DELETE ME

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Juniper's Knot Forever

#61 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm pretty sure that the artist and dev team were hinting at their next game, DF. That's not unreasonable to assume seeing as you can come up with an idea for a game before, well, telling the public...
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Omniknight
Veteran

#62 Post by Omniknight »

Hmm... so perhaps it's just a coincidence that my character setups match the guys on the right side perfectly?

Well the main cast are as follows:

-Lilymore Freude (Fiend) (Top Left)
-Wesley Miller (Boy) (Bottom Left)
-Richard Freude (Lily's father) (Left Right) (Name might change)
-Gilbert Freude (Lily's step brother) (Bottom Right)

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#63 Post by Caveat Lector »

The blog entry doesn't say the sequel is cancelled. It just says that the team is still working on it as a side project. It also says:

"The script for the episode is finished and the concept work as well."

That in itself hints the sequel is coming up, it's just not going to happen within the next few weeks.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Omniknight
Veteran

#64 Post by Omniknight »

Caveat Lector wrote:The blog entry doesn't say the sequel is cancelled. It just says that the team is still working on it as a side project. It also says:

"The script for the episode is finished and the concept work as well."

That in itself hints the sequel is coming up, it's just not going to happen within the next few weeks.
Abridged from original comment:
Omniknight wrote: 2. Dischan is starting their own animated sequel, and starting a fan sequel when the official sequel is under production is questionable.

I understand. It's also only reasonable that people would prefer an official sequel over an unvalidated fan sequel. However, if you take a look at the blog post here, https://dischan.org/devblog/2014/01/dis ... f-affairs/, they specifically say that this is a pilot episode. Also, if you take a look at the artwork, it differs greatly from what doomfest originally drew. Our development team, the Omnicrew, would like to focus on creating a more intense and fulfilling sequel bolstered by strong artists. I can assure you that our sequel will not dissapoint you--after all, we'll be eventually featuring 3 playable characters to begin with, with each character having 20+ options in their respective routes. Each route will be told from a different perspective, and you will face new challenges and uncover new secrets that a linear novel just can't provide for.

Omniknight
Veteran

#65 Post by Omniknight »

Omniknight wrote: 3. POLL:

In the original visual novel, the story was told from 2 perspectives (from the fiend and from the boy.) This is highly inconvenient to write and program, so our team decided to simply make 2 playable characters.

The question is, whose route do you want to see first in the demo??

I am going to work on whoever gets more votes.

Omniknight
Veteran

#66 Post by Omniknight »

Moar updatez...
Road.jpg
Forest4.jpg

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#67 Post by Omnificent »

Hey there.

You should probably edit your previous post(s) rather than constantly bumping your thread with new posts, especially since you're still on page 1 of the WiP subforum. It's basic forum etiquette and prevents you from doing the equivalent of cutting in line, so to speak.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Omniknight
Veteran

#68 Post by Omniknight »

Omnificent wrote:Hey there.

You should probably edit your previous post(s) rather than constantly bumping your thread with new posts, especially since you're still on page 1 of the WiP subforum. It's basic forum etiquette and prevents you from doing the equivalent of cutting in line, so to speak.
Agreed! Sorry about that.

alvissa

#69 Post by alvissa »

Omniknight wrote:Hmm... so perhaps it's just a coincidence that my character setups match the guys on the right side perfectly?

Well the main cast are as follows:

-Lilymore Freude (Fiend) (Top Left)
-Wesley Miller (Boy) (Bottom Left)
-Richard Freude (Lily's father) (Left Right) (Name might change)
-Gilbert Freude (Lily's step brother) (Bottom Right)
Uhm... No, it does not match at all. First of all, the one on the bottom right is is not a boy, she's a girl. She also happens to be the protagonist for Dischan's commercial VN, Dysfunctional Systems Episode 1: Learning to Manage Chaos and she already has a name: Winter Harrison. She was also nominated for, and won Best Character of 2013 in vnsnow.com's Best Ofs Awards 2013 for OELVNs. The man behind her is her mentor, Cyrus Addington.

And Hazel-Bun is right. This image is a teaser for Dysfunctional Systems. Dischan was hinting at their next game, Dysfunctional Systems before announcing it to the public officially and they likely came up with the idea for the VN while working on, or before they released Juniper's Knot. Anyone who played Juniper's Knot and saw that bonus illustration and also saw this OP/trailer, or this illustration/promo image by Doomfest, or played Dysfunctional Systems, would be able to realize that.

Btw, if you haven't already, you might want to buy Dysfunctional Systems and play it to show your support to the game developers you're borrowing the idea for your fan VN from. It's on sale right now and you can buy it for only $2.49 from Steam and Desura. If you love Juniper's Knot, I'm sure you'll love Dysfunctional Systems as well. :D
Last edited by alvissa on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:44 am, edited 8 times in total.

arttorney
Regular
Completed: The Cask of Amontillado
Projects: Revelation, Trial Aid Demo

#70 Post by arttorney »

Profile information places Omniknight at the age of fifteen. We all have been fifteen. I think Omniknight is risking getting sued, but I think Omniknight is not fully aware of what the ramifications feel like.

My advice: Be kind to Dischan in the hopes that they will be kind to you, Omniknight.
You may criticize my works if you wish. That's one of the two reasons I put them on the internet.

Omniknight
Veteran

#71 Post by Omniknight »

*Sigh*
Apparently I messed up again...
And Dischan can't really sue me, you know.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#72 Post by Omnificent »

We all make mistakes, it's part of learning and growing as a person. You're still young, so these are relatively okay mistakes to make, but if you were 30 you'd be slammed from all sides even more than you are being slammed now.

At any rate, please learn from this. Listen to what people are telling you, get in touch with Dischan if you haven't already in order to get the official okay (it's very easy, their contact info should be on their site), then proceed as necessary. You haven't made the best first impression on the community, and some people are almost certainly overreacting, but it's possible to pick yourself back up and do better easily. Just make sure to listen and learn, try not to jump so many guns at once, and no one will hold a grudge on this.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Omniknight
Veteran

#73 Post by Omniknight »

Omnificent wrote:We all make mistakes, it's part of learning and growing as a person. You're still young, so these are relatively okay mistakes to make, but if you were 30 you'd be slammed from all sides even more than you are being slammed now.

At any rate, please learn from this. Listen to what people are telling you, get in touch with Dischan if you haven't already in order to get the official okay (it's very easy, their contact info should be on their site), then proceed as necessary. You haven't made the best first impression on the community, and some people are almost certainly overreacting, but it's possible to pick yourself back up and do better easily. Just make sure to listen and learn, try not to jump so many guns at once, and no one will hold a grudge on this.
Thank you for your guidance, I will certainly do as you have said :mrgreen: :lol:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Juniper's Knot Forever (unofficial fangame)

#74 Post by PyTom »

I've altered the thread title per Dischan request.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Omniknight
Veteran

Re: Juniper's Knot Forever (unofficial fangame)

#75 Post by Omniknight »

PyTom wrote:I've altered the thread title per Dischan request.
Thank you very much!! :D