Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy) COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome) Update 5/15

#46 Post by riiko08 »

anlo09 wrote:So nice. :D

1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
- The story is very interesting! Yes, I will surely play it once it's finished. :D

2. Which route will you pursue first based on the character descriptions?
- Hm. Maybe I'll go for Royal LeBlanc first because I like mysteries and he looks mysterious because of his past.

3. Do you have any questions? Critiques? Feedback?
- The artwork is really really nice and I really want to know the story so good luck with your game :D
Ah! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it. :D We'll do our best to finish it asap!
Broodelin wrote:This is looking really cute and creative.

I would certainly play it once the demo is released. :)

If I had to choose, I'd definitely do Sol's (Mama Bear's) route first, simply based on his personality.

I wish you the best of luck with the project at hand, and please don't hesitate to reach out for help if you need it! :D
Thank you so much! *hugs*
Ran08 wrote:Oh my gosh. :o
I'm a HUGE fan of fairytales with a twist <3 Hahaha. This is so adorable! I can't wait to play it already. :")

-- Very interesting. Hahaha. And yes, I will play it. Over and over again too. Hahahaha. <3

-- I think I'll go for Sol first, haha, because he's Mama Bear! Hahaha. <3 Personality-wise, he seems to be the most "effeminate" (think Ruka from Gakuen Alice)... and... I like it. Haha. When it come to VNs, I also tend to go for the ones with the troubled past. -____- I don't exactly know why, but they're just... so appealing to me and I like knowing more about their backstory.

When will you release this super adorable game?! Hahahaha. :D
Anyway, goodluck on this! And I'm SOOO looking forward to playing it! :)
The same here! I've always been a big fan of fairy tales so seeing re-tellings make me so happy! I hope you'll like the story we've made for each character. Thank you so much!
Good luck with your projects as well!

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#47 Post by InvertMouse »

As usual, I know very little about otome titles, but the presentation for this game is excellent! The storyworld looks glamorous. Illustrations are excellent and the interface design fits that setting so well. It's looking real polished so good luck with it!

yukixrima

#48 Post by yukixrima »

Oh wow! The art in this game is sooo cute! The coloring is well done, as well as the concepts in general. I really like the idea of the game, too! :D The game interface is very fancy and pretty, also.

1. I definitely think this story is interesting, I would've never of thought of a Beauty and the Beast/Goldilocks crossover! I will definitely play it when it's finished.

2. Based on the character descriptions... I think I would most likely go for Royal LeBlanc-- his story seems to be a deep, touching one. I like it. :)

3. I'll be watching this game! I'll be supporting everyone working on this project~ I think you guys are doing a really great job with it all! It looks amazing~

Khalliope
Tumblr: jasmine-amyy
Deviantart: khalliope

#49 Post by Khalliope »

Oh. My. Gosh.

Everything about this visual novel is so gorgeous and amazing. Art looks brilliant and GUI looks absolutely beautiful. I absolutely adore the premise - I'm a sucker for fairytale-themed stories! The characters are also really well thought out and have great personalities, and I love how all of them have a little mystery to solve!

All the best for this visual novel! I'm glad it seems like its progressing smoothly! I'll be looking forward to it!

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#50 Post by PaupauSenpai »

Kyaaa I looove this! The premise is absolutely amazing!! And the art is beautiful ;w;/ I think the mama bear I'd probably like the best...but I really would like them all so ldjafd;pajfk
I can't wait for this release >w<! I'm totally supporting this all the way ywy <33
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#51 Post by Kate »

I can't wait for this. This is so unique and cute and... that art! That ART! *Drool* It's lovely. Love the GUI, the settings menu looks absolutely amazing. I think I'll pursue the bears in order- Papa bear, then Mama bear, and then Baby bear- and I hope you stick with this, I'm excited for it :)
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#52 Post by melelisun »

OH MY GOSH. THE ART IS SO CUTE AND THE GUI IS GORGEOUS. Also I love the twist on two well-known fairytales! Seems like you can bring something new to the otome field :D

Best of luck! Can't wait for the release ;)
Image Image

siyereeee
Deviantart: siyereeee

#53 Post by siyereeee »

Hello? :D Are you still making this game? :) Just wanna know, coz' I've been stalking this for ages (lol exaggeration) :D

riiko08
Regular

#54 Post by riiko08 »

siyereeee wrote:Hello? :D Are you still making this game? :) Just wanna know, coz' I've been stalking this for ages (lol exaggeration) :D
Hi there! Sorry for being dead :/
We've put the game on hiatus because everyone has been busy with irl stuffs, but rest assured that we'll still work on it XD

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#55 Post by neuropsy »

Definitely! I've never seen a plot like yours in an otome game, so the moment I entered this thread, you had my interest. It sounds unique, fun, cute, and entertaining!

Based on character descriptions alone, probably Sol, but that can change once I start playing the game! My heart has a history of wavering within visual novels.

I think the side characters seem interesting. I think Lillie's plush design is particular is really adorable, though I like everyone's plush designs haha. The art is very nice!

You guys are so close to being finished with the writing! Keep at it! Best of luck to your artist and their irl problems, too! No matter how long it takes to fully finish developing this game, I'll definitely be one of the first people to scoop it up once it's released!
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

cookie

#56 Post by cookie »

oh my gosh, this is so cute!! I love the art!

Of course!!!

Probably Royal LeBlanc, but that could change!

Good luck! This really looks amazing! <3
x

riiko08
Regular

#57 Post by riiko08 »

neuropsy wrote:1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?

Definitely! I've never seen a plot like yours in an otome game, so the moment I entered this thread, you had my interest. It sounds unique, fun, cute, and entertaining!

Based on character descriptions alone, probably Sol, but that can change once I start playing the game! My heart has a history of wavering within visual novels.

I think the side characters seem interesting. I think Lillie's plush design is particular is really adorable, though I like everyone's plush designs haha. The art is very nice!

You guys are so close to being finished with the writing! Keep at it! Best of luck to your artist and their irl problems, too! No matter how long it takes to fully finish developing this game, I'll definitely be one of the first people to scoop it up once it's released!
Uwaahhh!!! I'm so happy that you think the story is unique //cries

We're slowly editing and proofreading the routes now, I'm still yet to finish Royal's route. We're really almost done with the writing so we're trying to polish everything now.

The sprites and other art will be redrawn again since my current style has changed, so hopefully you'll stick with us until we have an update again. Thank you so much!

Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

#58 Post by Chibi Subaru »

At first when I read the line "Locked Heart is a re-telling of Goldilocks with small hints of Beauty and the Beast" I was a bit skeptical about the concept of the story. Once I actually read the story synopsis, I was very, very interested in the game. I like the idea of taking the tale of Goldilocks and twisting it the way you did. I will definitely play this game once it comes out.

I really want to play Royal's route. I tend to fall for his character type. I'm also very interested in Sol. I usually don't like the flirty types, but I do plan to play Deon's route... don't know why, I'm just drawn to him, lol.

I like the idea that the main female lead isn't Goldilocks and that she is instead the youngest sibling of the family. I like how the neckwear colors of the bear sprites are found within the human sprites (the maroon, blue, and red colors). The only issue I did have with the sprites is that the pose that Mama Bear (Sol) is making seems to be the same exact pose of the human sprite of Deon. Though the color of the neckwear could work as a clue to who the bears really are, I think the posing still might confuse people later on as to who is who when they appear in human forms.

riiko08
Regular

#59 Post by riiko08 »

Chibi Subaru wrote:1. Is the story interesting enough? Will you play it once it's finished?
At first when I read the line "Locked Heart is a re-telling of Goldilocks with small hints of Beauty and the Beast" I was a bit skeptical about the concept of the story. Once I actually read the story synopsis, I was very, very interested in the game. I like the idea of taking the tale of Goldilocks and twisting it the way you did. I will definitely play this game once it comes out.

I really want to play Royal's route. I tend to fall for his character type. I'm also very interested in Sol. I usually don't like the flirty types, but I do plan to play Deon's route... don't know why, I'm just drawn to him, lol.

I like the idea that the main female lead isn't Goldilocks and that she is instead the youngest sibling of the family. I like how the neckwear colors of the bear sprites are found within the human sprites (the maroon, blue, and red colors). The only issue I did have with the sprites is that the pose that Mama Bear (Sol) is making seems to be the same exact pose of the human sprite of Deon. Though the color of the neckwear could work as a clue to who the bears really are, I think the posing still might confuse people later on as to who is who when they appear in human forms.
Thank you! I'm glad that the story managed to pique your interest.
Well, to better understand the story, you'll have to finish all the routes. I'm did my best to make each route equally interesting so I hope you'll enjoy each of their story QwQ
Hmmm... I'll take your suggestion in mind. I'm actually in the process of re-vamping the art right now since my style has changed so much.

hrkamlsa555

#60 Post by hrkamlsa555 »

- First, may I just say that you've done good!! Even without reading ANYTHING, the look alone made scream in my head how much I wanted to play it, and actually reading everything made me wanted to lay it even more!! :D

-Well, I normally base my route choices based on first impressions left by the character during the game itself like during the first meeting or something because I don't want to base my feelings on looks and description alone. However, if I had to chose I think I'd go for Sol because he looks so princely and it's said that he act like a gentleman which is a plus for me however, Deon attracts me for his lively attitude. If he ends up being really kind and has a big brother character with that carefree behavior, then Sol has a run for his money xD :D

- Well, honestly it would be interesting if while pursuing Sol, you made friends with the maid so there'll be a little heat between your friendship. Also maybe it'll be interesting if one of the suitors had a crush on someone else in the game and would constantly ask you for advice (just so a lot of girls can really connect to the story since a lot of girls go through this and so that maybe when you do end up with the guy despite his crush, girls who're feeling the same might be given hope :) :) :) ). May I also suggest that one of your CGs feature all the obtainable characters? Just a little treat for the taste buds :) . My last is a question. May I ask if this will be commercial, approximately how long would each playthrough be, and do you plan on adding something like a "secret bachelor" along the way?

Of course these are all just my thoughts and opinios, I'm not forcing you guys to do anything. The game is already good as it is :) :) :) Good luck in your game