Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - EARLY ACCESS, FREE DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
poetic
Regular
Projects: Sacred Fire
Organization: poetic

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war]

#91 Post by poetic »

Thanks. We really appreciate it. We're designing the combat to be seamlessly integrated with the story. Our main goal is to keep you immersed in the narrative flow. So there's also story-like choices in the combat.
Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord
Join the email newsletter

poetic
Regular

#92 Post by poetic »

Hello everyone,

we're previewing Sacred Fire's story and choices from the first chapter of the game on Twitter. You can vote on what happens next.

Look for a pinned tweet: https://twitter.com/PoeticStudio

Also, if you'd like to check the text-based preview for yourself, you can subscribe here https://www.sacredfiregame.com/join/ and you'll get access.
Sacred Fire is a Role-Play Your Own Adventure Game where you need to master your emotions and outsmart your opponents.
Develop your inner strength in this tactical choice-driven tale of war and romance inspired by Caledonia.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#93 Post by poetic »

Hey guys,

It's been a while, so I'm very happy to share with you how Sacred Fire looks right now:

Sacred Fire will come to Steam in 2021.

The game will have full voice-over in English and will be translated to French, German, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.

Wishlist the game on Steam now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/900400/Sacred_Fire/

Sacred Fire consists of 3 acts. Each of the acts has 2 distinct branches. There are 5 distinct endings and 8 major achievements reward scenes.

You can play the game either as a male or a female protagonist. To showcase this here is a retelling of our "Something More" trailer, now with a female protagonist.

If you'd like to help wishlist the game on Steam now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/900400/Sacred_Fire/

Kind regards,
Andrej

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#94 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

IT'S MY SWEET CHILD, DOUG
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

poetic
Regular

#95 Post by poetic »

You can now join our brand new Discord chat room to ensures your place in the beta-testing we'll be running in the future. It's still ways off, but this way you don't miss it :)

You can also vote in the #polls channel on various choices we make while developing the game.

Currently we a running a poll asking for your opinion about the most fitting one-liner, describing Sacred Fire, that sets the right expectations to someone who is new to the game.

Thank you for your time.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

#96 Post by poetic »

Hello everyone,

TRAILER

I'm excited to share with you a brand new trailer for Sacred Fire:

The trailer features a military tactic that seems to have been forgotten in time. If you'd like to know more about how I connected the dots it, I've prepared an IMGUR post full of exciting shield wall action from various tv shows and movies. If you like it, please upvote it on IMGUR, every vote helps us a lot. Thank you.

DEMO

A playable demo will be up for a week from Jun 16th till June 22 during the Steam Next Fest. Follow the game on Steam to get notified when the demo goes live:

Doug Cockle's voice brings an important character to life in the demo

RELEASE

Sacred Fire will be coming to Early Access in Fall 2021.

The choice to launch in Early Access comes after careful consideration. We understand this makes the wait for the finished experience longer, but the key factor outweighing everything else, is that we believe, involving the community and listening to your feedback, is the way to create the best possible game.

It feels like a natural step for us to take, as Sacred Fire, since its first inception as a purely text-based experience, was developed with community play-testing and community feedback.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#97 Post by papillon »

Heh, I somehow didn't realise there was a thread for this here.

Well, since I was following it on steam to check on it later for my curator, I may as well ask here - are all the romance options straight-only or are there any lesbian possibilities? (I'm still interested in the game anyway but it can only go on the curation list if there's f/f)

poetic
Regular

#98 Post by poetic »

Hey papillon,

thank you for reaching out, I appreciate it and please apologize my delayed response. I'm re-posting our answer from our Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/900400/d ... 822057044/

As a micro-studio we have very limited resources what we can add into the game and what not. So there is no ill will in the decision, but no, Sacred Fire does not include same-sex romance.

We set out several years ago to create something new in the role-playing genre in high quality and it's been a long road, and there is still a lot to do to finish the game and cover all the basics so that it provides an immersive experience.

The nuance, detail and self-expression of the writing means, even adding the support to play as a female protagonist brings a lot of work, to capture all the interactions, observations, perspectives and new tactical options. In fact there is a dedicated female writer to go trough all the scenes and rewrite them accordingly.

I hope the exploration of war and peace, hope and bitterness, family relationships and what it's like to be an outlier in your own culture because of a different mindset is something many people can relate to.

So this is a decision based on our limited time and resources, not an attempt to exclude someone on purpose.

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#99 Post by papillon »

No problem, I just wanted to check so that I didn't accidentally lead someone to expect something and be disappointed by it.

poetic
Regular

#100 Post by poetic »

I understand and appreciate you keeping an open mind about it. Yes, it's very important to set the right expectations :) And what better way to communicatwe what the game is and what to expect later this year on release, than to play a free demo:

The Sacred Fire Demo is live now for a week, as part of the Steam Next Fest. Create your character and tell your story in the first chapter, The Hunt:

You can grab it here from June 16th till 22nd 2021!

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

poetic
Regular

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - FREE DEMO OUT NOW

#101 Post by poetic »

The Steam Next Fest ends in roughly 7 hours from this message! If you haven't had the chance to play the demo yet, now's the time

Some quotes from the community:

"This innovative way of creating RPGs is pure geniality."

"I love how the game flows and how you can resolve the same situation in different ways and I can't wait to explore the entire story."

"Out of about 25 demos I played during this weekend you game is the second one I finished with joy and pleasure and I couldn't help but wish for more."

With that said, give the demo a try, there is a chance you'll love it!

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

Arkilos

Re: Sacred Fire [RPG, historic fiction, romance, mystery, war] - FREE DEMO OUT NOW

#102 Post by Arkilos »

Hmm, the longer I am the forum the more I feel out of place. a lot of high-end material, compared to my first real attempt at a VN... the game looks impressive, though I don't think the gameplay is to my personal taist. Congrats on the article.
Novum Arkilum

poetic
Regular

#103 Post by poetic »

Hello there Arkilos,

thank you for reaching out and for your kind words. Did you have a chance to try the demo, or is your impression of gameplay based on the streams we broadcasted on Steam?

Please do not get discouraged, as you can see from the first post, there is a long history behind the game, before it became what you see now. But I do know what you mean. When I first started this thread and it go like a few dozen views on the first day, I looked at the threads with tens of thousands of views and saw no way how to get there. But now here I am, and this thread has over 20,000 views. So if creating your own stories makes you feel alive, motivated, then just keep doing it. Eventually you will get to the level, where people start to recognize the hard work you put in and enjoy the experiences you created.

If it's not too much trouble, which article do you mean?

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#104 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Whoa, the demo's out? Congratz! I'll check it out and let you know what I think
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

poetic
Regular

#105 Post by poetic »

Thank you, I'm looking forward to your feedback, SupersizeMyHeart!

Wishlist on Steam
Join our Discord