DELETE ME

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Omniknight
Veteran

DELETE ME

#1 Post by Omniknight »

-Mods, delete this thread-
Thanks ^^;
Last edited by Omniknight on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Omniknight
Veteran

Re: Juniper's Knot: Sequel

#2 Post by Omniknight »

-Mods, delete this thread-
Last edited by Omniknight on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omniknight
Veteran

#3 Post by Omniknight »

---
Last edited by Omniknight on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4 Post by Rinima »

No longer relevant.
Last edited by Rinima on Sun May 04, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Omniknight
Veteran

#5 Post by Omniknight »

Does anyone have any questions or expectations for the game?
Last edited by Omniknight on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Rinima »

:P

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

Love? Eh, that's a curious question, but I'd rather not have them fall for each other. Hahaha. It looks like a pretty nice sibling-y relationship. :)) That's just my own opinion of course.

I am looking forward to this anyway, since I enjoyed Juniper's Knot quite a lot. And... I guess the better route is for it to become a commercial release, if Dischan allows it. Haaa. Anyways, goodluck on the game. :)

Omniknight
Veteran

#8 Post by Omniknight »

EDIT: It seems that one of our artists (arisuonpaa) is inactive and we might need an additional background artist. I'm not sure just yet because I haven't confirmed some details. Nevertheless, if you'd like to work with us, feel free to apply by either PM or registering here:
dischan.boards.net.

:D

Omniknight
Veteran

#9 Post by Omniknight »

@Ran08: Thank you very much! We're aiming for 10 hours minimum (Already have... 16000 words so... how many characters? Forgot XD)

Omniknight
Veteran

#10 Post by Omniknight »

I think we should release at least the first arc by March, if not sooner.

Omniknight
Veteran

#11 Post by Omniknight »

UPDATE-Yes, one of our artists (unlevelednate) has left the team (I lost contact with him. :() If you're interested in working for us regarding background art, please contact me. We officially have 1 free spot now.

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#12 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I'm kind of confused. Was this a game officially approved by Dischan? I noticed you said:
Omniknight wrote:We're unsure if this will be a commercial release or not, but if we can obtain a contract with Dischan about splitting the profits 70:30, then it's probably going to be commercial. No deal means free release though. We'll see about that one later!
That makes me think that this game wasn't given permission? Not to mention that having a commercial release for a fangame seems strange since the original game was free. I'm not 100% sure how fangames in the U.S. work in that case.

If this game is already approved, I think "Juniper's Knot: Subtitle Here" would be more fitting for a fangame. Also, this is going to be GxB and GxG, right? As in Girl x New Guy and Girl x the Fiend.

I think more released development about this game would get you more replies on this thread. If you said a demo is going to be released in 2-3 months from now, some concept writing/sketches would be great to see!

Honest Critique

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#13 Post by SundownKid »

It seems to me like a developer approved "fan sequel" considering they aren't "officially" continuing Juniper's Knot past the original game. That said, you may run into some trouble if you turn it commercial midway through development. Without agreeing on the profit splits for everyone who worked on it before hand, you are looking at some serious issues when people start demanding their share of the 70% profits you are making.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Rinima »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:I'm kind of confused. Was this a game officially approved by Dischan? I noticed you said:
Omniknight wrote:We're unsure if this will be a commercial release or not, but if we can obtain a contract with Dischan about splitting the profits 70:30, then it's probably going to be commercial. No deal means free release though. We'll see about that one later!
That makes me think that this game wasn't given permission? Not to mention that having a commercial release for a fangame seems strange since the original game was free. I'm not 100% sure how fangames in the U.S. work in that case.

If this game is already approved, I think "Juniper's Knot: Subtitle Here" would be more fitting for a fangame. Also, this is going to be GxB and GxG, right? As in Girl x New Guy and Girl x the Fiend.

I think more released development about this game would get you more replies on this thread. If you said a demo is going to be released in 2-3 months from now, some concept writing/sketches would be great to see!

We have been given permission to release the game, but not as an official sequel.
The idea about it being commercial... we do need to talk about that.
Omni, you talked to Jeremy about it right? (if not, probably best you refrain from mentioning it in public)

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#15 Post by SundownKid »

Approving a commercial release while not allowing it to be canon seems pretty unusual. Especially since this is pretty much a sequel with the same characters, so most people will automatically assume it is canon.