The Sculpture Club Mystery [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kaeruranawa
Regular
Completed: Times Up: Turn the Page!
Organization: Noveleap

The Sculpture Club Mystery [Mystery]

#1 Post by kaeruranawa »

Summary
Tensions are high for the members of the New Oak’s Sculpture Club as the deadline for finishing submissions for a big contest draws ever nearer. Everything is going smoothly until, unfortunately, something quite unexpected happens two days before entries are due...

Screenshots
ImageImage

Backgrounds
ImageImage

CGs

Characters

Lily
She's considered one of the best sculptors in the entire state and is revered by almost all club members. Having joined the sculpture club one week after its initial founding, she knocked the resident top sculptor Rosa from her throne...

Laurel
She is extremely protective of her best friend Lily due to the young woman’s (outwardly) meek personality. Being a person with a hot temper, Laurel is quick to pick a fight with anyone who even looks at Lily wrong...

Daisy
The Sculpture Club's newest member who is a huge fan of Lily's work. She is incredibly chatty and has a bad habit of either causing or getting in trouble due to her big mouth. Yet when Daisy is finally able to hold her tongue, will she cause even greater trouble?

Rosa
She is the Sculpture club's first official member and, as she aspires to teach sculpting someday, offers constructive criticism to all who ask. She was considered the best of the best throughout all her years of schooling when it came to sculpting but when Lily suddenly came into the picture, it was the first time Rosa experienced being thought of as "second best". After this fact sinks in, will feelings of extreme jealousy emerge?

Holly
The President and founder of the Sculpture club at New Oaks Academy. Due to her club having so few members, the school doesn't offer much in the way of funding so she is constantly on the prowl for new members. News reached her about a sculpting contest offering a big cash prize that could easily cover all the club's expenses for the rest of the year! Her ace sculptor Lily is entering, who is pretty much guaranteed to win. But unlike the other club members who would be willing to donate at least half the money if they win, Lily isn’t promising to give the club any money. What to do, what to do...

Douglas
The Vice President of the Sculpture club. He has been friends with Holly for several years and understands how important this club is to her. Seeing money was becoming a big issue, He became willing to do whatever it took to help secure more...

Current Progress
Script - 85%
Art - 65%
GUI - 15%

Team
2ClassyBricks - Art, Script, GUI
Kaeru Ranawa - Programming, Team Leader, GUI

The End!
Hello! This is technically our group's very first Visual Novel. Work on it began in late January but got halted when March came around due to NanorenO. (We finished that game, by the way!)

This is what we have so far, and we're open to any critique based on what's been shown on this thread. :)
Last edited by kaeruranawa on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Head programmer of NoveLeap. Founder, Developer and Designer of the VN GUI Project.

Image Image

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: The Sculpture Club Mystery [Mystery]

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

Wow, you guys already came up with another game? Cool :) . I played your last one and really liked it a lot. I'm excited for this game, but I'd like to know something. Is this a BxG game, GxG game, or no romance at all. I take it that Alex is our main character because their name appears in a pic but not the character list? Also, how long is the game and our there any choices in it?

Besides those questions I love the art of this game and the story. I'm interested to see what happens between Lilly and Rosa. I sense tensions :shock:

One a side not, I don't know if I'm actually going to like Lilly much. I mean Rosa, from what I read, doesn't seem like a bad girl and likes to help people become better at their art. But Lilly, who is the best member of the club, won't even help it by donating some money if she wins. Is she actually selfish or is it something else?

Tawwny

#3 Post by Tawwny »

Fenrir34 wrote:Wow, you guys already came up with another game? Cool :) . I played your last one and really liked it a lot. I'm excited for this game, but I'd like to know something. Is this a BxG game, GxG game, or no romance at all. I take it that Alex is our main character because their name appears in a pic but not the character list? Also, how long is the game and our there any choices in it?

Besides those questions I love the art of this game and the story. I'm interested to see what happens between Lilly and Rosa. I sense tensions :shock:

One a side not, I don't know if I'm actually going to like Lilly much. I mean Rosa, from what I read, doesn't seem like a bad girl and likes to help people become better at their art. But Lilly, who is the best member of the club, won't even help it by donating some money if she wins. Is she actually selfish or is it something else?
Actually this game was in production a little over a month before we made Time's Up! ^^ (Think I started plot outlining this one on Jan 27th of this year...)

There won't be any romance, sorry. And yes you're right, Alex is the main character! For now this is their default name but I'm considering allowing the player to input a name they would prefer. This is going to be a short game so maybe about thirty minutes tops? But I'm still adding stuff so it'll probably be longer. There definitely will be choices!

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#4 Post by Fenrir34 »

Tawwny wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:Wow, you guys already came up with another game? Cool :) . I played your last one and really liked it a lot. I'm excited for this game, but I'd like to know something. Is this a BxG game, GxG game, or no romance at all. I take it that Alex is our main character because their name appears in a pic but not the character list? Also, how long is the game and our there any choices in it?

Actually this game was in production a little over a month before we made Time's Up! ^^ (Think I started plot outlining this one on Jan 27th of this year...)

There won't be any romance, sorry. And yes you're right, Alex is the main character! For now this is their default name but I'm considering allowing the player to input a name they would prefer. This is going to be a short game so maybe about thirty minutes tops? But I'm still adding stuff so it'll probably be longer. There definitely will be choices!

It's okay that there's no romance. It still looks like a cool game :) . One last question though, is Alexi's gender left up to the player because that name can be for both guys and girls?

Tawwny

#5 Post by Tawwny »

Fenrir34 wrote:
Tawwny wrote:

It's okay that there's no romance. It still looks like a cool game :) . One last question though, is Alexi's gender left up to the player because that name can be for both guys and girls?
I'm glad to hear that, thank you so much for your support! I'm not very confident in my skills of writing anything romantic right now but maybe someday in the future. And while yes, the gender of the main character isn't acknowledged in game so there won't be a menu asking in regards to that.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#6 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This seems super cute!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Annie Quinn
Regular

#7 Post by Annie Quinn »

I love the character designs! I'll be keeping an eye on this.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#8 Post by AntiquedFae »

Ooh, this all looks so fun! I adore mystery, and this one makes me nostalgic about the sorts of children's mysteries I read when I was younger(I mean this in the best way!). Also, A Sculpture broke. That makes me giggle. XD
I can't wait to play it when it is done!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.