Allégro: a Ballet dating sim. [GxB & GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

Re: Allégro: a Ballet dating sim. [GxB & GxG]

#31 Post by pickle131 »

I actually don't have it anymore. That course caused me a lot of stress so I ended up deleting all my projects when it was over so I wouldn't linger on it haha xD; But if you look carefully online there are some good resources. The most powerful are images of people photoshopped into having common anime proportions and vice versa.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#32 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

All ballerinas, different heights, ages, and sizes.

I'll say this. My sister and I were in ballet for some time. My sister and I have significantly different body types - she had wide thighs while I had "ballerina slender" figure.

She was 10x a better dancer than I ever was. (AND gymnast.) In fact, she stayed in ballet an entire year longer than I did. Because of this:

The size of her thighs had nothing to do with how she balanced herself by her feet.

She practiced at the barre more than I ever did, always taking account to how she balanced herself and positioned her feet. And thus, that dedication made her a better dancer. Me? I could hardly do a grand jeté without slipping. She literally carried herself better than any typical ballerina could. Although she soon found ballet boring and pursued other activities. She still has large thighs, but is insanely graceful. So yeah, just putting that out there. Now don't get me wrong - weight training does have a place in the athletic world (and I can't speak entirely ballet since my sister and I were young at the time and neither of us had progressed to pointe ballet), but having wider thighs than the norm? Pfffft.

So, having experience in ballet, I am very interested in this story. :D

Honest Critique

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by briannavon »

Are you still looking for a programmer? I can do it! :D
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

MelodyKnighton
Regular
Projects: too many
Organization: Los Muertos Studios
Tumblr: MelodyKnighton

#34 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Pickle: Sorry to hear it was that stressful but glad to know you made it through. I'll definitely look around for them. : )

Green Glasses: the 'documentary' from that picture was really interesting. I'll watch pretty much anything on ballet and when I heard about one with larger people, I was really excited. It was cool to see them adapt and make it work so beautifully. It's also awesome to hear a first hand story about a talented 'non-standard' ballerina. Things like that really motivate me to work hard on this game.

Brianna: I miiiiight have a programmer. I'm working on the script to see what to expect in terms of work load and time, then I'll talk with him in about a week to discuss the project, but if he's not available I'll shoot you a message to talk about payment/schedules and all that kind of stuff.

MelodyKnighton
Regular

#35 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Update:

-We have our new website/development blog up and running: http://www.losmuertosstudios.com/
-Our Twitter: https://twitter.com/LosMuertosGames
-Our Tumblr: http://losmuertosstudios.tumblr.com/

-We're making progress in the writing/coding/sprites and hope to have a demo in the not too distant future (hopefully in about a month and a half at the latest).

-I'm thinking of having a fanart contest when we launch the kickstarter with some cool prizes (gift certificates, art from me, one on one lessons, a free copy of the game, ect). Are there any other mediums besides art i should consider? Fanfiction? Cosplay?

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#36 Post by Broodelin »

I'm really excited about this game, and I can't wait for the demo. I used to be a ballet dancer before going to college, so this could be awesome for me!
MelodyKnighton wrote:I'm thinking of having a fanart contest when we launch the kickstarter with some cool prizes (gift certificates, art from me, one on one lessons, a free copy of the game, ect). Are there any other mediums besides art i should consider? Fanfiction? Cosplay?
I think that fanfiction should definitely be considered because some people (like myself) can't draw more than a scribble but are still fans of your game. Maybe a "best fan-submission" could be voted on/judged from the different categories of fanart, with the winners in the categories getting smaller prizes and the best submission getting the whole she-bang?

MelodyKnighton
Regular

#37 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Hey everyone, I post updates on our website ( losmuertosstudios.com ), twitter and tumblr but figured it was time for one here as well.

Here are some new BG's:

Here's a warm up animation of Lola (testing out a new program in hopes of creating an animated opening when the game is closer to being finished):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_Gx20Ug6g

And here's a sneak peak of some outfits:

As far as news:

-We're hard at work on the demo!
-We have a Spanish Translator on board!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#38 Post by Googaboga »

Everything looks lovely and I think the premise is fantastic. I wish you the best of luck.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

mistactor

#39 Post by mistactor »

This looks great! The art looks gorgeous, and I think that adding a twist to the usual school setting as well as giving the main character an unusual (in popular media) figure and ethnic background was a wonderful idea. A feel-good story about making a place for yourself in something you love? Go for it! I'm really looking forward to seeing this project finished! :D

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#40 Post by Rinima »

Is this project dead?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him