XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO] [Complete!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Luminar
Regular

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#16 Post by Luminar »

;P Nawww, too bad for the epilogues. Oh well, sometimes simple is just perfect. ;D It's nice as long as you're comfortable with it. Hmm, it'll end with the confession... So, it's going to be like; You confess, he gives answer, then end?? Just curious. ;3 Good luck again!
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#17 Post by pyopyon »

Donmai wrote:Interesting idea! Watching with interest.
Heh, I see you around the forums (you've helped me before, haha~) Thank you!
try10 wrote:I've just discovered this band when I downloaded some songs. Most of them are awesome and although I don't know their names ( I'm very very bad with korean names :() I think I'll enjoy playing this game. Good luck and please finish this as soon as you can. I'm so stalking this until it's released. :D
Ah, I'm glad you like them! I really love them and I've been with them since their MAMA EP came out (on my birthday <33) It's okay! (And just a side note -- four of them are Chinese!) But in any case, I hope this game helps with that, haha! Especially if you play through all the paths! My deadlines in 10 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!
Luminar wrote:OHMIGOSH! OHMIGOSH! OHMIGOSH! EXO! EXO!
BVSKJDBKADSBDSJBVLSKAJBVKJLBSAKJVBASKJD!!!!!
YEEESSSHHHHH!!!!!YEEESSSHHHHH!!!!!YEEESSSHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just SPEECHLESS AND EXTREMELY HAPPY. WOOHOOO!!!! YEAAAHHHH!!!! ROLLL LIKE A BUFFALOOO!!!!! xDDDD
I LURVE YOU FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT MAKING THIS GAME. ;D

I'm glad there's an exotic here. ;P I'm actually an exotic. My bias' the Happy Virus, Chanyeol. His Smile and Derpness is just SDJBVADVABVSAH. Eyeliner guy and Baozi are the biaswrecker TTATT My feels.

LMAO. Fufufufufufu... insides jokes. xD I hope I can get them. Ohmigosh, Kris' art is gonna be in this game. Kekekeke, our beloved Picasso, you are just simply blinded with your love of art. I really love the main menu's image. ;D

Good luck in the game BTW! You seem to have lots of work left to be done. ;A; Well, I'm sure we have pretty enough time left this year so no need to rush.

I wish I could help you but I'm just simply bad at graphics. Plus, I don't really get what you meant by the yearbook thingy, cause I'm just lame like that. I like writing a whole lot and I'm quite confident of my knowledge of EXO but yeah, you seem to have everything under control. ;D Oh well, I'll just be a supportive fan, then!! xD
Luminar wrote:;P Nawww, too bad for the epilogues. Oh well, sometimes simple is just perfect. ;D It's nice as long as you're comfortable with it. Hmm, it'll end with the confession... So, it's going to be like; You confess, he gives answer, then end?? Just curious. ;3 Good luck again!

AHAHA, I can tell you love EXO!! Me too ahhhhh-- WOW!! I admit, I'm not really a fan of the name 'Exotics'... I hope they give us a cool fan name soon!! ;u; I want something that has to do with their first concept. I would also not mine being called Kisses and Hugs. (Hugs for M biases, Kisses for K biased.)

Chanyeol used to be my bias, and then below him Baek and D.O. were tied, but I admit I'm a little partial to Xiumin too! And Lay. and Kai. (Basically the dancing line is hfdkjksdfj but not Sehun because... I just... no thank u) AND GOSH CHEN'S VOICE AHHH. But Xiumin is my bias because he's the best dancer. uwu

Oh, don't worry about it! The yearbook thing is what I cut out, haha. Too tedious and kind of boring, I won't lie;; It was just a couple of lines long anyway, so not much is lost, haha! So far, they always confess to you, so, you still get a scene. XD It doesn't end immediately when you choose 'Yes'! Haha, just wait and see. uwu7

AND IDK IF YOU'RE INTO IT BUT-- I'm also planning a VIXX game!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

pyopyon
Veteran

#18 Post by pyopyon »

Ta-dah! A new chart that easily says that's done as far as the script.

A little more easy to read, right?
Image ImageImage

Luminar
Regular

#19 Post by Luminar »

AHAHA, I can tell you love EXO!! Me too ahhhhh-- WOW!! I admit, I'm not really a fan of the name 'Exotics'... I hope they give us a cool fan name soon!! ;u; I want something that has to do with their first concept. I would also not mine being called Kisses and Hugs. (Hugs for M biases, Kisses for K biased.)
Hahaha, xD I find it kind of cool, it's probably just me though. ;D Oooh, something to do with their first concepts huh... Moons and Suns?? Lol, ignore that lame suggestion. But Kisses and Hugs aren't that bad as well!! Actually it's kind of cool. ;3
Chanyeol used to be my bias, and then below him Baek and D.O. were tied, but I admit I'm a little partial to Xiumin too! And Lay. and Kai. (Basically the dancing line is hfdkjksdfj but not Sehun because... I just... no thank u) AND GOSH CHEN'S VOICE AHHH. But Xiumin is my bias because he's the best dancer. uwu
Oooh. When I first came to know EXO, I came to like Bacon first I still like him though, but soon switched to Chanyeol. I had a hard time denying my feels for him bcuz I wanted to stay loyal to Baekhyun xD Oh gosh, Xiumin's cheeks are just so CUTE.
To tell you the truth, if all of them were in front of me and u tell me to pick one to live with for eternity, i would have a hard time choosing cuz I just love them all so much. QAQ Chanyeol's just a tinsy bit higher than the others. So yeah, call me selfish but I really just like all of them. xDDD
Oh, don't worry about it! The yearbook thing is what I cut out, haha. Too tedious and kind of boring, I won't lie;; It was just a couple of lines long anyway, so not much is lost, haha! So far, they always confess to you, so, you still get a scene. XD It doesn't end immediately when you choose 'Yes'! Haha, just wait and see. uwu7
Oooh... xD I see. Lol, Hahahaha I'm glad it doesn't just end like that. Oh gosh, I'm getting so excited right now. ;D
AND IDK IF YOU'RE INTO IT BUT-- I'm also planning a VIXX game!
So you're a Starlight?? O.O WOW, I can tell you're very ambitious. xD Well, I don't really know VIXX well enough but I do know one particular member, N. I have a bit of a bad impression about him though, but nothing serious. ;P If you hadn't watch 'Romantic and Idol 2' I just wanted to tell you that he kind of hurt a girls feelings in there, then in 'All KPOP' he appears with that girl and hurts her again. ;P Aish, that pabo. But anyways, I don't hold any particular hatred towards them and I'm starting to actually hold a tint of interest for them since a lot of people are talking about them. ;P I'll go check them out. Any song or Variety shows about them to recommend?? xD I know this is getting a bit off topic.
Ta-dah! A new chart that easily says that's done as far as the script.
A little more easy to read, right?
Yep, a lot more easier. xD And I can tell you're working hard on it. Also 31/50 is a lot!! Keep on the good work and I'm sure the remaining work can be slowly finished! xD If I could help in any way, I would but yeah, good luck!! ;3

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

pyopyon
Veteran

#20 Post by pyopyon »

Yep, a lot more easier. xD And I can tell you're working hard on it. Also 31/50 is a lot!! Keep on the good work and I'm sure the remaining work can be slowly finished! xD If I could help in any way, I would but yeah, good luck!! ;3
Good! I'm glad it's legible! Thank youuuu ;u; I'M CERTAIN I can meet deadline-- mainly because I finished two storylines in a matter of days-- which tells me that rather than being a lot of writing (which it still is) my main obstacle is my own laziness;;; LOL I'm terrible.

It's fine! Just playing it when it comes out is enough. :^)

I answered all the other stuff in a PM (my reply was long and gushy, as with any K Pop fan, lol)
Image ImageImage

Luminar
Regular

#21 Post by Luminar »

pyopyon wrote: Good! I'm glad it's legible! Thank youuuu ;u; I'M CERTAIN I can meet deadline-- mainly because I finished two storylines in a matter of days-- which tells me that rather than being a lot of writing (which it still is) my main obstacle is my own laziness;;; LOL I'm terrible.

It's fine! Just playing it when it comes out is enough. :^)

I answered all the other stuff in a PM (my reply was long and gushy, as with any K Pop fan, lol)
xD Ahhh.... Laziness, an enemy of every human being on Earth. Nah, you're not terrible. People get lazy and sometimes you would simply get a writers' block.

BJADVSKBDSJKBVHJSBS....XD So excited!!!!

LOL, I've replied it back with the same long and gushy replies. Yeah, sometimes being a K-poper makes you react a little bit way too much. xD

greenheartnellie
Regular

#22 Post by greenheartnellie »

I am not a fan, but I'd play a VN any day! Also, I think my best friend would LOVE this (she's THE fan) so I'd show this to her. :D Will the sprites look like the ones on your main menu? Because they're gorgeous! I hope this would be finished soon, good luck :)

EDIT: Oh I just saw what you wrote, the one who drew the main menu isn't the same artist. It really looks so nice though, but good luck with however the sprites would look like :)
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

pyopyon
Veteran

#23 Post by pyopyon »

greenheartnellie wrote:I am not a fan, but I'd play a VN any day! Also, I think my best friend would LOVE this (she's THE fan) so I'd show this to her. :D Will the sprites look like the ones on your main menu? Because they're gorgeous! I hope this would be finished soon, good luck :)

EDIT: Oh I just saw what you wrote, the one who drew the main menu isn't the same artist. It really looks so nice though, but good luck with however the sprites would look like :)
It seems like everybody on this thread either is an EXO fan or knows one, haha. I'm hoping for a middle ground between fans honestly and hope I can attract both VN and EXO fans.

In any case I'm sorry about the deception, haha. Yep, different artists. I wish that I could have her but that artist doesn't take requests unfortunately. In any case I'm just glad she let me use the picture! Haha. Thanks for your well wishes.

________

In other news I'm going to be updating the chart tonight! I finished more of the paths! Ah, I can't wait to release this. ; u;)
Image ImageImage

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#24 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

I'm gonna have so much fun playing this when it comes out. Just thinking about all the inside jokes we have makes me start giggling. Can't wait to play our lovely Picasso's route! I just know it's going to be hilarious. Ahh...Yixing's route is the one I'm really excited about (he's my bias, after all), but Xiumin and Squishy are adorable so I'm probably gonna be squealing and clapping like a retarded seal by the end of their routes too.
I wish you the best of lucks!! EXO hwaiting!! :)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by try10 »

Ummm...can anyone recommend me a show or something to get to know the guys? I very bad with names :oops: ( especially korean ones since they're wierd :cry: ) and I would really appreciate it. I want to play this game badly when it's released, but I'm afraid that I won't understand anything :? . Thank you in advance. :)

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#26 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

try10 wrote:Ummm...can anyone recommend me a show or something to get to know the guys? I very bad with names :oops: ( especially korean ones since they're wierd :cry: ) and I would really appreciate it. I want to play this game badly when it's released, but I'm afraid that I won't understand anything :? . Thank you in advance. :)
Hi there! :) Don't worry, we all had a hard time remembering korean names when we first joined the Kpop fandom. They all look and sound the same at first, especially when there's a lot of members in the group. Eventually, you'll get the hang of it so..fighting!
You can watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TwKAZLtxes
EXO has a showtime, and if you watch it you get to see their dorky and dumb side. First ep here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDI9bFB3j6k I haven't finished watching it because, you know, work and responsibilities and yadda yadda, but I'm sure you can find the rest of the episodes in YouTube.

Also, let me give you a quick intro to EXO: They're divided into EXO-K (promotes and sings in Korean) and EXO-M (promotes and sings in mandarin). There's 12 members and all but 4 of them are korean. EXO are still rookies (they debuted in 2012) but they have a huge, HUGE fandom and they're very popular. They have a lot of MVs (there's usually 2 of the same song, one in korean and the other one in mandarin), but my all time favorites are What is Love, Angel, and Miracles in December. Quick advice: don't try to remember them by their hairstyles or hair color, it changes like 4 times in a month.
Members:
EXO-K
Leader Suho, also known as $uho because he's so rich he bathes in money (just kidding). He's a cutie pie.
Main Rapper Chanyeol, also known as the Happy Virus. Really tall, voice as deep as the ocean, and overall cute happy ball of sunshine.
Maknae (or youngest), Rapper and Dancer Sehun. Looks cold and serious but he's as dorky as the other members. He doesn't like being called 'cute', he prefers to be called 'cool'. Pretty flower boy, his hair has changed colors so many times they once decided to give him rainbow hair.
Main Vocalist Baekhyun, nicknamed Bacon. High notes, voice as rich as melted gold, and eyeliner game hella strong.
Main Vocalist D.O., also known as Squishy because most of the time you just wanna smooch him and bathe in his squishiness. He can also act creepy so we call him Satan too. Big eyes, heart-shaped lips, really nice voice and his english is sexy as hell. Fun fact: he looks yummy with red hair.
Main Dancer and Face of the Group Kai, also a maknae since he's Sehun's age. Gorgeous, happy puppy with a face sculpted by gods. Enters the "Kai Zone" when performing, and his face changes from handsome, innocent kid to devilishly sexy incubus.

EXO-M
Leader and Main Rapper Kris, nicknamed Picasso. He's Chinese-Canadian, and there was a time when we thought he was this quiet and smart guy, but he proved us wrong. He's the tallest of the entire group, and his voice is also thick and manly. Also, he's frigging hot.
Lead Rapper and Maknae Tao, commonly known as Kung Fu Panda, or Gucci Panda. He's Chinese, and also practices martial arts. Another flower boy (yeah, pretty much everyone in EXO is gorgeous), but this one is very aware of it and likes to torture us. Fun fact: he REALLY loves taking selcas (or selfies).
Main Vocalist Chen, nicknamed Dancing Machine and Chen Chen. Superb looks, pretty smile, and can go from cute dorky kitty to smexy shojo manga prince. Can hit really high notes, and his adam's apple and neck veins are very popular in the fandom.
Lead Vocalist and Face of the Group Luhan, he's also Chinese and his nicknames are Marilyn Monroe, Little Deer and Cute Little Prince. He is painfully beautiful, and his voice is soothing like honey and captivating like a rainbow after the storm.
Lead Vocalist and Lead Dancer Xiumin, also known as Baozi. He's the oldest of the group, and quite possibly the cutest. Other members call him a 'high note master', and he proved in Weekly Idol that he can indeed reach high notes. He doesn't have many lines, which is a shame because he has a great voice. Also, his anime hair and eyebrow game is hella strong too.
Image Image
Main Dancer Lay, the last Chinese member and the one we call '.jpg' because in almost all of the group's public appearances he's remained still like a picture. Other nicknames are Unicorn and Stealer of Hearts, because even if you're not Lay-biased, you will still fall a little (or a lot) in love with him. Most adorable ball of fluffiness ever. He's very forgetful and lives in his own world most of the time. When he smiles, the world becomes a brighter place (he's my favorite, so I'm being a little biased here, sorry 'bout that). Also...DIMPLES.
Image Image

And that's it. Long ass post. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Hope it helped! :)
Last edited by GreyLadyHelenaR on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeletedUser160413

#27 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

GreyLadyHelenaR wrote:
try10 wrote:Also, let me give you a quick intro to EXO: They're divided into EXO-K (promotes and sings in Korean) and EXO-M (promotes and sings in mandarin). There's 12 members and all but 4 of them are korean. EXO are still rookies (they debuted in 2012) but they have a huge, HUGE fandom and they're very popular.
They are so hot O_O

pyopyon
Veteran

#28 Post by pyopyon »

GreyLadyHelenaR wrote:I'm gonna have so much fun playing this when it comes out. Just thinking about all the inside jokes we have makes me start giggling. Can't wait to play our lovely Picasso's route! I just know it's going to be hilarious. Ahh...Yixing's route is the one I'm really excited about (he's my bias, after all), but Xiumin and Squishy are adorable so I'm probably gonna be squealing and clapping like a retarded seal by the end of their routes too.
I wish you the best of lucks!! EXO hwaiting!! :)
I tried to find a good balance so there are jokes but there's not so many that a person completely unfamiliar with
try10 wrote:Ummm...can anyone recommend me a show or something to get to know the guys? I very bad with names :oops: ( especially korean ones since they're wierd :cry: ) and I would really appreciate it. I want to play this game badly when it's released, but I'm afraid that I won't understand anything :? . Thank you in advance. :)
Haha, it's okay to be bad with names, but to say that Korean names are weird isn't very polite, considering that Korean culture, these names are normal. In any case, the game is like any other otome, so I doubt you'll have issues (it's not like all 12 are thrown at you suddenly, haha. I did make a break down post, but seems it's already been done for you! wipes tears ahhh i wish i saw this earlier, i love talking about exo... but alas. In any case, the only thing I'll add is:

The Growl MV!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUs-hBjU9w8 -- this is the music video with the school concept, which inspired this game!
muniiam wrote:They are so hot O_O
Yes. Yes they are. Tbh, I could've used photo renders since they're so handsome already-- LOL

...That reminds me. I totally didn't update the chart. LOL

Sorry about that!

I'll do it right now! I'm just trying to finish this one part before I do.
Image ImageImage

ixWishing
Veteran

#29 Post by ixWishing »

I searched up "kpop" and I ended up finding this gem here ~ ♪
I applaud you for going out and making a kpop visual novel! I've always wanted to do an ShineeExo one, but I couldn't think of a good storyline + I was afraid of Copyright issues/issues with wondering if I would get in trouble by SM for doing so xD

Anyways, one thing that makes me wonder is, will you be using any of Exo's songs as bgm? (I'm not sure if this was asked already, since I didn't go through the comments ><)
Also, can you show us a screenshot or 2 of the Exo guy sprites? That would be lovely if you did so! Anyways, good luck on finishing this! ♥
- Everlasting Dreams ;

pyopyon
Veteran

#30 Post by pyopyon »

ixWishing wrote:I searched up "kpop" and I ended up finding this gem here ~ ♪
I applaud you for going out and making a kpop visual novel! I've always wanted to do an ShineeExo one, but I couldn't think of a good storyline + I was afraid of Copyright issues/issues with wondering if I would get in trouble by SM for doing so xD

Anyways, one thing that makes me wonder is, will you be using any of Exo's songs as bgm? (I'm not sure if this was asked already, since I didn't go through the comments ><)
Also, can you show us a screenshot or 2 of the Exo guy sprites? That would be lovely if you did so! Anyways, good luck on finishing this! ♥
Oh, cool~! Can someone Google XOXO Academy and see what comes up? I wonder if it's this game... (That would make me MAJORLY happy, but I doubt it... at least until it's released, of course.) Well, I'm sure that if you don't charge for it, it'll be okay! And I applaud you because 17 people in a K Pop Visual novel! Amazing, LOL. I'm struggling with 12. But nah, you shouldn't worry too much about it. If fan fiction is legal, how in the world is a visual novel any different? Just because they're pictures? *lifts shoulders* I'm not too worried, lol.

I will! They're all music box versions though, made by youtube user dycel10, but yes, in effect, EXO songs as bgm are used.

Last but not least, unfortunately, I can't. There is a new artist and so the sprites will be finished. That's all I can tell you at this point.

You don't have to read the thread, but I do recommend reading the first post. OuO b Thanks for stopping by /o/
Image ImageImage