Mage Wars [Fantasy/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Re: Mage Wars [Fantasy/Romance]

#16 Post by dmasterxd »

Updated with a screenshot from the fourth route. Sorry there's not too much I can give you with this route without spoiling anything.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#17 Post by Fenrir34 »

dmasterxd wrote:Okay I understand what Asceai and MaiMai are saying and appreciate the help. And Shirou can cook? Really? I never knew lol.

However
When I read this, I kept thinking that this was a Fanfiction or something on Fate Stay Night. I think you got a plot that could go somewhere but you've got to make it a bit more original. I know it's hard because I've always had trouble with making a story. But you've got to take your time and try to make more yours then based on the anime. Good luck to you though. I'm sure you'll come up with something just a bit different
I don't know how you would think this is a fanfiction of FSN. It's not that similar. Case in point, there are no servants in mine. That's like one of the defining traits of FSN. And if I was making a fanfiction of it it would have to be the holy grail wars. Anyway, saying something like that is not only offensive to me but even more so to Nasu who's work is way too hard to rip off even if I wanted too.

Updated with screenshots and a preview.
Took me a while to see you responded. Sorry. And I'm sorry if I offended you, but this does sound a lot like Fate Stay Night. You might not have some things that the series does, but the story does have some major similarities to the anime. You're entitled to you beliefs though and I won't argue with you. Also, I don't know how that's offensive to the creator. I never said or gave any indication that his work was easy to rip off. I'm just saying that if you're trying to go for an original game, you might want to change some things. That's all.

dmasterxd
Regular

#18 Post by dmasterxd »

Fenrir34 wrote:
dmasterxd wrote:Okay I understand what Asceai and MaiMai are saying and appreciate the help. And Shirou can cook? Really? I never knew lol.

However
When I read this, I kept thinking that this was a Fanfiction or something on Fate Stay Night. I think you got a plot that could go somewhere but you've got to make it a bit more original. I know it's hard because I've always had trouble with making a story. But you've got to take your time and try to make more yours then based on the anime. Good luck to you though. I'm sure you'll come up with something just a bit different
I don't know how you would think this is a fanfiction of FSN. It's not that similar. Case in point, there are no servants in mine. That's like one of the defining traits of FSN. And if I was making a fanfiction of it it would have to be the holy grail wars. Anyway, saying something like that is not only offensive to me but even more so to Nasu who's work is way too hard to rip off even if I wanted too.

Took me a while to see you responded. Sorry. And I'm sorry if I offended you, but this does sound a lot like Fate Stay Night. You might not have some things that the series does, but the story does have some major similarities to the anime. You're entitled to you beliefs though and I won't argue with you. Also, I don't know how that's offensive to the creator. I never said or gave any indication that his work was easy to rip off. I'm just saying that if you're trying to go for an original game, you might want to change some things. That's all.
Honestly, I wouldn't blame if you did argue with me. I tend to be a bit more sensitive/irritable while I'm in the middle of working on something. However I did take everything you guys said to heart. And while the first route may be a bit iffy, I feel like it gets more original with each one. So hopefully that's how everyone who plays it feels as well. Also sorry for saying you were being offensive to the creator. I seriously need to get over my development stress.

dmasterxd
Regular

#19 Post by dmasterxd »

Fenrir34 wrote:

However

Honestly, I wouldn't blame if you did argue with me. I tend to be a bit more sensitive/irritable while I'm in the middle of working on something. However I did take everything you guys said to heart. And while the first route may be a bit iffy, I feel like it gets more original with each one. So hopefully that's how everyone who plays it feels as well. Also sorry for saying you were being offensive to the creator. I seriously need to get over my development stress.