XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO] [Complete!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Luminar
Regular

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#46 Post by Luminar »

pyopyon wrote: Ohhh, my bias wrecker is definitely Baekhyun. He's so cute and ahhh his eyes are so pretty and I just *swoons* It's fine! I ended up not being able to finish the script ;m; My computer went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up and so I lost a good section of it... //weeps// I would be done Chanyeol by now DX

Nah, I have to go through it anyway to put all the sprites and things in, so I don't mind-- plus it's a good way for me to add bits and pieces in. Haha, thank you! I appreciate the complement--

LOL, high five to your friend! Only maybe not because making people worry about me does make me feel a bit bad, haha. In any case, it's okay! I also have a nagging type friend, and I admit I like it a litle bit. Makes me feel cared for, haha. I LOVE MILK TOO AHHH. It's just so delicious and creamy... ahh, I could drink it with any and every meal (and sometimes I do, to the chagrin of my family, haha. I think I got it from my grandpop... Amd it's good to enjoy food! So hex yeah!

I actually have a lot more to do after the script is done... orz;; I have the 12 unlockable menus to finish, for one thing, plus I've got to put in the emotions for the sprite. This game is 67k+ words in dialogue so I have to go through it for every time the protagonist speaks... orz;; so many faces @__@ it's going to take a lifetime, haha. Plus, then I have to put the other sprites in (the EXO ones, I mean.) Then I have to go through the code to make sure all the menus works... Agh, one of them is messing up, and I think I broke the save feature somehow ;~; ...I need as much time as possible to get this done, haha. Trust me, I'm not rushing. XD
;A; Gosh, that must've sucked. TTATT I understand the pain of rewriting stuff over again. I seriously wish you the best of luck but yeah, wish I could help. ;P Woah, you sure are working hard doing all the work by yourself. /claps for you like a seal

xDD Really?? My friend says that it gets annoying sometimes but in the end she obeys me. ;P Yep!! ;D Milk's one of my favorite drinks. xDD Hahaha, yeah, food is definitely something enjoyable, especially when you're tired and need some calming down to do.

O.O OMIGOSH, THAT SOUNDS LIKE TONS OF WORK. ;A; I seriously cannot imagine doing this since I might actually break down ;A; You seriously shouldn't rush this and I'm glad that you're not cuz I'm pretty sure any human being on Earth would go sane trying to finish this whole thing in a few days time. .-. So yeah, good luck!!! ;D
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#47 Post by Chasing Summer »

You seem to be making a lot of progress with the game which is absolutely fantastic!

I assume you found a new artist?
new account: sonnenblumen

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#48 Post by pyopyon »

Luminar wrote:;A; Gosh, that must've sucked. TTATT I understand the pain of rewriting stuff over again. I seriously wish you the best of luck but yeah, wish I could help. ;P Woah, you sure are working hard doing all the work by yourself. /claps for you like a seal

xDD Really?? My friend says that it gets annoying sometimes but in the end she obeys me. ;P Yep!! ;D Milk's one of my favorite drinks. xDD Hahaha, yeah, food is definitely something enjoyable, especially when you're tired and need some calming down to do.

O.O OMIGOSH, THAT SOUNDS LIKE TONS OF WORK. ;A; I seriously cannot imagine doing this since I might actually break down ;A; You seriously shouldn't rush this and I'm glad that you're not cuz I'm pretty sure any human being on Earth would go sane trying to finish this whole thing in a few days time. .-. So yeah, good luck!!! ;D
The dictionary example of sucking, if I'm quite honest XD Thanks a lot! I'm also working on NaNoReNo so for the most part I spend my time writing or thinking about writing or wanting to write. I kind of like it XD So many ideas spinning in my head, you know? *throws you a ball to balance on your nose* Hahaha.

Thankfully, I've been writing so much for so long, I'm used to it for the most part! When I put the script through the LINT checker, it said that the game is 73k words in dialogue! I'm pretty happy with my work load, especially considering like two weeks ago it was about 51k in words. Maybe I'm an alien from EXOPLANET... *doctor who theme*
Chasing Summer wrote:You seem to be making a lot of progress with the game which is absolutely fantastic!

I assume you found a new artist?
Thank you! I actually only have one part of the script left to write /o/

And I did! /o/ She wants to keep herself anonymous though, so I won't be able to reveal any art pre-release )^:
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

pyopyon
Veteran

#49 Post by pyopyon »

So, I finally finished the script!

Not that it means I get a reprieve. XD
Image ImageImage

TheOneTwo
Regular

#50 Post by TheOneTwo »

oh my god. oh my god. oh. my. god.

so you're an exo stan, too? xD i never expected a fellow exo stan to be here. and you also made a game about it. gosh. x)
i'm so surprised.

anyways, good luck on your work! kkaebsong~
Bish please, I'm fab.

pyopyon
Veteran

#51 Post by pyopyon »

TheOneTwo wrote:oh my god. oh my god. oh. my. god.

so you're an exo stan, too? xD i never expected a fellow exo stan to be here. and you also made a game about it. gosh. x)
i'm so surprised.

anyways, good luck on your work! kkaebsong~
Hahaha, I'm actually a VIXX stan, but I really love EXO!! (Clearly, haha). And I did! Release is so soon, I'm nervous!!

Thank you so much! #Go hard or Go ohorat
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#52 Post by pyopyon »

I finished fleshing out the paths-- now all I'm doing is waiting for art. :'^)

So I get a nice little break, yay!

There's still a major error in which I somehow broke the save function, but... I've already asked for help so hopefully that can get fixed, haha.

XOXO Academy's word total is 81,7k! So ALMOST 82k words in dialogue alone!

I'm still pretty sure the we'll make deadline!

If the save option is still broken and everything else is done, I'll release it as a beta until it can get fixed! Embarrassing enough, yes, but ey?
Image ImageImage

TheGreatTheorist

#53 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

Wow, cool! My sister should be delighted with this since she's also exo stan. It should be perfect for her welcome gift!

I suppose it won't be commercial, right? (My bad, it's an unnecessary question)

pyopyon
Veteran

#54 Post by pyopyon »

Yay, EXO stans!

I hope she enjoys it-- and nope, not commercial.

As free as the breeze~~~~!

==========

So the save thing has been fixed finally-- all I have to do now is fix the OTHER error and then... tadah! All done with the technical stuff! /o/
Image ImageImage

ixWishing
Veteran

#55 Post by ixWishing »

pyopyon wrote:
Luminar wrote:xDD Yep. I can see that pretty clearly. I'm so excited now. Lol, the both of them are just so cute sometimes. ;D The fact that the both of them are kind of like bias-wreckers makes it worse. xP

Wow, it sure is. xD Actually, it's today since I reply super late.;A; Sorry for that. Oooohh... xDDD You know, u could actually ask your artist or a beta-tester to beta-test for you. ;p Like that you won't go through the trouble to play it over and over again. Well, if u really plan to do it by yourself, i seriously applaud for how hardworking you are.

=.= Gosh, now YOU sounded like my friend. xDDD She's also kind of reckless and doesn't usually care about her health that much if it's about a job that needs to be done. I guess that's how I can got that type of nagging atittude. Seriously, I find myself acting a bit older than myself. O.o Woah, then there's even more reason for you to rest. xDD I lurve milk, it calms me down. Actually every foods calm me down, hehe guess that's why I'm plum. Seeing that you said that two days ago, Channie's path is probably already done now. ;D But hey, don't push yourself you know. ;P I'm pretty sure you'll have extra time. You're like rushing everything when there's like a lot of time left. Good luck, btw.
Ohhh, my bias wrecker is definitely Baekhyun. He's so cute and ahhh his eyes are so pretty and I just *swoons* It's fine! I ended up not being able to finish the script ;m; My computer went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up and so I lost a good section of it... //weeps// I would be done Chanyeol by now DX

Nah, I have to go through it anyway to put all the sprites and things in, so I don't mind-- plus it's a good way for me to add bits and pieces in. Haha, thank you! I appreciate the complement--

LOL, high five to your friend! Only maybe not because making people worry about me does make me feel a bit bad, haha. In any case, it's okay! I also have a nagging type friend, and I admit I like it a litle bit. Makes me feel cared for, haha. I LOVE MILK TOO AHHH. It's just so delicious and creamy... ahh, I could drink it with any and every meal (and sometimes I do, to the chagrin of my family, haha. I think I got it from my grandpop... Amd it's good to enjoy food! So hex yeah!

I actually have a lot more to do after the script is done... orz;; I have the 12 unlockable menus to finish, for one thing, plus I've got to put in the emotions for the sprite. This game is 67k+ words in dialogue so I have to go through it for every time the protagonist speaks... orz;; so many faces @__@ it's going to take a lifetime, haha. Plus, then I have to put the other sprites in (the EXO ones, I mean.) Then I have to go through the code to make sure all the menus works... Agh, one of them is messing up, and I think I broke the save feature somehow ;~; ...I need as much time as possible to get this done, haha. Trust me, I'm not rushing. XD
ixWishing wrote:I went on the xoxo academy tumblr and I was reading the About Me section or something, and...
"What are your favorite groups?
EXO and VIXX (N-biased) are my number one groups. Just. Both of them, okay. Also, A Pink (Namjoo and/or Eunji biased), SHINee (Everyone-biased minus Taemin)"

WHaT. Image

Image how dare you, Taemin is perf )):<

Jkjk, Jokes aside I won't hurt you for not liking Tae xD;;
Anyways, nice progress right now! I do hope you'll finish by Exo's 2nd year anniversary! ^^
LOOOLLL I'M SORRY HE'S JUST NOT FOR ME-- If it makes you feel any better, I've never liked Taemin, so... uh.... more for you? D^:

orz;;
Haha, I was just joking! A lot of my friends don't like him/make fun of him TT__TT
So I'm used to people not liking my bias, but it's okay, everyone's taste in biases are different xD

Anyways, progress looks nice! Everyone's routes look done, except that you're giving a few routes touch ups ~
Just 2 more days till Exo's anniversary! ^^
I'll help out reblog posts for the game once it's up for downloading!

P.S. Will you mind if I ever asked/bothered you to help me in making a vn, if I ever do make one? TwT
You really inspired me to start thinking out for a vn, haha ;v;
But I'm total crap at coding/programming, so I probably will have trouble for even finishing a vn xD
- Everlasting Dreams ;

pyopyon
Veteran

#56 Post by pyopyon »

Updated the creator comments & blah section as well as minor updates on the first post!

___
ixWishing wrote:Haha, I was just joking! A lot of my friends don't like him/make fun of him TT__TT
So I'm used to people not liking my bias, but it's okay, everyone's taste in biases are different xD

Anyways, progress looks nice! Everyone's routes look done, except that you're giving a few routes touch ups ~
Just 2 more days till Exo's anniversary! ^^
I'll help out reblog posts for the game once it's up for downloading!

P.S. Will you mind if I ever asked/bothered you to help me in making a vn, if I ever do make one? TwT
You really inspired me to start thinking out for a vn, haha ;v;
But I'm total crap at coding/programming, so I probably will have trouble for even finishing a vn xD
PATS PATS PATS it's ok-- not everyone is evil incarnate biased accepting like you so I understand-- LOL BUT that's surprising! Only a few people I know don't like Taemin too much, so I'm surprised to hear you say that tbh!

Thank you v much! I touched up all the routes so they're approximately the same length. *shoulder lift* And I knooow, my dash is gonna be flooded (hopefully) with EXO gifs and things! /o/ That's nice of you! Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Sure thing! Honestly, I'm not exactly an experienced programmer-- XOXO Academy is my first project and I just read a lot of tutorials and asked LOADS of questions when I couldn't figure it out myself. But if you do need my help, I'll try my best! /o/

IDK most people's writing patterns but I think it's best to code and write at the same time. You get more done that way! (that's what I did-- and then when I finished something, I'd just launch it and make sure everything was all good.)
Image ImageImage

TheGreatTheorist

#57 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

Hi! How's the project going? Are you still having some troubles in hand?

pyopyon
Veteran

#58 Post by pyopyon »

TheGreatTheorist wrote:Hi! How's the project going? Are you still having some troubles in hand?
The project is totally done coding & scriptwise! The only thing is that I'm waiting for art, as some unexpected roadblocks came up for the artist.

My only trouble is exercising patience, I guess, haha;;

I'm sorry that the release is going to be late... I've adjusted the Creator Comments accordingly.
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#59 Post by pyopyon »

Phew, updating an ancient thread.

So after this, there were many artists! Two more came & went and finally I decided to split it up: one line-artist, one coloring & shading & one expressions artist.

It worked out really well! All of the guys have their base line art done, and thankfully by the miracle of EXO, there will be CGs, one per person. Right now, I don't want to say a release date because it tends to not be out on time, but, considering the speed at which it's getting done with three artists instead of one, I'll tentatively say June/July.

I'm updating the first post, so please be patient!
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

#60 Post by pyopyon »

Okay, the first post is updated, along with the screenshots.

Sorry for the delay. :^)
Image ImageImage