Dark Nights [Otome,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#61 Post by crystalscm »

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?
I would probably try and pursue Junoru and Sachiro; I have always had a thing for quiet, mysterious and somewhat awkward characters, so I always consider them to be my favorite. Also, Zeikun is very interesting!

2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror)
Eh, I've never really been bothered by soft horror, so I guess I would still play it.

3. How much would you pay for IF this was a commercial game?
I don't know, probably $10 or $15 dollars?

In all honesty, I really wish Chain, Blace and Jace were obtainable characters... I mean (1) they look really handsome and (2) I'm so curious about them! By the way, will you have a walkthrough?

Pinlin
Regular
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin

#62 Post by Pinlin »

Thank you so much for the feedback!

@crystalscm

It depends on amount requests for a walkthrough, I let the players figure out on their own first xD
Even though the choices are be hard, the answers may be obvious to what's right.

Because you like Chain, I drop this promotional art of him:

In case you're curious, I made a speedpaint video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye6bP1BNMWM

I don't know if it's worth to make extra routes and if I have enough time. So far, the side characters play an important role in each route.
Even without their own routes, you'll get to know a lot about them.

@Mashiro-chi

A special for Miyoko-fans:

@theshrimplord

Hoho, hello fellow horror-fan!
It makes sense why you prefer "pay what you want" game. I've heard about this before in mobile games but it sounds hard to program for pc.
Like, do you have to distribute each route seperately? Another theory is to use a password, but nowdays many games get illegally cracked.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#63 Post by Zelan »

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why? Rasumi is adorable, her description is wonderfully intriguing, and her fan art is just mmmmm. So I'm very interested to get to know more about her.
2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror) I'm not a huuuuge fan of horror, but since I've been told beforehand that it's horror, it isn't hardcore, and it seems like it has a good story I'd be willing to give it a shot.
3. How much would you pay for IF this was a commercial game? This is a difficult question for me to answer since I don't really have a way to purchase things online and I've never played a commercial VN before, but I would probably put it between $8 and $15, to give you a rough estimate.

Pinlin
Regular

#64 Post by Pinlin »

@Zelan thank you for the feedback!

Dropping this little comic about pursuing cute characters in mystery/horror otome.

My thoughts on NTR in visual novels... I don't know pure protagonists.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#65 Post by Pinlin »

Promotional art of the heroine. I haven't drawn a solo picture of her in my newest art style of this game.
My skills sure have changed a lot through 2 years.

Everything about this concept is symbolic and the elements are linked to the story. She is falling in a sea of skulls,
just like how she forces herself into murder investigations. The skulls below her are dark, while the one she holds
is white. It may be her beloved one as she looks at it with sad eyes. Tears are coming from it's empty eyes.
On the top left corner is a black moon. When I hear "Dark Nights", I picture a sky with no stars or moon.
A moon eclipse would be fitting.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#66 Post by Windchimes »

Oh my gosh I don't know how I missed this thread before. This looks absolutely amazing! I absolutely adore the art! My first reaction was "Oh man, this is so pretty that this is definitely going to be commercial. I should turn away now before making myself sad because I won't be able to buy this..." then I scrolled down and saw "free" and my jaw dropped. I can't believe a game with this HQ art and 200k+ words is being released for free, and I am so, so excited for this now.

But seriously, the art is gorgeous. The CGs in the screenshots are beautiful. The promotional art you just posted is stunning. The premise is intriguing. The characters are interesting. I have tons I can say about this haha. I really can't believe I never saw this thread before. I'm definitely bookmarking this and stalking it for updates.

I know you said that it'll be release sometime in 2016. Any plans/estimates for when? (Sorry, I'm just hardcore fangirling right now xD)

To answer your questions:

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?
I really like Junoru! He sounds like he needs a hug D: And I'm curious about what he's thinking/why he's sad, so I find him interesting.

2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror)
Yep! As long as it's not crazy gore, I don't have a problem with horror art.

3. How much would you pay for IF this was a commercial game?
Uhhh hard to answer since I don't usually play commercial games tbh (woes of a poor college student). I think maybe $10 or so?

4. What are your overall thoughts of this game?
I'll save you the fangirling rambles again xD

Good luck!! <3 I'll be really looking forward to this :D

Pinlin
Regular

#67 Post by Pinlin »

@Windchimes
This thread was burried under other amazing games for a while, till someone kicked it up haha. When I made the site, I thought it wasn't necessary to update it frequently here and expected people to follow the site instead. Expectations =/= reality. 2 years ago I intended to make a free game and my thoughts haven't changed. My standards have gone up though. Even it's free, I wanted to put my best effords into. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

I can't tell about the exact release date because I underestimated the workload. This is my first game and I don't know yet about possible errors. Besides music, I'm dong everything else alone and occasionally direct the composers. Even though I'm still in school, I'm working on this project every day. I do my best to live up to your expectations :'D

So far Junoru is quite popular. He was the first character I came up with for this project, along with his storyline. There is a twist in every plot, I wonder if your opinion would change or stay the same after playing. Now I look at the artworks, they look kind of cute LOL. I won't ruin this image and surprise innocent minds with gore art xD

I'm not experienced with pricing because this seems like a subjective matter. Knowing other's opinion will be useful for future reference IF I'm going to involve with commercial VNs.

Don't worry about rambling, I'd like to hear any of your thoughts ;D

---------------------------

I just made a tumblr blog mostly for art-related stuff! http://darknightsblog.tumblr.com
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#68 Post by Pinlin »

Some 'thank you' doodles!

Roya:

Zeikun:

Update: Currently I'm working with the composers to polish up some soundtracks. Due school, I've been delayed the past weeks.
I hope summer will give me more time to work on DN.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Zelan »

School always seems to get in the way of everything, doesn't it?

That drawing of Zeikun is A+, by the way. ^_^

Pinlin
Regular

#70 Post by Pinlin »

Zelan wrote:School always seems to get in the way of everything, doesn't it?

That drawing of Zeikun is A+, by the way. ^_^
Yeah, it does. On the other hand it somehow motivates me to get on work. You know, when you have a huge workload on your list,
you randomly start to do other things lol. During my exam period I managed to finish some art under this pressure.

I'm glad that you like his doodle >u<
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#71 Post by Pinlin »

Background previews. I've used these as banner on my blog http://darknights-time.weebly.com
banner21.png
banner18.png
banne19.png
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#72 Post by Zelan »

Oh, my gosh, those are gorgeous. I especially love the second one!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#73 Post by sakurakimuchi »

I get amazed with every single update here, your art is gorgeous, but no just that, everything about this game is perfect. I'm so, so excited to play it!

Pinlin
Regular

#74 Post by Pinlin »

Zelan wrote:Oh, my gosh, those are gorgeous. I especially love the second one!
I'm happy to hear that you like the backgrounds! They aren't really my field but I do my best efforts.
sakurakimuchi wrote:I get amazed with every single update here, your art is gorgeous, but no just that, everything about this game is perfect. I'm so, so excited to play it!
Thank you for your kind words! I hope this game doesn't get below your expectations in the end lol.

A bonus for supporters on http://darknightsblog.tumblr.com/
Doodle of Chain, he is the most voted supporting character. More updates coming soon!
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

chiharuchi
Regular

#75 Post by chiharuchi »

Ahhn. =q= I found a new game to follow~ I'm looking forward to it, creators. > u <