The Guardian's Spell[GxB] [Trailer + Website + Demo up]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
milkcarton
Regular

Re: The Guardian's Spell [GxB] [School Life] [Rom-Com]

#16 Post by milkcarton »

1.) Ryouta! His character design is lovely :)
2.) I am good with fifteen endings. I've read through visual novels that have had 10 different endings and enjoyed every single one.
3.) I like the idea!
4.) Sounds awesome:)
5.) I will most definitely be playing the game!
6.) Question: Will you be wanting voice actors/actresses for this project? Because I'd love to help out with that!

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#17 Post by Rozume »

1.) Who's your favourite character so far and you'd most likely pursue first?
I like Rai, because I personally find her more interesting than the guys. ^^ I wish she had a route OTL I guess I would pursue Koneko, cause he's really cute. ^w^
2.) Are you okay with fifteen endings? Will you be trying to see them all?
Fifteen endings are fine, makes me curious what they are. xD
3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.
What does it say about their friendship if they're going to be rivals over some guy? Granted, these are high schoolers but still...
4.) What do you think of a stat-raising sim feature added to the game?
If you want to add it, go for it!
5.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
I like the character design, but if you want my honest feedback most of the characters sound typical. They're characters I've seen countless times before. So no, I'm not really all that interested and I probably won't play the game unless there's something unique about it. Sorry. :c
6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
I noticed you this takes place in Japan and you have foreigners. Is the depiction of Japan realistic or is it manga-Japan? If it is real!Japan then I'd be interested to see how the foreign characters are treated.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#18 Post by SilverxBlue »

@riiko08 - Yeeees. That was intentional, I think? Aiko is generally more livelier and lovable than the MC itself, so I'm kinda glad it shows?!??

@milkcarton - We're still thinking about voice actors, but we haven't talked that much about it. ^^; We'll most likely post though if we need some.

@PhoenixStardust - Thank you for your honesty~!

Uh as for their friendship... I can't really find a proper word for it... They'd still remain friends, but I have no plans of using a boy to tear them apart... It's like both of them want to give up the guy to the other and then misunderstandings and stuff ensue. Nothing like the usual rivalry we see most of the time. I hope that made sense orz.

As for the typical thing... Well, I can't really give away more stuff lest I spoil everything... @___@ but there's more to them than meets the eye... or I'd like to think there is when I planned their entire arcs.

As for the last one, well it's a mix of both. I've done a lot of research and asked a lot of questions to a really close Half-Japanese friend who grew up and graduated High School in that country, but I don't think I want to make them too realistic or it might get... uh... I dunno... I just think too much of that is not really good. @__@
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#19 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

1.) Ryouta Akamatsu, Tsundere *--* <3
2.) I'll definitely try to see them all! *--*!
3.) She's really cute and I can imagine for which character she will be the rival xDDD
4.) I don't really like them because it kinds of take a lot of time to finish a route ^^;; but I think if the stats raising doesn't take much time then it's ok.
5.) All of them are quite interesting and I'll really really play the game! *---*! I actually find Cato quite interesting with the concept of !the foreign gentleman" hehehe
6.) This game looks so GOOD! *--* I can't wait to play it and congratulations on creating your second game ^^

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#20 Post by Ran08 »

There's a German character?! And a Filipino character?! Cool

1.) Who's your favourite character so far and
you'd most likely pursue first?

Omg the half-German dude. Wooooo. :") Hahaha. I thinks he's sexy~ Looool.

2.) Are you okay with fifteen endings? Will you be
trying to see them all?

Yup! Unless if I'm already so happy with the ending I got. Haha. :))

3.) What do you think of the best-friend character
so far...

Well, I'm from the Philippines so I think it's awesome to have a Filipino here. Hahaha. Ehh, but why does she have... blond hair though? Is she a half or something? :o Haha.

Rivalry between them... it does add tension I suppose. But then, she better end up with somebody as well, if that's the case. :)

4.) What do you think of a stat-raising sim
feature added to the game?

Like the intelligence, creativity, stuff? Umm... not too fond of them. *sigh* It's the grinding I can't take. Haha.

5.) What do you think of all that characters in
general? Are you interested in their stories and
will you really really play the game? o3o

Yes, of course. I think mixing up the nationalities is really interesting. Plus, on the POV of the writer, it's quite fun. Haha. I have characters of diff. nationalities in my projects too, and I enjoy writing them.

And uh-huh. Sure will. :)

6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a
character a question if you must.

Loooool. I think the story is quite interesting, and the art is gorgeous as well. <3

Oh, can I ask a question to Kaiser...?! Um... uhh... do you--- *faints* <3

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#21 Post by SilverxBlue »

Ohhh, so most people kinda don't like the whole stat-raising... I kinda hate them myself as a player, so we'll probably scrap that idea.

@Ran08
Yep... I've just recently loved having foreigners to a complete cast, so that's kinda why they're there. X3

6.) Aki: "Hmmmm? Did I ever what?" *smirk*

Oh goodness, Aki seems to be getting quite popular.

As for updates... All art is now complete except the logo. Script-wise, I've written more stuff, so I've updated the percentage accordingly. Haru's own path has been completed weeks ago~ Yes, there is a non boy-centric path for people who'd like to see character development for Haruka alone. Koneko's is close to completion... After him, I'll get started on Cato.

I've also completed the epilogues for the good ends of three out of five paths... because I like skipping to other scenes when I'm stuck.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by try10 »

1. Who's your favourite character so far and you'd most likely pursue first?
I have 2 favourite characters: Koneko and Ryouta.
Of course. I like games with many endings. :D
3.) What do you think of the best-friend character so far... She will be some sort of rival on one of the dude's paths but it's not a full blown out bitch-fest rivalry... They'd still remain their friendship over anything else.
I think she is ok.
I played many games with stat raising sim and I find them annoying at times. I tend to abandon playing them, so no I wouldn't really like this feature.
5.) What do you think of all that characters in general? Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
I think every character is interesting in his own way so I would definitely like to find out more things about them.
6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must.
No questions. :D I would really like to with you good luck in finishing this game cause it seems really nice.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#23 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Cato Bennett <3
Of cooorseee
I like competitions. Rivalries are always fun, especially when it has to do with a boy ^^
I personally don't like stat-raising elements nor dating sims, but am willing to give this a try~!
Each character is unique in their own way, and I love unique characters with a passion~!! I really like the MC's best friend. She's super cute~
6.) Lastly, you can say anything you want! Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
uh.... Cato. Why are you so adorable?:*
i'll cry if you yell at me

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by SilverxBlue »

Thanks for the feedback, you guys~

@silverpikachu99
6.) Cato: U-Uhm... Thank you very much for thinking so, but I don't think I'm that adorable, miss. *smile*

So... News... Not entirely sure if it's good or bad since there are people who love stat-raising. ^^;

The stat-raising-part will be scratched... I personally don't like it too and since everyone else who gave feedback is apparently with me, then it's scrapped.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

Re: The Guardian's Spell[Otome] [RomCom] [Screenies Up]

#25 Post by angeliza »

This looks very cute...but am I the ony one who saw Cato and thought of "the World God Only Knows"?
XD

Otherwise...
*huggles Aki*
His design is so cool!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#26 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

What a great game! I really love the artwork, and the storyline. Koneko is so cute! I just want to rub his ears and play with his tail. *Glomps Koneko.* So kawaii! -^-^-

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

#27 Post by angeliza »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:What a great game! I really love the artwork, and the storyline. Koneko is so cute! I just want to rub his ears and play with his tail. *Glomps Koneko.* So kawaii! -^-^-
XD
Yeah, anime-style dudes as a whole have such soft looking hair, I want to pet them...put a pair of cat or dog ears on 'em, and they're almost irresistible!

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#28 Post by FjärilPrincess »

WARNING: VERY LONG ANSWERS THAT MAY BORE YOU TO DEATH.PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
OH . MY . HOLY . FLYING . MARSHMALLOWS ..~! - THAT ART,THOUGH ;').Ahem. Any-who,that is one seriously intriguing plot.Intriguing and unique.I like that <3.I wish I would magically get a cute-boy-cat-thing (That's why I'm going for Koneko's route! Yahoo~!) TT-TT.That would make me so happy.Meh.

1.) Character? More like...CHARACTERS <3.*nosebleed* I really love Koneko (Psh.Duh.) and Aki ~! Koneko strikes me as a quiet and easily embarrassed person.I was shocked to read that he's a bit annoying towards the MC.He DOES look sort of cheeky.Oh,and Aki's personality seems a little bit common.Although,the thing that sets him apart from other characters that remind me of him... *pauses* *breathes*..has to be the fact that he and the MC knew each other in the past.This is my opinion,of course :P.
~
2.) (a) Are you okay with fifteen endings? (b) Will you be trying to see them all?
2.) (a) Yes! I love how there are 15 endings! That's splendid ^^.So many endings,so many things to try <3.It sure must be a lot of work T_T.I hope you make it through this xD.>.> I do hope someone might make a walk-through for it,though.My common sense,when it comes to VNS,is horrid.
(b) Most definitely! It'll be time consuming but it's worth it.Though,I may steer clear of bad endings,but that's just me.I do it in every VN that I play.I usually think about a VN after I finish one ending.I just sit there...and ponder about it.It bothers me when I get bad endings because I'm all like: NOBODY LOVE MEEE.MEE NEEED THE LOVEEEY *SOB.SOB*.COME.COME BACK! T-T *dramatic violin music plays in background* (As you can tell,I play a lot of romance VNS XD).
~
3.) My hands hurt >:(.Sorry! XD.Urm,You know what? I actually like that idea! It kind of gets tedious when you don't see someone getting jealous over the guy.It's expected but it doesn't happen.I like how the twist is that it'll be her best friend.It makes it all the more interesting ;).HAHA.I'LL PLAY THAT ROUTE,So that ̶ᴵ̶ ̶ᶜ̶ᴬ̶ᴺ̶ ̶ᴿ̶ᵁ̶ᴮ̶ᴮ̶ᴮ̶ᴮ̶ ̶ᴵ̶ᵀ̶ ̶ᴵ̶ᴺ̶ ̶ᴴ̶ᴱ̶ᴿ̶ ̶ᴸ̶ᴵ̶ᵀ̶ᵀ̶ᴸ̶ᴱ̶ ̶ᶠ̶ᴵ̶ᴸ̶ᴵ̶ᴾ̶ᴵ̶ᴺ̶ᴼ̶ ̶ᶠ̶ᴬ̶ᶜ̶ᴱ̶ ̶ᵀ̶ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ᵀ̶ ̶ᴵ̶ ̶ᴳ̶ᴼ̶ᵀ̶ ̶ᵀ̶ᴴ̶ᴱ̶ ̶ᴳ̶ᵁ̶ʸ̶!ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ᴴ̶ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ᴴ̶ᴬ̶ I can experience the little bickering they'll have,even though they'll still be friends <3.A teeny-tiny cat fight isn't so bad ;P.
~
4.) In my opinion,I'm not such a big fan of it... :c.But whatever floats your boat.I'll still play it :).
~
5.) (a) What do you think of all that characters in general? (b) Are you interested in their stories and will you really really play the game? o3o
5.) (a) Every character is unique and the description of their personalities were very thorough (It reeled me in.Even more than before,when I observed the art and read the plot.).I think they're absolutely perfect ^_^.
(b) I am quite intrigued with their stories.Of course,I'll play the game! ;D.That's why I'm commenting c(;.
~
6.) (a) Lastly, you can say anything you want! (b) Ask a character a question if you must. ^^;;
6.) (a) Gosh.I must give you a late congratulations on the release of Pyrite Heart.No,Really <3~.As soon as it came out,I downloaded it and played every route,like the no-lifer I am o3o.And I enjoyed every bit of it! Just like P.H.,the art is spectacular.The plot's intriguingly,er,special (Haha XD) and I love EACH character's detailed personality (By the way,I'm sorry if my sentences confuse you a little at any point in time.I'm a tad bit sleepy,due to how late it is.Hehe XD).I'm very excited to play this game ! ^^.I hope it gets done soon! However,taking into account how much work a VN with 15 endings must be,I truly do wish you luck once more.I HASSS SUBSCRIBEDDDD TO LE TOPIC (Banzaiii~) *happy dance*.Uhm,Uhm,Uhm,Yesh :'3.
(b) (1) Merp,Um.This is a question for Koneko-kun C: (Bam.I got so attached to his character,I added the honourific :') XD.): "How does it feel to have cat ears and a tail? B-because you look really cute with them..'nd stuff."
(b) (2) This is a question for Rai-chan: "Where do you do your hair? I love it."
~
* P.S: Haha <3.Thank you for making this wonderful VN,I will be checking it frequently :).Well,I already subscribed..but..psh,yeah :3.I type 'intriguing' a lot (and the word/noise 'Psh').PsSsSsSsh,Whatever.
* P.P.S: I like that time limit.4-6 hours? YAAAAAAAAAAY ~ <3.I LOVE YOU! REALLY :').

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by SilverxBlue »

angeliza wrote:This looks very cute...but am I the ony one who saw Cato and thought of "the World God Only Knows"?
XD
Oh my... I never realised that until you pointed it out. Cato's more sociable than Keima though... XD

And I'm glad you guys like Koneko and the other dudes too... and the best friend and MC too, hopefully. I love them all equally and for the first time in all the games I'm writing for, I'm having a hard time selecting who my most favourite character is. XD

@FjärilPrincess - Oh, no... It's completely fine... and they weren't boring! They were quite entertaining to read. ^^;
1.) Yes, Koneko is quite the cheeky person(so much to the point that the MC calls him a little **** sometimes //shot I'm kidding), but he really is quite innocent and he means well.
2.) Well, just in case people ask for it, we'll make a walk-through. ^^
3.) Ohh... Yes, they will kind of having an argument because of the dude... but not in a way that you think it is. If I could describe Haru and Rai's 'rivalry'... it's really weird and er... somewhat unique. ^^;;;
4.) Like I said a few posts before, the idea is scrapped... (I should really remove that question now).
5.) This is detailed? ;A; I tried to make them sound like typical characters and not reveal much, but I'm glad you managed to read through all of it.
b.1) Koneko: Eh? Am I supposed to feel something? I feel normal~! It's not cool that Master Haru demands that I hide them though... It's uncomfortable, so I don't listen to her.
b.2) Rai: I pick the colors, but my mama dyes it for me since she doesn't want me to make a mess out of the bathroom... We don't go to the salon much because it could be expensive. As for styling, I just tie them into these pigtails before leaving the house. Want me to do the same for you?

Thanks so much for the support and kind words, everyone. We really appreciate it. ^^ Also, we can't really post that much updates, so have a random screenshot again.... For you guys to have a look into our MCs brain and all that. We haven't encoded the GUI too by the way, so make do with that one for a moment... ^^;;;
Attachments
Random screenshot of the day
Random screenshot of the day
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

xKairi
Regular

Re: The Guardian's Spell[Otome] [RomCom, Drama??] [Screenies

#30 Post by xKairi »

- Koneko. To be honest, he's the only unique guy here... The rest are all obtainable guy stereotypes. But then again, I AM a sucker for the mysterious scary guy-types xD RYOUTA. ouo

- I'm fine with that, but I'm prolly not going to get them all. I usually just settle for the best ending of the guy I want. lol

- Are you frickin' kidding me!?! I LOVE HER!!! I salute Winged Cloud for paying tribute to my home country :)

- Please, no! >< I'm not a big fan of those...

- Like I said earlier, most of the guys are stereotypes (save for Ryouta because he is gorgeous :P) except for Koneko. But I'll still play their routes to see they can prove me wrong :)

- Will this feature voice acting as well? I didn't get the chance to audition for Pyrite Heart! ;A;