In His Eyes (Romance,GxB,Tragedy)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

In His Eyes (Romance,GxB,Tragedy)

#1 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Plot-"When she looks into the mirror she sees an ugly duckling, yet when he looks into the mirror his sees a swan. But when he tells her these words of her being beautiful, she cannot hear him. Instead, she frays away from the world and hides her heart deep with the shadows, letting no one know who she really is. But he still longs for her, and will stop at nothing to show her the true beauty she is."
Premise-You play as Takumi, a lazy yet friendly girl who has suffered from deep depression since she was a kid. Now with her final year of high school, Takumi has made it her life's mission to do one thing out of the ordinary and finally tell Yusuke, her best friend, her feelings for him even if he rejects her. But when a certain someone tells her off and makes fun of her weight, Takumi goes back into her depressive state and slowly drifts away from Yusuke. Enter Minato, a strange yet shy boy who has a love for anything otaku. As the two grow closer together, Takumi slowly gains a new sense of happiness for herself. But she can't run away from her friend, especially when she begins to recall an incident from her past that nearly cost Yusuke his life. With this in her mind, will she leave her friend and stay away from the pain of unrequited love, or will she face up to the mistake she had in Yusuke's life?
Takumi-A lazy yet kind hearted girl who has a love for anime and food. Because of her weight, she is constantly bullied at school which often triggers her depression. Despite this, she does her best to get through school and tries to graduate in order to have a life. Personality wise, Takumi is very tomboyish and is a bit unreliable. However, she is a friendly girl and makes it her life motto to always do one good deed a day. She is best friends with Yusuke and, though she hates to admit it, has a small crush on him. However, because of his many admirers, Takumi has kept her emotions in check and does her best to be a good friend. Has a deep obsession with anime as well, and can let it take over her life at times.
Yusuke-Takumi's best friend. Unlike Takumi, Yusuke takes school seriously in a way, yet isn't afraid to ditch class when he finds it too boring. Despite being quite popular in school, Yusuke isn't really interested in the girls that pursue him. In fact, he's made an oath to not date till college. He cares deeply for Takumi and is worried about her mental health even though she's been declared as mentally stable. At times, Yusuke can come off as being a jerk due to his short-temper, but he is a good natured guy, who longs to see his friend be a success. However, he does have some few dark secrets that he hides from Takumi, one being someone he use to date. Has a passions for books and horror movies.
Minato-A shy yet eccentric guy that Takumi and Yusuke help save from a bunch of bullies. Though attending school, Minato is on the verge of becoming a Hikikomori due to his obsession with anime, video games, and dating sims. Personality wise, Minato is very axious and has a bad habit of saying the wrong things at the right time. Due to Yusuke saving him so much, Minato idolizes him a bit and secretly longs to be like him. Still, despite being shy and anti-social, Minato is gentle and tries his best to do right. However, he does have a tendency to find himself in certain situations with girls and has been labeled as a pervert, despite not truly being one. It's because of this that he also has a fear of girls. Has a talent in hacking.
Sakuya-Minato's sister. A strange girl that pops up at the most random times. Though seemingly innocent looking, Sakuya has a habit of doing things out of the ordinary. She is a girl of few actions yet many words. Her hobbies range from teasing her brother to 'talking' to the unseen. Sakuya also has a strange belief in life and is often the one to give Takumi advice on love and adulthood. Though she may look like a teenager, Takumi wonders if she's actually the age she appears to be. Has a bit of an obsessions with bears.
Sosuke-Yusuke's older brother. Unlike Yusuke, Sosuke is lazy and doesn't do much in the terms of making money. Oddly enough though, he is able to keep the apartment and put food on the table. Personality wise, Sosuke is Yusuke's opposite, he's laid back and doesn't mind the attention from girls. Though a charmer, he isn't one to break the hearts of those he is dating, so maybe he can be considered a 'prince'. When not sleeping all day or being out, Sosuke will spend his time reading trashy romance novels. That's normal....right?

Progress
Story-40%
Coding-30%
Backgrounds-40%
Music-90%
CG's-0%
GUI-0%
Last edited by Sleipnir56 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.

NanaNaninna

Re: In His Eyes (Romance,GxB,Tragedy)Feedback Wanted

#2 Post by NanaNaninna »

I like the story, and the graphics, but tragedy? I wanted to play it, but if someone dies at the end, it'd be really sad... I'm looking forward to hear more from you!

Nina

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

I like the idea of an overweight protagonist.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

CatyCats
Regular

#4 Post by CatyCats »

So is the character now overweight or has she grown into a slender lady?
I do wish to read the story when it comes out!
Good luck!

JimG
Regular

#5 Post by JimG »

It sounds interesting and I hope you make it. I am not a big fan of tragedy and do not care to invest emotion in a story/character only to have them die at the end, unless of course it is a life story. ( I also understand that everybody dies at the end!).

For some reason the movie "Antonia's Line" just came to mind, if you can find it take a look, it is an incredible movie and was able to navigate through the story of someone's life with all of the issues. It also includes characters with depression and some really bad instances, and ends with a death, but leaves you feeling like your investment of emotion was well worth it.

Best Regards
Jim

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#6 Post by Sleipnir56 »

NanaNaninna wrote:I like the story, and the graphics, but tragedy? I wanted to play it, but if someone dies at the end, it'd be really sad... I'm looking forward to hear more from you!

Nina

Thank you so much. The first part is kind of a bit of a simple comedy/romance, but things go bad depending on what you choose. And sorry, I came up with this idea because I've been a bit depressed lately. Don't worry though, the player can save the characters if they make the right choice. Still, thank again for being interested :)

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#7 Post by Sleipnir56 »

fleet wrote:I like the idea of an overweight protagonist.

This would be my second one. She still needs a sprite though. Anyway, thank for being interested :mrgreen:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#8 Post by Sleipnir56 »

CatyCats wrote:So is the character now overweight or has she grown into a slender lady?
I do wish to read the story when it comes out!
Good luck!

She's overweight. I really like writing characters like that, or ones that are different :) . And thanks so much. I'll work hard to get it done :)

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#9 Post by Sleipnir56 »

JimG wrote:It sounds interesting and I hope you make it. I am not a big fan of tragedy and do not care to invest emotion in a story/character only to have them die at the end, unless of course it is a life story. ( I also understand that everybody dies at the end!).

For some reason the movie "Antonia's Line" just came to mind, if you can find it take a look, it is an incredible movie and was able to navigate through the story of someone's life with all of the issues. It also includes characters with depression and some really bad instances, and ends with a death, but leaves you feeling like your investment of emotion was well worth it.

Best Regards
Jim
Thanks :) . The first part of the game is simple and the death depends on players actions. It won't be meaningless though. I was the player to like all the characters.

And thanks. Gonna watch that tomorrow once school is done. It'll give me a good example. Thank :mrgreen:

xxstrangesoulxx

#10 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

This looks like a really interesting VN. I'd play it.

There's not too much games about overweight girls, so it would be a nice change. I like Minato and Sakuya, they seem cool. The story looks promising enough. And I don't mind that it has tragedy. That makes it even better in my opinion. xD

Good luck. I look forward to playing this one day. :3

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#11 Post by Sleipnir56 »

xxstrangesoulxx wrote:This looks like a really interesting VN. I'd play it.

There's not too much games about overweight girls, so it would be a nice change. I like Minato and Sakuya, they seem cool. The story looks promising enough. And I don't mind that it has tragedy. That makes it even better in my opinion. xD

Good luck. I look forward to playing this one day. :3

Thank you so much :mrgreen: . And that's true. I've only seen a few that have that. Glad you like Minato and Sakuya though. They're, at least in the beginning, the comic relief. And good. I just want to do something that I've never tried before.

And thanks again. The encouragement is very helpful :)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#12 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Sounds interesting. I like the long-haired boy. Will there be a sprite of the MC or are you planning on not showing her? Good luck with it.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#13 Post by Ran08 »

This seems interesting. :) The story is pretty unique and the sprites are quite lovely. Plus, the characters are intriguing. I do think there's some depth to them, which I'm very interested in seeing in the actual game. Haha. I'm not a big fan of tragedies coz sad stories can easily make me cry, but if things end up fine-- oh wait, tragedies never end fine. *sigh* :'(

One thing I noticed though... could you maybe... change the colors for the character names? Well, except for Takumi. The default textbox is dark and those name colors are dark as well, so they're pretty hard to see. Or maybe that's just me. Hahaha. :)

Anyway, goodluck on this project! :)

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#14 Post by Broodelin »

I'm a bit of a sucker for tragedy, so I'm raring for this game to be released! :)

The art looks good, if a bit generic, but it's the story and the delicious tragedy that's going to make this game.

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#15 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Sounds interesting. I like the long-haired boy. Will there be a sprite of the MC or are you planning on not showing her? Good luck with it.

Thank you so much ^^, and that's Yusuke. And yes, I do plan to make a sprite for her if my friend still would like to help. Depends. Anyway, thank so much for your support ^_^