Queen At Arms: Deluxe Edition, on Steam Feb 4 (beta testing)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

Re: Queen At Arms: First Edition is OUT! [War][Fantasy][Roma

#301 Post by Rosstin »

Thanks for catching that, Xio.

mireo

#302 Post by mireo »

Hi! Congratulations on releasing the game!
Bought it as soon as I could but I have 1 question..

Are there really 12 endings or is it just 1 or 2 endings with slight variations? Because I've played it several times and I keep getting the same ending but with variations depending on my standing with people.... =/

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#303 Post by Laiska »

mireo wrote:Hi! Congratulations on releasing the game!
Bought it as soon as I could but I have 1 question..

Are there really 12 endings or is it just 1 or 2 endings with slight variations? Because I've played it several times and I keep getting the same ending but with variations depending on my standing with people.... =/
Hi, thanks for buying the game!

The 12 is a bit of a rough number. There are about half a dozen named endings, with some variations.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#304 Post by sasquatchii »

Ohhh man I just finished playing it yesterday!!! You guys should put this up in the completed games section too so more people know this is finished :)
I LOVED IT. All of the characters were so damn likeable, well rounded, interesting, and three dimensional.

This is the first thing I ever kickstarted, AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT! I was a little nervous about kickstarting ANYTHING but you guys all seemed to have good track records as creators (having finished games before and even having a solid demo) so I'm really happy I did.

The best thing about this game was that there were no obviously "good" or "bad" decisions, just a whole lot of gray in between. I really had to weigh the consequences and think through my decisions.

At no point did I ever just focus in on one character or thing and aggressively pursue like I have in many VNs (probably why I got the rule of redemption ending?). There was just waaay too much going on and I wanted to be a part of it.
Anyways, i really loved it! Do you guys have anything planned for the future? Is there any website I can check to see progress on your future projects? :D
ImageImage

Rosstin
Veteran

#305 Post by Rosstin »

Hey Sasquatchii! We have a Facebook page for Aqualuft, our company. Whatever we make next will surely show up there. We also have an Aqualuft blog too but we've done a terrible job of updating it.

We'll probably announce any subsequent projects on our Queen At Arms website / tumblr / Facebook page as well.

Meagan Trott / Ulalaria, our background artist, recently made a kinetic novel based on Faust which has a thread on this forum.

Diana/Laiska is working on a horror VN that she can tell you about.

I'm incapable of not making games so I'm sure I'll have a new project announced through Aqualuft up by the time Queen At Arms: Deluxe Edition has shipped.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen

#306 Post by Laiska »

sasquatchii wrote:Anyways, i really loved it! Do you guys have anything planned for the future? Is there any website I can check to see progress on your future projects? :D
It really gets us super stoked to hear that people enjoyed the game. Thanks for backing and playing it!! I'll probably go ahead and put up a post in the complete section as soon as I stop being a lazy butt... </worst assistant producer ever>

I'm not sure what's next for Aqualuft, besides working on the Deluxe Edition of the game, but as Rosstin mentioned, I personally have a few things in the works. A friend and I are planning a couple games under our partnership of Team Lazilisk (no blog just yet!), including Lock & Key, a short surreal/horror VN, and later on a couple rather offbeat otome VNs. I'm also part of a small team producing a friendship-themed VN called Cerulean for SuNoFes. You'll probably see either of these around, or can follow my Twitter/Tumblr for updates!

Erikka
Regular

#307 Post by Erikka »

I liked the game! There were so many choices to make and the characters were really unique!) Prince Alastor and Archimagus Rubus were my favorite!)) The music and backgrounds were amazing as well. I forgot about time while playing it! Maybe there were too many battles(to be honest I got a bit bored of fighting in the middle of "part 3") but, hey, it's game about war and the story was very well-written!
... To be honest I was hoping for more romance in the game. The romantic part of the game didn't impress me much.

But anyway the game was very nice!

Rosstin
Veteran

#308 Post by Rosstin »

Thanks for the feedback, Erikka :-)

Does anyone know how we can get moved to the "completed" forum?

Laiska
Veteran

#309 Post by Laiska »

Rosstin wrote:Thanks for the feedback, Erikka :-)

Does anyone know how we can get moved to the "completed" forum?
I'm making a clean new thread ;)

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#310 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Yeah, the romance being light in the game is one of the biggest complaints I've been noticing. I'm working out ways we could have more of it without breaking the game's pacing. Any ideas are welcome!

Dusk361

#311 Post by Dusk361 »

I am having trouble with Lucius's route played it multiple times with no luck anyone can help???

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#312 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I answer a lot of questions like this on our tumblr. I'll paste the info below.
xiomaraze asked: I seem to be missing something on the Prelate Lucius route, I was hoping you could give me a hint? Is there something really early on or later later on that helps with his route? I feel like I'm missing something before the ball but I can't seem to discover anything that would change what happens there! :C
The Prelate is a tricky one because he needs more of your time to warm up to you than other characters. I wish I could be more helpful without giving away spoilers, but here are four tips I can give you and all the other players who are wanting to explore the romantic elements of the game. (Tips 1-3 will not really work with Lorimette.)

Tip 1: After you’ve marched out, you get most of your romance points with a person during down time. Hanging out with them while camping will do wonders in progressing down their romance path.

Tip 2: Chatting with them while marching will build up some points, but not nearly enough make or break a successful romance. Don’t be afraid to chat with someone who isn’t your romantic interest at that time.

Tip 3: Before Chapter 4 you should get a scene close to the end of the war where the character you’ve spent most of your time with will either come to your tent or you’ll go to theirs. That’s actually when the locking point of the romance takes place. If you didn’t get the person you wanted by then you won’t be able to win them in Chapter 4.

Tip 4: We don’t punish save scumming in this game (it’d be an especially dick move, we felt, in a VN where you can die.) You can and should save the game on a decision screen if you’re not sure of the consequences. If you didn’t get the person you were wanting then you can always load up an old save and try different options. It’s actually not always obvious which ones will have you hanging out with the person you’re interested in. Sometimes going to talk to one person can lead to an option letting you hanging out with someone else.

An example of Tip 4 (in relation to the asker) is, at a certain point long after you’ve marched out, you get an option to look for Nick at camp. You end up finding him in the medical tent with Prelate Lucius and, after a quick scene of the two of them, you can decide to follow Nick out or stay with the Prelate and chat.
You need to be sure that last part of the tip happens in the evening. If Nick and the Prelate are having a drink together when you arrive then you know you did it right.

By the way! We have a new forum topic in the completed games section of the forums. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=33015

You should go there with any comments and questions about the game. I'm not sure any of the other devs are following this post anymore.

Rosstin
Veteran

Re: Queen At Arms: Deluxe Edition, on Steam Feb 4 (beta test

#313 Post by Rosstin »

I'm bumping this thread because I know many people are tracking it, and haven't noticed our "Completed Games" thread.

We will soon be having a closed beta test for Queen At Arms: Deluxe Edition which Laiska will manage.

Rosstin
Veteran

Re: Queen At Arms: Deluxe Edition, on Steam Feb 4 (beta test

#314 Post by Rosstin »