XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO] [Complete!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#31 Post by pyopyon »

Finally updated that pesky chart! Sorry for the delay....
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Luminar
Regular

#32 Post by Luminar »

I applaud you for going out and making a kpop visual novel! I've always wanted to do an ShineeExo one, but I couldn't think of a good storyline + I was afraid of Copyright issues/issues with wondering if I would get in trouble by SM for doing so xD
Ohmigosh. xD If you did plan to make one, I'll definitely be there to support you since I just so freakingly love those two groups. Lmao, I don't think anything would happen. Maybe you'll have to mention somewhere that those beautiful guys belong to SM andsadlynotyours.
Oh, cool~! Can someone Google XOXO Academy and see what comes up? I wonder if it's this game... (That would make me MAJORLY happy, but I doubt it... at least until it's released, of course.)
Google searched it. Well, believe it or not but your game did come up. ;D
I will! They're all music box versions though, made by youtube user dycel10, but yes, in effect, EXO songs as bgm are used.
WOOHOOO~~!! I can definitely tell that I'll enjoy playing the game and probably keep humming the songs while I play, maybe even sing it. xD Yeah, cuz I'm weird just like that. ;P
Finally updated that pesky chart! Sorry for the delay....
Gosh I feel like giving you a hug on how hard you're working for this game. ;A; Don't push yourself though and remember to rest well. Wouldn't want the game to take a toll on your health. ;D I know I've said this countless of times and it might sound a bit insincere and overused, but good luck in the game!! I can tell that it's tiring to write 26 endings.

Oh and congrats for getting a new artist. ;3 Pretty excited since everything seems to be progressing well. ;]
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

pyopyon
Veteran

#33 Post by pyopyon »

ARGH I'M SO DUMB

I just looked at the chart and I accidentally replaced the updated chart with.......... the same picture orz;;;;

so NOW it's updated. Sighs.
Image ImageImage

ixWishing
Veteran

#34 Post by ixWishing »

pyopyon wrote:
ixWishing wrote:I searched up "kpop" and I ended up finding this gem here ~ ♪
I applaud you for going out and making a kpop visual novel! I've always wanted to do an ShineeExo one, but I couldn't think of a good storyline + I was afraid of Copyright issues/issues with wondering if I would get in trouble by SM for doing so xD

Anyways, one thing that makes me wonder is, will you be using any of Exo's songs as bgm? (I'm not sure if this was asked already, since I didn't go through the comments ><)
Also, can you show us a screenshot or 2 of the Exo guy sprites? That would be lovely if you did so! Anyways, good luck on finishing this! ♥
Oh, cool~! Can someone Google XOXO Academy and see what comes up? I wonder if it's this game... (That would make me MAJORLY happy, but I doubt it... at least until it's released, of course.) Well, I'm sure that if you don't charge for it, it'll be okay! And I applaud you because 17 people in a K Pop Visual novel! Amazing, LOL. I'm struggling with 12. But nah, you shouldn't worry too much about it. If fan fiction is legal, how in the world is a visual novel any different? Just because they're pictures? *lifts shoulders* I'm not too worried, lol.

I will! They're all music box versions though, made by youtube user dycel10, but yes, in effect, EXO songs as bgm are used.

Last but not least, unfortunately, I can't. There is a new artist and so the sprites will be finished. That's all I can tell you at this point.

You don't have to read the thread, but I do recommend reading the first post. OuO b Thanks for stopping by /o/
Haha, yea I read the first post before commenting though ;d
I was thinking that too, since on asianfanfics there's like 200k+ exo fics LOL. (And none got reported by SM or anything, so hmm)

But I heard horror stories where some people made fangames of a certain games they liked, and the company made them take it down, even though they worked so hard on it ;A; ( Most people say "The more attention your game gets, the higher the chance the company will notice it and may make you take it down" or something, so yea I was afraid ;__; )

Oh gosh, 17 people in 1 Visual Novel is a lot of work LOL... And imagine the word count + size of the file! xD
I was actually planning to split it into 2-3 Visual novels ;v; (Like one Shinee visual novel, but with mentions & cameos of Exo, then another Exo one that also mentions/features Shinee xD)

But then again, there was someone/people who made a SHINee dating sim in the past and I don't think SM reported them or anything...
So I guess it should be fine! I pray that your Visual novel won't get reported in any case! (:
I might have the courage to start writing now! (I got the basic idea + setting for my Visual Novel, but I just don't know how to work it out, with a proper route for each guy xD)
Luminar wrote:
Ohmigosh. xD If you did plan to make one, I'll definitely be there to support you since I just so freakingly love those two groups. Lmao, I don't think anything would happen. Maybe you'll have to mention somewhere that those beautiful guys belong to SM andsadlynotyours.
Thank you! TwT
And yeah, I should state some brief copyright issues in the beginning of the game + ending credits to make sure ;A;
My Visual Novel might not be Ot17 together in 1 Visual Novel (Imagine the word count + file size!) So I might just split them into 2-3 Visual Novels (No idea if I should do Exo-K and Exo-M split or together, haha;;)
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Luminar
Regular

#35 Post by Luminar »

Woah, the game is progressing real well if you ask me. O.o
BTW, are the ones with hearts and a '-' mean that you're halfway done??
Oooohhh... O.o one and a half hearts left for Chanyeol's route. xD Can't blame me, I notice my bias the most. ;P Kind of excited on Tao's route since you did posted some sneak peak of his route on the tumblr blog about this game and it was so sweet. ;D
I'm pretty sure you'll make it in time on the release date. Maybe even finish earlier than you expected and ended up having some more time to polish it.
But then again, there was someone/people who made a SHINee dating sim in the past and I don't think SM reported them or anything...
So I guess it should be fine! I pray that your Visual novel won't get reported in any case! (:
I might have the courage to start writing now! (I got the basic idea + setting for my Visual Novel, but I just don't know how to work it out, with a proper route for each guy xD)
I played that game, it's unfinished but still fun to play. xD
Hehehe, I'm getting more and more visual novels to play then...
Thank you! TwT
And yeah, I should state some brief copyright issues in the beginning of the game + ending credits to make sure ;A;
My Visual Novel might not be Ot17 together in 1 Visual Novel (Imagine the word count + file size!) So I might just split them into 2-3 Visual Novels (No idea if I should do Exo-K and Exo-M split or together, haha;;)
Welcome!!
Yep. xD Better be safe than sorry, right??
O.o WOW. Yeah, it's probably gonna be very huge if you did shove in all 17 of them in the VN. [Huge sized games means more work and bugs to fix. ;A;]
Oooohh... Hmm, actually I think 6 guys in a VN already means a lot of work, what more 12 guys? So yeah, I would also be satisfied to play a game with only 6 guys. ;P You could even split them in 4s or 3s. xD Wouldn't want anyone to be pressured to do something that's supposed to be fun for everyone. That's why I kind of respect pyopyon for being able to pull 12 guys off. ;3

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

pyopyon
Veteran

#36 Post by pyopyon »

ixWishing wrote:Haha, yea I read the first post before commenting though ;d
I was thinking that too, since on asianfanfics there's like 200k+ exo fics LOL. (And none got reported by SM or anything, so hmm)

But I heard horror stories where some people made fangames of a certain games they liked, and the company made them take it down, even though they worked so hard on it ;A; ( Most people say "The more attention your game gets, the higher the chance the company will notice it and may make you take it down" or something, so yea I was afraid ;__; )

Oh gosh, 17 people in 1 Visual Novel is a lot of work LOL... And imagine the word count + size of the file! xD
I was actually planning to split it into 2-3 Visual novels ;v; (Like one Shinee visual novel, but with mentions & cameos of Exo, then another Exo one that also mentions/features Shinee xD)

I've seen like an EXO dating sim before-- but just one, with I think only some of the members... and for the most part it was a parody one where they "tlked lik dis". But that's waaay, way back, haha. I think they're making a sequel to include EXO M's characters because they got such a good response! I've seen a VIXX parody one and I actually didn't know about the SHINee one but it looks cute! I'll definitely play when it's finished!

I'm really not worried! It's a fan fiction with pictures! And I credit SM appropriately in the credits, haha. Go ahead! It seems like it'd be really cute and I would soooo play it!

And this wasn't said to me but.... I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ADVOCATE THE SPLIT INTO EXO K AND EXO M. I'M TOO FAR ALONG BY NOW, BUT IF I COULD GO BACK AND TIME AND CHANGE ONE THING, IT WOULD BE THAT. orz;;
Luminar wrote:Woah, the game is progressing real well if you ask me. O.o
BTW, are the ones with hearts and a '-' mean that you're halfway done??
Oooohhh... O.o one and a half hearts left for Chanyeol's route. xD Can't blame me, I notice my bias the most. ;P Kind of excited on Tao's route since you did posted some sneak peak of his route on the tumblr blog about this game and it was so sweet. ;D
I'm pretty sure you'll make it in time on the release date. Maybe even finish earlier than you expected and ended up having some more time to polish it.
The ones with the dash and the hearts are indeed halfway done! Chanyeol's route is fun to write because he's such a dork, haha. Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to post more route sneak peeks, but it hasn't happened yet, lol. Lemme get on that, hahaha. Well, that would be amazing! If I finish the script by Friday (my goal), then I can work out all the kinks. Honestly, coding wise, there's only one major kink-- Luhan's path. orz;;;;; Luhan's path has this computer screen and for some reason the shut down button is being funky. Ah, well.
Image ImageImage

ixWishing
Veteran

#37 Post by ixWishing »

pyopyon wrote:
ixWishing wrote:Haha, yea I read the first post before commenting though ;d

I've seen like an EXO dating sim before-- but just one, with I think only some of the members... and for the most part it was a parody one where they "tlked lik dis". But that's waaay, way back, haha. I think they're making a sequel to include EXO M's characters because they got such a good response! I've seen a VIXX parody one and I actually didn't know about the SHINee one but it looks cute! I'll definitely play when it's finished!

I'm really not worried! It's a fan fiction with pictures! And I credit SM appropriately in the credits, haha. Go ahead! It seems like it'd be really cute and I would soooo play it!

And this wasn't said to me but.... I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ADVOCATE THE SPLIT INTO EXO K AND EXO M. I'M TOO FAR ALONG BY NOW, BUT IF I COULD GO BACK AND TIME AND CHANGE ONE THING, IT WOULD BE THAT. orz;;
Ah yeah, I played the parody one before too for exo lol. It was called "Sexo" or something.
I don't think there'll be a sequel for the parody though, since I read that the creator wouldn't be doing it anymore ;A;
The SHINee one is a dating sim (Talking makes you lose health, and you have to sleep to regain more health... Gotta work to make $ to buy stuff, etc) and it's in Korean only ;A; I don't think it's up online anymore though ):

Ahh, haha, yeah, I might split the VN up now if that's recommended (I was most likely going to split it up anyways though xD)
- Everlasting Dreams ;

pyopyon
Veteran

#38 Post by pyopyon »

I'm so sorry that I haven't been replying ;~;, i'm really working like crazy to meet my deadline (it's in three days) so I can get the comepleted script to the artist! DX

Another chart update.
Image ImageImage

Luminar
Regular

#39 Post by Luminar »

The ones with the dash and the hearts are indeed halfway done! Chanyeol's route is fun to write because he's such a dork, haha. Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to post more route sneak peeks, but it hasn't happened yet, lol. Lemme get on that, hahaha. Well, that would be amazing! If I finish the script by Friday (my goal), then I can work out all the kinks. Honestly, coding wise, there's only one major kink-- Luhan's path. orz;;;;; Luhan's path has this computer screen and for some reason the shut down button is being funky. Ah, well.
Ohohohoho, he's definitely one of the dorkiest ones in the group. xD He's also a derp. xP Hehehe, I saw Bacon's sneak peak. Omigosh, I can sense mild ChanBaek moment here. xDD JK, I dun really ship SHIP them, just think that their really sweet friends. ;D Baekhyun's so cute. Seriously, he is. Wait, what, Friday?? Wow, that's like so fast. .-. Seriously, dun push yourself. ;P I admit, coding is definitely something hard to do. ;A; I have no talents in coding but I definitely wish you the best of luck in it, if you really don't know what to do, you could ask for help. I'm pretty sure anyone wouldn't mind to help you out.
I'm so sorry that I haven't been replying ;~;, i'm really working like crazy to meet my deadline (it's in three days) so I can get the completed script to the artist! DX

Another chart update.
Again don't force yourself too much, it's not good for your health. ;P Gosh, sorry for sounding naggy here. xDD Wouldn't want you to faint/ get sick. But if it's really a must to finish the script so fast, good luck. I'm sure you can make it so no stress. The progression of the game is coming along very well and there's like just a few hearts left so you can do it. You definitely can. Just that if you feel a bit tired and that your eyes are a bit tired from staring at the screen too long, you should just leave the computer, then head to the kitchen for cookies and milk. xD Food always help. Oh and drinks help too. SO yeah, take care.

pyopyon
Veteran

#40 Post by pyopyon »

Luminar wrote:Ohohohoho, he's definitely one of the dorkiest ones in the group. xD He's also a derp. xP Hehehe, I saw Bacon's sneak peak. Omigosh, I can sense mild ChanBaek moment here. xDD JK, I dun really ship SHIP them, just think that their really sweet friends. ;D Baekhyun's so cute. Seriously, he is. Wait, what, Friday?? Wow, that's like so fast. .-. Seriously, dun push yourself. ;P I admit, coding is definitely something hard to do. ;A; I have no talents in coding but I definitely wish you the best of luck in it, if you really don't know what to do, you could ask for help. I'm pretty sure anyone wouldn't mind to help you out.

Again don't force yourself too much, it's not good for your health. ;P Gosh, sorry for sounding naggy here. xDD Wouldn't want you to faint/ get sick. But if it's really a must to finish the script so fast, good luck. I'm sure you can make it so no stress. The progression of the game is coming along very well and there's like just a few hearts left so you can do it. You definitely can. Just that if you feel a bit tired and that your eyes are a bit tired from staring at the screen too long, you should just leave the computer, then head to the kitchen for cookies and milk. xD Food always help. Oh and drinks help too. SO yeah, take care.
Haha, how lucky for me-- I was just doing my morning pop in before getting to work on the script when I saw this. In any case-- there's a lot of little links in the game... I don't actually ship any K-Pop pairings, so there's nothing like that, but there are little relationship links that I think people will like... ChanBaek have a lot of banter. XD On the 'Meet the Characters' page, I only mention that it's a rivalry, which is... sort of the truth. Haha, you'll just have to see.

YEAH IT'S SUPER CLOSE. I want to finish the script on Friday and then edit it for a few days for things like plot consistency, spelling, grammar. Since I'm rushing so much, these little things are way annoying to check since I'll have to play through every path... sighs aloud.

You sound exactly like my friend, haha. She'll be like "good morning! did you sleep well?" and I'm like "cAN'T FINISHING LUHAN'S DAY2" and things like that. She gets so mad at me and tells me the same thing. Ah, well, I'll be fine when I finish though I do think I'm catching a cold, haha. Ahh... there's only milk in my house... eh, I'll drink it anyway. ;^) Haha, thank you for the encouragement & concern! I will work hard to finish Chanyeol & Luhan's paths today!
Image ImageImage

Luminar
Regular

#41 Post by Luminar »

Haha, how lucky for me-- I was just doing my morning pop in before getting to work on the script when I saw this. In any case-- there's a lot of little links in the game... I don't actually ship any K-Pop pairings, so there's nothing like that, but there are little relationship links that I think people will like... ChanBaek have a lot of banter. XD On the 'Meet the Characters' page, I only mention that it's a rivalry, which is... sort of the truth. Haha, you'll just have to see.

YEAH IT'S SUPER CLOSE. I want to finish the script on Friday and then edit it for a few days for things like plot consistency, spelling, grammar. Since I'm rushing so much, these little things are way annoying to check since I'll have to play through every path... sighs aloud.

You sound exactly like my friend, haha. She'll be like "good morning! did you sleep well?" and I'm like "cAN'T FINISHING LUHAN'S DAY2" and things like that. She gets so mad at me and tells me the same thing. Ah, well, I'll be fine when I finish though I do think I'm catching a cold, haha. Ahh... there's only milk in my house... eh, I'll drink it anyway. ;^) Haha, thank you for the encouragement & concern! I will work hard to finish Chanyeol & Luhan's paths today!
xDD Yep. I can see that pretty clearly. I'm so excited now. Lol, the both of them are just so cute sometimes. ;D The fact that the both of them are kind of like bias-wreckers makes it worse. xP

Wow, it sure is. xD Actually, it's today since I reply super late.;A; Sorry for that. Oooohh... xDDD You know, u could actually ask your artist or a beta-tester to beta-test for you. ;p Like that you won't go through the trouble to play it over and over again. Well, if u really plan to do it by yourself, i seriously applaud for how hardworking you are.

=.= Gosh, now YOU sounded like my friend. xDDD She's also kind of reckless and doesn't usually care about her health that much if it's about a job that needs to be done. I guess that's how I can got that type of nagging atittude. Seriously, I find myself acting a bit older than myself. O.o Woah, then there's even more reason for you to rest. xDD I lurve milk, it calms me down. Actually every foods calm me down, hehe guess that's why I'm plum. Seeing that you said that two days ago, Channie's path is probably already done now. ;D But hey, don't push yourself you know. ;P I'm pretty sure you'll have extra time. You're like rushing everything when there's like a lot of time left. Good luck, btw.

ixWishing
Veteran

#42 Post by ixWishing »

I went on the xoxo academy tumblr and I was reading the About Me section or something, and...
"What are your favorite groups?
EXO and VIXX (N-biased) are my number one groups. Just. Both of them, okay. Also, A Pink (Namjoo and/or Eunji biased), SHINee (Everyone-biased minus Taemin)"

WHaT. Image

Image how dare you, Taemin is perf )):<

Jkjk, Jokes aside I won't hurt you for not liking Tae xD;;
Anyways, nice progress right now! I do hope you'll finish by Exo's 2nd year anniversary! ^^
- Everlasting Dreams ;

pyopyon
Veteran

#43 Post by pyopyon »

another chart update.

agh, im so sleepy.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#44 Post by pyopyon »

Luminar wrote:xDD Yep. I can see that pretty clearly. I'm so excited now. Lol, the both of them are just so cute sometimes. ;D The fact that the both of them are kind of like bias-wreckers makes it worse. xP

Wow, it sure is. xD Actually, it's today since I reply super late.;A; Sorry for that. Oooohh... xDDD You know, u could actually ask your artist or a beta-tester to beta-test for you. ;p Like that you won't go through the trouble to play it over and over again. Well, if u really plan to do it by yourself, i seriously applaud for how hardworking you are.

=.= Gosh, now YOU sounded like my friend. xDDD She's also kind of reckless and doesn't usually care about her health that much if it's about a job that needs to be done. I guess that's how I can got that type of nagging atittude. Seriously, I find myself acting a bit older than myself. O.o Woah, then there's even more reason for you to rest. xDD I lurve milk, it calms me down. Actually every foods calm me down, hehe guess that's why I'm plum. Seeing that you said that two days ago, Channie's path is probably already done now. ;D But hey, don't push yourself you know. ;P I'm pretty sure you'll have extra time. You're like rushing everything when there's like a lot of time left. Good luck, btw.
Ohhh, my bias wrecker is definitely Baekhyun. He's so cute and ahhh his eyes are so pretty and I just *swoons* It's fine! I ended up not being able to finish the script ;m; My computer went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up and so I lost a good section of it... //weeps// I would be done Chanyeol by now DX

Nah, I have to go through it anyway to put all the sprites and things in, so I don't mind-- plus it's a good way for me to add bits and pieces in. Haha, thank you! I appreciate the complement--

LOL, high five to your friend! Only maybe not because making people worry about me does make me feel a bit bad, haha. In any case, it's okay! I also have a nagging type friend, and I admit I like it a litle bit. Makes me feel cared for, haha. I LOVE MILK TOO AHHH. It's just so delicious and creamy... ahh, I could drink it with any and every meal (and sometimes I do, to the chagrin of my family, haha. I think I got it from my grandpop... Amd it's good to enjoy food! So hex yeah!

I actually have a lot more to do after the script is done... orz;; I have the 12 unlockable menus to finish, for one thing, plus I've got to put in the emotions for the sprite. This game is 67k+ words in dialogue so I have to go through it for every time the protagonist speaks... orz;; so many faces @__@ it's going to take a lifetime, haha. Plus, then I have to put the other sprites in (the EXO ones, I mean.) Then I have to go through the code to make sure all the menus works... Agh, one of them is messing up, and I think I broke the save feature somehow ;~; ...I need as much time as possible to get this done, haha. Trust me, I'm not rushing. XD
ixWishing wrote:I went on the xoxo academy tumblr and I was reading the About Me section or something, and...
"What are your favorite groups?
EXO and VIXX (N-biased) are my number one groups. Just. Both of them, okay. Also, A Pink (Namjoo and/or Eunji biased), SHINee (Everyone-biased minus Taemin)"

WHaT. Image

Image how dare you, Taemin is perf )):<

Jkjk, Jokes aside I won't hurt you for not liking Tae xD;;
Anyways, nice progress right now! I do hope you'll finish by Exo's 2nd year anniversary! ^^
LOOOLLL I'M SORRY HE'S JUST NOT FOR ME-- If it makes you feel any better, I've never liked Taemin, so... uh.... more for you? D^:

orz;;
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#45 Post by pyopyon »

Another chart update! Also Chen's description has been changed (because I rewrote his entire path from scratch, haha.)

Last but not least, I changed the Creator Comments and blah bit. uwu7

Happy reading! /o/
Image ImageImage