Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - EARLY ACCESS, FREE DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
revan335

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, wa

#46 Post by revan335 »

This sounds fantastic! I sometimes spend more than an hour creating my character in rpgs. I'm glad to hear that you will be paying particular attention to this. Also I'm super happy to hear that romances will be included in your game. Also your characters are very interesting. I'm eager to get to know them and have them as my allies/rivals/enemies/lovers.

Also I just voted for you in steam greenlight! I will support you whenever you get your kickstarter up!

poetic
Regular
Projects: Sacred Fire
Organization: poetic

#47 Post by poetic »

We took the Steam Greenlight voting by storm - we currently have 1,050 YES votes and we are thankful for each and every one of them.

We still need some more to get Greenlit, so if you like what you see, please consider helping us to get the word out, either by reaching out to friends, admins, bloggers and influencers, or let the people know on reddit or social media. We appreciate all the help we can get, thank you.
Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord
Join the email newsletter

poetic
Regular

#48 Post by poetic »

We just made it into the top 100 games on Steam Greenlight. It took less than 3 days - you guys are awesome, thank you all! :D

Let's see how far we can keep climbing.

There is a thread on reddit about us, your upvote can help us reach even more fans, thank you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... turnbased/
Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#49 Post by poetic »

We woke up to a nice surprise today, we are already #75 in the Steam Greenlight. Thank you all for your continuous and unrelenting support.

It's the first time we are making waves, well maybe ripples :), on Reddit as well.

We basically need one last push to get to the top 50 where the Greenlighting happens.

Who will be the hero to save the day today?

This scene shows why relationships in Sacred Fire matter - they can be literary the difference between life and death.
Of course not all relationships are friendly and how you manage the hostile ones is equally as important and affects also combat encounters difficulty.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

#50 Post by Hazel »

Wow. There are so many interesting ideas packed into this game, I don't even know where to start. I love the idea of emotions affecting gameplay, for one. There was a mechanic a bit like that in Long Live the Queen and I just loved it.
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

poetic
Regular

#51 Post by poetic »

Thank you for reaching out and for your kind words. It's interesting to know that people need time to process what Sacred Fire really is and how it plays. Yes, the emotions part is key to binding story choices and combat together, so that they both matter and support each other in the long term.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#52 Post by poetic »

Thanks to you all, our Steam Greenlight is well underway. With almost 2,500 votes we are getting close to being in the top 30. That would be quite a feat for us and our community.

In the meanwhile, we would like to ask what you think about the voting that happens on our site:

More than 500 of you voted at https://www.SacredFireGame.com/#voting for their favorite character to raise the NPCs in-game influence.

You can choose between characters that want to vengefully crush Rome, or those who want to survive Rome and build a nation. This way you can have a powerful, like-minded NPC ally inside the game.

As a player character you are always free to choose your own path. It just makes things easier if an NPC has your back, or harder if you fight alone.

It's also an interesting feedback to our casting/writing. What do you think?

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

revan335

#53 Post by revan335 »

I find it really interesting that so many voted for Clair. I got a feeling that she was a ranger but I guess she was more captivating than I thought.

poetic
Regular

#54 Post by poetic »

revan335 wrote:I find it really interesting that so many voted for Clair. I got a feeling that she was a ranger but I guess she was more captivating than I thought.
Yes, it's interesting. And yes, there is much more to Clair than being a ghost of the wilderness :) But it's great to see people like the characters you envision as a writer, basically on first sight, as they haven't even interacted with the characters yet and we haven't revealed who they truly are.

What I find also interesting is that the the faction hell bent on making Rome pay is not winning. I feel like there may be some hope for humanity after all :) If people are willing to look past the cruelty and revenge and wish to leave behind a better world for their children. Do not get me wrong, the patriots will still need to lead a very real resistance war, but the objective is to save as many of their own, instead of watching Rome burn even if it means to burn down with them.

But then, players haven't felt the cruelty of Rome first hand yet. But what do you do once evil touches your live? I think this is a question that defines a person very deeply. This is the kind of questions we want to explore.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

revan335

#55 Post by revan335 »

Very true. It's easy to not want revenge when Rome's cruelty doesn't affect you. But get to know the characters and the world.... well, people may change their minds. It'll be really interesting trying to convince Morrigan or Raven not to burn Rome down. Interacting with characters in and out of combat is gonna be awesome!

poetic
Regular

#56 Post by poetic »

Thank you, yes Morrigan and Raven certainly have a lot of reasons to see the world the way they see it.

I want to touch also upon the pro-Roman or pro-Celtic agenda. We do not write the story from a perspective, that Rome is all bad and Caledonia is all good. The idea we explore in the game story is, that it's not so simple. There are no good sides in this conflict. While we tell the story from the perspective of Caledonians, we do not think their tribal feud, raiding, wolfing way of live is ideal either. This is represented by the royalty faction wanting to crush Rome no matter what. The patriot factions is a search for a solution that will lead to peace, but we do not want to spoil more.

The theme we want to explore is how to end a war and how to evoke an ideal in a society. So the links of reflection go back for us to our contemporary society, that is driven by natural instinct to consume. Here the natural instinct is to take revenge. So the question we explore is, what is the vision strong enough to inspire people, that there is more to life than to live like an animal.

Btw. this morning was a nice surprise: we made it into the top 20 on Steam Greenlight, with over 3,000 YES votes, we reached #18.
Thank you all :) it shouldn't take long now, but we appreciate every fan, so if you like what you see, please please vote for us now.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#57 Post by poetic »

Last week the guys from 11 Bit Studios came to our town to talk about the writing of This War of Mine, an indie game about surviving as civilians in a war. If you never heard about the game, you should totally check out their trailer, I’m still having goose bumps watching it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxf1seOpijE
It’s a masterpiece.

We share with our friends at 11 Bit Studios a similar vision that a good video game should make an impact on people’s lives. Sacred Fire will be an engaging and fun game but it’s designed to make you reflect on what is the right thing to do in a complex conflict and then see how things unfold.

I’m switching back and forth between an utter panic that there’s still so much to do and a feeling that everything will be fine because we’ve been preparing for this for months and people like the game wherever we go. Yes, it’s Kickstarter time! Mark (UPDATE): March 15th in your calendars and let’s talk about the most fun stuff: What kind of Kickstarter rewards you would like to see?

I’m so excited about this: We are discussing a bunch of rewards involving Doug Cockle, the voice of the Witcher, who is working with us on voiceovers.

We have a few reward ideas, but we turn to you with an irresistible offer: Tell me what is your dream Kickstarter reward. Would you like to get your own voicemail greeting narrated by Doug? Or how about a nice dinner with our team and Doug? What would be an attractive backer reward for you involving Doug? How much would it be worth to you?

And one more thing. We’re working hard on our Kickstarter project page and I want to get your feedback on it. Let me know if you’re willing to be a part of a small group of fans who will see the preview.

Also, we’re still on Steam Greenlight! We’ve hit the #12 spot recently. But it seems that we need a final push to get greenlit. You can help us here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =843790587
Last edited by poetic on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#58 Post by poetic »

Hey everyone we have some great news:

We have been Greenlit today, thank you all for your fantastic support!

It took 32 days and almost 4,000 YES votes. We are grateful and happy, it brings us one step closer to releasing the game.

We are also hard at work on our crowdfunding campaign. Based on your feedback we realized there is more we can do for the Kickstarter. Besides many tweaks based on your input, we are preparing an in-depth developer commentary video. We pushed back the launch of the campaign one week to get things right. I hope this doesn't affect anyone negatively.

We launch on Kickstarter on March the 15th.

We have some fantastic rewards lined up, including a voicemail greeting with your name in the famed voice by Doug Cockle, also known as Geralt of Rivia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#59 Post by poetic »

Hey everyone,

sorry for going radio silent in the last couple of weeks, we were preparing a fun campaign for you guys :)

The big day is here and we are live on Kickstarter!

We have also a developers' commentary video that defines what kind of role-playing experience Sacred Fire brings. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thank you for your support, we appreciate every fan.

Check out the limited rewards before they are gone.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#60 Post by poetic »

We posted our first update, Mordhau gave us a shoutout and more are promised. The Commnunity Goals unlocked info about 2 more characters:

We got to 20% in the first 24 hours, which feels good, but we are not out of the woods yet.

More than 200 Eraly Bird rewards are gone, please help us make this a reality and go get yours now!

You guys are doing a good job spreading the word, please keep at it. If you could take various sub-reddits by storm, that would help a lot.

Please support us by upvoting this reddit post, thank you!

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord