Fetish: Every Second Counts [Mystery][Macabre][Dark]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

Fetish: Every Second Counts [Mystery][Macabre][Dark]

#1 Post by ppppantsu »

VERSION 1.0 OF THIS GAME IS RELEASED. CHECK IT HERE.

Hi guys. ; w ;
Update: 02/08/14 I'm currently polishing this game (and thus, version 2.0).

Update: [02/15/14] Made new sprites (new chara, yey!).[/color]

Update: [02/09/14] You can see more info/progress in this link yeah click this link~!

Update: [02/08/14] Done customizing the text box and font.
New questions below~!!!

STORY:
Everyone has something they love. . .
Something they obsess to. . .
Something lovely, aromatic, eccentric. . .
And even something dangerous. . .

Fetish, "just an excessive liking to something".
Hexia, the main protagonist has an uncommon obsession in which only her family, the maids, and their butler knows about.
Her obsession isn't entirely innocent, though.
However, the consequences for her fetish aren't really pleasant. . .

ORIGIN:
Originally based from my series of 13 character designs with morbid personalities and hobbies way back in 2011.
I tried to draw a comic or write a novel from it but soon gave up.
Each character has a name based on numbers.
Cain is an exception though, he's the first in the series.
Hexia's name means "six", the 6th character I drew (thus, explaining her number 6 tattoo on under her right eye.
Vier's name means "four", the 4th and probably my fave character.
All of them are not what they seem to be.
I originally thought of much cruel personalities for them but revised a bit to fit this VN.
The story of Fetish is loosely based on the comic's original plot
in which highlights Cain's meeting with Hexia in not so ordinary series of events.
I wasn't able to debut Vier, sadly.

TRAILER: CLICK HERE TO WATCH

MAIN CHARACTERS

PROTAGONIST: Hexia
You play as Hexia, the oldest child in her family.
These are the earlier designs and sketches of her in 2011.
Her obsession stays the same.

EDIT: I forgot to actually use Hexia's sprite in version 1.0. I'm sorry.

MAIN CHARACTER: Vier
Hexia's little brother and youngest of the family. Like his sister, he has an uncommon obsession.
The first and only sketch of Vier at the left.
His obsession stays the same only in 2011 (spoiler below)
he uses human subjects to test his newly developed poison.
Also, the reason why he hates being compared to dolls stays the same.

MAIN CHARACTER: Cain
The butler of the family. Vier's favorite.
The earlier design and sketches of Cain.
Back then, everyone thought he looks so much like Nezumi from No.6.
And almost everyone sees him as female. OTL
He was much worse before and he wasn't really designed as a butler.
(Spoiler below)
in 2011, he was a rapist, a murderer, thief, and. . . Hexia's abductor.
I'm thinking if I should revise Cain's past in this second version-- or whut. XD

OTHER CHARACTERS :lol:

Other: Alec Sage
Who is this? He wasn't in my original series.

Other: Katherine & Theodore
Hexia and Vier's parents. First appearance in this second version.

1.0 PROGRESS SO FAR:
Story: 100% | Sprites: 100% | BGs: 100% | CGs: 100%
Scripting: 100% | Music: 100%

2.0 PROGRESS SO FAR:
Story: 70% | Sprites: 80% | BGs: 100% | CGs: 70%
Scripting: 70% | Music: 100%

Rating: 16+
Released:
Version 1: February 6, 2014
Version 2: Late March or Early April

CREDITS:
Art , Story and Scripting: Me
Engine: Ren'Py
Music: free sources
Sidenotes: I'm working alone, so I'm suffering OTL

SIDENOTES AGAIN:
This is my first visual novel, although my fan visual novel of DRAMAtical Murder was the first one to get finished. I haven't fully explored Ren'Py's capabilities so this VN turned out to be simpler. I apologize in advance if this VN lacks in many places and doesn't have a solid plot. I'm not good with writing though OTL.

QUESTIONS
Answered:Question: Should I continue using W. Canon's compositions or replace them with others?

1. Which character attracts you the most? And~ why?
2. It seems some persons who played already wants to know more about Vier's route, so I'm adding it to version 2.0. Also, is adding another route other than Vier would be alright or too much? Like parents route whatever.
3. Aside changing the dialogue boxes (oh wow, I'm done with it actually |'D ), is there anything else in the interfaces that I should improve? Main menu, options, whatever.
so yeah, hit it! X'D
Last edited by ppppantsu on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:19 am, edited 16 times in total.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: Fetish [Mystery?][Macabre]

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

OHHHH!!! pppantsu's making another game~! After your dmmd fan game, I know this one'll be good! The art looks amazing!! Good luck with progress :)
i'll cry if you yell at me

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#3 Post by Rozume »

I wouldn't use W. Canon's music if you plan on sharing this with more than just your friends. Even though this is free, it's still bad form to use music from another work of media. There are plenty of free music resources out there.

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#4 Post by FjärilPrincess »

Okay.So,I messaged you about 'Fetish'.Anyway! I have to say..This looks pretty impressive ^_^.The plot isn't too descriptive,nor is the trailer but I do get a pretty good idea.So,that doesn't matter :'D.Ehm,the art looks stunning,as expected,though c(; <3 .About the Kanon thing,you aren't really making a profit and the game IS free.I truly don't see a problem there,however,it's best to stay on the safe side.I'm sure nothing will happen but the choice is up to you.I think you should use ,maybe,some royalty free music (or whatever they call it xD).The problem is,though,with this theme,can you find music that is appropriate? I'm sure that's what you're sort of wondering.Kanon's instrumental DOES go with this story's theme.Once more,the choice is up to you.Just make sure to credit her in big,bold letters if you use it xD.Also,Good luck! Have fun whilst making the project or else it'd just be in vain :P.
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore

#5 Post by ppppantsu »

PhoenixStardust wrote:I wouldn't use W. Canon's music if you plan on sharing this with more than just your friends. Even though this is free, it's still bad form to use music from another work of media. There are plenty of free music resources out there.
Thank you for your response! >w<
And yeah, I've thought of that too despite giving credits and the game being free. :/
I tried searching for orgel music downloads but can't find any---- or I just suck at searching. OTL
but thank you again!
FjärilPrincess wrote:Okay.So,I messaged you about 'Fetish'.Anyway! I have to say..This looks pretty impressive ^_^.The plot isn't too descriptive,nor is the trailer but I do get a pretty good idea.So,that doesn't matter :'D.Ehm,the art looks stunning,as expected,though c(; <3 .About the Kanon thing,you aren't really making a profit and the game IS free.I truly don't see a problem there,however,it's best to stay on the safe side.I'm sure nothing will happen but the choice is up to you.I think you should use ,maybe,some royalty free music (or whatever they call it xD).The problem is,though,with this theme,can you find music that is appropriate? I'm sure that's what you're sort of wondering.Kanon's instrumental DOES go with this story's theme.Once more,the choice is up to you.Just make sure to credit her in big,bold letters if you use it xD.Also,Good luck! Have fun whilst making the project or else it'd just be in vain :P.
Yes I've read it! Let me just reply and viola. X'DDDD
Thank you so much and sorry for being not that descriptive.
silverpikachu99 wrote:OHHHH!!! pppantsu's making another game~! After your dmmd fan game, I know this one'll be good! The art looks amazing!! Good luck with progress :)
Thank you so much. I'll do my best. ; w ; )

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#6 Post by Hazel-Bun »

You can always try Jamendo :) it has a wide selection to choose from under Creative Commons. Good luck with your game!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

ppppantsu
Veteran

#7 Post by ppppantsu »

Hazel-Bun wrote:You can always try Jamendo :) it has a wide selection to choose from under Creative Commons. Good luck with your game!
thank you so much~! ; w ;
I need more sources so adding this to the list. >w< :P

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#8 Post by akemicchi »

Yeah, you shouldn't use Wakeshima Kanon's music. It's not alright at all to do that, even if it's available to you and you'll be crediting her. It's like googling images and putting it in your game; it's available but even if you credit it, you still don't have permission to use the image. It'd be much better to just find music with the proper permissions yourself. 'Creative commons' and 'royalty free' would be your key words when searching for it.

You can search the Lemmasoft forums for a list of free music sites. You can also check the Creative Commons board for music. Here's a list of some sites you can use from the forum here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 48&t=21441
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 48&t=20349
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 3&p=254161

... Or if you play free VNs, you can read their credits and find out where they get their songs. eve If they're using it, chances are you can too. (As long as you read the page thoroughly.)

ppppantsu
Veteran

#9 Post by ppppantsu »

akemicchi wrote:Yeah, you shouldn't use Wakeshima Kanon's music. It's not alright at all to do that, even if it's available to you and you'll be crediting her. It's like googling images and putting it in your game; it's available but even if you credit it, you still don't have permission to use the image. It'd be much better to just find music with the proper permissions yourself. 'Creative commons' and 'royalty free' would be your key words when searching for it.

You can search the Lemmasoft forums for a list of free music sites. You can also check the Creative Commons board for music. Here's a list of some sites you can use from the forum here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 48&t=21441
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 48&t=20349
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 3&p=254161

... Or if you play free VNs, you can read their credits and find out where they get their songs. eve If they're using it, chances are you can too. (As long as you read the page thoroughly.)
than you very much!!!! This will be a big help. Thank you thank you. TTuTT <3

2dt
Regular

#10 Post by 2dt »

Like the character art and the story sounds enticing to say the least. Count me interested. Look forward to playing it =)

ppppantsu
Veteran

#11 Post by ppppantsu »

2dt wrote:Like the character art and the story sounds enticing to say the least. Count me interested. Look forward to playing it =)
Thank you. ;w;
I'm kinda making the gallery work but I think I should give up on it. TTuTT </3

Sheridan
Regular
Completed: Tea & Sympathy, 51 cards

#12 Post by Sheridan »

akemicchi wrote:... Or if you play free VNs, you can read their credits and find out where they get their songs. eve If they're using it, chances are you can too. (As long as you read the page thoroughly.)
Please don't! That's how we end up with 90% of free VNs using the same five Kevin MacLeod tracks =(

In addition to the links recommended above, http://freemusicarchive.org/ and https://archive.org/details/opensource_audio have lots of Creative Commons resources.

ppppantsu
Veteran

#13 Post by ppppantsu »

Sheridan wrote:
akemicchi wrote:... Or if you play free VNs, you can read their credits and find out where they get their songs. eve If they're using it, chances are you can too. (As long as you read the page thoroughly.)
Please don't! That's how we end up with 90% of free VNs using the same five Kevin MacLeod tracks =(

In addition to the links recommended above, http://freemusicarchive.org/ and https://archive.org/details/opensource_audio have lots of Creative Commons resources.
thank you guys soooo much. I need lots of sources. TTuTT
I've been to archive.org many times, that's where I got the BGMs for my fan VN of DMMd and welp, for Fetish too. ;w;

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Updated] Fetish [Mystery?][Macabre]

#14 Post by try10 »

I'm so waiting for this game to be released. The plot caught my interest...and the butler too... :oops:

ppppantsu
Veteran

Re: [Updated] Fetish [Mystery?][Macabre]

#15 Post by ppppantsu »

try10 wrote:I'm so waiting for this game to be released. The plot caught my interest...and the butler too... :oops:
thank you thank you. TTuTT <3 <3 <3
I'll prolly just scrap some things and it's done. <3