The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Demo up]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Screenies

#46 Post by SilverxBlue »

gekiganwing wrote:Today, I found out that there is a Kickstarter for Guardian's Spell. I would like to link to it... but there is no demo. And unfortunately, one of the forum rules is "Do not link to crowdfunding campaigns (including kickstarter or indiegogo campaigns) for visual novels or games unless those campaigns include a link to a nontrivial playable demo."

Ah, yes. There is, but we haven't been making announcements/posts here yet because we're still finalising the demo. ^^ It's very close to completion though. Sorry about that.
Green Glasses Girl wrote:Oh, I never answered the questionaire!

1) I'd go after Cato. I always go for the megane characters first, fufufu. Then Aki!

2) Fifteen endings sounds like a lot (I'm usually overwhelmed by five), but if you're able to pull it off, go for it!

3) The best friend seems fun! A friendly rival sounds like a good character.

4) Yes, I look forward to playing this game and finding out more about the characters.

5) Is there a difference between summer and winter school uniforms in the game? I'm wondering because the MC has long sleeves while her best friend wears short sleeves.
For the uniform, well, their school allows them to modify it as they please... or not even wear it properly. Their school is pretty lenient when it comes to rules and stuff and only a few students take it ever so seriously... like Cato, Aiko and Haru. The two bad boys don't follow it completely and even Koneko won't follow anything. ^^

And thanks so much for the feedback again, guys~!
Sakura Hughes wrote:Will you be having Voice Acting in this game?
I am still unsure, but it's leaning towards a yes though. do_o
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Screenies

#47 Post by SilverxBlue »

Please don't kill me for the double post!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys that a demo is up~! Just editing the first page accordingly, but then it wouldn't hurt to post it here either.

You may download it from here!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Fanie
Projects: Snowflake

Re: The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Demo up]

#48 Post by Fanie »

I've just finished playing the demo, I really like it, your work is awesome - I love literally everything about it - the story is really interesting, the art is fantastic, and I'm looking forward to get to know the characters better. ^o^ I'm gonna answer some questions now.

1.) Who's your favourite character so far and you'd most likely pursue first?

My favourite characters so far are Aiko and Koneko. Aiko is just so cheerfull, lively, friendly - I love her. She reminds me of my own best friend. While Koneko is just so cute, so adorable looking~ ^3^
I'd like to pursue Ryouta first. Koneko is my favourite of the pursuable characters, but... not that kind of favourite. I just find him so adorable, like a cute little brother. My favourite as a possible love interest definitely is Ryouta. He's just a nice guy who's a little misunderstood by his fans.
I can see why Aiko is in love with him. ^.^
I can't wait to get to know him better. ;D

2.) Are you okay with fifteen endings? Will you be trying to see them all?

Am I okay? I'll be perfectly fine, and really happy! I'll definitely try to get at least 10 of them!

3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.

Like I mentioned before, I'm in love with her 'cause she reminds me so much of my BFF. Good grades, lively, social butterfly, and not only that, but she's such a cutie too with that childish personality. ^.^ At first I thought "I don't want her to be my rival... ;-;"
When I got to the part where the MC meets Ryouta, I was just like "Ohh, don't be afraid of him, look at him, he's just so handsome. I'll definitely go for him first!" and then we learn that Aiko is in love with him, I was like "Nooooooooooooooo! WHY does it have to be YOU that's in love with HIM!" (cries) ;-;
But I guess that as long as they remain best friends, I'm fine with her being my rival.

4.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o

I think that all of them are really interesting, and I'm curious about Haru's relationship with Aki. Yes, I'm definitely gonna play it when it comes out. I can't sleep out of curiosity what will happen next! *o*

5.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;

Ask a character a question? I guess I'm curious about Aiko. "What's your favourite class, Aiko?" I'd like to ask her that. ^^

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#49 Post by .usa »

Just finished playing the demo, loved it!

Haruka and Koneko, man, Haruka's like so careless about everything and lazy as hell, I can relate to her way too much (not sure if this is a good thing for me though xD). And for pursue Koneko, he appears a little, but God, I'm already in love with him (●´□`)♡!
Just noticed there were fifteen endings -my memory isn't that good, I read it days ago so not my fault at all (?)-, but the more the best so yay, gonna try and see them all (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧.
3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.
It's so cheerful, like really cheerful, and cute ~ Oh, that's a good thing actually, there are some ''best friend'' characters who are just there to cheer the MC up, is good to see she's gonna be a rival too.
SO SHE REALLY LIKES RYOUTA AFTER ALL Σ(゜ロ゜;)
4.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
They're all good and I'm really interested on them, but if I have to left one of them out, it will probably be Aki, I dunno, is my less favourite -but still remains as a favourite (?)-. I will really really really play the game (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜!
5.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
Uhmm... I can't think of anything right now ;-;

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by SilverxBlue »

Thanks for the feedback, you guys. And glad you liked the demo. Now I can tell myself I don't suck completely. //shot And whoa all that love for Koneko! o_O

@Fanie
Ahahaha. You'll see, Aiko and Haru's "rivalry" is while a little bit weird by rivalry standards it's kind of unique. No losing of friendship at all... but there is a bad-end where you end up stopping being friends with her, but it doesn't have to do with the rivalry at all.
Aiko: "Thank you for the question, Fanie! Uhm, my favourite subject? Definitely Physical Education because you get to move around a lot! Also, uhm, I'm interested in health sciences because I get to learn more about the body and I can discover secrets or techniques in keeping fit even if you'll eat a lot! *whispers* Haru says it's not possible, but I will find a way~!!"

@.usa

Ahahaha. I'm very glad you could relate to Haru. ^^ And thanks for your feedback. ^^
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by try10 »

I played the demo and I liked it very much. Somehow I felt like the protagonist was similar to me and that doesn't happen often. I can't wait for the final product.

Good luck! :D

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Cain0425 »

i think you my want to update your kickstarter so you can get some new people to come by your page so you can get the money you need for the game i think you only need about £330 more to go and you only have 9 days left

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by 15385bic »

want to say CONGRATS to reaching your kickstarter goal 8D
I've been stalking it and agonizing over the options but hey - cant wait to see what you guys do

goodluck~
=D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by SilverxBlue »

try10 wrote:I played the demo and I liked it very much. Somehow I felt like the protagonist was similar to me and that doesn't happen often. I can't wait for the final product.

Good luck! :D
Awesome! Glad you liked Haruka and related to her. ^^
Cain0425 wrote:i think you my want to update your kickstarter so you can get some new people to come by your page so you can get the money you need for the game i think you only need about £330 more to go and you only have 9 days left
Thank you for the advice. ^^ But we kind of pushed all kinds of updates on the demo... the showcasing of the art, writing, GUI and music. We were thinking of voices though.
15385bic wrote:want to say CONGRATS to reaching your kickstarter goal 8D
I've been stalking it and agonizing over the options but hey - cant wait to see what you guys do

goodluck~
=D
Uwaaaah! I was just about to make a post on that! Thank you so much for the Congratulations!

And we'd like to thank all the awesome people who has contributed to the KS as well. ;u;
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by SilverxBlue »

Sorry for the double post. orz Posting a screenshot to show off the GUI! ^^ I was going to edit the previous post, but I thought I'd make a new post instead so the update shall be seen... Adding it on the first post immediately~
Attachments
screenshot0019.png
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#56 Post by PyTom »

SilverxBlue wrote:I was going to edit the previous post, but I thought I'd make a new post instead so the update shall be seen...
This is probably the best way to do things, on this forum, and outside of a chat thread. We don't have a rule against double-posting on this forum, although we want both posts to be meaningful, and will delete simple bumps.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#57 Post by Rinima »

Koneko. Oh good god he is adorable!

Certainly! What's the point of getting a game if you don't play it all?

She seems cute~ I kinda like the sound of her (maybe a little more than the MC >.<)

Really really? Yush! Indeed :3 *coughmayhavedonatedonthekickstartercough*

Nope!
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

chronicle-visuals
Regular

#58 Post by chronicle-visuals »

Big bro Cato! I'm a sucker for sweet characters and meganes-- urk! I have no idea why so many people are choosing Koneko, we saw one CG of him and an excerpt of his biography.

Ah, definitely! I'm a huge sucker for multiple endings in visual novels!

I honestly love rivals in games like this, and the friend character honestly seems like a nice, well-rounded character overall.

I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of the MC. She doesn't really have any good (or bad, for that manner) traits, and that kind of peaves me, but I'll still give it a shot. This seems like one of the better games on the market.

Is there anywhere I can keep up to date with the game other than this thread? Is there any way at all that I can help?
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

LucaMadison
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns.
Organization: Ichigo no Kokoro Productions.

#59 Post by LucaMadison »

Oh my god, I love the CGs art! Is totally awesome! And the trailer is wonderful too! I keep an eye on this proyect. ♥
Image Image Image Image Image

Akuni
Regular

#60 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.