Asylum [Fantasy][SF][Mystery][Drama][Romance] - DEMO UP!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

Re: Asylum [Fantasy][SF][Mystery][Drama][Romance] - DEMO UP!

#31 Post by buttdumpling »

I want to touch Escard's butt ಠ_ಠ
and also Badbh's ಠ_ಠ
they should touch each other's butts too ಠ_ಠ

The only thing I'm concerned with is that my eyesight isn't very good, so it can be a little difficult to distinguish the characters from the backgrounds in-game. But I'm very excited for the finished product!!

Rindaviir
Projects: Asylum

#32 Post by Rindaviir »

Thank you all for the feedback! :)
silverpikachu99 wrote:This game looks amazing! The character art is nicely done, and I like the way you used classic black and white :) Your art kinda reminded me of Bleach, so I fangirled for a few seconds then finally wrote this reply. Even the story seems awesome~!!! :D Good luck with progress :3
Yes, I love Tite Kubo's style so some character art might be influenced by it :) Thank you for all the kind words!
buttdumpling wrote:I want to touch Escard's butt ಠ_ಠ
and also Badbh's ಠ_ಠ
they should touch each other's butts too ಠ_ಠ

The only thing I'm concerned with is that my eyesight isn't very good, so it can be a little difficult to distinguish the characters from the backgrounds in-game. But I'm very excited for the finished product!!
I.... don't think they would like to touch anyone's posteriors, sadly ;) Too busy jumping to eachothers throats, I worry.
As for the whole looks of game - it was meant to be darker.. I mostly build my characters and backgrounds on contrast of black x white (with additional shades of grey) - I guess I could lighten few backgrounds a bit but I am concerned the effect might not stay the same...

On other note, I've added new character sprite onto the blog, now I am waiting for Rinari to add the bio of said character - feel free to check it in free time ;) From the looks of it, Risa will turn into rather interesting lady...
and potential rival of Badbh

swordholder

#33 Post by swordholder »

Wasn't sure if you was still looking for royalty free music but rengoku teien offers pretty good tracks just be sure to credit them.

Rindaviir

#34 Post by Rindaviir »

Arigatou, I will gladly check it! :)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by try10 »

Oh, God! How come I never found this awesome project sooner? :shock: I played the demo and I liked it very much. So many choices and the fact that you can choose to be a male or a female is amazing. :o At first I thought that I would't like the black and white art, but I was so wrong. The art is gorgeous and gives the game an unique feeling. I can't wait for the full version: mysteries to uncover, hotties to seduce, skills to raise, avoid getting killed!!! Brilliant!! I wish you good luck with this project. I'm sure many people will have fun playing Asylum. :D

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

#36 Post by buttdumpling »

Rindaviir wrote: As for the whole looks of game - it was meant to be darker.. I mostly build my characters and backgrounds on contrast of black x white (with additional shades of grey) - I guess I could lighten few backgrounds a bit but I am concerned the effect might not stay the same...
Actually, if you just add a shadow behind the character sprites it would be a bunch better! I definitely don't want to make your game look muddy or less cool :O

Rindaviir

#37 Post by Rindaviir »

Thank you, thank you all, all these words of support really does warm our hearts!
And we are still working hard on the project, me - sharpening skills on CGs and character sprites...
I believe, one friend also decided on creating totally non-cannot CGs and characters pairings... (I was the one to witness the results of it) - these will be ALSO posted on the blog soon! <3

beefypotatoes

#38 Post by beefypotatoes »

Wow, great work so far. The story has definitely been intriguing, I'm looking forward to the rest. I also really like how the characters have been written so far.

One change I would have found convenient: When selecting your actions for the day, I think it would be nice if the previous day's actions were selected by default.

I noticed one thing that seemed to be a bug:
This is an event with Ariassa in the library.
First Choice:
Go over and greet her.

Second Choice:
Ask her about her work.
Ask her about herself.

The resulting dialogue from these two choices seems to be backwards. Apologies if I'm mistaken or this was already mentioned.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by try10 »

Would it be too much of a bother to ask for a walkthrough? I really have no ideea if I managed to get all the characters scenes or which stat to raise in order to meet a certain person ( it seems that choosing one thing can decrease another stat and I don't know what to do :oops: ) Thank you in advance. :)

Rindaviir

#40 Post by Rindaviir »

Oh... I believe I should totally make one, yes :) But, please - be patient, I think we will release, new upgraded version f demo soon (with fixed bugs and all) - so the walkthrough will be prepared to it directly. :)
But well, if you prefer it to be to this version, it is achievable of course :3

LofnBard
Projects: Herb Witch

#41 Post by LofnBard »

I tried downloading it last night. It took nearly an hour to download, which it shouldn't, and then for the first time ever, Chrome labeled it as "Malicious" and suggested I delete it. Since I'd been looking in the Not Yet Approved section and wasn't sure, I deleted it. Anyone else get this weird behavior?

Rindaviir

#42 Post by Rindaviir »

The downloading process is not under our influance but depends on speedyshare servers and one's individual bandwidth, I believe.
As for the malicious - I have heard some people complain about it before. As for chrome user myself I haven't encountered any troubles downloading it nor few others also using same browser. Honestly I have no idea in slightest why Chrome labels it as malicious for some and for some doesn't :) But the demo is certainly virus-free.
I will try fixing the demo with the bugs you have named so far and uploading it yet again, maybe there won't be any warnings or strange labels from now ^^

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by try10 »

A upgraded version of the demo. WOW! I can't wait! XD :D

Phoenix

#44 Post by Phoenix »

Creeping out from lurker-mode to comment - I really, really enjoyed the demo for this. The art's beautiful, the writing's amazing, and I really liked all the characters. It was a toss-up between Amargein and Escard for favourite with Badbh coming in at a very close second. :D I really like that there's a lot of choices and opportunities to roleplay the character however you want - and it's doubly impressive that there's quite a bit of varied dialogue depending if you're male or female.

The only bug I ran into was whenever I selected the 'Break codes' activity I never, ever succeeded at it. I ended up q-saving and q-loading at one point to see if I could get anywhere so I don't think it was just a streak of bad luck. Clearly my character just isn't cut out to be a programmer (it was like reliving my own programming labs ;) ).

As a side-note, how do you pronounce characters' names? This might seem like a dumb question, but I turned to the internet to tell me how to pronounce 'Badbh' which I recognised as an Irish name, and along the way discovered I'd probably been mentally pronouncing Amargein's name wrong my entire first playthrough. Whoops...

Anyway, tl; dr, I'm really looking forward to the full game and I'll be avidly (if quietly) stalking the blog!

Rindaviir

#45 Post by Rindaviir »

Heh, thank you for all the feedback!
I am currently working hard mostly on Escard's route (I somehow found the guy sorta forgotten a tad bit compared to Ammie and Badbh ;) ) - as (probably) fellow RPer, I tried to offer as many choices as one could offer, also dividing them between male and female routes at times
(for example, Escard's route or his response to our actions might be complitely different between male and female protagonist *cough*)
Happily, both me and my partner do tend to concentrate on the roleplaying part... (which seems kind of easy considering most of characters were 'alive' for few years now - Amargein, Escard and Badbh are my old RP characters, all of them being between 3-2 years old by now ^^).
Under my gentle care is writing Amargein's, Badbh's, Escard's and Nero's routes... Rinari, my partner is handling Risa and Ari.. as for times when characters meet - we usually RP it out (fun for everyone! :D)
As for the bug... indeed I was ficing some bugs in events as of late, it possibly might be the one I fixed :3 I will look into it yet again!

As for pronunciation!
Badbh is one of names/daughters/personifications of Morrighan (Or Mor Righan, The Great Queen) - and her name does mean 'crow' - thus Badbh Catha, the attack she uses means 'Battle Crows' and thus why it's represented with feathers :3 (won't give many spoilers to not mess the fun). It's pronounced as [badb].
Amargein's name is (at least by me) pronounced as [Amar-gein], though I simply tend to call him Ammie, one of my two beloved male children ;)