Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) Update 5/15

#61 Post by riiko08 »

hrkamlsa555 wrote:1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?

- First, may I just say that you've done good!! Even without reading ANYTHING, the look alone made scream in my head how much I wanted to play it, and actually reading everything made me wanted to lay it even more!! :D

2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?

-Well, I normally base my route choices based on first impressions left by the character during the game itself like during the first meeting or something because I don't want to base my feelings on looks and description alone. However, if I had to chose I think I'd go for Sol because he looks so princely and it's said that he act like a gentleman which is a plus for me however, Deon attracts me for his lively attitude. If he ends up being really kind and has a big brother character with that carefree behavior, then Sol has a run for his money xD :D

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?

- Well, honestly it would be interesting if while pursuing Sol, you made friends with the maid so there'll be a little heat between your friendship. Also maybe it'll be interesting if one of the suitors had a crush on someone else in the game and would constantly ask you for advice (just so a lot of girls can really connect to the story since a lot of girls go through this and so that maybe when you do end up with the guy despite his crush, girls who're feeling the same might be given hope :) :) :) ). May I also suggest that one of your CGs feature all the obtainable characters? Just a little treat for the taste buds :) . My last is a question. May I ask if this will be commercial, approximately how long would each playthrough be, and do you plan on adding something like a "secret bachelor" along the way?

Of course these are all just my thoughts and opinios, I'm not forcing you guys to do anything. The game is already good as it is :) :) :) Good luck in your game
Awwww... Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! It's inspiring me to do better! Right now I've finished writing the story. I just need to wait for my editors/proofreaders to finish (but unfortunately, they seem to be busy with irl stuff so... //cries)
Oh! Love your suggestions. The story may or may not contain any of those, so you'll have to play the game to find out. Honestly, I haven't got a CG with the the obtainable characters //fail Thanks for pointing that out. I'll definitely include them in one of the CGs!

riiko08
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome)

#62 Post by riiko08 »

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if you guys are still following us. First of all, I apologize for having zero updates for almost a year. OTL
Everyone has been very busy, and I've been struggling with my work as a nurse and part time manga artist for a local publisher.
Anyway, I'm finally working on the game once again! My team has been very busy as well with irl stuff so as of the moment I'm doing everything by myself. Here are some major updates.
> I've finished writing all the routes (Yay!) But it still needs editing and proofreading (I'm not very confident with my writing and English isn't my first language.) I'm still waiting for my editors/proofreaders to finish (but I haven't heard from them lately so... //cries :cry: )
> I'm redrawing everything since my style has changed so much. So the art posted are all placeholders now.
//throws the new sketch for Aura.
>And some BGs
BGs has never been my forte so I'm struggling with it. BGs done: 8/20
>Basic coding for the general route is done. So I just need to do the individual routes as soon as editing/proofreading is done OTL. (I'm not a programmer and I suck at coding so yeah... I'm struggling in this bit as well :? )
>We've been too ambitious while making this (I was planning to make this simple and short with just 8-10k words per route and now there's 20k+ words per route //fails) Some features will be removed like the chibi animations, etc.

I'll do my best to finish this asap! So I hope you'll stick with me on this Q^Q

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) UPDATE 8/18

#63 Post by neuropsy »

I'm following the thread! I'm really excited for the release! The fact you finished with the script already tells me you're intent on finishing with your game's development, which is all the assurance I need.

If you want, I can offer some help editing/proofreading. I'm from the Philippines, but moved to the US when I was a baby, so I'm familiar with the translation issues between Tagalog and English. I won't be able to work at light speed, but I can definitely lend a helping hand if a reasonable amount of time is given. :)
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

riiko08
Regular

#64 Post by riiko08 »

neuropsy wrote:I'm following the thread! I'm really excited for the release! The fact you finished with the script already tells me you're intent on finishing with your game's development, which is all the assurance I need.

If you want, I can offer some help editing/proofreading. I'm from the Philippines, but moved to the US when I was a baby, so I'm familiar with the translation issues between Tagalog and English. I won't be able to work at light speed, but I can definitely lend a helping hand if a reasonable amount of time is given. :)
Hi there! Thank you for the support! Hopefully I'll have another update soon! XD
Awww... Thank you so much for offering your help! As if on cue, my editors and proofreaders have contacted me again and they're currently working on it right now. If I still need further editing/proofreading, I'll definitely send you a pm. :'D

Pick_One
Regular

#65 Post by Pick_One »

I have to say, that the way you presented the information of the game is very nice and appealing.

1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?

I think it has potential to be good. I like that it will be a retelling of Goldilocks, I can't really recall reading any story that has done this. I'm curious as to why and how a curse was casted on these characters. I can't wait to play it :)

Hard to choose and I have to play first to see who I might be interested in pursuing first. But if I have to really choose one, base on the descriptions, I'll say Deon. The eldest son, who seems to have a facade on, as baby bear sounds interesting. ^^ Some flirty characters can be annoying, but others could be fun and have some fascinating hidden sides to them.

The main character sounds very nice, I also hope she will be interesting.

I like that d'Lockes (it does have an apostrophe, right? ;;) does sound like a prestigious family name. ^_^

All the bears and doll Lillie looks cute. I would say more about the art but I'm going to wait for the new art then comment. So far I think the new sprite looks nice and cute. I like how the hair is drawn with the end of the braid shown in the new one, a nice new detail in my opinion. I like the bedroom design. ^^ Will the main menu be redrawn?

Gui looks very nice.

I think it is common to cut out some things from a project and sometimes things don't go according to plan. But you're still here and making plus showing some progress with effort. You haven't given up. This is all very good and something to be proud of. Don't over stress. ^^

I think that's all I want to say. Got to go, but I'm looking forward to playing the game. Good luck. :)

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#66 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

riiko08 wrote:
neuropsy wrote:I'm following the thread! I'm really excited for the release! The fact you finished with the script already tells me you're intent on finishing with your game's development, which is all the assurance I need.

Hi there! Thank you for the support! Hopefully I'll have another update soon! XD
Awww... Thank you so much for offering your help! As if on cue, my editors and proofreaders have contacted me again and they're currently working on it right now. If I still need further editing/proofreading, I'll definitely send you a pm. :'D
WHOOP! Well, I was also going to offer as well, but lucky you! What a struck of luck from your editors and proofreaders! ;)
I'm excited to play the game! However, take your time and don't rush. I know you really want to get it done, but once it's done, then the magic of creating it will be done. Yes there may be other projects, but they'll be different. Most people I've seen that are creating these games here want to finish it so as to not disappoint the people waiting, but I also believe time should be taken. However, I support the fact you want to finish it. That's the motivation that will drive you :P

riiko08
Regular

#67 Post by riiko08 »

Pick_One wrote:I have to say, that the way you presented the information of the game is very nice and appealing.

I think it has potential to be good. I like that it will be a retelling of Goldilocks, I can't really recall reading any story that has done this. I'm curious as to why and how a curse was casted on these characters. I can't wait to play it :)

Hard to choose and I have to play first to see who I might be interested in pursuing first. But if I have to really choose one, base on the descriptions, I'll say Deon. The eldest son, who seems to have a facade on, as baby bear sounds interesting. ^^ Some flirty characters can be annoying, but others could be fun and have some fascinating hidden sides to them.

The main character sounds very nice, I also hope she will be interesting.

I like that d'Lockes (it does have an apostrophe, right? ;;) does sound like a prestigious family name. ^_^

All the bears and doll Lillie looks cute. I would say more about the art but I'm going to wait for the new art then comment. So far I think the new sprite looks nice and cute. I like how the hair is drawn with the end of the braid shown in the new one, a nice new detail in my opinion. I like the bedroom design. ^^ Will the main menu be redrawn?

Gui looks very nice.

I think it is common to cut out some things from a project and sometimes things don't go according to plan. But you're still here and making plus showing some progress with effort. You haven't given up. This is all very good and something to be proud of. Don't over stress. ^^

I think that's all I want to say. Got to go, but I'm looking forward to playing the game. Good luck. :)
Awww.... Thank you so much! I've always loved stories about fairytale re tellings, and I noticed that there wasn't any about Goldilocks at all, and the concept of 3 bears turning human came to me XD
Yes, it's d'Lockes with the apostrophe.

Everything will be redrawn and that includes the main menu. Thank you so much for your support! :)

riiko08
Regular

#68 Post by riiko08 »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:
riiko08 wrote:

WHOOP! Well, I was also going to offer as well, but lucky you! What a struck of luck from your editors and proofreaders! ;)
I'm excited to play the game! However, take your time and don't rush. I know you really want to get it done, but once it's done, then the magic of creating it will be done. Yes there may be other projects, but they'll be different. Most people I've seen that are creating these games here want to finish it so as to not disappoint the people waiting, but I also believe time should be taken. However, I support the fact you want to finish it. That's the motivation that will drive you :P
Ah! Thank you so much!
Actually, the main reason why I wanted to finish this game asap was so I can move on to making other games (because I have too many ideas OTL)
But yeah, I'll make sure that the game won't look rushed at all.

riiko08
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/18

#69 Post by riiko08 »

Hi everyone!

The main page has been updated! The human sprites aren't posted yet but I'll do that soon since I focused on finishing all the artworks I needed for the demo first.
Progress has been going well so hopefully, I'll be able to release it soon. (I just need to wait for the edited routes which will be in the demo.)

riiko08
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/26

#70 Post by riiko08 »

Just a quick update.
Here are the rough sketches for the new human sprites of the three bears. These are still subject to change when I do the final drawing. What do you think?

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#71 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Gorgeous looking Sprites, can't wait for the colored versions :)
ImageImage

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#72 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

riiko08 wrote:Just a quick update.
Here are the rough sketches for the new human sprites of the three bears. These are still subject to change when I do the final drawing. What do you think?
I LOVE THE CHARACTERS! Such attractive bishies! And Aura! She's gorgeous!
I have noticed something, whatsoever with Deon. Sol and Royal have their respective neck accessory that matches the one on their bear forms, but Deon doesn't have a ribbon. Not that I'm complaining as his design is fantastic the way it is, but it doesn't correspond to the one on the bear...

Anyway, I realized I haven't answered the questions, so I'll answer it now.

Yes, the story is very interesting and original despite taking the idea of the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears into concept. The presentation of the story and characters are aesthetically appealing and top-notch. As I haven't seen any adaptations of the story as a visual novel - despite other stories (e.g. Alice in Wonderland) have already gotten one - I am looking forward to seeing the final product after reading the plot. You know, I'm actually reminded of Beauty and the Beast here. ;) A jealous heart, I presume? Hahaha! Joke.

I'm having a mental conflict with who to go for first, but I'm definitely saving Deon for last because he interests me a lot. With the amount of time I exposed myself to otome games/atomes, I realized that the carefree ones have a deeper background. I even got the wrong impression about him being younger than Sol. :P
Then again, I also like tsunderes (Royal) and the princely types because their background is very intriguing. So, I'm pretty sure lost with this. Just like an essay, I want to start strong and end strong. So, I'm completely lost on whom between the two I want to play first. :P

I have no idea, but I have this feeling that Aura has Gold's heart or something :/
Interestingly, I didn't realize that Deon was the eldest child in the family XD
Man, I concluded that he was younger than Sol because of the title Baby Bear.
Other than that, I have nothing else to say. I'd say that this game has been planned out well and a lot of effort has been put into it. I wish you luck on this game!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

Pick_One
Regular

#73 Post by Pick_One »

Yay, an update! I see that you are working hard. ^^...But boo... my internet browser shut down on me before so I lost what I was typing. :( Before I comment on the new stuff, just want to let you know that I might not remember exactly how they all look like before, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. ^^;;...

I like that Deon looks more flirty/sultry than before. I think it's because of the more playful relaxed pose? And his expression is good. ^^ Personally I think Royal looks a bit older? Plus more cold/mysterious/calm than before? I can't wait to see the colored versions. :)

Aura looks more mature. Before, she looks like sweet cheerful young naive girl. This one looks kinda older and maybe more like a calm sweet older sister? Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way? The new sprite looks very nice. :)

I like how all the bears look more polish. Nice touch of life in their eyes with those new bright shines. I don't remember them having those, unless I'm terribly mistaken which would be terribly embarrassing. :oops: Also I want to add that I like the different smiles between Sol and Deon. Doll Lillie definitely looks more polish. Also I like the little music notes detail on her dress.

I like the difference of size between the bears, as shown in the main menu image. I see that Royal lost his blush XD. By the way, I think the logo is too close to the top of the screen.

Did the boxes for the choices change? I do notice that the dialogue change, and it seems to reflect a little bit more of her personality? (I mean, I'm judging this base on with no context to the dialogue) Anyways I think it's a good thing. Okay, for me personally, the typeface for Aura's name, reminds me of baseball. Like, Yankees baseball. Not sure if you want to change it or not, up to you and it might not bother anyone else. It doesn't really bother me, just something minor. And you probably might be like what are you talking about? ^^; So you could disregard what I just said.

The textbox looks pretty. Gui still looks very nice.

Looking forward to what's next. ^^

riiko08
Regular

#74 Post by riiko08 »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Gorgeous looking Sprites, can't wait for the colored versions :)
Thank you so much! <3333
Akemi-Takashi wrote:
I LOVE THE CHARACTERS! Such attractive bishies! And Aura! She's gorgeous!
I have noticed something, whatsoever with Deon. Sol and Royal have their respective neck accessory that matches the one on their bear forms, but Deon doesn't have a ribbon. Not that I'm complaining as his design is fantastic the way it is, but it doesn't correspond to the one on the bear...

Anyway, I realized I haven't answered the questions, so I'll answer it now.

Yes, the story is very interesting and original despite taking the idea of the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears into concept. The presentation of the story and characters are aesthetically appealing and top-notch. As I haven't seen any adaptations of the story as a visual novel - despite other stories (e.g. Alice in Wonderland) have already gotten one - I am looking forward to seeing the final product after reading the plot. You know, I'm actually reminded of Beauty and the Beast here. ;) A jealous heart, I presume? Hahaha! Joke.

I'm having a mental conflict with who to go for first, but I'm definitely saving Deon for last because he interests me a lot. With the amount of time I exposed myself to otome games/atomes, I realized that the carefree ones have a deeper background. I even got the wrong impression about him being younger than Sol. :P
Then again, I also like tsunderes (Royal) and the princely types because their background is very intriguing. So, I'm pretty sure lost with this. Just like an essay, I want to start strong and end strong. So, I'm completely lost on whom between the two I want to play first. :P

I have no idea, but I have this feeling that Aura has Gold's heart or something :/
Interestingly, I didn't realize that Deon was the eldest child in the family XD
Man, I concluded that he was younger than Sol because of the title Baby Bear.
Other than that, I have nothing else to say. I'd say that this game has been planned out well and a lot of effort has been put into it. I wish you luck on this game!
Thank you! About Deon's sprite, I couldn't actually think of a good design with a bow so... yeah. I'll just use the same color instead DX

I'm glad you liked the story! It has hints of Beauty and the Beast as well. I love fairytale re tellings and I haven't read something about Goldilocks, so why not?

Oh my! I feel pressured now! I hope we won't disappoint you with their stories though //cries
You may or may not be right about your feeling! You'll find out soon when you play it XD
Pick_One wrote:Yay, an update! I see that you are working hard. ^^...But boo... my internet browser shut down on me before so I lost what I was typing. :( Before I comment on the new stuff, just want to let you know that I might not remember exactly how they all look like before, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. ^^;;...

I like that Deon looks more flirty/sultry than before. I think it's because of the more playful relaxed pose? And his expression is good. ^^ Personally I think Royal looks a bit older? Plus more cold/mysterious/calm than before? I can't wait to see the colored versions. :)

Aura looks more mature. Before, she looks like sweet cheerful young naive girl. This one looks kinda older and maybe more like a calm sweet older sister? Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way? The new sprite looks very nice. :)

I like how all the bears look more polish. Nice touch of life in their eyes with those new bright shines. I don't remember them having those, unless I'm terribly mistaken which would be terribly embarrassing. :oops: Also I want to add that I like the different smiles between Sol and Deon. Doll Lillie definitely looks more polish. Also I like the little music notes detail on her dress.

I like the difference of size between the bears, as shown in the main menu image. I see that Royal lost his blush XD. By the way, I think the logo is too close to the top of the screen.

Did the boxes for the choices change? I do notice that the dialogue change, and it seems to reflect a little bit more of her personality? (I mean, I'm judging this base on with no context to the dialogue) Anyways I think it's a good thing. Okay, for me personally, the typeface for Aura's name, reminds me of baseball. Like, Yankees baseball. Not sure if you want to change it or not, up to you and it might not bother anyone else. It doesn't really bother me, just something minor. And you probably might be like what are you talking about? ^^; So you could disregard what I just said.

The textbox looks pretty. Gui still looks very nice.

Looking forward to what's next. ^^
Yay! I'm happy that you liked the new sprites! I was also told that Aura looks matured now. Maybe because of the eyes? (I made it look less moe lol)
For the main menu, Royal didn't have a blush on the old one ^^; And yeah, we'll fix that one about the logo. Thanks!
We still used the same GUI for the choices though. What's in the old one is the "hovered" box for the choices XD
And for the font, it's a good thing you mentioned that. I'll go and look for another font then.
Thank you so much for your feedback! XD

riiko08
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) UPDATE 8/29

#75 Post by riiko08 »

Ta-da~ <3
Human sprites for the three bears are done! I'm planning on doing another pose for them when I have time because I still have BGs and so many CGs to do OTL.
Main page has been updated as well. Only 4 more sprites to go //dies