Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]ALPHA(July 8)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Magicians of Delphine[GxB][BxB][Dating Sim]-- DEMO (July

#151 Post by try10 »

*drolls* That's some eye candy. Such beautiful men... :oops:

chaos

#152 Post by chaos »

akemicchi wrote:Ahh, thank you so much! You don't know how happy I am to hear all that. o|-< I'm feeling a little more confident about my project, eheh. And no no no! I definitely do want things like typos pointed out! :) Thank you so much for taking the time!

I have a huge problem with doubling words for some reason. I've had, like, ten instances of 'the the', four instances of 'while while', and now two instances of 'get get'. :'D I can only imagine what other words I've doubled. ;;; Anyway, I've fixed the Aleo/Faeran line! Thank you so much for pointing it out! As for the line with Tiberus and Aleo, Aleo was supposed to be tapering off there, but it definitely looks like a misspelling, huh? Would it be better to have ''Wo'...?' in the game? Though I guess I could just go ahead and have Aleo just say the whole thing; it's not really important to have Aleo tapering off at that point.

Thanks again!! :)
(this is vynuxys on a new account!) no problem!! i played through a few more times, and i'm still loving it! actually i thought yue would be the character i'd like least, but i finally gave him a try and nope, he turned out awesome LOL. when he asked if my aleo liked boys, i was laughing so hard - his expressions and excuses are perfect! uh oh, he may just be my favourite.

and allow me to take this opportunity to really compliment you on your ability to create good characters. i do mean it when i say i like all of them, and not only do i like them, but i am curious about them and want to learn more. that's difficult, that takes skill - so yeah, real big kudos to you on that c:

oh dear in that case i'll put on my grammar goggles and be sure to be on the lookout in the future! if by any chance i find more typos, i'll let you know! :)
and i see! yes, i think it'd be better to cut it off a little early? like "Wo" or even "Wom", however that was still my bad haha and i apologise for pointing it out!

also loving these updates wow ;o; so far i'm interested in princess lulu and yssid the most. but appearance wise my favourite is king deidric, for sure :D i also like how you add the chibis, they really help to add more character to them than just having their sprites!

i can't wait for more! :)

kelsaki
Regular
Projects: Maiden Iron

#153 Post by kelsaki »

Hey! I've only played through once right now (with a focus on Sho), but would you like to see few things I've found so far? Or would you rather wait for all of it at once (muhaha) :) Why did you make so many pretty men! I mean, I knew they were pretty and all but I was having a hard time just trying to stick with one XD This is a very good problem to have though!

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#154 Post by akemicchi »

Ran08 wrote:Oh my gosh! I remember this game. I checked it out last December. Hahaha. Yep, I definitely see my comment on the page. Haha, awesome! And oh myyyy, there's a demo now?! Yay! Hahahaha.

I'm gonna download the demo and give you my thoughts when I'm done playing! Hahaha, so excited to play this. :3
Hey there, Ran08! :) It's just an alpha version so everything looks horrible but I hope you like it anyway!!
Akitsuki wrote:MORE CHARACTERS!! Oh my god, you don't know how eager I am to play the second demo!
Don't worry, more characters only makes me feel more curious about how the game would be when it's finished. And I know, making stories and the arts when many characters are involved is not easy. I hope you keep on your spirit to complete the demo, and the game too! Good luck!!
Ahhhh, thank you so much, Akitsuki! I really appreciate your encouragement! And it's no problem; I'll definitely finish! I'll just... probably be a bit of a turtle about it...
Hazel-Bun wrote:...All those new hot men. *faints* I know my hearts not in the right place oh good God ;o; I really liked the demo! Especially the opening bit with the history, because I love world building. Keep up the amazing work!
Eheheh. I'm super glad you liked the demo!! :) Thanks for playing!
try10 wrote:*drolls* That's some eye candy. Such beautiful men... :oops:
Avarae is a world to many beautiful men and women! JK, I just suffer from same face syndrome o|-<
chaos wrote:(this is vynuxys on a new account!) no problem!! i played through a few more times, and i'm still loving it! actually i thought yue would be the character i'd like least, but i finally gave him a try and nope, he turned out awesome LOL. when he asked if my aleo liked boys, i was laughing so hard - his expressions and excuses are perfect! uh oh, he may just be my favourite.
*silent scream* That scene wasn't supposed to be seen by anyone LOL noooooo
B-BUT I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE HIM SO MUCH. :'D And that he made you laugh! To be honest, Yue's my favorite but no one really cares much for him, hahaha. Thanks for playing so many times and trying out the other characters!! ovo
chaos wrote:and allow me to take this opportunity to really compliment you on your ability to create good characters. i do mean it when i say i like all of them, and not only do i like them, but i am curious about them and want to learn more. that's difficult, that takes skill - so yeah, real big kudos to you on that c:
--!!
Thank you so much for such kind words. o|-< I really appreciate it. I just love all my characters and find them all honestly entertaining and interesting. All I hope for is that I manage to show them off in such a way that other people will find at least one character that's as interesting as I find them! :)
chaos wrote:oh dear in that case i'll put on my grammar goggles and be sure to be on the lookout in the future! if by any chance i find more typos, i'll let you know! :)
and i see! yes, i think it'd be better to cut it off a little early? like "Wo" or even "Wom", however that was still my bad haha and i apologise for pointing it out!

also loving these updates wow ;o; so far i'm interested in princess lulu and yssid the most. but appearance wise my favourite is king deidric, for sure :D i also like how you add the chibis, they really help to add more character to them than just having their sprites!

i can't wait for more! :)
No no no, no need to apologize! I didn't make it clear enough. :) I'll fix that up, no problem! Thanks again for pointing things out!

They both play some pretty key parts (Princess Lulu and Yssid) so hopefully you'll like them when I introduce them in Part II. That won't be for a long while, though; I only have 20k worth of writing for all 9 routes. o|-<

Thanks again! :D Also, just curious, but why did you get a new account? Haha.
kelsaki wrote:Hey! I've only played through once right now (with a focus on Sho), but would you like to see few things I've found so far? Or would you rather wait for all of it at once (muhaha) :) Why did you make so many pretty men! I mean, I knew they were pretty and all but I was having a hard time just trying to stick with one XD This is a very good problem to have though!
Wow! Thanks for playing!! Either is fine, really! Whichever is convenient for you. *v* Let me know about all the problems or inconsistencies you find and I'll get to work on figuring out how to fix them. ovob L-LOL aaaaaahh I'm sorry but not really, hahahaha

Updates:
In terms of game progress, I'm not working on any of the soldier sprites like I said I would, eheh. >v>; I am, however, working on backgrounds. I've never actually tried my hand at backgrounds so I didn't realize I could draw them, to be honest.
General's Tent WIP. Still have to clean this up a little more like on the bookcase and the shadows of the partition pfft

I have three I'm working on right now: the General's Tent, the Dirty Alleyway (which is currently immaculate pfft), and the Soldier's Tents 1. I want to be lazy and just keep them as they are now, but I figure I should try my hardest to get them to look really good. If anyone has any secrets to background painting, please let me know! In particularly, perspectives and proportion are the hardest for me. o|-<
Last edited by akemicchi on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#155 Post by Rinima »

akemicchi wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:MORE CHARACTERS!! Oh my god, you don't know how eager I am to play the second demo!
Don't worry, more characters only makes me feel more curious about how the game would be when it's finished. And I know, making stories and the arts when many characters are involved is not easy. I hope you keep on your spirit to complete the demo, and the game too! Good luck!!
Ahhhh, thank you so much, Rinima! I really appreciate your encouragement! And it's no problem; I'll definitely finish! I'll just... probably be a bit of a turtle about it...
*cough* It wasn't me that posted that XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets

#156 Post by akemicchi »

OMG that's so embarrassing, haha ;;;
aaaaaaa don't quote me everyone will know lmao Have mercy on me, Rinima!

Sorry about that! :'D I'm not sure what happened there!

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#157 Post by Fungii »

Everyones backgrounds are so beautiful omg

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by try10 »

The background looks great! :D Keep up the good work! :)

kelsaki
Regular
Projects: Maiden Iron

#159 Post by kelsaki »

@akemicchi

Eeeeee! Pretty background :D Your hard work is showing!

Well since you are giving me free-rein ;D

What I mostly found were spelling errors. Not sure if I'm being nit-picky or not so take what you think needs changing :) I took screen shots because I am lazy in trying to describe where things are _._

This one might just be me but the use of two "stills" so close together threw me off.
awkward-double-stills.png
This screen either came up twice (right after the other) or the game went back on me lol.
Double-Screen.png
The phrase "where I'm supposed to" is repeated.
double-supposed-to-phrases.png
There needs to be a "to" before "secure".
Needs-a-'to secure'.png
The word "that" is repeated.
that-that.png
The word "while" is repeated.
while-while-spelling.png

I... hope I wasn't to brutal on you DX If I was, just throw something at me as punishment lol. Haha! No need to be sorry for making a game with so many pretty men. :)

chaos

#160 Post by chaos »

uh oh, i've got some minor errors spotted again, too. i've no idea if someone mentioned these already and if so, do forgive.

when sho is
bandaging aleo, right towards the end of the scene he is pushing them out of the tent and he says: "Yes yes, g." i presume it's meant to be "go".
speaking to rima constantly triggers her "is that a dragon" conversation. it only stopped after her first event (where she helps with the weather).

for sho again, when he asks you why you spend time with him, if the answer "you're strong" is picked, afterwards sho's sprite doesn't disappear.

while practising with yue, when aleo takes a break and the general shows up - again, at the end of this event the general's sprite doesn't disappear.

i've also noticed sometimes when you need to pick someone for the festival, sitri appears twice in the menu. this happened to me in the general's route and in yue's route (only once). idk if that has to do with me interacting with her or whether that's a route-thing.

that's that! hope you don't mind ;-;
akemicchi wrote: *silent scream* That scene wasn't supposed to be seen by anyone LOL noooooo
B-BUT I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE HIM SO MUCH. :'D And that he made you laugh! To be honest, Yue's my favorite but no one really cares much for him, hahaha. Thanks for playing so many times and trying out the other characters!! ovo
oh LOL oops, i'm a dude so i tend to play as a guy regardless of whether it's bxg or bxb, sorry!! i think it was cute though ^_^
awh, give it some time, i'm sure they'll come around haha :D
akemicchi wrote:--!!
Thank you so much for such kind words. o|-< I really appreciate it. I just love all my characters and find them all honestly entertaining and interesting. All I hope for is that I manage to show them off in such a way that other people will find at least one character that's as interesting as I find them! :)

No no no, no need to apologize! I didn't make it clear enough. :) I'll fix that up, no problem! Thanks again for pointing things out!
you're welcome! c: and i'm glad you don't mind haha ;o;
akemicchi wrote:They both play some pretty key parts (Princess Lulu and Yssid) so hopefully you'll like them when I introduce them in Part II. That won't be for a long while, though; I only have 20k worth of writing for all 9 routes. o|-<

Thanks again! :D Also, just curious, but why did you get a new account? Haha.
oh yay! now you've got me all curious again, hn hn *v* and take your time with the writing, enjoy the process! :D

no problem! and it's mainly because my old username is an alias i've stopped being associated with, and since i couldn't find a way to change it, i created a new account haha. if i get any games out anytime soon, i'd rather it be "by chaos" than the other one c:
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

Maegalkarven
Regular

#161 Post by Maegalkarven »

OMG, This game is awesome! I like it a lot!
I played male Aleo, couse i like boys and boysXboys more than girls and girlsXboys, and male Aleo is very nice, it was fun to play him. C:

About questions...

1.Oh, it was fine, really. Not too fast, not too slow, it was somethere in the middle, exactly there it should be.
2. They are so cool, all of them! First i feel something like anger about Sho, like"That the hell he is thinking about himself?!" but then i knew him better and just fall in love with him! Master Reziel looks cool from the begining. General Tiberus is very interesting and intriguing. Both Rima and Sitry are nice and sweet!*v* Faeran is truly big brother, so kind and protecting! And Yue and Ali'sakir are just so~o fun, they are adorable! Well, it seems i like them all.
3. Sho. Or Reziel. I love them both!*v* I also like General Tiberus a lot. I can't choose the only one! ;o;
4. I'm expecting something very good! Characters are cool, art, even without many CGs, is awesome and hole storyline is interesting.
5. I just want to wish you the best! And i'm very exited to see full game!*v*

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#162 Post by Akitsuki »

akemicchi wrote:OMG that's so embarrassing, haha ;;;

LOL don't worry, I'll pretend I didn't see it. Was confused for a second there though

Anyways, I really like the backgrounds! Drawing every tent's interior might take times, but I'm sure you'll do good!
Keep up the spirit~ We're all supporting and waiting!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#163 Post by Rinima »

Akitsuki wrote:
akemicchi wrote:OMG that's so embarrassing, haha ;;;

LOL don't worry, I'll pretend I didn't see it.
*insulted* What's wrong with being mistaken for me?
(btw I'm joking)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

akemicchi
Veteran

#164 Post by akemicchi »

@ Fungii and try10
Thank you very much! :')

@ kelsaki
W... Why are there so many doubles... They're everywhere.
I've fixed all of them but I don't know what's causing that double-screen Sitri one. It's just a normal line in my game. I think the game just went backwards on you for some reason, haha.

Thank you very much! I'm more embarrassed than anything since I should have spotted those mistakes but... at least someone caught them! :'D Thank you!
chaos wrote:[..] that's that! hope you don't mind ;-;
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to work on those when I edit the writing! ovo I don't mind; I really appreciate it, actually! :)
chaos wrote:no problem! and it's mainly because my old username is an alias i've stopped being associated with, and since i couldn't find a way to change it, i created a new account haha. if i get any games out anytime soon, i'd rather it be "by chaos" than the other one c:
Ahh, I see, I see! :D I'd like to change my own username but I've had this account for so long I don't want to leave it, haha. Awesome though. Any games you have planned yet? ;)
Maegalkarven wrote:OMG, This game is awesome! I like it a lot!
I played male Aleo, couse i like boys and boysXboys more than girls and girlsXboys, and male Aleo is very nice, it was fun to play him. C:

About questions...

1.Oh, it was fine, really. Not too fast, not too slow, it was somethere in the middle, exactly there it should be.
2. They are so cool, all of them! First i feel something like anger about Sho, like"That the hell he is thinking about himself?!" but then i knew him better and just fall in love with him! Master Reziel looks cool from the begining. General Tiberus is very interesting and intriguing. Both Rima and Sitry are nice and sweet!*v* Faeran is truly big brother, so kind and protecting! And Yue and Ali'sakir are just so~o fun, they are adorable! Well, it seems i like them all.
3. Sho. Or Reziel. I love them both!*v* I also like General Tiberus a lot. I can't choose the only one! ;o;
4. I'm expecting something very good! Characters are cool, art, even without many CGs, is awesome and hole storyline is interesting.
5. I just want to wish you the best! And i'm very exited to see full game!*v*
Ahhhh, thank you so much. You don't know how happy I am to hear all this. :'D
2. LMAO AWWW well, Sho is kind of a grumpy cat, but I'm glad you ended up liking him later. And hearing that Reziel is cool: hahahaha omg, he's such a spaz though (and a jerk, to boot!). I'm so glad you like them all though! :'D Thank you very much for the wishes; I'll do my best!
Akitsuki wrote:LOL don't worry, I'll pretend I didn't see it. Was confused for a second there though

Anyways, I really like the backgrounds! Drawing every tent's interior might take times, but I'm sure you'll do good!
Keep up the spirit~ We're all supporting and waiting!
o|-<

Thank you so much! :'D

Update
Instead of working on sprites like I said I would, I ended up with three unfinished backgrounds. I sketched out one soldier, though. I'm losing my will to draw, but I did finally become interested enough with programming to start on my Battle System.

All I have now are:
* Character Selection screen
* Unit Type Selection screen (with rudimentary animation transitions yeahhh)
screenshot0041.png
* Grid Map (24x12)
* Unit Positioning and Rudimentary Movement
* Random Enemy Generator (still have to check if the stats generated are appropriate, but they are sorted according to stats)
* Speed and Turn Calculation

I still need to integrate all the systems. The units can move, but they can't move on their own turn. I can only have one unit on the map right now, too, so figuring out how to put multiple units on the screen is important. You know, basic stuff. Things also take like, half a second to move and appear. I'm using a frankenstein of Python and Ren'Py screens to code which is probably causing things to lag. Then again, I have like, 288 buttons appearing all at once. Hmm...

Anyway, the Battle System so far is a Grid-Based system like Fire Emblem. I'm thinking of having the units appear in shapes like 3x2 rectangles for large units, as opposed to single unit characters. Players move around large units on the map, arrange themselves in advantageous positions, but ultimately let the game play itself out since players will only have one of three choices: Attack, Defend, or Special moves. Nothing special.

I'm hoping to break up the tedium of the Battle System with random character events, though, but I don't know how much the player would appreciate having the RPG elements being disturbed with VN elements, haha. Maybe if they were used sparingly like, like twice within a battle or something... I don't know. How do you feel about characters having random conversations/scenes during a battle? In Fire Emblem-- especially the earlier ones-- the Support Conversations on the field were rewards for the player. How many scenes would be too many, in your opinion?

LliiraAnna
Regular

#165 Post by LliiraAnna »

"Sho. Fire magician. Speciality: insta-kills everything that is not quick enough to get the hell outta here."
...sorry, I just had to say that.

Random dialogue during battles? I like the idea, but, well, that depends on the circumstances (I mean, for example, joking would likely be out of place if something dramatic is going on)... and if there will be a lot of fighting, then probably not every fight should trigger random dialogue? Probably some kind of short pre-battle conversation (-"Don't get hurt. I'm not going to drag your sorry ass back to the camp". -"Same to you!") would fit better? Also, I think one talk per encounter would be enough. And you could add special dialogue that will trigger if someone gets seriously injured or something... I dunno, though. You're the creator, so you're the one who knows what's best for the game. ^^