Hellbound [NBxG/B/NB] [Demons+Paranormal]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PennJones
Projects: Hellbound
Tumblr: nbshep

Hellbound [NBxG/B/NB] [Demons+Paranormal]

#1 Post by PennJones »

Plot:
Hellbound is about Cyn, a sixteen year old nonbinary kid. Cyn's family disapproves of their gender, and isn't shy about their blatant shitty-ness. Cyn's mother drags them off to church once a week, at least, and Cyn's father tries to scare them into being 'normal' whenever he can. One day, Cyn tries praying - to the devil. To their surprise, he appears in their room, and drags them into Hell(or 'the underlands', as its inhabitants call it).
Characters:
Lucifer
Lucifer is Satan's son. He's generally quiet, though he tries to open up to Cyn when he finds out that he might be marrying them. Lucifer is interested in 'the midlands', or the world that humans inhabit.

Medusa
Medusa is the great-great-etc.-granddaughter of the original Medusa. Since most of her family members are human, she can switch between living in the midlands or the underlands(hell/the underworld). Medusa is flirtatious, cheerful, a bit sarcastic, and mildly obnoxious.

Ezekiel
Ezekiel is a demon. He's generally nice, though a bit of a prankster. He resides in the underlands, although his origins are unknown.

Talon
Talon is a nonbinary ghost. They're shy, usually nervous, and wary of strangers, although they cling a bit to Cyn. Talon exists in the midlands.

Wysteria
Wysteria is a witch from the midlands. She's open-minded, hard-working, and cheerful.

Viktor
Viktor is a boy from the midlands. He's timid and smart. Though he tries to act 'emotionless', he can't help trying to befriend every living thing he sees.

What does nonbinary mean?:
Nonbinary is an umbrella term for any sort of gender that doesn't fit the binary genders(male and female).

-----
I've started working on this project again.
I will be using a somewhat different narrative style, removing stat-raising, and the game will only consist of 100 in-game days instead of 365. I hope to have a new demo out this summer, and I hope to finish the game by 2016.
I do apologize to those interested in the game, and those who helped(and offered to help) me with creating it, as it should have been finished by now. Still, I think my writing's improved since last year, and I hope that because of this, the game will be much better than it would have been.
Last edited by PennJones on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 am, edited 19 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Hellbound [XxG, XxB, XxX] [Demons, paranormal, dark humo

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Ahaaaa, I'm not super fond of "dark" stories, but I think I'm gonna like this one. I have a question though... what's a nonbinary? :) Haha, sorry, I've never heard of it before. :( Haha.

Anyway, goodluck on this! :) Looking forward to playing it~

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#3 Post by Broodelin »

Ran08 wrote:Ahaaaa, I'm not super fond of "dark" stories, but I think I'm gonna like this one. I have a question though... what's a nonbinary? :) Haha, sorry, I've never heard of it before. :( Haha.

A person who identifies as nonbinary does not identify themselves as either male or female. :)

wererat42
Regular

#4 Post by wererat42 »

Unless s/he is a hermaphrodite, would s/he not still be biologically a male or female, and thus be bisexual? Sorry, but this is a new concept to me.

Broodelin
Regular

#5 Post by Broodelin »

wererat42 wrote:Unless s/he is a hermaphrodite, would s/he not still be biologically a male or female, and thus be bisexual? Sorry, but this is a new concept to me.
Bisexual is a term for those who are sexually attracted to people of both traditional genders.

Anyways, I like the concept of this game and I like that it includes characters of unique gender identities. I wish you the best of luck on developing your project! :)

PennJones

#6 Post by PennJones »

Ran08 wrote:Ahaaaa, I'm not super fond of "dark" stories, but I think I'm gonna like this one. I have a question though... what's a nonbinary? :) Haha, sorry, I've never heard of it before. :( Haha.

Nonbinary is a gender. Some people don't really 'fit in' the binary genders(male and female), so they call themselves nonbinary.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

Ohhh, I see. So that's why the pairings are xxx. Haha. Thanks guys. :)

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#8 Post by Chasing Summer »

I’ve always thought demons and the paranormal are pretty interesting in fiction, so I’m looking forward to this project. Good luck on finding an artist!
new account: sonnenblumen

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#9 Post by Lady-Cynic »

A game filled with non-binaries! It's like it was made for me! This game looks hella interesting, and a great concept. I just want to know, since I'm curious, is Cyn agender, genderfluid/genderqueer, or just non-binary in general?

And if you still need a BG artist, I can help. I just really love drawing backgrounds. >.<

Good luck on your game.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

PennJones

#10 Post by PennJones »

Lady-Cynic wrote:A game filled with non-binaries! It's like it was made for me! This game looks hella interesting, and a great concept. I just want to know, since I'm curious, is Cyn agender, genderfluid/genderqueer, or just non-binary in general?

And if you still need a BG artist, I can help. I just really love drawing backgrounds. >.<

Good luck on your game.
Cyn's just nonbinary in general.
I do still need a BG artist. Should I PM you?

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#11 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Yup, I'm pretty free at the moment, so might as well. :)
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

PennJones

Re: Hellbound [XxG, XxB, XxX] [Demons+Paranormal]

#12 Post by PennJones »

Added the character sprites to the topic.
Also: I should have a demo released sometime this summer. I'm not sure when, exactly, though. The demo will go through the first 100 days of the game. This will just give the player some information on the characters and a decent understanding of the plot, and won't include any major character arc/plot spoilers. I lied. The demo goes through the first week or so of gameplay. Another demo will be released in a while, though, and that one will cover the first hundred days of the game.
Last edited by PennJones on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Broodelin
Regular

#13 Post by Broodelin »

Talon seems like they're a sweetheart, and I really like Medusa too. :)

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#14 Post by meiri »

I am seriously digging the plot, as well as the art :)
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?