Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]ALPHA(July 8)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kelsaki
Regular
Projects: Maiden Iron

Re: Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]-- DEMO (July

#121 Post by kelsaki »

Ok, just give me a minute here...

IT'S A DEMO!!!!

Awesome! Congratulations akemicchi!!! I totally have not been stalking your wordpress in hopes of the upload ;) I can't wait to play through the demo. I'll give you all the critique I possibly can afterwards but honestly, I'm just excited!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#122 Post by SweetChiel »

Rinima wrote:
SweetChiel wrote: I'll be blunt, are there really yaoi endings? o_o
And yuri I believe (I think).

Anyway, what's wrong with yaoi? -_-
of course there's nothing wrong with it xD I just wanted to confirm it!
just- Wow! There are so many choices and endings here! They literally combined otome and yaoi into one game and I was like 'Dang, they worked so hard for this.'
I really respect them for this :D

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#123 Post by akemicchi »

So many comments! o|-< Thanks so much, guys!

I updated the download links with fixes on Sitri's events, so if you want to see Sitri's events, you'll have to download it again. :'D Issues with Rima's failure event not triggering and suddenly getting tracebacks when choosing either Sho, Sitri, or Yue's events should be solved with this, too. I also added male sprites for the activity screen, instead of just Holy magic practice. ;)

Many of the scenes are still uncompleted and people will still be hanging out on the screen improperly and stuff, though. I'm not planning on fixing those until the official demo. ^^;

Hazel-Bun wrote:Cool :D I'm download it shortly and play over the weekend! Glad to see it's not abandoned.
Of course! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for downloading!
KittyKatStar wrote:Awww, the demo was so cute. >o< I loved all of the characters, especially Sho and Faeran.

I know it's a WIP, but everything is shaping up nicely, I really love the sprites and I can't wait to see their finished form.

Good luck with the game.
Hahaha, I've never heard of my stuff being called cute before, but thank you! I'm really glad to hear you like all the characters. :D The game is pretty character-centric, so that's a really great thing to hear.

Thanks! I'll need as much luck as I can get, ahaha.
Rinima wrote:I've fallen in love with Sho </3

AND NOOOOOO! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THE END OF THE DEMO THERE ;~;

I really really wanted to go to the festival with Sho ;~;
Wow, Sho's really popular. :'D I didn't expect that. I guess it's because he has more completed scenes than the others, haha.

MUAHAHAHAHA
Chasing Summer wrote:I did not expect myself to fall in love with Sho — but the guy’s adorable!

Overall, I have not finished the demo yet. As far as I’ve played the game it looks great though. There are a few sentences that perhaps could be worded differently and I’m not a big fan of the font, but I’m sure the complete version will polish all of that.
Ahahaha, I'm really glad you gave Sho a chance and ended up liking him! Hopefully the other characters will surprise you, too. Every single one of them is actually a huge dork in some way or another. Just give them time, haha.

Oh, some sentences sound weird? You don't have to let me know which ones they are, but if you have time, it'd be a tremendous help! I've only edited it once, though; I might be able to find out which ones they are on the second or third pass. :) Still, thanks for bringing it up!

As for the font... I'll try to find one that'll fit! ovo
SweetChiel wrote:NOOOOOOooooo---!!
why did you have to stop there?! Q____Q
really, you're such a tease!

So far I'm interested with Sho, Faeran, and Raziel :D But I've just finished the demo with Sho and I loved it! xD
what surprised me the most is that Sho have a 10 year old son, wow, just how old is he? o_o
muwahahahaha

I'm super, super glad you like so many of them! :'D
Like Sho says, he's older than most of the magicians there ahahaha
SweetChiel wrote:the characters are very good. You managed to keep all their personality in check xD it's smooth and flows nicely. What made me groan is the long history tho, maybe it's because I'm not a history person :S
but I get the gist of how the magicians are considered monsters and un-respected despite helping the war. Maybe you could shorten the Sansa history a bit about how they ended up hating the Dolphins (I can't seem to spell it right, so... yup, I'm gonna use Dolphins).
I think it's enough having Sho said the Sansa Tribe were threatened, killed in cold blood, chased away from their home, etc and I'm really curious as to why he's helping the killers now (is it a debt?)
Thank you! Hahaha, the long history is only because Sho is obsessed with it. No one is actually supposed to listen when he talks about the Sansa (Aleo certainly doesn't ^q^), but you've brought up a good point! I'll just cut out all the history and just make him talk about the Sansa without mentioning the tedious bits. :) It's not really important to the story until Part II, but by then there's a lot of opportunities to talk about the Sansa in more interesting ways than 'history lessons' with Sho.
Eheheh, as for Sho joining the army of his enemy, that's a secret! ;) Part II will reveal all of that. It's not a debt, though! It's for reasons more... close to Sho's personality, if that makes any sense.
SweetChiel wrote:there are some bugs: ...
Ahahaha, yeah, there's a lot of them. o|-< I'll get to fixing all of those right away. The actual demo will be much more polished; I'll go over everything with a fine toothed comb and check every event myself. :)
SweetChiel wrote:Oh the Soundtrack you're using at the start menu is already used at 'Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea' RPG game :)
Haha, the songs I'm using are from free music resource sites. I'm not surprised the soundtracks have been used by other games. o|-<
SweetChiel wrote:some questions:
- Are you planning to make everybody's tent room Background? :D I was a little bored with the same BG again and again for 4 months
- I'll be blunt, are there really yaoi endings? o_o
LOL, don't worry, I'll do a few variations of the camp BGs, so people aren't staring at just one CG throughout the whole game. XD

As for the second question, it's only BL if you make it. ;) Yue's route touches on it, too, and if you're playing as a male character and don't get the ending of one of the characters, you'll get the secret character who's a man but shhh that's a secret. Anyway, the gender differences are just for aesthetic purposes, so there's GxG elements and BxG elements, too. :)

Thank you very much! The demo will have complete art assets and complete events so hopefully things will be better. :)
try10 wrote:I played the demo and I loved it! Even if the sprites and the backgrounds were not finished I had fun. The dialogue is very well written and the characters are interesting and charming. The ones I liked the most were General Tiberus ( even if he is cold and way too serious), Ali'Sakir ( do I even have to say why? :oops: :twisted: Sho ( :lol: his smirk is irresistible) and Reziel ( how can her guardian be so twisted!?). I really want to know more about everyone and Aleo. I think Raziel is hiding something 8) . Everything looks great and I'm waiting for the full release! :D Good luck! :)
I'm really glad you liked it a lot! And I'm really happy to see such a large list of characters that you like. I love all of them very much-- hopefully as you get to know them, you'll continue to like them even more. Everyone's actually kind of a nerd somehow, even the general and Sho and Ali'sakir and Reziel, but hopefully that'll add to their charm? Hahaha. (I also laughed like crazy at your thoughts on Reziel-- he is twisted. :'D)

I'm super glad you want to learn more about the characters and that you're waiting for the full release. That means a lot! o|-< Thank you, try10!
15385bic wrote:GAH! demo! hits that ddl button! ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶

will tell u how it goes after i play ~
with the stats screen wayyy above - i like them all ^^' - but if i had to decide on one...the 2x4~ i mean if nothing else is happening on screen - u may as well take up space 「(゚ペ)
ovob

I just added all the arrangements; you can change where they're positioned with the Arrangement button at the top of the screen. :)
Lyyli wrote:I've been playing around with different characters and man, I love this game! All characters are so charming in their own ways! >w< Ali'sakir is hilarious!
Lots of giggles has been had! I really love the art, you are so talented! I can't wait for more :)

I noticed a bug with one of Sitri's events where you find her resting at the base of a tree, it will repeat itself over and over again and you can't get out from the loop. (After a while pressing ctrl it seem like I could break away, but suddenly after doing a few training lessons the scene came back and repeats itself again and keeps doing it D:)
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the game, and the characters, too! ;v; Ali'sakir's kind of a troll so... ahahaha o|-<

T-That's a really bad glitch, hahaha. :'D Turns out I missed one little word in the way the events run. I fixed it and uploaded the new file; that shouldn't happen anymore. Thanks for telling me!
kelsaki wrote:Ok, just give me a minute here...

IT'S A DEMO!!!!

Awesome! Congratulations akemicchi!!! I totally have not been stalking your wordpress in hopes of the upload ;) I can't wait to play through the demo. I'll give you all the critique I possibly can afterwards but honestly, I'm just excited!
Aaaaa, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it!! Yeah, I saw you when you followed. I was like, 'How did you find my blog, I never announced it anywhere how did...??' XD
SweetChiel wrote:of course there's nothing wrong with it xD I just wanted to confirm it!
just- Wow! There are so many choices and endings here! They literally combined otome and yaoi into one game and I was like 'Dang, they worked so hard for this.'
I really respect them for this :D
sdlkfjsdk the gender thing are really just for aesthetic purposes. ;v; There's practically no difference between the male version and the female version except for the CGs and on Yue's route and a little bit of Faeran's. B-But thank you aaaah

Thanks for all the comments, guys. o|-< It really motivates me to keep on working on my game, and faster, too.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#124 Post by Rinima »

akemicchi wrote:
Rinima wrote:I've fallen in love with Sho </3

AND NOOOOOO! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THE END OF THE DEMO THERE ;~;

I really really wanted to go to the festival with Sho ;~;
Wow, Sho's really popular. :'D I didn't expect that. I guess it's because he has more completed scenes than the others, haha.

MUAHAHAHAHA
akemicchi wrote:MUAHAHAHAHA
akemicchi wrote:MUAHAHAHAHA
You evil person you ;~;
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Aruise
Regular
Projects: Endless Corridor

#125 Post by Aruise »

HGSAJDGA A DEMO AWW YEAAH!! *//w//*

I've downloaded and playing it now... and and and... Sho is just too adorable *insert fangirl's scream here* ;;//w//;;
Anyway gonna finish it later~ so far i love the story, so interesting-- oh and Aleo sooo funny, GOOD JOB! :D
Current Project

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#126 Post by Akitsuki »

AAAAAAH how can I miss this thread?!! Seeing how the art looks so nice and somehow the battlefield background reminds me of Fire Emblem: The Awakening (AND THE BLUE HAIR!!!), I downloaded the demo right away and I've finished playing it!

Like the others, I also went for Sho and I can't believe he TROLLED me just after I asked him to go to the festival together! Meanie! But I'm also interested in Reziel too LOL he's so funny. Maybe you should also add some stories about Aleo and Reziel when they hadn't joined the camp xD Anyway, I really, really, REALLY, like your art!! It's so beautiful even if you haven't colored it! Now I really can't wait for the finished version! At least the colored one.

Also I was thinking to ask where the battles are in the game because I didn't spot any but probably you're still working on it.
Wait, because I'm not reading the posts before this, can I ask; are you working alone? o__o
Well! Whatever the answer is, I wish you good job on finishing the demo, and good luck for the rest of the work! ;D

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#127 Post by Mad Harlequin »

akemicchi wrote:DISCUSSION
  1. How was the pacing of the gameplay and writing? Was it too fast? Too slow? Did you feel it was a hindrance in some way, either in speed, or amount of clicks, or...?
  2. How were the characters? Were they interesting? Likeable? Annoying? Tell me how you feel about them.
  3. Who's your favorite character? ;)
  4. What are you expecting-- plot-wise, character-wise, gameplay-wise-- based on the alpha?
  5. Any questions about the game? Feedback? Critique? Type away!
Oh, my goodness! I've been waiting for this demo to arrive and it's finally here!

1. For now, it seems to me like the pacing on both fronts is just right. When I played through the demo, I absorbed enough information to understand the setting and characters, but not so much that I felt I was being subjected to an infodump.

2. Each of the characters has a pretty distinct personality at first glance, and that's great, so keep it up! I found myself liking everybody. :)

3. I think my two favorites at the moment are Sitri and Reziel. Sitri's just . . . I don't know. There's something about her that makes me like her, but I can't put my finger on it. I think I might be jealous of her ability to detach from everything. And Reziel is friggin' adorable. I know I'm going to love teasing him!

4. I'm expecting Sitri to have some kind of emotional breakdown. She's definitely hiding something with her devil-may-care attitude.

5. Nothing specific comes to mind yet, but if anything worries me, it's that there are so many characters for you to juggle as a writer. I fear at least one might suffer from weaker development. Oh, and I spotted some minor issues with wording/sentence construction (an example from the first page: "But if you are offering me to taint you, how can I resist?"). It sounds like you're going for "But if you're offering yourself to me, how can I resist?"
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#128 Post by Cafechan »

Female swordsman. SAY NO MORE. Downloading that demo like a hot cake. Will be back with feedback once I've had a chance to play it all through, but it already looks extremely promising!!!!

MadlyHazel

#129 Post by MadlyHazel »

Oh wow oh wOW. I'm really loving this game. I've been playing around with different choices and routes in the demo a bit, and I really do enjoy it. It's extremely fun! Do you actually plan to implement a battle system? It'd make it a bit more like an RPG that way, and I'm not sure if you're planning to make it one or go more along the general line of an otome. Either way, it's coming along great, even if all the sprites and backgrounds aren't done!

For the characters... I really love them all! Of course, my favorites are Ali'sakir and Faeran. Perhaps I just like opposites! But, really, they're great. Ali'sakir can be pretty silly and also creepy, but I'm extremely interested in his story. And Faeren is just a cutie. A bear cutie. Something like that.

Really, I hope we can look more into the different stories of the characters, and maybe a little more into Aleo's story! Such as where Reziel actually found them, since they really have no recollection of a family other than Gramps himself. This game seems like it could really be a lot, and I'm so excited to see how it'll come out!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#130 Post by sasquatchii »

Just came here to rant and rave about how awesome this is! I'm only a couple of minutes in, but I'm really enjoying myself a lot.

My favorite so far's Faeran, but I still need to meet Ali'sakir!

I'm so excited to see the whole thing when it's finished. Really looking forward to the art & character designs!
ImageImage

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#131 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Be careful around Ali'sakir . . . he might steal your soul while you're distracted. :lol:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#132 Post by Chasing Summer »

akemicchi wrote: Ahahaha, I'm really glad you gave Sho a chance and ended up liking him! Hopefully the other characters will surprise you, too. Every single one of them is actually a huge dork in some way or another. Just give them time, haha.

Oh, some sentences sound weird? You don't have to let me know which ones they are, but if you have time, it'd be a tremendous help! I've only edited it once, though; I might be able to find out which ones they are on the second or third pass. :) Still, thanks for bringing it up!

As for the font... I'll try to find one that'll fit! ovo

I wouldn’t mind going through it again, but it will have to wait until I have the time (and energy, haha). Then again, it might just have been me misreading stuff.

I think I’m going to love all of them. I played Faeran today, and though Sho remains my favorite for now, he’s also super adorable.
I’d definitely have made him marry me after stealing that kiss. >8)
I don’t know if anyone else mentioned it already, but when I was going to give a gift to Faeran, there were no options even though I had bought some items? I had to press the "back" button before it worked. Is that bug? I can take a screenshot of it if you’d like.

Well, it’s only my personal opinion, so don’t worry about it.

LliiraAnna
Regular

#133 Post by LliiraAnna »

The scene where Aleo meets Ali'sakir made me laugh sooo much. He and Sho are my favourite characters, for now (and I love their sprites).
The art looks really promising. CGs and sprites are pretty even though they are unfinished XD
Will post more once I finish the demo. Thank you for all your hard work =^^=

marshmello

#134 Post by marshmello »

so far I like it quite a bit, and my favourite character is def Faeran haha
except I couldn't talk to him/train with him after breaking his medical equipment orz
I originally played it and it ran fine, so then I deleted it, but realized I forgot to try a couple other characters.
After I redownloaded the demo and opened it, it wouldn't let me make new saves and things got pretty buggy from there, slightly laggy as well
not sure what happened there? but I could still play just fine if I started from the beginning

good luck on your work!

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#135 Post by akemicchi »

Hey everyone, I have a pretty important question I want to ask:
  1. How were the introduction scenes? Did it feel like there was too much exposition-- like I was throwing too much backstory/mechanics at you guys all at once? I made it optional so you don't actually have to learn about it if you don't want to, and I wanted it out of the way as soon as possible. Did it still feel like too much exposition at once? I'm thinking of removing some of the events, like talking about politics with Sitri and the numerous explanations of Ali'sakir's services, and just making it appear as a required event at a later date. Like, introduce all the world building stuff more slowly.
  2. Did everything also feel rushed to you? Like, too many events were happening? I'm actually afraid that I might actually have too many events for a year-long period, ahaha. o|-<
Thanks, guys! :)
Aruise wrote:HGSAJDGA A DEMO AWW YEAAH!! *//w//*

I've downloaded and playing it now... and and and... Sho is just too adorable *insert fangirl's scream here* ;;//w//;;
Anyway gonna finish it later~ so far i love the story, so interesting-- oh and Aleo sooo funny, GOOD JOB! :D
Hahaha, I seriously never imagined Sho would be so liked by so many people. Or considered 'adorable' even though Aleo has the option to call him that multiple times, oops. He's supposed to be fearsome, and aggressive, and intimidating, and... I'm afraid he's just turned into one of those cute little dogs that bark a lot? Hahaha.

Whoa, I'm really glad to hear the main character is funny! I always worry that she isn't likable (unless you mean to say she's unlikable but funny anyway ahaha OTL ). I believe an interesting protagonist will make an interesting story.
Akitsuki wrote:AAAAAAH how can I miss this thread?!! Seeing how the art looks so nice and somehow the battlefield background reminds me of Fire Emblem: The Awakening (AND THE BLUE HAIR!!!), I downloaded the demo right away and I've finished playing it!

Like the others, I also went for Sho and I can't believe he TROLLED me just after I asked him to go to the festival together! Meanie! But I'm also interested in Reziel too LOL he's so funny. Maybe you should also add some stories about Aleo and Reziel when they hadn't joined the camp xD Anyway, I really, really, REALLY, like your art!! It's so beautiful even if you haven't colored it! Now I really can't wait for the finished version! At least the colored one.
Fire Emblem! I'm a huge fan of the series-- no doubt I've got some influences of it in my game. :'D Thanks for playing! I hope you enjoyed it!

Haha. Reziel's route will have a few tidbits on their life before joining the Army. There won't be any flashbacks, though. :) And thank you! >v< I'm more confident about my art than my writing, so hopefully things will actually look nice and scenes will actually be completed when the official demo is released, eheh.
Akitsuki wrote:Also I was thinking to ask where the battles are in the game because I didn't spot any but probably you're still working on it.
Wait, because I'm not reading the posts before this, can I ask; are you working alone? o__o
Well! Whatever the answer is, I wish you good job on finishing the demo, and good luck for the rest of the work! ;D
The battles will be about every few months-- with a total of just 4-5 battles throughout the whole year. Winning, losing, or participating in the battles won't change the endings that you get (they're all optional), but you do get some rare items you can later give as presents to the characters for an extra scene. But yeah, I haven't even started on that, yet. o|-< I've got a clear idea of how it'll work; just getting started on it is really difficult since I don't know where to begin.

And, yes, I'm working alone. ^q^ My brother might help me on the battle system, though, since he has some experience with making games with Pygame. Thanks for the wishes!
Mad Harlequin wrote:Oh, my goodness! I've been waiting for this demo to arrive and it's finally here!

1. For now, it seems to me like the pacing on both fronts is just right. When I played through the demo, I absorbed enough information to understand the setting and characters, but not so much that I felt I was being subjected to an infodump.
Hello, there! :D Thank you so much for trying out my game!!

That's a relief to hear!! I might reduce the amount of information in the beginning available, though. Some of it isn't necessary and could probably be postponed to a later point time in the game.
Mad Harlequin wrote:2. Each of the characters has a pretty distinct personality at first glance, and that's great, so keep it up! I found myself liking everybody. :)

3. I think my two favorites at the moment are Sitri and Reziel. Sitri's just . . . I don't know. There's something about her that makes me like her, but I can't put my finger on it. I think I might be jealous of her ability to detach from everything. And Reziel is friggin' adorable. I know I'm going to love teasing him!

4. I'm expecting Sitri to have some kind of emotional breakdown. She's definitely hiding something with her devil-may-care attitude.
I'm so glad they're all likable to you. o|-< I'm also ecstatic that you like Sitri, and Reziel, too. I love all my babies, haha. Just don't tease Reziel too much; he's already proven he won't hold back on sticking his fingers up your nose. As for Sitri... well... >v>
Mad Harlequin wrote:5. Nothing specific comes to mind yet, but if anything worries me, it's that there are so many characters for you to juggle as a writer. I fear at least one might suffer from weaker development. Oh, and I spotted some minor issues with wording/sentence construction (an example from the first page: "But if you are offering me to taint you, how can I resist?"). It sounds like you're going for "But if you're offering yourself to me, how can I resist?"
That's a legitimate concern, and I personally don't think I'll be able to avoid something like that. o|-< I genuinely love all my characters and care about their development as a character, but someone is bound to have less development than another character. I just have to make sure that discrepancy is as minimal as possible. :)

Actually, Ali'sakir's talking about the corruption of a person in the sense of 'dirtying' also. x_x If it changes to the saying, "But if you're offering yourself to me, how can I resist?" it misses the duality of 'tainting' someone. It makes better sense in context, ahaha! ;;; But I see what you mean! It does sound awkward and clunky and not natural. orz I don't have any proofreaders except for the people that play the demos, so I have to rely on people speaking up when they find some weirdly constructed sentences. :'D I'll be sure to go over my writing as carefully as I can to avoid that, but I've always been a pretty poor writer, especially when it comes to dialogue... "orz
Cafechan wrote:Female swordsman. SAY NO MORE. Downloading that demo like a hot cake. Will be back with feedback once I've had a chance to play it all through, but it already looks extremely promising!!!!
Ack! Y-You're probably going to be really disappointed; Rima as a character is a pretty servile woman for someone known as a 'female swordsman'. :'D Still, I'd be super interested in seeing your feedback on your expectations and the actual product. I hope you like it, anyway! ;v;
MadlyHazel wrote:Oh wow oh wOW. I'm really loving this game. I've been playing around with different choices and routes in the demo a bit, and I really do enjoy it. It's extremely fun! Do you actually plan to implement a battle system? It'd make it a bit more like an RPG that way, and I'm not sure if you're planning to make it one or go more along the general line of an otome. Either way, it's coming along great, even if all the sprites and backgrounds aren't done!
Thanks for playing! I'm really glad to hear you liked it so much!

There will only be about 4 battles throughout the game, so they're more like minigames in otome games. They're also completely optional, so a player can completely skip going into battle if they don't want to play through it. :) There'll be rewards, however, like items you can only get by participating in battles, but other than that, it doesn't impact endings that you get. They're just embellishments-- the gameplay is more along the lines of a dating sim than anything.
MadlyHazel wrote:For the characters... I really love them all! Of course, my favorites are Ali'sakir and Faeran. Perhaps I just like opposites! But, really, they're great. Ali'sakir can be pretty silly and also creepy, but I'm extremely interested in his story. And Faeren is just a cutie. A bear cutie. Something like that.

Really, I hope we can look more into the different stories of the characters, and maybe a little more into Aleo's story! Such as where Reziel actually found them, since they really have no recollection of a family other than Gramps himself. This game seems like it could really be a lot, and I'm so excited to see how it'll come out!
Yay, I'm so glad they're your favorites. 8D I'll definitely be doing a lot of character revealing, since Part I is focused on the characters while Part II is more centered around the plot (and the growth of the characters). Thanks so much! :D
sasquatchii wrote:Just came here to rant and rave about how awesome this is! I'm only a couple of minutes in, but I'm really enjoying myself a lot.

My favorite so far's Faeran, but I still need to meet Ali'sakir!

I'm so excited to see the whole thing when it's finished. Really looking forward to the art & character designs!
Your comment made me so happy I got a stomachache. ;___; I'm really happy that you like the game so far. Thanks for playing! Hopefully the demo will continue to be just as good!
Chasing Summer wrote:I wouldn’t mind going through it again, but it will have to wait until I have the time (and energy, haha). Then again, it might just have been me misreading stuff.
--!! It's totally fine, really! :) It's all pretty rough-- I only went over it once in terms of editing. I'll be sure to look over the script myself many more times before releasing the demo.
Chasing Summer wrote:I think I’m going to love all of them. I played Faeran today, and though Sho remains my favorite for now, he’s also super adorable.
I’d definitely have made him marry me after stealing that kiss. >8)
Ahahaha, poor Faeran!
Chasing Summer wrote:I don’t know if anyone else mentioned it already, but when I was going to give a gift to Faeran, there were no options even though I had bought some items? I had to press the "back" button before it worked. Is that bug? I can take a screenshot of it if you’d like.

Well, it’s only my personal opinion, so don’t worry about it.
That... is not supposed to happen at all. Do you mean the option 'Give Present' doesn't appear? Because that's supposed to work for everyone except Sitri or Rima (I don't have dialogue for them :P). I'll look into that anyway. Or do you mean the inventory isn't showing the items you've purchased until you press 'Back' enough times? If it's the inventory, it's a problem! I'll make it so that it jumps straight to the first page so it doesn't look like there's nothing in the inventory. :) Thanks again!
LliiraAnna wrote:The scene where Aleo meets Ali'sakir made me laugh sooo much. He and Sho are my favourite characters, for now (and I love their sprites).
The art looks really promising. CGs and sprites are pretty even though they are unfinished XD
Will post more once I finish the demo. Thank you for all your hard work =^^=
Bwaahh, thank you! I'm so happy you like those two! :'D I hope you continue to enjoy the demo! Thanks for playing!!
marshmello wrote:so far I like it quite a bit, and my favourite character is def Faeran haha
except I couldn't talk to him/train with him after breaking his medical equipment orz
I originally played it and it ran fine, so then I deleted it, but realized I forgot to try a couple other characters.
After I redownloaded the demo and opened it, it wouldn't let me make new saves and things got pretty buggy from there, slightly laggy as well
not sure what happened there? but I could still play just fine if I started from the beginning

good luck on your work!
Ahaha, he's actually avoiding you for a few days. I'll have the main character note that for some reason she doesn't see him anywhere so there's some hint that you're supposed to wait. :'D Thanks!
Whoa, really?! D: Which link did you use to download? I tried them, and the game and the saves worked fine for me. You loaded a previous save into a newly downloaded game, right? Let me try it out and see if that's just a problem from having a previous version loaded into an edited script.