Escape (逃亡) [Drama/ Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
RikuM56
Projects: Escape (WIP)

Escape (逃亡) [Drama/ Slice of Life]

#1 Post by RikuM56 »

ESCAPE (逃亡)

This is my first visual novel in progress. I'm hoping to get some input towards my ideas and progress and keep people updated on how far along I am. The interesting thing I'm trying to achieve is writing a drama/ slice of life that follows a 30 DAY scenario format. Essentially, I'm trying to progress the story of 30 DAYS, and pace it like that, with each week getting more and more in depth and in the hole, so to speak.
Basic Plot:

Protagonist Kazu-kun is a New York born 20-something Japanese-American studying in a Jesuit run institution in Kyoto, Japan. He lives in a one bedroom apartment paid for by the school, and uses his time studying writing and just kind of living his life. He lives alone and refuses to return to his family in New York. All of his life, Kazu-kun has been running from the things that have bought stress to him. Finally, he is in a place far away from the provokers in his life. And with this, his story begins.

In the eve of his first semester at his new college, he accidentally bumps into a rather rude girl in the hallway by the name of Midori, Aoi. The become fast friends, and begin to hang out. She appears to be completely innocent and seemingly free of all kinds of stress. They seem like the total opposites of each other. But as time goes on, he starts to realize that may not be the case.
Characters:

Due to lack of drawing ability, I'm using a combination of KHMix's Character Machine and iicharacter generator. I hope that in future project, I'm able to either draw them myself or get help doing so.
Screenshots:

For the sake of the 30 DAY scenario, I'm writing and coding as I go along, as well as correcting and rewriting when I feel the need. Because of that, I'm a fairly decent amount in at the moment, and do have some screenshots to show for it.
These are the three most recent screenshots I have, showcasing sections from DAYS 6 and 7, which is where I'm currently at in terms of writing. As you may notice, I'm using the free backgrounds that Uncle Mugen has provided. He's the best for that~
Progress:

Story: 25%
Sprites: Roughly 95%
BG: 100%
Music: Roughly 95%
Programming: 25%
Some final notes I have here are that the soundtrack is a collection of free loops found on Looperman.com and I have no CGs currently. I do have some I want to do, but I'm looking for an artist for that, though if I can't find one, I feel the game can survive without them.
Anyway, thank you for reading this. I don't mean to sound so formal, it's just hard presenting my idea without falling into that format. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them~

Also, shoutout to user ppppantsu, who I based a lot of this post's format on.

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

Re: Escape (逃亡) [Drama/ Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Sayashiro »

Ah. This is utterly adorable! I love Slice of life based visual novels and will definitely be keeping an eye on this.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l