My Sunflowers Keeper (BxB)(Update 5/13- GUI completed)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

My Sunflowers Keeper (BxB)(Update 5/13- GUI completed)

#1 Post by Firefly »

My Sunflowers Keeper_1 edit 2.png
This has been a small side project of mine, that has acted as a little break from my other work in progess game.
It was originally supposed to be a KN, with Yoshida as the love interest, but I turned it into a VN.

Plot:You play as Natsuki Yamamoto, affectionatly refered to as Himawari (sunflower) by friends, a 22 year old environmental biology major with one big problem. He's in love with a man, and not just any man. Yoshida Jin, a 27 year old widow with an 8 year old daughter named Sakura. His life takes a sudden unexpected turn when he finds a job at a flowershop where Yoshida is the manager. What could possibly go wrong when you spend most of your day with the love of your life? Perhaps alot when two unexpected characters walk back into his life. Natsuki will be forced to come to face his own past choices and his own family situation as he truly falls in love for the first time. Will Natsukis' unrequited love succeed or will he fall in love with someone else? A mature love, an energetic love or a comforting love?

There is a normal end and a true end. There is a total of one cg per character. The ending cg will appear in both endings, but the true end will have an extra chibi event based on a little scenario I've planned for each of the routes.
New There will be an unlockable his POV story for each of the pursuable characters once the true ending has been unlocked. The his POV endings will have an additional CG seperate from the main story CG.

Total main cgs (1 per character x 3 characters)= 3
Total his POV cgs (1 per character x 3 characters)=3
Total chibi scenes (4 per character x 3 characters)=12

Sprite Artist: MukangASO @ Deviantart.com (Completed)---( Additional Sprites being considered---On Hold)
Cg Artist: MukangASO @ Deviantart.com (Completed)-----(Additional CGs being considered---On Hold)
Logo: Lunabih @LSF (Completed)
Main screen: Nii-hon @ Deviantart.com (Completed)
Script: Firefly @LSF (Currently in progress)
Coding: Firefly @LSF (On hold)
GUI: SundownKid @LSF (Completed)
Chibi scene artist: Suesanne @ Deviantart.com (On hold)
Music: (On hold)

About Natsuki:
Natsuki Yamamoto ref card.png
Available Bachelors:

Jin Yoshida
Jin Yoshida Ref card.png

Shouta Suzuki
Shouta Suzuki Ref card.png
Kou Saitou
Kou Saito Ref card.png

Side characters:

Sakura:
Sakura Yoshida ref card.png
CG sneak peak
CG ref 2.png
Update (5/13): GUI was completed and looks great, SundownKid did an amazing job
Main menu:
1.png
Setting screen:
2.png
I have some questions if anyone would like to answer, just for opinions. I always welcome constructive criticism as well.
New questions:
1) Which characters from the bios captures your interest?
2) What do you think of the main character? The plot?
3) How long would you expect/prefer the demo to be?
Last edited by Firefly on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 29 times in total.
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

Re: My Sunflowers Keeper (BxB)

#2 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

wow the art is cute and the chibis are adorable, the plot is interesting too ^^!! I'll be waiting for this VN! owo the part of the general opinions is quite great too hahahaha

Firefly
Regular

Re: My Sunflowers Keeper (BxB)

#3 Post by Firefly »

Sora-Kuroi wrote:wow the art is cute and the chibis are adorable, the plot is interesting too ^^!! I'll be waiting for this VN! owo the part of the general opinions is quite great too hahahaha
I was actually worried that the plot was too ordinary/boring. I'm glad that its not (^-^)

Update:
I finished the flowershop BG so here it is (Probably going to change the colors/shade but it works for now):
Flowershop.png
Update 6/19:
Adding a few bg's that I made for my other game to this one.
rp livingroom day.png
Kou's house...kind of
rp sfroom.png
Jin's room again, kind of

Firefly
Regular

Re: My Sunflowers Keeper (BxB)(Back from Hiatus)

#4 Post by Firefly »

Back from Hiatus ^^
I've been revising the script, and commissioned the amazing MukangASO for sprites and CGs.
Once I have revised the script to a level I am satisfied with I'll be looking to hire people to help code etc.
Until then, this project is looking to release sometime this year since it will be a relatively small game ^^