My father's apprentice [VN] [Gothic Horror] Update Music

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

Re: My father's apprentice [VN] [Gothic Horror]

#46 Post by kisa »

*Finally notices the glowing text* OvO
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#47 Post by try10 »

OMG! Everytime I see this blondie I scream HOT! This game really needs to have some sort of ending with this guy. I don't mind even if it's going to be a bit twisted or dark. :D

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#48 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I really hope you add a romance route because this would definitely attract more game players like me. Nonetheless, I adore the horror and story created and can't wait for the release!
ImageImage

Shio_Fuu
Regular
Completed: Deadly attachment
Projects: My father's apprentice
Organization: Dotama Studio

#49 Post by Shio_Fuu »

@try10 @LadyOfGatsby Guys, I'm sorry to disappoint, but as I mentioned earlier there won't be any romance between these two characters in the game! It's a conscious decision because I want to explore a different sort of relationship. And Peter is just not a dating material for Agatha! :wink: :wink:
Image Image Image

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#50 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Please allow me to be the first to offer full support for this decision. I'm glad you've chosen to take their relationship in a different (and far more exciting) direction.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#51 Post by AntiquedFae »

Also majorly supporting the no romance decision! I don't think typical 'otome no kawaii romance' would work at all in this game; even if it was slightly twisted and dark, I think it would still ruin some serious complexity this game has going on. Messed up, complex guardian gothic-style relationship it is! (Or something like that. I'm just guessing really. :P) I'm really with the developers on this. :)

Also, I just saw your editor-search-soon comment! How large is the game(wordcount-wise) and when will the editor be needed? I have some projects I'm helping out with in small ways right now, but it should be no problem to work this in! I would love, love to edit for it! I can send you my small but growing list of references through PM, if you'd like. I'd love it if you'd have me! :)
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Shio_Fuu
Regular

#52 Post by Shio_Fuu »

@Mad Harlequin thank you for your support!

@AntiquedFae thanks for your offer, I'll keep it in mind! The script is currently around 10 000 words, but it's still wip. I'm gonna look for an editor in the beginning of September when I'm back from my vacation.
Image Image Image

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#53 Post by AntiquedFae »

I should definitely be able to handle the amount of words once it is finished then! I hope you choose me! ^^ In the meantime, have fun on your vacation!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Shio_Fuu
Regular

#54 Post by Shio_Fuu »

Hello there! I'm very sorry for disappering for so long but I have some good news!
I found a co-writer, wonderful Krae (or Cobweb on Lemmasoft)! I was really tired lately and struggled with creative block, but Krae has been helping me a lot. I feel like we made some really good progress with writing!
My programmer and I also had some crazy ideas about gameplay, but they complicate things so much that I think we have to abandon them. The story is pretty linear so far, but I'm planning to have two endings depending on which items you will find.

Here are some things you can find in the house! At this point I'm a bit reluctant to show too much so I don't spoil you :)

And a short snippet from Day 1 which focuses on Agatha.

Outside, Agatha took one final look at her father’s house.
This was her childhood home and as she looked up at the large Georgian windows, and watched while maids moved around behind them, she thought back on the lonesome memories it held.
Yet it was not these memories that left her with a heavy heart but instead the knowledge that she would be leaving her home behind.
After all, loneliness had rarely been a feeling that Agatha shied away from.
Other than Martha, she had grown up with little company. Her father didn’t like inviting guests and, even if he had, offering to host any kind of party would have been pointless when he was so very rarely home.
When time was not spent talking with Martha, Agatha had found pleasure without the presence of another person. There was joy to be found in reading books or taking care of her dogs.
She had become accustomed to a way of life that, yes, may have been lonely, but was one that she enjoyed. Now everything was going to change.
Image Image Image

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#55 Post by potouto »

I always wanted to post in this thread oops love your works so much and I just adore the horror genre. This is one of those game I have been watching from the start and waited for long :> hopefully things will go well with the release, yes?? hoping for new updates!!

yeah well | commission | website

Shio_Fuu
Regular

#56 Post by Shio_Fuu »

Hello, Josie! Thanks for waiting! I hope people haven't given up on us yet... :3 (by the way, your project looks amazing, I need to give it a better look!)

A composer joined our team, we have awesome original music now! Check out his soundcloud and bandcamp, he's very talented! And look forward to music updates in this thread. :wink:

And here's what the main menu's gonna look like. What do you think?

Sorry for the wait and... please wait a little bit longer! :oops:
Image Image Image

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#57 Post by potouto »

Don't worry haha I'm sure there are a lot of people waiting for this project as well.
(pshhh thank you I'm not good with romance though so this is a first)

Congratulation for the new composer, his music is very good, hope things will go well!!
The main menu looks stunning!! Very atmospheric, if I have something to critique, I would only say that's not how skeleton's cervical vertebrae work.

yeah well | commission | website

nyulyasha9696
Regular

#58 Post by nyulyasha9696 »

Wow so cool art and story *__*
I'm waiting for release!

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#59 Post by Rossfellow »

Just dropping by to add to the list of people waiting to play/read this. I showed this to my team and they're looking forward to it as well. ETA would be sweet.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Anthony

#60 Post by Anthony »

Here I am making some tracks for My Father's Apprentice Soundtrack with my dear friend Cthulhu :P
Keep tuned guys!
IMG_0042.JPG