The Virgin [Parody] [Otome] [Genderneutral Player]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
hananoyounikirei
Projects: The Virgin

The Virgin [Parody] [Otome] [Genderneutral Player]

#1 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Hello! I have no idea if this goes in Ideas or WIP so if I'm wrong, feel free to move this mods! This is my first attempt at a visual novel so any tips or guides I can look at would be greatly appreciated!

It's the final week of school. You are still a virgin. Find a girl and woo her before the week is over!

This is a Ren'Py based game.
It will be (I hope) at least 10 minutes.
It is a lighthearted parody game making fun of otomes.
It's first release might not have any art.
It will be free.
Player is gender neutral as of now. No plans to change this fact.

Characters:

David
David is your younger brother, he loves to sleep and almost always makes you late for class.
Your mother is oblivious to the fact and always makes you take him places.
Non-Romanceable. (No incest in this game, sorry! xD)
Credit: ra-nyan

Elenora
Elenora is two years younger than you. She is always calm and collected, which makes everyone try to rile her up, including you.
Romanceable.
Credit: Anna

Script: 20% Script erased itself. Working way back up.
Coding: 50% All the writing I've done so far has been coded in, 4 sprites.
Art: 35% All sprites I have planned for now have been implemented. Still need backgrounds and maybe CG's.
Music/Sound: 15% Have a few things in mind, nothing implemented yet.

0/? Endings completed so far due to script erasing itself.

Hoping to have at least 3 romances. (Perhaps a secret one?)

One of the mini endings
You: "Yeah, no thanks."

You shoved past him and began walking away when suddenly a sharp pain radiated from your chest

You looked down and watched the dark red blood stain your shirt.

You: "Aw man, this was my favorite shirt!"

Those were the last words you ever said as your lifeless body fell to the concrete.
Last edited by hananoyounikirei on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: The Virgin [PlayerxGirl] [Parody] [Otome]

#2 Post by SilverxBlue »

Hmmm... I this is supposed to be in the Ideas section, since there is no definite 'progress' to be show and it's just the general idea of your VN and its endings. I'm not so sure though.

Anyways, it is quite interesting... I'm just hoping to see a lot of comedic scenes and stuff. ^^;
hananoyounikirei wrote: One of the mini endings
You: "Yeah, no thanks."

You shoved past him and began walking away when suddenly a sharp pain radiated from your chest

You looked down and watched the dark red blood stain your shirt.

You: "Aw man, this was my favorite shirt!"

Those were the last words you ever said as your lifeless body fell to the concrete.
I'm wondering if this is some sort of shout out to the galge parody of Gintama? I loved that scene. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

hananoyounikirei

#3 Post by hananoyounikirei »

SilverxBlue wrote:Hmmm... I this is supposed to be in the Ideas section, since there is no definite 'progress' to be show and it's just the general idea of your VN and its endings. I'm not so sure though.

Anyways, it is quite interesting... I'm just hoping to see a lot of comedic scenes and stuff. ^^;
I'm wondering if this is some sort of shout out to the galge parody of Gintama? I loved that scene. XD
Yeah, I'm still not so sure because in the rules it just says I need either pictures or writing to show for but I don't know. :roll: I think I'll work on posting a sprite or something today so I do have something to show.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely trying to make it silly, though I'm not sure how funny people will find it... :P

And no, I don't think I've heard of
Gintama...
But maybe I saw it somewhere and my subconscious caused me to write that scene! xD

hananoyounikirei

#4 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Coded in first character, David. Also edited progress report.

hananoyounikirei

Re: The Virgin [Parody] [Otome] [BxG or GxG]

#5 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Entire script was erased due to me trying to code the UI. Back to 0% on writing. Excuse me while I go cry.

hananoyounikirei

#6 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Okay guys. Working on rewriting the script. Got 2 other sprites, but Elenora was the only one cooperating. That's it for today. Goodnight everyone!

wererat42
Regular

#7 Post by wererat42 »

I'm a bit curious as to why you're calling this an otome game, as that generally implies GxB.

hananoyounikirei

#8 Post by hananoyounikirei »

wererat42 wrote:I'm a bit curious as to why you're calling this an otome game, as that generally implies GxB.
From what I've heard it's just something intended for a female audience. Since the player is genderless, it can be seen as an otome. As everything is very new, it's fairly possible I add in a romanceable boy too. :)