Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]ALPHA(July 8)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Re: Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Otome][Fantasy][Dating S

#16 Post by Omnificent »

This concept looks very cool and I've always liked the idea of a choose-your-protagonist. Plus hey, an epic fantasy EVN with production values is always nice.

But what on earth are you going to use 50 CGs for? XD Is it going to be like a comic strip? Also, if your script is 80% done, you should definitely be in good shape to release a demo!
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#17 Post by SilverxBlue »

1.) I know there's probably not much to go on, but does the premise at least sound somewhat interesting? :S Would it be a game you'd be interested in playing? Can I ask what about it is interesting or not interesting to you? (Gameplay plan, plot, characters, art, etc)

I personally think it sounds interesting. I've always liked fantasy VNs and quite admittedly there's not really a lot of them. I can see that you haven't elaborated fully on its plot though, but I'm still sold because fantaaaaaasssssy... and that art. XD

2.) In your opinion, would you be interested in a battle system? Or should I work on it first and release a demo with it before asking...?

I am very interested, but I'm also down for not having it... especially since sometimes I find them a little too tedious. OTL. Either way's fine, really. 8D

3.) What are you expecting from the game, based on what you've read?
As for my expectations... well, uhm... nothing much. Just general epicness and a new world I can fully immerse to. XD

4.) Do you think separating the game into two distinct parts is a good idea (a predominantly dating-sim game play for the first half followed by a pure VN)?
I think it is. bo_o You get the best of both worlds~ //shot I've always loved to implement those on any of my future long-ish dating sims/VNs though. XD

5.) Any questions about the game? Feedback? Critique? Type away!
120+ events and 50+ CGs with really pretty graphics and a possible battle-system all done by you alone... Wow... just wow. Let me worship you. XD //shot

Good luck~! ^^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#18 Post by akemicchi »

@ Googaboga
ovo)b Skippable battles it is! I was thinking I could just give a reward for completing battles like extra items or affection boosts, so people would be more motivated to try it if it wasn't too tedious.

@ Omniknight
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that. ;;;_;;;

@ Omnificent
Ahhh, you're too nice. ;_;

Well, 50 CGs for a cast of 9 characters is about 5-6 CGs per character. It's not a lot considering how many there are, and the number will probably go up since I still have Part II to go, but I really can't promise any more than that for Part I. "orz

Only the first part of the game is 80% done. :'D The game's really just halfway complete, and I spent a long time on it (meaning there's another few months of hard work ahead...). I'd release a demo but I have no graphics and two characters are still almost completely missing from the game, lol.

@ SilverxBlue
Thank you for the comment! :D I really appreciate it.
3) Such high expectations! I can only hope not to disappoint you. ;_;
4) From a developer's standpoint, it's a great idea, but I'm not so sure about how people would feel about it as a player. Haha. :'D
5) /cry You're too nice. "orz

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets

#19 Post by akemicchi »

Quick doodle. Meet the heroine, Aleo, playing the pocky game.

Her starting Charm is 0 if it isn't obvious. ^q^

As for updates, I tweaked the DSE a bit so only visual changes in the stats will result in visual indicators. I'm also playing around with the activities decrease stats (it wasn't implemented earlier). Also, I wrote a tiny bit more. Here's my lint.
The game contains 11,527 dialogue blocks, containing 143,639 words and 771,686
characters, for an average of 12.5 words and 67 characters per block.

The game contains 106 menus, 17 images, and 13 screens.
I'll update again in a week. \o/

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#20 Post by Lire »

DISCUSSION
1. Yes it is interesting enough for me. Would be waiting for its release! Dat art <3, and it's pretty interesting to saw two different gender playing in the same story.
2. It was up to dev~ . Don't really mind it was there or not, except it has some effect to story. :P
3. Since i was a fan of fantasy and adventure, so that was what i was expecting. (too arrogant isn't ? :mrgreen: :lol: )
4. Up to dev again~. If you want to make it so, why not? :wink:
5. Um.. not yet.. I'll wait.. 8) :mrgreen:
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

akemicchi
Veteran

#21 Post by akemicchi »

1) There's actually no real big difference between playing as a boy or a girl. 8D; Half the events are pretty much shared. They're mostly for aesthetics, though some events between characters change depending on whether you're a boy or a girl.
2) If you lose a battle, you lose the game. That counts as an effect on the story, right? Hahaha.

Thank you for the comment, Lire! \o/

nankaimo
Regular
Completed: Lolita Dress up Game, Feather Promises
IRC Nick: Ems

#22 Post by nankaimo »

This looks wonderful *o*!! The art is gorgeous and all the character designs are interesting enough where I would want to play multiple routes! and 7 different routes woww that's quite a haul of work! good luck friend ^u^ I can't wait to play it when you are done!

1. I know there's probably not much to go on, but does the premise at least sound somewhat interesting? :S Would it be a game you'd be interested in playing? Can I ask what about it is interesting or not interesting to you? (Gameplay plan, plot, characters, art, etc)
Yes it really does C: I love how the main character seems to have personality, it will make the game interesting instead of boring : )
2. In your opinion, would you be interested in a battle system? Or should I work on it first and release a demo with it before asking...?
LOl welll the game seems like alot of work with 7 diff routes so I think you can get away with a non super complex battle system. Possibly something like pokemon or Fire emblem?
3.What are you expecting from the game, based on what you've read?
Something really fun and interesting : ). Really diverse characters that will always keep interest and some humor in the game, characters that I will eventually grow to love despite if I'm interested them or not.
4.Do you think separating the game into two distinct parts is a good idea (a predominantly dating-sim game play for the first half followed by a pure VN)?
I actually don't think so : / I think the game might be better if you somehow mixed the two elements into one game, but that's entirely your call!
5. Any questions about the game? Feedback? Critique? Type away!
Honestly I think you could make this game commercial with how advanced and large it looks, I'm not sure how long each of the play throughs take but even with a 30min play through for each route I'd be willing to pay at least 5$. I don't know it's just a thought : ).

By the way I live in Cali too ^o^! What area do you live in?

Lady Wreckful

#23 Post by Lady Wreckful »

Wow! So looking forward to this!!!

The first part is the dating simulation aspect of the game, focusing on leveling relationships with characters and stat-building.
Simply this. All my favorite aspects. Really excited for the gameplay, as well as the characters. They all seem so... beautiful. :)

2. I'd be interested in the game with or without the battle system. Though I think the added element would be amazing!

3. I'm really just expecting a fun game. I'm a sucker for stat raising dating sims, so I figure as long as one character is lovable (or multiple characters are), I'll love the game!

4. I think it would be better to mix them together or pick one. Unless somehow you are able to pull it together like... 1st half is dating and 2nd half is like what happens based on the character you ended up with? I don't know how it would work, but you might have some new idea that will blow us all away!

5. I'm just curious. Would the dialogue change based on if you picked male or female ( I would assume so, but I'm asking if major events would change or something, maybe XD?) Erm, or rather would it be worthwhile to play the game once as female, then go through as male after (or vice-versa).

Good luck on your game and have a Happy New Year!

akemicchi
Veteran

#24 Post by akemicchi »

@nankaimo
Thank you! *V*
1) I hope people like her. "orz
2) omg, if I could make anything even remotely resembling Fire Emblem's battle system, I would be over the moon!
4) For the first part, I can mix VN style gameplay with the dating sim because a completely stat-based game wouldn't be all that fun for this kind of game. But I'm not really sure how I can mix the two into the second part because I really want to be able to focus on the plot. :'c
5) Thank you very much..! It means a lot to hear that. I'm still going to release this game as free to play, though; my ultimate goal out of all this is to have as many people as possible play it. ;v;

In the middle! Near the capital. 8D

@ Lady Wreckful
Hahaa, 'beautiful'. xD That's an interesting word to use.
1&3) Yay! You're a dating sim fan too? I absolutely adore them. I want every single one of my games to have at least some elements of it. The world needs more dating sims to play.
4) It's more like the latter! The dating simulation part (Part I) decides which character route you're going to be in. The story, on the other hand, branches by the second part, which is why the dating sim elements gets dropped. It's a lot easier to imagine my game as a dating sim... with a long, long epilogue after. Except it's not an epilogue. It's still part of the story.
5) There's nothing that impacts the storyline and not much in terms of gender specific CGs. On some routes there aren't even any events that depend on whether you are male or female, while on others there are one or two events that are gender specific. The brothers for example treat girls differently from boys-- Yue especially-- so they have some male only / female only events. It's only worth if it you have a completionist attitude, though. 8D

Also, happy new year to the both of you, too! \o/

Lady Wreckful

#25 Post by Lady Wreckful »

@ akemicchi

1& 3) I use the word beautiful, because I have NO (and by that I mean absolutely 0) art talent. So I think many types of arts are fancy/beautiful/(insert compliment). I agree that the world needs more otome/GxB/dating sims in the world. I purposely will seek them out to play them. :) There is just something about them... The whole idea of romance is... ya know.

4) Now that you explained it, I think its a wonderful idea. Personally I would look forward to playing a game where you can "see what happens afterward" while still influencing the story. Though it does seem like quite a lot of work.

5) I have a completionist attitude! I'll be looking forward to scanning over the text to figure out the differences. :) Thanks for clarifying!

Not trying to hijack this thread by any means. I'm just really excited that I finally joined the community that shares a major interest of mine. :) Again good luck on your game, and thanks for the extra info. Appreciate it!

akemicchi
Veteran

#26 Post by akemicchi »

1&5) omg, a kindred spirit!! \o/ High five!

4) I like working hard so I don't mind. Haha.
5) Hopefully there will be enough changes that the playthroughs won't be boring. 8v8 I'm actually moving to have more gender specific events now, just so I'm sure the game won't be too boring after the first playthrough with a character.

I'm glad you found us! Welcome to the Lemmasoft forums! Are you planning on making a game, too? ovo psst you should so I can play some otome games too

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#27 Post by pickle131 »

Ali'Sakir's design is just amazing *_*
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

akemicchi
Veteran

#28 Post by akemicchi »

@pickle131
Thank you! *v* He looks a bit cluttered through so I'm going to simplify his final outfit more, but I'm glad you like his design.

BlueJayGames
Organization: Blue Jay Games

#29 Post by BlueJayGames »

I am very, very excited for this game! I love games that have MC gender options and an open ended romance pursuit. :) Can't wait for either a demo (hopefully? *wink wink*) or the final product. :) Keep up the good work!

P.S. Your art is lovely! I love Aleo's reaction sprites so far.

kelsaki
Regular
Projects: Maiden Iron

#30 Post by kelsaki »

1. Yes, yes, and you had me at the art. Plus I love games set in a war-time setting.

2. I am interested in the fighting (Part ll) but if it comes down to it don't let it brag down your production/fun :)

3. Cute/Enthusiastic dialog from an interesting story.

4. Perhaps, though it might weaken your gameplay overall. For example, someone might play through Part l and love it but stop playing when they get to Part ll; that is, if it truly is so different from Part l. Maybe do something like integrating pieces of Part ll gameplay into Part l and vis versa? A little battle action amongst the romance time? :) Just a suggestion.

5. Continue with what you have here! It has captivated my interest :)