New Moon Café [BL] [Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chuuchi

Re: New Moon Café [BL] [Fantasy]

#16 Post by Chuuchi »

ixWishing wrote:
Ahaha, with Asian names, they usually tend to have a meaning behind their names~ ^^
Oh! Now that you mention it, "Xiao Bao" does sound like "Small bread/bun" xD
For the pun, are you directing it to "小包"? If so, I'll try asking my older sister or mom what the pun is (Haha, I can't resist spoilers;;)

Hmm, there's a Lu Xiong from a famous story? Welp, time to go googling or asking my parents on this! xD
/orz your story is too dang tempting to NOT search this up!

On a side note, are you Cantonese or Mando speaker? or some other Chinese dialect speaker? ;v; I'm a Canto speaker!
Sorry I'm really curious, and I'm sorry if this offends you or annoys you ;o;!
Ohohooo welllll to give you a hint, specifically the full "小籠包" is significant ;D /cackles
* V * I'm really happy to see someone so excited about the gameeee!! Talking to you guys is one of the hugest motivators to keep working on this to be honest (There's been so many struggles with this, especially since I'm learning renpy / python from scratch and sometimes I just want to throw my computer out the window lol)

Ah I'm a canto speaker too actually * v *// Though I can understand mando fine~ I also speak a decent amount of French, and English of course. I wouldn't use chinese in my game otherwise XDDD Too much of a probability of using the wrong terminology completely lolol.

There are 1 or 2 little chinese things that lu xiong says as well in game = v =/// But I might take it out depending on how much the VA struggles with it lol.

tooaya
Regular

#17 Post by tooaya »

Chuuchi wrote: asdfjkljadlf uwaaaa Toooo Q V Q //// I-I really really look up to your art! And your amazing dexterity with different styles hrnnn asdjflkjasflk Thank you for visiting my little game page u v u /// And thank you so much for the support!

I noticed that the trend now seems to be dark bg with white text? I'm wondering what your preference is..? I haven't decided myself yet which I like better either to be honest haha. (And my text boxes are pretty simple I find, compared to what a lot of otome games are releasing nowadays XD). Ah, and I completely forgot about the auto adsjfklja lmao! I will try to code that in as well * v *

OH! I've also linked the screenshot images to larger ones if you'd like to take a peek! ♥♥
No problem, it's always nice to see people I know get into VN making, you make me proud fufu And I'm honored that you like my work, though tbh I'd like to settle down so my style doesn't change on daily basis haha;;

I'm not sure why people prefer white text over black background tbh. My guess is that light over dark is easier on the eyes than dark over light, not to mention people can do nifty effects on white text like drop shadow to make it really pop against everything else on the screen. As for UI complexity, I'd rather keep things simple. When the text-box border gets too elaborate it takes away from the actual text which is the thing people want to focus on. Most Japanese otome games nowadays have pretty simple textbox so I think yours is fine. If there's anything I'd like to see changed...probably the font for the character name? Since everything's square and equal length and the name's the only one that's narrow (it's also wise to limit the variety of fonts you are using).

Eora
Regular
Projects: Sugar & Massacre, Réadú and Nach Innen

#18 Post by Eora »

1) It might be good for those who are sensitive to that stuff, but I don't mind either c:
2) GODDAMIT THE ART IS SO GOOD I'M DYING. Everything looks and sounds great so far ;v;
3) Looks great!!
-

Current project: Sugar & Massacre

-

SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven
Projects: Secrets...
Tumblr: stchematelier
itch: st-chem-atelier
Discord: SHatsuyuki#1452

#19 Post by SilverSnow »

Would you want an option in the game to turn off any +18 nsfw content?
I don't mind actually \(//∇//)\

Any comments/critiques/etc? Does the premise sound like something you'd be interested in? ; v ;
The plot is really interesting and particularly attracts me while your art is simply gorgeous :3

Specific thoughts on the GUI so far?
It fits well with the style and theme your applying

Looking forward to this! Not to mention it's BL and it's free!!!(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Keep up the good work p(*^-^*)q

SheerGlade
Regular
Projects: Essence
Deviantart: Shinkami

#20 Post by SheerGlade »

I couldn't click 'follow' on tumblr fast enough the moment I saw the game's logo at the top of this page XD So you can assume I am EXTREMELY excited for this, hehe. The art is absolutely stunning - I love the character designs and your drawing and coloring style is so distinct and gorgeous! The light, watercolor look really conveys a dreamy atmosphere AND let me control myself before I go on and on about the art. Because the characters are all so unique and eye-catching, too, and the plot sounds full of mystery and intrigue. And then throw some epic BL in there AND AHH. This looks so amazing! I wish you all the best luck and success in this project. The work you've shown so far is more than impressive and I can't wait to be blown away by the final game ;u;

1) Would you want an option in the game to turn off any +18 nsfw content?
I think you could broaden your audience with the option.
2) Any comments/critiques/etc? Does the premise sound like something you'd be interested in? ; v ;
I love the atmosphere I get from both the premise and art; the characters seem like they've got deep backstories, too. I'm excited to learn more about them and the plot. hyde is so beautiful fhaifa
3) Specific thoughts on the GUI so far?
I like how the sprite overlaps the dialog box. Clovis's name (the font, color, and size) looks slightly harsh and rigid compared to how light and airy his sprite, the background, and the rest of the GUI looks but that's probably just me. The GUI is amazing though; I love the ornamentation around the dialog box, especially the little bird.

cmlion

#21 Post by cmlion »

Wahhhh~

Your art style is really beautiful ;v; And I really love that logo too(I've always wondered how people make these beautiful logos ;v;)!!!
I'm really intrigued by Lu Xiong and Xiao Bao(Yes to Xiao Bao!! He's so cute!)
The idea of a cafe scenario is really lovely(I think), and I really enjoy the concept of Nemu's and the Cafe.

1) I think the nsfw option is plausible (u w u)(Because BL NSFW is my place to roam! *q*).
2) I don't have much to say, except that I'm really anticipating for this! And yes, it seems really interesting.
3) It seems good and fitting. Definitely not out of place.

Pardon me if I sound like an over-excited child though @@ I'm just hyped up over this project!
2)