Dark Nights [Otome,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Pinlin
Regular
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#46 Post by Pinlin »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:*Looks at it with complete adoration while blood drips out of my nose*
LOVE IT! Magnificent work of art!
Pinlin wrote:Now it worries me if the side characters caught too many hearts XD
Yeeeeeeesssssssss! START WORRYING! THE SIDE CHARACTERS REALLY HAVE CAUGHT MY HEART XD
I'm glad that you like my art style!
Hoho, not for long and the maincharacters will win you back with their charm and exciting story.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#47 Post by riiko08 »

Pinlin wrote:
riiko08 wrote:Pinlin!!! (It's kooriiko here from DA!)
I see that you're still working on your otome game. XD
Everything looks so good and pro! I can't wait to play it soon! Goodluck!
Riikoo baby (/*u*)/ Of course, I've been! There is no way I drop or slow down on this project now I got so far.
Whaa thank you so much, I'm doing my best on this!
If I'm not mistakes I saw you made some progress on yours too. I'm looking forward to play it as well /)*u*(\
I'm glad that you've done so much progress bby~ <3333
My progress is very, VERY slow though //sobs But I'm doing my best to make some progress (even if it's just small ones).
//cheers you on! *v*b

sei.chan

#48 Post by sei.chan »

I guess I have another person to stalk......err watch on deviantart.
Can't wait to play it dough!! <3

Pinlin
Regular

#49 Post by Pinlin »

sei.chan wrote:I guess I have another person to stalk......err watch on deviantart.
Can't wait to play it dough!! <3
Thank you so much! I'm trying to post more promotional arts on my deviantart when I have time. Working on CGs right now and I need to resist from
spoiling them lol.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#50 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Looking forward to this! Everything looks amazing!

Pinlin
Regular

#51 Post by Pinlin »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Looking forward to this! Everything looks amazing!
Thank you so much! I apologize for the lack of updates on this forum. From now on I will share more content here as well.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#52 Post by Pinlin »

Some doodles I made of the characters for fun. I wanted to see how they'd look like in anime hehe.

Heroine (Miyoko):

Junoru:

Kurato:
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#53 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Ohh, I have been stalking your game web site for quite some time and to speak the truth, never knew you had a Lemma account till now XD.

Really looking forward this game, since I totally love Miyuko, she's everything I wish for an otome heroine, strong, badass and intelligent. It would be more perfect if she has little bit sadistic side XD

As for most interesting character is of course the heroine but as for those that I want to date ....aww mines belong to sub charas, like Chain and the twins.
and maybe Zeikun since I have a thing for red and white haired guys...Sachiro has white hair, but he's shota.

Well, good luck to you I understand how hard is doing everything alone and still want to do it alone, since I'm also newbe who's currently soloing her game alone.

Btw,I laughed so much at Junoru's anime pic,cuz his face is completely opposite then what he says.

Game dev blog:Tumblr

Pinlin
Regular

#54 Post by Pinlin »

Mashiro-chi wrote:Ohh, I have been stalking your game web site for quite some time and to speak the truth, never knew you had a Lemma account till now XD.

Really looking forward this game, since I totally love Miyuko, she's everything I wish for an otome heroine, strong, badass and intelligent. It would be more perfect if she has little bit sadistic side XD

As for most interesting character is of course the heroine but as for those that I want to date ....aww mines belong to sub charas, like Chain and the twins.
and maybe Zeikun since I have a thing for red and white haired guys...Sachiro has white hair, but he's shota.

Well, good luck to you I understand how hard is doing everything alone and still want to do it alone, since I'm also newbe who's currently soloing her game alone.

Btw,I laughed so much at Junoru's anime pic,cuz his face is completely opposite then what he says.
I started the whole project on lemmasoft years ago, so I thought people would find the site through here. If not, how else did you find me? xD

I'm glad that you like her personality! Mary Sue characters are dominating in VNs so I wanted to create something opposite. I wonder if shota characters are less liked in general despite their personality. Is it their appearance? His sprite art was done a while agon Now looking at him, he looks like indeed very young.
I've read reviews of Dandelion Wishes Brought To You and they said Jieun looks too young to romanticize. He looks older than Sachiro...
Nevertheless, he won't be a typical shota. I find it funny that Chain and the twins got quite some interest. I thought creepy characters were not attractive lol.

Aww thank you! Will our motivation never run out ^_^
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#55 Post by Pinlin »

Character development I made through a little more than one year. I thank my perfectionistic side for this improvement.
Some people told me that they prefered the March 2014 version, which I understand. However, I find it quite difficult to
draw and sought for an easier and clean style. I changed their designs a bit to fit my taste. Especially Kurato and Zeikun
got a make-over lol.

Heroine (Miyoko)

I found her old design to generic.

Junoru
One of the maincharacters with the least change in design.

Kurato
One of the maincharacters I had no ideas for. In the end he looks like a priest with weird taste for fashion xD

Zeikun
I had a really tough time drawing muscular men. Look some time to learn proper anatomy.

Sachiro
Still remaining the cute-looking type.

As for the side characters, they needed revamp too.

Lioji
I realized he wears his outfit wrong. Let's say, it's just his sense of fashion.

Kaichi
I wanted to make his uniform look more distinctive and fancy. His earring is a small watch.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#56 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This is looking stunning.

You say you're slow, while I just can't believe you've achieved so much in 2yrs working on your own.

Your art is gorgeous.

Pinlin
Regular

#57 Post by Pinlin »

@LesLeigh63

2 years sounds like a lot of time if you're only working on one project. I don't compare myself to others, so I don't know how fast other people progress.
On lemmesoft, I mostly encounter projects done within 1-2 years so it feels like I'm slow haha.

At the beginning I wasn't very fond of my art. Instead using stocks or hiring artists, I practised on my own. I'm not very good at working in teams, as it often feels like I'm doing the most work. This way I can only complain at myself :'D Thank you for the feedback, I will keep up this quality.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#58 Post by try10 »

The art is gorgeous, it's really, really beautiful. :D I'm glad that you are still working on this project.
Thank you for your hard work!

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#59 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Pinlin wrote:
I started the whole project on lemmasoft years ago, so I thought people would find the site through here. If not, how else did you find me? xD

I'm glad that you like her personality! Mary Sue characters are dominating in VNs so I wanted to create something opposite. I wonder if shota characters are less liked in general despite their personality. Is it their appearance? His sprite art was done a while agon Now looking at him, he looks like indeed very young.
I've read reviews of Dandelion Wishes Brought To You and they said Jieun looks too young to romanticize. He looks older than Sachiro...
Nevertheless, he won't be a typical shota. I find it funny that Chain and the twins got quite some interest. I thought creepy characters were not attractive lol.

Aww thank you! Will our motivation never run out ^_^
Hmm,I think it was when I wanted to find some English otoge with heroine that had a personality,since in Japanese ones they were uh,"perfect,naive little girls,without any personality..." and wrote something "English otome game" in google... after that I accidentally founded your game and, well instantly fell in love with Miyoko...heh.

As for shotas,well while their appearance also count since it gives you vibes that you're dating a kid? but more than that, to me it's personality.... Shota's usually has innocent,cute,timid, or shy personality even though they're uh 16-18? which makes me think "eh, aright you look like child,but why even your personality is like a kid" just because they're short doesn't mean they're child right(looking at you honey-sempai from ouran high school).... so shota is not really my type, except Syo from uta-pri, he has his childishs moment, but isn't like typical shota,Innocent and cute outside. Let's hope Sachiro isn't the typical shota like you said.

The reason I like Chain and the twins (other than their design) is because usually characters with mysterious and cool/cold personality is so moe when they have "dere" moment. And just by thinking if they ever fall in love with the heroine and going all "dere dere" for her, makes me melt inside X3
Though if they are yandere then of course no, ugh just no, they treat you like a precious porcelain doll and not a human with human right and life, which is so,so...I don't even know what I should feel...angry or sad for yanderes...
which is why I never understood why some people loves yanderes...

Game dev blog:Tumblr

theshrimplord
Regular

#60 Post by theshrimplord »

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?
I'm torn between Junoru and Zeikun! I normally go for darker guys, so I guess this makes a bit of sense.

2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror)
Oh yes, I adore horror, it's my favorite genre!

3. How much would you pay for IF this was a commercial game?
Hm. I actually do not purchase commercial otome, but I play alot of "pay what you want". If I enjoy an Otome, I'll usually go back after playing and pay $5-$10.