Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [CHAPTER 3 OUT]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG, Psych, Romance) [DEMO 1.0]

#61 Post by Coren »

Ahhh thank you so much for the comments! :') Keep them coming in, guys!
Also I just got this amazing amazing amazing fanart of your favourite scene dreamy!
It's by mirukimary on tumblr!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#62 Post by Coren »

Another MAV!
"She had the loveliest brown hair, and beautiful ocean-blue eyes. She was a sweet girl. How could you have expected…?"

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

#63 Post by Sayuui »

Whoa, whoa, whoa look at that art!! Omg, I can't wait to play this!
*Downloads demo at light speed* Q w Q
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram
Business inquiries: sayuuiart@gmail.com

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#64 Post by Coren »

LOOK LOOK IT'S HERE AGAIN
Click here for more information: http://tinyurl.com/SoyasushiContest2014

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#65 Post by Coren »

Just a little bump to say that this game is still in progress, just that most of the updates are on Tumblr.
Anyway, Mika's sprite has been edited to look more like her faceset!
NEW:
OLD:
FACE:

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#66 Post by melelisun »

WOW. This looks plain amazing! Sadly I have the courage of a tiny mouse so horror games often result in poor psychological effects >< But I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully one day I can work up the courage and play this one :D
Image Image

ColaCat
Veteran

#67 Post by ColaCat »

Do you know when the full version will come out? And will it be commercial or not?

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#68 Post by piichimi »

Looks and sounds fantastic!!!
Downloading the demo now.

I love horror RPGs! They kinda had lost their spark this year though for some reason.
But I'm happy to see that you made one, and I'm super excited to play it ^-^

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#69 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the comments! :) Will be posting a few more teasers soon.

Aines445
Regular

#70 Post by Aines445 »

1. What do you think of the game so far?
The game seems really interesting so far and the puzzles are pretty cool (I'm just really dumb and suck at solving them X.X)
seriously how could I forget to close the door of the cell?
The story's very intriguing.

2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
My favorite characters... I'd say Lenine (not because of the name, I assure you of that... sort of XDD): I thought he was going to be much more loyal and stern but he actually came off as a pretty nice guy as I played his chapter and that made me like him. Rainer was also pretty funny.
"I don't get paid enough for this." - Lenine, having just found out that he was framed for stealing a fruit bowl and attempting to eat its plastic fruit (damn you Rainer XD).
I kind of like Micaiah too (the name's really hard to type though ^^') and that's because she's really not what she seems... and I like it.

3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
Mika and Micaiah's relationship: they must surely be related in some way, no? It kind of seems like Mika's chapter is on a different timeline from Lenine and Micaiah's (?) so I'd like to know if that's true or if I'm just confusing stuff... which I probably am. I'd like to know about Anyu since, well, I have no idea as to who he really is. Will Lenine bring us Social Revolution? The game questions its religion and how truthful it is so I would like to know which side is right, I guess. Who is the true Messiah in all this, I wonder?

4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
... I can only guess the answer to the scratched question and that is a big no XD
Maybe there's no Goddess after all and someone made those things which were thought to come from the Devil. Maybe Micaiah and Mika were the results of experiments related to that. I mean, Mika was being held by this weird alchemist organization so maybe it came from them? There are too many maybes in my hypothesis...
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
I find Mika to be the most interesting character because I have no idea as to why she got into the situation she was in at the beggining of the game, and I'm very interested in knowing that (maybe that should also be in question number 3). I kind of feel sorry for her too, but that's a totally different thing. I'm very curious about Anyu and I'm pretty sure I already wrote why ^^'

6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
It's very intriguing and it seems to have a lot of mysteries which makes me want to know more about it. Basically, the story seems really cool.

7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
This wasn't a scene but it really made an impact on me when I read the papers (or paper, most likely a note though) that was on a table in Mika's cell that said: "You deserve nothing, Himeya Mika." Seriously, I'm pretty sure that my interest in Mika mostly stems from that because whoever wrote that (and I'm assuming that was the guy who put her in that cell, even though she was locked by some group or organization of alchemists I'm assuming the leader's mostly at fault for that one) must truly be a horrible person; after all, that note's purpose must've been to make her feel completely worthless, and that just struck me as an utterly sick move. Even then, the guy might actually not be horrible and Mika truly does deserve nothing for some reason (I somehow doubt that): see? It brings up questions and those questions are very interesting to me.

I liked some scenes with Lenine and Euphy and I also like Micaiah's scene with Anyu but that was because it showed that Micaiah was really cunning (and I liked that a lot): as for Anyu, I could only think, "Do the waltz with me, Micaiah", "Do breakdance with me, Micaiah", "Dance Salsa with me, Micaiah", "Do the hustle with me, Micaiah." No Anyu I wanna dance the rain dance to put out the fire XDDD

8. Favorite chapter and protagonist?
I like Lenine but my favorite chapter was Mika's: it really put you on edge, solving the puzzles with lingering doubt, "Will Mika actually make it? Maybe something will happen in the way that will halt her escape despite the plot summary..." Besides, I liked the puzzles there.

9. ... Pairings/Ships, do you have any?
To be honest, not really.

10. Was it scary?
Although I only got scared on my first game over (and I didn't get more scared because I was getting far too many game overs for dumb reasons; I suck at puzzles), it made me feel really uneasy and on edge and that's a very good thing in horror: there is a very creepy mood to the game and that will probably make more people actually get scared.

11. What's your favourite part to play through?
Mika's chapter, although I did like talking to everyone in Lenine's.

12. Take a random screenshot!
I'm sorry, but I have no screenshots ^^' (I didn't read the questions beforehand)

I hope this was somewhat helpful to you since I feel like my answers aren't that great. This games looks like it'll be interesting so I'm looking forward to the full version ^^

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#71 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the feedback! :D I like how you identified that religion is being 'used' by the people who are in power, rather than religion actually existing. That will be explored more in-depth later on.

A teaser:
Humans are happy to find any scapegoat they want.
It is to only way for them to release the bitterness and hatred they all share.
… I hate them, too.
If this is what it means to be human, I’d sooner die and take you all with me.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by try10 »

Thanks for the update. Happy to see that you're still working on it. :D

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#73 Post by Coren »

Thank you for your support! :) Most updates are on the blog, but I will post them here from time to time!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [DEMO 1.0]

#74 Post by Coren »

Micaiah leads a cult with herself at the center. Pretending to be the Goddess, when no human should bear that name. An imposter.

As for me? All I’m doing is the Goddess’s work.

To save those who rejected the Goddess’s love, and rejected me as their Messiah.

Two views of the Scripture. Two interpretations of the same text. Only force will determine the side that wins. Dance with me, Micaiah.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [DEMO 1.0]

#75 Post by Coren »

A snapshot from Chapter 3 of Mica: Apoptosis!

I think it is quite likely that Mica: Apoptosis will now be released in a chapter format, with each chapter being released in a complete package with all the previous chapters included in the file so that you don’t have to download all the chapters. The reason for this is because I believe that I will be able to release the game faster this way - having a concrete aim to release a chapter every couple of months (or something like that) will motivate me to get the chapters out faster! :)

I might be looking for beta-testers soon for Chapter 3, but only like a couple (like 5 or so). Please comment to let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll prioritize you when I make an official announcement!

Thanks guys for all your support! ouo