Pretty Thief (Dress-Up, RPG, BxB)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
A2_Eater

Pretty Thief (Dress-Up, RPG, BxB)

#1 Post by A2_Eater »

Pretty Thief
(logo pending)
Zeke is a bandit who's been "finding" gold and treasure to pay off his debts, but one day someone steals his life savings. He's no warrior, but this money is important to him. The only lead he has is that someone was seen sneaking back to the dungeons near town at night. What's a guy to do besides take back what's his?

Zeke has been through a lot. And by that I mean he used to get into fights all the time. And by that I mean he used to get beat up by pretty much everyone. Zeke isn't brave but he knows what he needs to do and what's important to him, and his stash of cash means the world to him.

Kanon is a total badass, not going to lie, and unfortunately all she does is run a shop. What kind of shop? Well, one that sells... stuff for adults. That kind. They work well enough for Zeke's purposes.

Handel is so bubbly that his upbeat demeanor rubs off on everyone, and probably gets all over them too. It's easy to tell where Handel's been since his slime trail is easy to track. He's too honest for his own good sometimes, but he's there for his friends when they need it.

Hirohito, like Zeke, used to get picked on by all the other oni for being such a weakling. He's since learned to stand up for himself (kinda). Hiro's used to sneaking around for what he needs and lying through his teeth, but it's easy to get the truth out of him if you know how to do it. Nowadays he can actually win a fight, but he certainly won't pick it.

This is Hart. Hart is kind of a jerk. He takes what he wants and isn't afraid to spit in your face or tell you you're pathetic, and he certainly isn't going to play nice if you accuse him of something he didn't do. Still, he's good to his friends. What few of them he has, anyway.
❤ ❤ ❤
Sorry for the massive images! ( ≧Д≦) I'm working with Mink, and this is our entry for the New Beginnings Jam (you all should join too!). The game will have a part where you can dress up Zeke at Kanon's shop, and then RPG sections where you fight the rest of the boys. At the end you need to guess who stole your gold; get it wrong and you'll never get your money back! ٩(๑`ȏ´๑)۶

As of now, I finally got the dress-up and battle sections functioning the way I want them to, and writing is up to the part where Zeke enters the dungeon. I'm gonna try coding in some screens to make it look like a faux-Pokemon batle, or at least display health bars.

Credits
A2_Eater - Writing, Programming
Mink - Sprite and CG(?) Art
mugenjohncel, leon - Backgrounds
leon - Dress-Up Code
(???) - Music

Thank you for reading! Please tell us who you like, and feel free to ask questions. (★^O^★)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: Pretty Thief (Dress-Up, RPG, BxB)

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Kanon is so badass! xD
i'll cry if you yell at me

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#3 Post by kaleidofish »

I am interested in what you can dress Zeke in, especially since Kanon's shop is of the adult variety. ;) I may be misreading things, but...we're going to fight the other characters in the dungeon? I guess even someone who gets their ass kicked can rise up if it means they can get their money back. I've rated them on their likelihood of kicking Zeke's face in.

Kanon: RIP, Zeke. He will need a grave for his grave - that's how badly he'll be owned.

Handel: So cute! Slimes are devious, though. So slippery. And it's easy to fall into them if you don't punch them right. I'd rather play him in Checkers than fight him. That faaaace.

Hirohito: Adorable. But he's a liar. I think Zeke can take him!! (Sort of.)

Hart: Looks like he'll fight dirty. Cheaters never win...except in dungeon duels.

Good luck! How is progress shaping up so far?
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

A2_Eater

#4 Post by A2_Eater »

silverpikachu99 wrote:Kanon is so badass! xD
That she is >:3 At this point I should and can make her role a bit more prominent.
kaleidofish wrote:I am interested in what you can dress Zeke in, especially since Kanon's shop is of the adult variety. ;) I may be misreading things, but...we're going to fight the other characters in the dungeon? I guess even someone who gets their ass kicked can rise up if it means they can get their money back. I've rated them on their likelihood of kicking Zeke's face in.

Kanon: RIP, Zeke. He will need a grave for his grave - that's how badly he'll be owned.

Handel: So cute! Slimes are devious, though. So slippery. And it's easy to fall into them if you don't punch them right. I'd rather play him in Checkers than fight him. That faaaace.

Hirohito: Adorable. But he's a liar. I think Zeke can take him!! (Sort of.)

Hart: Looks like he'll fight dirty. Cheaters never win...except in dungeon duels.

Good luck! How is progress shaping up so far?
Kaleidofish! Thanks for stopping by uwu And yes, you're going to fight the 3 monster boys in the dungeon, along with random bats if Mink has time to draw them. Nice guesses as to how the battles will turn out lol

As for progress, still tinkering with the RPG bits!
The background moves! We have health bars! Battle chibis (sketches)! Cute fighting narration! GUI is obviously being worked on, I'm waiting on a bit more of the art and a possible logo from someone before I jump into full customization. Also, as for what outfits Zeke can wear...
I think it speaks for itself.

Thank you for reading ♥

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Hello team,

You may want to investigate SusanTheCat's game Kitten Crusade in regards to implementing a Pokemon-esque battle screen. I think her game handled that set up quite well.

Anyway, the month is still young and it looks like this project has a good momentum behind it. Should prove to be an impressive game jam entry.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

A2_Eater

#6 Post by A2_Eater »

Thank you for the suggestion Reikun ♥ After a bit of thought, going Pokémon style would require more assets, so I'll keep to this 1st POV type setup.

As for progress, it's been slow because of university but I did manage to find some music! Hurrah! I'll be able to write more script later, hopefully today. Stay tuned ♥