[DEMO UP!!] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zharasiell
Tumblr: Zharasiell
Deviantart: Zharasiell

Re: Romancin Dudes (GxB)(Comedy)

#46 Post by Zharasiell »

1. Would DEFINITLY play this, just cause the Artwork looks really cute <3 and name of the main character seems pretty dank xD
2. Probably the glasses guy, just cause glasses O///O and maybe the unlockable character. I mean, who doesnt wanna know whats so special about him, that you have to unlock him first.^^

Anyway, I wish u the best of luck with ur project. <3

JJupiterJump
Regular

#47 Post by JJupiterJump »

Aww, this game looks so cute (I love the name, bruh)
Sorry to hear about your setback- I've lost a lot to factory resets too so I know how it feels- but I'm glad you've decided to start it back up again!

1. Of course~! I think the concept sounds very cute. I've seen a few "X-was-this-but-sucked" breaking the fourth wall type of games (or that include a character with that backstory), and most of them are pretty cute and funny.
2. Roy. I love dem angsty badboys. (/cries)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#48 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I am SO glad this project isn't dead!!! The game is truly beautiful: the art is so cute, and the story line is funny and interesting. Keep up the great work~ :)

cryingotome

#49 Post by cryingotome »

1) Yes. The plot is hilarious and the art is cute enough :lol:
2) Uhm... I can't choose HAHAHAHAAH I have a weak spot for shy, cute characters and characters who are a bit air-headed (Leonel and Nathaniel) plus points if they have something they really care about (Nathaniel)! I also really love guys with glasses (Stirling). They're just very irresistible to me (with a few exceptions of course). Plus points if they're generally serious and reliable. And the bad boy.. ohh, the bad boy. Usually the bad boy types are massive Tsunderes (I will look forward to this) and once the one they like is by their side they become very caring and overprotective. I like those kinds of guys <_<

Uh, so yea. I'm interested in all of them. :D

Looking forward to the game. Hopefully nothing bad will happen and make you lose all hope again :( Good luck!

chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

Re: Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#50 Post by chickandnugget »

Hi guys! This is me under a new username because it's been a really long time lol

I just wanted to say that I'm still officially slaving away at this, so I humbly beg for your approval.

aeri
Regular
Projects: Thereafter: A Medieval Life, What happens on camera doesn't always stay on camera, etc.
Organization: Meraki Tales
Tumblr: merakitales
itch: merakitales

Re: [UPDATE: 11/19] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#51 Post by aeri »

I definitely was intrigued by the plot, and I can definitely say that I prefer Roy and Case's by case alone xD The heroine's name was a little odd to me, but hey, her name catches my attention at first glance so it's a good thing!

I hope this project continues and am looking forward to a release~ Keep up the great work!

chickandnugget
Regular

#52 Post by chickandnugget »

aeri wrote:I definitely was intrigued by the plot, and I can definitely say that I prefer Roy and Case's by case alone xD The heroine's name was a little odd to me, but hey, her name catches my attention at first glance so it's a good thing!

I hope this project continues and am looking forward to a release~ Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the support :'D

This definitely isn't a game that takes itself too seriously, so MC's name is actually just a nonsensical feminization of one of the most generic names I could think of ("Bob Smith") lol

chickandnugget
Regular

#53 Post by chickandnugget »

UPDATE

Put Case's sprite in the main post.

MC's sprite is up!

The demo is also pretty much done. I'm hoping to have it out tomorrow ^^

lumia
Regular

Re: [UPDATE: 11/22] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#54 Post by lumia »

1. Would you be interested in playing this when it (eventually) comes out?
  • I like the fact that the main protagonist is literally the heroine of an otome game; that's very interesting. Also, the potential for romance and all of the slice of life going on would also be interesting to me; I'm definitely into comedy as well; I look forward to the different humor you come up with! Though, I guess it shouldn't be hard given the characters' somewhat strong personalities. Anyhow, I will play it when it comes out. That's what you wanted to know.
2. What do you want to see most out of this game?
  • Definitely humor. If it's enough to have me laughing to the point I cry, I'll give this game a thousand thumbs up, likes, and some great words from me. Other than humor, I am looking for a good writing style in general; well edited and proofread with a flowing narrative and dialogue, etc.
3. What are your impressions of the cast?
  • They seem to have very strong personalities, though the descriptions are very short, they're also very concise. I could probably already imagine some possible scenes that might appear in the game. In regards to appearance, I guess it's what caught most of my interest towards this game in the first place, haha.

4. Which boi are you most interested in?
  • Case. Why?
    Because I'm maso *coughs*.

chickandnugget
Regular

Re: [UPDATE: 11/22] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#55 Post by chickandnugget »

@lumia Thanks for your feedback (and interest!) I hope you find the game funny lol
(and that Case is sufficiently satisfies your maso tendencies)
DEMO UPDATE (11/23):

It's out! I might update the files in a few days with the new main menu art, but the gameplay will remain unchanged. I put this in the main post, but I'll put it here as well:
Click on the above image for the demo, or go here!

1. Most importantly: DID YOU LIKE IT?
2. Was the pacing okay? (Were the scenes with each fella too short/long?)
3. D...Did you think the game was funny?
4. What did you think of the characters? Who’s your favorite?
5. Are you interested in playing the rest of the game? What do you want to see most in the full version?

Any other questions/comments/suggestions are appreciated!
Last edited by chickandnugget on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: [DEMO UP!!] Romancin Dudes [Otome, Comedy][Free!]

#56 Post by wyverngem »

:) Played the demo and have to say I'm looking forward to the finished game. It cheered me up and made me laugh more then once. :D When do you think it'll be ready to play?

1. Most importantly: DID YOU LIKE IT? (yes)
2. Was the pacing okay? (Were the scenes with each fella too short/long?) It had just the right pacing.
3. D...Did you think the game was funny? Yes, it cheered me up.
4. What did you think of the characters? Who’s your favorite? Honestly, the main character is my favorite. The least was probably the roof guy, but he still caught my attention. I didn't play through his paths though I did the other two.
5. Are you interested in playing the rest of the game? What do you want to see most in the full version? Yes, definitely. Some bonuses a part of the final game after the story.

chickandnugget
Regular

#57 Post by chickandnugget »

@wyverngem: Thank you for playing the demo (and liking it!) I'm glad that it could brighten up your day ^^
I'm also happy that the MC was your favorite character! I had a lot of fun writing her haha
I definitely had some concepts for 'afterstory' type things in mind, so I'll see what I can do!
Oh, and I'm setting a soft release date for February.

Smol update: Put the updated main menu for the demo & link to the game's itch.io page in the main post.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#58 Post by Godline »

A resounding: Yes! Of course. Hehe.

2. Was the pacing okay? (Were the scenes with each fella too short/long?

Too short but only because I wanted more.

3. D...Did you think the game was funny?

Yep. I didn't laugh out loud but I was thoroughly amused.

Leo. The indoors guy. He's really unique. I can't imagine the poor MC will win anyone over but if she manages to get him away from his planes I'll be very amused.

5. Are you interested in playing the rest of the game?

Yes finishitnowIbegyou.

What do you want to see most in the full version?

Hilarity ensuing. The guys looking up what an otome is and shaming the MC for her presumption. Clichés like accidental kissing and the like. Keep making it ridiculous.

Thanks for a great idea and execution of that idea!

chickandnugget
Regular

#59 Post by chickandnugget »

@Godline: Thanks for all your feedback on the demo c:
I'm happy that you found it amusing (and for liking our qt Leo! I was starting to worry that nobody would haha)

Another smol (or big?) update: All sprites are officially done! Updated the main post with Elliot and current progress state.

Anyubel
Regular
Projects: Project Miasma
Deviantart: AnyuBel

#60 Post by Anyubel »

Yasss! I found it really cute!

2. Was the pacing okay? (Were the scenes with each fella too short/long?)

I think Case might be blushing a little too much and giving in a little too early... I also think the computer scene can be a little longer to flesh that part out a little.

3. D...Did you think it was funny?
I liked Bobka's remarks towards Case if that answers the question :lol:

Protagonist is amusing. Kind of reminds me of me back in high school, except for the fact that I never asked any guy out (ie. I was just boy crazy lol). Though, if you mean one of the guys, probably Case. Because reasons. I was a little bit thrown for a loop because I thought he would be a lot more pretentious than that. I think it was a good thing that he wasn't all that pretentious, though. I would probably have him as my least favourite in that Case (no pun intended).

5. Are you interested in playing the rest of the game? What do you want to see most in the full version?
Heck yeah! I want to see more funny stuff from Bobka. Rarely do I get to see a protagonist that actually has a personality that is so colourful.