XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO] [Complete!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
ixWishing
Veteran
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: The City That Doesn't Sleep ♥
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#61 Post by ixWishing » Sun May 25, 2014 3:30 am

pyopyon wrote:Updated the creator comments & blah section as well as minor updates on the first post!

___
ixWishing wrote:Haha, I was just joking! A lot of my friends don't like him/make fun of him TT__TT
So I'm used to people not liking my bias, but it's okay, everyone's taste in biases are different xD

Anyways, progress looks nice! Everyone's routes look done, except that you're giving a few routes touch ups ~
Just 2 more days till Exo's anniversary! ^^
I'll help out reblog posts for the game once it's up for downloading!

P.S. Will you mind if I ever asked/bothered you to help me in making a vn, if I ever do make one? TwT
You really inspired me to start thinking out for a vn, haha ;v;
But I'm total crap at coding/programming, so I probably will have trouble for even finishing a vn xD
PATS PATS PATS it's ok-- not everyone is evil incarnate biased accepting like you so I understand-- LOL BUT that's surprising! Only a few people I know don't like Taemin too much, so I'm surprised to hear you say that tbh!

Thank you v much! I touched up all the routes so they're approximately the same length. *shoulder lift* And I knooow, my dash is gonna be flooded (hopefully) with EXO gifs and things! /o/ That's nice of you! Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Sure thing! Honestly, I'm not exactly an experienced programmer-- XOXO Academy is my first project and I just read a lot of tutorials and asked LOADS of questions when I couldn't figure it out myself. But if you do need my help, I'll try my best! /o/

IDK most people's writing patterns but I think it's best to code and write at the same time. You get more done that way! (that's what I did-- and then when I finished something, I'd just launch it and make sure everything was all good.)
Haha, biases are different for everyone, but it tends to be that most of my friends like the more masculine guys xD
... Hey I can't help it! I love them flower boys~~

And woohoo, if I do start on a vn, I shall contact you for help ;v; ~
I'm pretty sure your game will get at least 2k notes + a lot of screenshots on the game from others! ^^

Anyways, I'm liking the screenshots you posted up! The customization! Ooooo ;w;!!
And hurray, we can finally see the guys (kinda) lol~

I can't wait till it comes out! ^^
- Everlasting Dreams ;
Image

riri_near
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 am
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#62 Post by riri_near » Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 am

Aahhh! EXO! I'm glad I found this thread :D Looking forward to the release and good luck finishing the game!
(ps. My bias is Lay. Well, everyone from above mentioned their biases, so I did too)

autumnruby
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#63 Post by autumnruby » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Any updates on the game?

User avatar
Erikka
Regular
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#64 Post by Erikka » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:39 am

Looks interesting! I like that there is a possibility to customize the character! It's really cool. The only thing I don't like is that the main protagonist looks quite fat. The arms and shoulders are very manlish. She has palms of a big man)
However I will wait to try this game) it looks good)

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#65 Post by pyopyon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

autumnruby wrote:Any updates on the game?
Yes! I'm not quite ready to post them (because it's mostly coding stuff and I don't know how to show it.)

I'll probably post more pictures when more boys are finished!
Erikka wrote:Looks interesting! I like that there is a possibility to customize the character! It's really cool. The only thing I don't like is that the main protagonist looks quite fat. The arms and shoulders are very manlish. She has palms of a big man)
However I will wait to try this game) it looks good)
Although I appreciate your interest in XOXO Academy, I don't appreciate the way you phrased your comment. I actually did not draw the dress up girl, as she was done as a favor for me, but I have always liked her body shape and I dislike that you say that she is "fat" as though being fat is a negative aspect of a person.

In any case, if you have a problem with the hands, it'll most likely please you to know that you don't see them for any part of the game besides the dress up game, as for the rest of it, you only see shoulders and up.

Thank you for your interest.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

User avatar
Erikka
Regular
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#66 Post by Erikka » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 pm

pyopyon wrote:
autumnruby wrote:Any updates on the game?
Yes! I'm not quite ready to post them (because it's mostly coding stuff and I don't know how to show it.)

I'll probably post more pictures when more boys are finished!
Erikka wrote:Looks interesting! I like that there is a possibility to customize the character! It's really cool. The only thing I don't like is that the main protagonist looks quite fat. The arms and shoulders are very manlish. She has palms of a big man)
However I will wait to try this game) it looks good)
Although I appreciate your interest in XOXO Academy, I don't appreciate the way you phrased your comment. I actually did not draw the dress up girl, as she was done as a favor for me, but I have always liked her body shape and I dislike that you say that she is "fat" as though being fat is a negative aspect of a person.

In any case, if you have a problem with the hands, it'll most likely please you to know that you don't see them for any part of the game besides the dress up game, as for the rest of it, you only see shoulders and up.

Thank you for your interest.

I'm sorry. I did't mean to insult anybody. I just wrote my honest opinion. Do you want to hear what people really think about your project?
My personal opinion is that the protaginist looks a bit overweight. And yes, I don't think being fat is a positive aspect of a person.
But I repeat that it's only my thoughts. Everybody has the right to think differently.

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#67 Post by pyopyon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Erikka wrote:
I'm sorry. I did't mean to insult anybody. I just wrote my honest opinion. Do you want to hear what people really think about your project?
My personal opinion is that the protaginist looks a bit overweight. And yes, I don't think being fat is a positive aspect of a person.
But I repeat that it's only my thoughts. Everybody has the right to think differently.
You didn't mean to insult anyone but you did. You can have your opinion! I'm just letting you know that in my opinion. your opinion is trash, unwanted, unneeded and absolutely does not contribute anything at all to the making of this game.

Why don't you come up with a better hobby than inserting your opinions on people's body types when you (1) don't pay their bills, (2) don't contribute in anyway to their well-being, (3) think that "it's just an opinion!" is a plausible excuse to pass judgment where you aren't needed.

Because since you don't do any of those things, your opinion holds no weight, no influence and is thus disposable.

But that's just my opinion and I have the right to think differently. That said, look forward to the release.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

User avatar
philip
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: southeastern PA
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#68 Post by philip » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 pm

@pyopyon-

Bravo! Well said!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

User avatar
Erikka
Regular
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#69 Post by Erikka » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 am

pyopyon wrote:
Erikka wrote:
I'm sorry. I did't mean to insult anybody. I just wrote my honest opinion. Do you want to hear what people really think about your project?
My personal opinion is that the protaginist looks a bit overweight. And yes, I don't think being fat is a positive aspect of a person.
But I repeat that it's only my thoughts. Everybody has the right to think differently.
You didn't mean to insult anyone but you did. You can have your opinion! I'm just letting you know that in my opinion. your opinion is trash, unwanted, unneeded and absolutely does not contribute anything at all to the making of this game.

Why don't you come up with a better hobby than inserting your opinions on people's body types when you (1) don't pay their bills, (2) don't contribute in anyway to their well-being, (3) think that "it's just an opinion!" is a plausible excuse to pass judgment where you aren't needed.

Because since you don't do any of those things, your opinion holds no weight, no influence and is thus disposable.

But that's just my opinion and I have the right to think differently. That said, look forward to the release.

Oh my,calm down :D Why do you have to take it so personally?))
I just wrote what I thought about the look of your protagonist(what is obviously connected to the project). That's all.
No need to take it personally.
If you have an inferiority complex about your weight - it's only your problem, not mine.
If you're so fragile and touchy, better don't read any comments or you might always find a problem.

And, btw, I don't think I should pay somebody's bills to have my opinion about their body types... Next time try to come up with smarter arguments.
I still can't believe you've started this meaningless dispute over nothing. I've simply made a comment about the look of the heroine, who is nothing more than a virtual creature. But you got all butthurt and took your personal problems out on me.

Learn to take criticism without taking it personally.
I hope no more butthurt from you.
Anyway, I'm not going to read your respond because I've had enough.
Good luck with the game.

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#70 Post by pyopyon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 am

Erikka wrote:
Oh my,calm down :D Why do you have to take it so personally?))
I just wrote what I thought about the look of your protagonist(what is obviously connected to the project). That's all.
No need to take it personally.
If you have an inferiority complex about your weight - it's only your problem, not mine.
If you're so fragile and touchy, better don't read any comments or you might always find a problem.

And, btw, I don't think I should pay somebody's bills to have my opinion about their body types... Next time try to come up with smarter arguments.
I still can't believe you've started this meaningless dispute over nothing. I've simply made a comment about the look of the heroine, who is nothing more than a virtual creature. But you got all butthurt and took your personal problems out on me.

Learn to take criticism without taking it personally.
I hope no more butthurt from you.
Anyway, I'm not going to read your respond because I've had enough.
Good luck with the game.
I took it personally because it's my character you've insulted, lol.

I find it amusing that you assume that I am fat because I am defending fat body types and simultaeneously rejecting your negative simpering about the body weight of my character. Sorry to disappoint-- I'm actually quite thin, lol. No inferiority complex here since there's nothing inferior about being fat anyway.

Smarter arguments? Haha, it's okay. Just because you lack reading comprehension doesn't mean I lack the ability to form an intelligent argument. You've simply insulted my character for literally no reason except to whine about it. Cry more about it. She's fat and I like it.

If you are criticizing something of mine, then it is personal. What creation isn't personal? Who creates anything and has no feelings attached to it? Haha, please. And I'm the one who needs a smarter argument. Bye, Felicia.

My butt is quite comfortable-- although my stomach aches a bit from laughing so much at the small mindedness you dirtied my thread with.

No need to read the reply. You're dismissed.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

User avatar
Catalyst Edge Gaming
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm
Completed: Deep Freeze Cafe
Projects: Junkyard
Tumblr: catalystedge
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#71 Post by Catalyst Edge Gaming » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 am

This looks adorable, I can't wait to see the finished product

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#72 Post by pyopyon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 am

Catalyst Edge Gaming wrote:This looks adorable, I can't wait to see the finished product
Thank you!

___________

Since the intro has four of the love interests in it (as well as the customization portion), I was thinking about releasing a demo. I do think it'll garner interest so in retrospect it seems to be a good idea, especially since I wanted to generate some revenue via donations so that I can pay the artists. (Not that they've asked but on principle I think it would be best.)

I probably won't release the demo until closer to release, but since I'm not charging for the game, I'm not sure that it would work at all.

Guess it's a gamble.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#73 Post by pyopyon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:37 pm

*lays down face in the mud and tries to suffocate there*

We're three sprites into the guys and I think that 2/3 artists want to quit.

One artist is DEFINITELY quitting (she let me know today), and the other I think is on the brink...

Ahhh, I really have the worse luck when it comes to this game.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

User avatar
philip
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: southeastern PA
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#74 Post by philip » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:49 pm

@pyopyon-

Sorry to hear that you are having "personnel" problems. Please stay strong and don't give up, there a lot of us out here that really are looking forward to the game's release. You seem to have made a lot of progress since your first post in January, there will be bumps in the road, but we're pullin' for ya!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: XOXO Academy [School Romance] [GxB] [EXO-Fangame]

#75 Post by pyopyon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Haha, the pun in your reply cheered me up a bit!

Ah, I'm not going to give up, regardless. I feel like I've worked too hard to get this far but it is frustrating -__-;;

The year anniversary for me starting the game itself just passed, and this is the sixth month anniversary of my actually finishing writing it so I feel like I'm on a boat to nowhere sometimes. Hopefully my second artist hangs on until the end.

Thank you for the encouragement! ^^
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shie