Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
Pick_One
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/29

#76 Post by Pick_One » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Yay, colored sprites! They all look nice :) I like the stitching details on the brothers' clothes and the diamond pattern on Royal's clothing.

Take care to not burn yourself out. Looking forward to the other poses and of course as always, whatever new progress you might post next. ^_^

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/29

#77 Post by Akemi-Takashi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Thank you! About Deon's sprite, I couldn't actually think of a good design with a bow so... yeah. I'll just use the same color instead DX

I'm glad you liked the story! It has hints of Beauty and the Beast as well. I love fairytale re tellings and I haven't read something about Goldilocks, so why not?

Oh my! I feel pressured now! I hope we won't disappoint you with their stories though //cries
You may or may not be right about your feeling! You'll find out soon when you play it XD
I was thinking that was one of the reasons as to why that happened, but I still love Deon's human form even if it's somewhat different. It suits him! :oops: Man, when did flirty people get onto my list XD

DON'T FEEL PRESSURED! You won't disappoint me either way because if it's how I expect then that means I expected it. If it's not how I expected, then the even more I want to play! :D I'll enjoy it no matter how it turns out because you guys worked hard on it! Plus, it's a unique story!
Oooooooooooooo! Now I really do want to play XD
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/29

#78 Post by riiko08 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Pick_One wrote:Yay, colored sprites! They all look nice :) I like the stitching details on the brothers' clothes and the diamond pattern on Royal's clothing.

Take care to not burn yourself out. Looking forward to the other poses and of course as always, whatever new progress you might post next. ^_^
Thank you so much! XD
Thankfully, I'm not burning out myself yet and I'm really enjoying everything right now :D
Akemi-Takashi wrote:
DON'T FEEL PRESSURED! You won't disappoint me either way because if it's how I expect then that means I expected it. If it's not how I expected, then the even more I want to play! :D I'll enjoy it no matter how it turns out because you guys worked hard on it! Plus, it's a unique story!
Oooooooooooooo! Now I really do want to play XD
Awwww... Thank you so much! I feel more motivated now XD

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 9/5

#79 Post by riiko08 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi everyone!

Here's another update from me XD

Lillie and Miss Maria's sprites are done!
Image

And here's a CG from the game.
Image

I still have so many artworks to finish, but at least I'm making progress. Please look forward for more updates soon Q7Q

Pick_One
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 9/5

#80 Post by Pick_One » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:26 pm

The new sprites look nice.^^ I like the addition of the flowers to Miss. Maria's dress. The CG is nice too. Her face and eyes are pretty. :)

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#81 Post by riiko08 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 am

Hi everyone!
I finally managed to release our very short Demo (probably about 15 mins gameplay?) This is only 20% of the full game.
I'm doing my best to get all the artworks done. The gallery is still under construction so please ignore it.

I hope you guys will like what we have so far (and please, please, please... Any comments are very much appreciated! QwQ)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oaev3 ... mo-all.zip

This will be my first game so I hope everything looks all right //hides

User avatar
- Eris
Regular
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:12 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#82 Post by - Eris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 am

Look at those cute and adorable little bears and that gorgeous blond doll <333333333333
... I just realized that I didn't read anything at all about this project, I've been mesmerized at the adorableness, I was going to comment without knowing what I'm even talking about xD
Ok, now that I've read everything and found that you already released a demo, I'm gonna play it!

Now that I played the demo I must say I'm totally in love with the game! Everything is just lovely, the art, the BG's, the face effects and movements, it's so pretty and refreshing, 'cause not a lot of games have so much motions effects, I also love Aura's personality, she's just like me, they're all so cute I wouldn't resist and ended up punched by Miss Maria for hugging her xD

Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
Yes, very very very interesting, I must say you had a great and fresh idea, congrats xD
And yes, I'm totally going to play it when it's finished! What kind of question is that? Who wouldn't want to play it? xD

Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
Deon, he doesn't look like the oldest and I must admit, I choose him more by his bear form than by his personality xD but I also like Royal too, and of course Sol, but Deon is 1st on my list.

Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
How many play hours is going to be?
Hmmmm... I have more questions but I don't want to create some spoilers or anything like that, so i'll just wait for the release xD
Feedback... hmmm... I really liked everything about it so keep up the good work, good luck and don't make us wait too long, please! xD

User avatar
CatyCats
Regular
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:24 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#83 Post by CatyCats » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:17 am

I played the demo and I love the story! To be honest, it kinda reminds me of Beauty of the beast but of course it's different! I like the choices too and I like the cg's too xD Kinda funny and realistic too. I mean, who wouldn't hug plushies if they are talking haha.

I'm looking forward to the full game. It's mysterious yet funny scenes there. :)

Pick_One
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#84 Post by Pick_One » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Yay! I played the demo. I do like Aura's spunk, although in real life some of her actions would make me want to like reprimand her if I had to live with her. :lol: Didn't suspect that she would be this sort of a troublemaker. You did a good job with the variety of amusing expressions, I like them. I especially like all the expressions for the bears. They were all fun and cute to look at. Kept gushing over the bears' cuteness. ^///^ Really like all the bears so far. I wonder
who does Royal possibly like or find appealing? At this moment, I have an idea of who it might be. ^^ And I am curious about the toymaker.
So far the game is pretty cute and amusing with the funny moments. Had a smile on as the characters interact with each other. Will you be releasing another demo? Or keep working straight to the finish line? :)

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#85 Post by Akemi-Takashi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Okay, so I shall partake in viewing the demo ^_^ (This is my first time since I usually like waiting for the full version, but I want to do it for this one :3)

Okay, so it might just be me but on the main screen with the "New Game", etc. I think it should be a bit bolded but it might be just me like I said. I like the music though! XD Reminds me of a musical box.
The expressions are so cute! AND OH MY GOSH! AURA IS SUCH A TROLL XD Such a childish troll :P And when I tried saving, it didn't return to the story, just a background of the porch ;-; Is this a bug? Wait... I just pressed escape and things went back to normal, but I think I should inform you about it. AND AURA! WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING AFTER THE GRUMPY BEAR/CAT!? efwugbuiarghig
Sometimes I see the top of the letters in the next line in the text box before it appears but since the text appears fast, I didn't catch on it quick :P And maybe add a bit of rust to the necklace? I just noticed that this story was written in present tense :3 I find it rare since I usually read in past tense. Or is it in present tense? I'm not sure if it changed midway?
and I'm somewhat of a grammar freak (I hope you don't mind if I point things out that might have already been already caught by your proofreaders ^^") so I just noticed there was no ending punctuation on this line where the Landlady says, "And that day where you poured a bucket of water on the village elder" and her next line about the old man, I think maybe it should end with a question mark? I'm so sorry. I just wanted to help out, not complain ^^"
Others:
>"I gave her a hug, thanking her for everything and then [started] marching towards my bright future."
>"I beamed my best smile and wiggled my eyebrows[.]"
>"It was a bit rusty and broken in places, but still, it was my most treasured possession[.]"
I'm enjoying the game, though, so if you want help, I'll be pleased to PM you with other things I notice?
refgjiaowjfenivpeahngoinreogibnwraonea I THINK I MADE A DISCOVERY
THAT GOLDEN HEART LOCKET! THEIOHTOIWERHGIEWOGRNOIVDN DON'T TELL ME IT'S-!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

wayward
Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#86 Post by wayward » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:24 am

Hi there. I actually became aware of visual novels last year, and I've been checking out other peoples visual novels to sort of get a sense of structure and blah blah. I like yours, love how your story feels like a fairy tale. There's a big space reserved in my heart for fairy tales and I don't think that will ever change. Also, back in the day my sister introduced me to the romance and drama genre, so I'm intrigued by the otome scene and have been checking it out for reasons--another thing that led me to this. Anyway good job and good luck with the rest of the game.

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#87 Post by riiko08 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:23 am

- Eris wrote:Look at those cute and adorable little bears and that gorgeous blond doll <333333333333
... I just realized that I didn't read anything at all about this project, I've been mesmerized at the adorableness, I was going to comment without knowing what I'm even talking about xD
Ok, now that I've read everything and found that you already released a demo, I'm gonna play it!

Now that I played the demo I must say I'm totally in love with the game! Everything is just lovely, the art, the BG's, the face effects and movements, it's so pretty and refreshing, 'cause not a lot of games have so much motions effects, I also love Aura's personality, she's just like me, they're all so cute I wouldn't resist and ended up punched by Miss Maria for hugging her xD

Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
Yes, very very very interesting, I must say you had a great and fresh idea, congrats xD
And yes, I'm totally going to play it when it's finished! What kind of question is that? Who wouldn't want to play it? xD

Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
Deon, he doesn't look like the oldest and I must admit, I choose him more by his bear form than by his personality xD but I also like Royal too, and of course Sol, but Deon is 1st on my list.

Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
How many play hours is going to be?
Hmmmm... I have more questions but I don't want to create some spoilers or anything like that, so i'll just wait for the release xD
Feedback... hmmm... I really liked everything about it so keep up the good work, good luck and don't make us wait too long, please! xD
Uwaaahhhh!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! I'm really glad you liked what we have so far //sobs
play hours? I-I can't exactly say. This is just a short game, really. So probably an hour per route? *v* I'll do my best not to let everyone wait too long!
CatyCats wrote:I played the demo and I love the story! To be honest, it kinda reminds me of Beauty of the beast but of course it's different! I like the choices too and I like the cg's too xD Kinda funny and realistic too. I mean, who wouldn't hug plushies if they are talking haha.

I'm looking forward to the full game. It's mysterious yet funny scenes there. :)
Well, I did say that it was inspired by Goldilocks and Beauty and the Beast, so yeah XD Thank you so much! I'm really happy you liked what we have so far //weeps
Pick_One wrote:Yay! I played the demo. I do like Aura's spunk, although in real life some of her actions would make me want to like reprimand her if I had to live with her. :lol: Didn't suspect that she would be this sort of a troublemaker. You did a good job with the variety of amusing expressions, I like them. I especially like all the expressions for the bears. They were all fun and cute to look at. Kept gushing over the bears' cuteness. ^///^ Really like all the bears so far. I wonder
who does Royal possibly like or find appealing? At this moment, I have an idea of who it might be. ^^ And I am curious about the toymaker.
So far the game is pretty cute and amusing with the funny moments. Had a smile on as the characters interact with each other. Will you be releasing another demo? Or keep working straight to the finish line? :)
Well, I did want Aura to be a bit of a troublemaker who'll still be lovable XD
Ffff... It's kinda pretty obvious really OTL
Sadly, I won't be releasing another demo. Right now I'm focusing on finishing the whole game (I just need to finish all the artworks! DX
Akemi-Takashi wrote:Okay, so I shall partake in viewing the demo ^_^ (This is my first time since I usually like waiting for the full version, but I want to do it for this one :3)

Okay, so it might just be me but on the main screen with the "New Game", etc. I think it should be a bit bolded but it might be just me like I said. I like the music though! XD Reminds me of a musical box.
The expressions are so cute! AND OH MY GOSH! AURA IS SUCH A TROLL XD Such a childish troll :P And when I tried saving, it didn't return to the story, just a background of the porch ;-; Is this a bug? Wait... I just pressed escape and things went back to normal, but I think I should inform you about it. AND AURA! WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING AFTER THE GRUMPY BEAR/CAT!? efwugbuiarghig
Sometimes I see the top of the letters in the next line in the text box before it appears but since the text appears fast, I didn't catch on it quick :P And maybe add a bit of rust to the necklace? I just noticed that this story was written in present tense :3 I find it rare since I usually read in past tense. Or is it in present tense? I'm not sure if it changed midway?
and I'm somewhat of a grammar freak (I hope you don't mind if I point things out that might have already been already caught by your proofreaders ^^") so I just noticed there was no ending punctuation on this line where the Landlady says, "And that day where you poured a bucket of water on the village elder" and her next line about the old man, I think maybe it should end with a question mark? I'm so sorry. I just wanted to help out, not complain ^^"
Others:
>"I gave her a hug, thanking her for everything and then [started] marching towards my bright future."
>"I beamed my best smile and wiggled my eyebrows[.]"
>"It was a bit rusty and broken in places, but still, it was my most treasured possession[.]"
I'm enjoying the game, though, so if you want help, I'll be pleased to PM you with other things I notice?
refgjiaowjfenivpeahngoinreogibnwraonea I THINK I MADE A DISCOVERY
THAT GOLDEN HEART LOCKET! THEIOHTOIWERHGIEWOGRNOIVDN DON'T TELL ME IT'S-!
Oh my. That bug didn't happened to me. so I'm not really sure... (not really a programmer so.. //cries) And about the text, I noticed that too. I'll have to ask my programmer when she's not busy with school anymore. Thank you for all the comments! I'll definitely keep them in mind!

And about the errors, I sent you a PM! XD
Ssssshhhhhh!!! Hahaha!
wayward wrote:Hi there. I actually became aware of visual novels last year, and I've been checking out other peoples visual novels to sort of get a sense of structure and blah blah. I like yours, love how your story feels like a fairy tale. There's a big space reserved in my heart for fairy tales and I don't think that will ever change. Also, back in the day my sister introduced me to the romance and drama genre, so I'm intrigued by the otome scene and have been checking it out for reasons--another thing that led me to this. Anyway good job and good luck with the rest of the game.
Hiya!! I've always been fascinated by fairy tales thus the reason why I was able to come up with this story. (I've actually written other stories about fairy tales XD) Thank you so much!!

Pick_One
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#88 Post by Pick_One » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Well, I did want Aura to be a bit of a troublemaker who'll still be lovable XD
Ffff... It's kinda pretty obvious really OTL
Sadly, I won't be releasing another demo. Right now I'm focusing on finishing the whole game (I just need to finish all the artworks! DX
Yeah, it is. ^^; It's pretty cute though. :)
Okay, I actually kinda prefer to have one demo then play the complete final version anyways. ^^ I use to not play any demo, instead I would wait for the final game, but I think it's a good idea to try to give feedback or comments to help/encourage the creators. I was thinking of typing down some of my like random reactions to the demo so far on my blog. Then I plan to try to type up a "review" for the final game. :) Anyways, good luck with those artworks!

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#89 Post by Akemi-Takashi » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:20 pm

By the way, how old are they?
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

User avatar
Silverheart7
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) DEMO 9/19

#90 Post by Silverheart7 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:31 pm

This has beautiful art and seems to have a nice story. I'm really looking forward to this!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users