Heroine of Revenge [Fantasy otome VN] [DEMO V.2] [Hiatus]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kagehide
Regular

Heroine of Revenge [Fantasy otome VN] [DEMO V.2] [Hiatus]

#1 Post by Kagehide »

This project is on hold right now and it is uncertain when (or if it ever) is going to be continued.
I have lost my drive for this project and I am currently working on a smaller project that will be anounced when I've finished the first half of the game.
Sorry to those who were looking forward to it.
Friendship, trust, love, tears, wounds, betrayal and revenge.

Eris, the main protagonist of Heroine of Revenge, gets dragged into the conflict between Humans and Antamen.
While searching for a way to let both races to live in peace, she also searches for a way to put a end to the Antamen's eternal life and let them seek death as they wish.
And that all because of a fated encounter with a lone Antamen, who deemed her worthy of getting the deed done.

------

ImageImage
ImageImage
(Click on the pictures for larger versions)
Heroine of Revenge will be an fantasy otome vn and is GxB
It has:
-4 normal routes with each a bad and good ending.
-1 true route wich can be played after finishing two routes. It has both an bad and good ending.
-1 unlockable background story.
-Everyone's lives depends on the affection with them. (So if your affection is low with one character there is a chance they will die.)
-The main menu's background changes after finishing a route.

Characters

Eris
Dislikes: Evil characters, selfishness and large bodies of water.
A wanabe heroine and the protagonist of this story.
Sets out on an journy to see the world and help people allong the way.

Diana
Own route?: No
Dislikes: Loud people Dianus, tall people, the beach and the smell of dirt.
A quiet woman who acompany's Eris in her journey.
For some reason she is unable to talk and covers her mouth with a mask.
Twin sister of Dianus.

Dianus
Own route?: Yes
Dislikes: Being told to look at something.
A cheery guy who loves pulling pranks and can talk your ears of your head.
He is unable to see for some reason and covers his eyes with a blindfold.
Twin brother of Diana.

ImageImage
Deus
Dislikes: Blood, wealth and his parents.
A joung boy that lives in hiding.
He speaks in a refined manner.

Mer
Dislikes: Cooking, mornings and strangers.
A man who Deus calls his guardian(?).
Has done countless assasination jobs and has some visible scars because of it.

Siuka
Dislikes: Murder, responsibilities and leading people.
A scholar who cant restrain his curiosity.
Doesnt realy like to talk about himself.

???
Image Its an mystery

Lugh
Dislikes: Losing, tall people and not being taken seriously.
The young guard captain of the royal guard stationed at Gaendo.
He has a very short temper.

------

Progress
-Sprites: 8 out of 8(?)
-Backgrounds: Done
-CG's: 11 out of ???
-Overall story: Done
-Script: 40 out of 100%

Demo
As of 1-9-2014 the second and longer demo of Heroine of Revenge is out!!!
Demo V2
4Shared
Dropbox
Google Drive

Updates
1-9-2014 Second demo released
28-7-2014 Info on the second demo added.
5-5-2014 Added new screenshots.
30-3-2014 Say hello to Lugh, our newest character.
31-1-2014 Ended up redrawing Mer due to size issues.
10-1-2014 Two more characters added.
7-1-2014 Changed the screen size from 800x600 to 1024x768 and resized everything.
6-1-2014 Finished one route, two main screen backgrounds and two chapters.
17-12-2013 Minor update on the current progress and added some sketches.
4-12-2013 Mer's sprite and information on him added. Also added some screenshots.
2-12-2013 Made an logo for the game, started on redesigning the main menu.
Last edited by Kagehide on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 am, edited 21 times in total.
"I’ve decided…I won’t run away any more…I’ll fight with my future! I’ll fight with the future that everyone’s made for me! Not for anyone else, but for myself!" -Hinata Hajime

Kagehide
Regular

Re: Heroine of Revenge [Fantasy otome VN] [DEMO] -Update!-

#2 Post by Kagehide »

Finished the beginning of the game until the point where it splits into multiple routes.
This means that i might make a new and longer demo soon with obviously Mer in it ( and posibly introduce another important character but i'll keep him a secret for now :lol: ) .
"I’ve decided…I won’t run away any more…I’ll fight with my future! I’ll fight with the future that everyone’s made for me! Not for anyone else, but for myself!" -Hinata Hajime

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Hey congrats on your progress. I probably won't have time to try out the demo but I am looking forward to the full release. The game seems like it'll be interesting C:

Also the logo is cool :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Kagehide
Regular

#4 Post by Kagehide »

Googaboga wrote:Hey congrats on your progress. I probably won't have time to try out the demo but I am looking forward to the full release. The game seems like it'll be interesting C:

Also the logo is cool :].
Thank you!
It will still take a while untill the full release but i hope you'll hang on till then.
It'll probably take one or two more months to finish this but i hope ill have the whole script done at the end of my christmass break.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#5 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

My favorite characters are Dianus and Deus. I have to admit, not seeing much of Deus has made me like Dianus a bit more. He's so energetic and cheerful. Deus is short though, and I love short guys. Also, he is so polite, and it is hard to find that in some guys. That was just a little ramble and my opinion of a few characters. I really can not wait for the full game. I just know it will be amazing! :D

Kagehide
Regular

#6 Post by Kagehide »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:My favorite characters are Dianus and Deus. I have to admit, not seeing much of Deus has made me like Dianus a bit more. He's so energetic and cheerful. Deus is short though, and I love short guys. Also, he is so polite, and it is hard to find that in some guys. That was just a little ramble and my opinion of a few characters. I really can not wait for the full game. I just know it will be amazing! :D
Thank you very much!
Its realy nice to know that Deus is getting some love already because he's totaly going to need it. :lol:
Ive decided to make a second demo after ive finished writing the main script and finished the new GUI and i assure you, there will be a lot more Deus in that one.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

Re: Heroine of Revenge [Fantasy otome VN] [DEMO]

#7 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I can't wait for the second demo! :) I hope I can find out a bit more about Deus, because he really is interesting. Good luck on your game. ^^

Kagehide
Regular

#8 Post by Kagehide »

I appologise for not updating the progress of the VN for some time.
I have been bussy with preparing for the oncoming exams of mine and on top of that i also ended up in hospital once for my wounded leg.
My leg has already fully healed and im more than prepared for the exams so im imediately going back to working on the VN.
During the last time i updated this post i have already finished two chapters, one route, two main screen backgrounds and a bunch of CG sketches.
The first thing on my to-do list right now is finishing the sprites of the last two characters and finish half of the script.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

Re: Heroine of Revenge [Fantasy otome VN] [DEMO] -Minor upda

#9 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I'm glad to hear that you are alright, and I am looking forward to the game!

Lyyli
Regular

#10 Post by Lyyli »

That was a very short demo :P But the small taste I got from it were positive. Dianus were really cute pesonality wise! (Of course I gave him a kiss on the cheek!)
Meep.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#11 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

My thoughts on playing the demo. As always consider them, use whatever helps you and discard the rest.

I felt that the demo started very slowly. The dream sequence gives us the sort of one sentence character quotes that usually appear in trailers. It's a trope I don't like so it's not surprising that I didn't like it here. A more important issue comes when you describe the voices. You're telling us what your characters are like instead of showing it through their actions. Example: "The first voice... is worried and cares about me." You can do this if you want but it's much more powerful to show a character doing things that demonstrate they're worried and care about the main character than it is to just spell it out like this.

After the dream is you do a good job of introducing Dianus. His actions tell me who he is and why I should care about him. Bonus points for describing him as "a weirdo that travels with me" in the dream sequence. That's a good set up for his relationship with Eris.

You do a pretty good job introducing Diana, she's challenging because she doesn't have any lines. My only complaint with is when she was "....giving me a worried look". That'll be more powerful if you show her expressions to the audience with a sprite instead of narrating it.

It was also bugging me throughout the demo that you never capitalize "I" unless it's at the beginning of the sentence. "I" is always capitalized no matter where it falls in the sentence.

I love your art. It's colorful and easy to tell what's going on.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing more of this.

Kagehide
Regular

#12 Post by Kagehide »

Flowers from Nowhere wrote:My thoughts on playing the demo. As always consider them, use whatever helps you and discard the rest.

I felt that the demo started very slowly. The dream sequence gives us the sort of one sentence character quotes that usually appear in trailers. It's a trope I don't like so it's not surprising that I didn't like it here. A more important issue comes when you describe the voices. You're telling us what your characters are like instead of showing it through their actions. Example: "The first voice... is worried and cares about me." You can do this if you want but it's much more powerful to show a character doing things that demonstrate they're worried and care about the main character than it is to just spell it out like this.

After the dream is you do a good job of introducing Dianus. His actions tell me who he is and why I should care about him. Bonus points for describing him as "a weirdo that travels with me" in the dream sequence. That's a good set up for his relationship with Eris.

You do a pretty good job introducing Diana, she's challenging because she doesn't have any lines. My only complaint with is when she was "....giving me a worried look". That'll be more powerful if you show her expressions to the audience with a sprite instead of narrating it.

It was also bugging me throughout the demo that you never capitalize "I" unless it's at the beginning of the sentence. "I" is always capitalized no matter where it falls in the sentence.

I love your art. It's colorful and easy to tell what's going on.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing more of this.
Thank you for giving your opinion on the demo, it gave me a lot to think about and im going to try and do my best following your advice.

Kagehide
Regular

#13 Post by Kagehide »

I havent updated this forum for an while and no I havent dropped this project.
Lately I've been getting less and less time to work on this VN which is why the progress is getting slower and slower.
The reason for me having not enough time is because I'm in my senior year and the main exams are getting closer and closer.
I might put the VN on hold untill after I've finished the exams.
Thankfully I have enough time to work on the VN after the exams so I hope that will be enough time to finish it.
I am so sorry for those who are waiting for this VN to be finished but have faith for I will finish it one day.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#14 Post by distorsion »

Yes do want. I hope you can finish this project, and good luck on your exams!
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Lyyli
Regular

#15 Post by Lyyli »

No worries, real life business always comes first!
I'll be waiting so take your time~
Meep.