Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - EARLY ACCESS, FREE DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
poetic
Regular
Projects: Sacred Fire
Organization: poetic

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - FREE DEMO OUT NOW

#106 Post by poetic »

Hello everyone,

we've been hard at work and there is a new updated version of the demo with detailed tutorials and tooltips:

One of the many improvements is also native support for ultra-wide monitors for an even more cinematic lookin story scenes and a neater look in UI:

If you get a chance to play the new demo, please let me know what you think about the new tutorials and tooltips and how easy it was for you to feel like you understand all the nuances of the game.
Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord
Join the email newsletter

poetic
Regular

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - FREE DEMO OUT NOW

#107 Post by poetic »

Hey everyone, an Early Access on Steam and GoG is available now.

Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

Arkilos

#108 Post by Arkilos »

poetic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:57 am Hello there Arkilos,

thank you for reaching out and for your kind words. Did you have a chance to try the demo, or is your impression of gameplay based on the streams we broadcasted on Steam?

Please do not get discouraged, as you can see from the first post, there is a long history behind the game, before it became what you see now. But I do know what you mean. When I first started this thread and it go like a few dozen views on the first day, I looked at the threads with tens of thousands of views and saw no way how to get there. But now here I am, and this thread has over 20,000 views. So if creating your own stories makes you feel alive, motivated, then just keep doing it. Eventually you will get to the level, where people start to recognize the hard work you put in and enjoy the experiences you created.

If it's not too much trouble, which article do you mean?
Hello, sorry for taking so long to reply. Simply ment that I do not play a lot of RPGs. The last one I played was Kingdom Hearts a long time ago on the PS2. Most of what I play these days are Japanese Visual Novels. It is from them that I take a lot of inspiration from my own current work, especially
MoeNovel's If my heart my wings, and Four Leaf Studios' Katawa Shoujo. When I am not playing visual novels, I can be found playing A-Train, or City Skylines.
Novum Arkilum

poetic
Regular

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - EARLY ACCESS, FREE DEMO

#109 Post by poetic »

Thank you for your reply Arkilos, I appreciate it. Best of luck with your current project.

As for Sacred Fire news, we published an Act 1 update and revealed some new character art for the big Act 2 update coming in July 2022.

This week you can get the game in the Steam Summer Sale with a discount.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - EARLY ACCESS, FREE DEMO

#110 Post by poetic »

Hello everyone,

Act 2, a free update to the Sacred Fire Early Access build, is out now on Steam and GoG - doubling the play-through length.

There is a 25% sale on Steam.

You can learn more about what to expect in our Steam Announcement.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#111 Post by poetic »

Hey there,

to boost role-playing in the current build of Sacred Fire even more, we’re adding a lot of new player choices and story beats (including romance) to the game, all based on player feedback and suggestions.

You can learn more from our Steam Announcement or read about it here on GoG forums.

Thank you for your patience and support. All feedback is welcome.

Kind regards,
Andrej

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#112 Post by jack_norton »

Adding romance is always a good thing :wink:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

poetic
Regular

#113 Post by poetic »

jack_norton wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 am Adding romance is always a good thing :wink:
Thank you :)

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#114 Post by poetic »

The annual Czech & Slovak Games Week is here to celebrate games made by passionate teams from two countries that share the history of a united struggle for independence and freedom. As part of the festivities, Sacred Fire is 25% off during the event.

A perceptive observe may spot a link why we're not introducing the Caledonian resistance as one tribe, but as a community of different people, able to look past their differences, united in their suffering and struggle against a common oppressor.

Sacred Fire has been selected for the opening live stream, so I've recorded a video introducing the game to new players:

You can try the free demo here.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord