Prank Masters [Otome] [Commercial] [Steam] [itch.io]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Prank Masters [Demo Released!] [GxB] [Comedy/Romance]

#46 Post by Godline »

Cute demo. I just played it this morning. :)

REALLY like Kadin. He's the really sweet guy. Haha.

Romeo really doesn't seem like the type to own a motorbike to me! He's so clean cut! ;) But I guess that's just me stereotyping.

What kind of irks me so far is that Juliet's parents are supposed to be Shakespeare fans but they only seem to have heard of Romeo and Juliet. It would help if YOU the writer, were yourself a Shakespeare fan. (As a Christian I love Shakespeare because he quoted the Bible over 2,000 times in his works). Pick up A Midsummer Night's Dream - REFERENCE it. Why not have Juliet call herself Helena to Richard instead of Hazel, something like that?

Since the parent's are such BIG fans some of the Shakespeare knowledge would have rubbed off on Juliet whether she wants it to or not. She might find herself thinking... 'oh this is just like ... in ...'.

The Shakespeare connection just seems arbitrary to me so far (at best) and a mere gimmick in order to use the names Romeo and Juliet (ugh, done to death much?). What I'd like to see is some real quaint references to Shakespeare's OTHER works. You know, the ones he wrote that AREN'T Romeo and Juliet?

Haha. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it should be an easy fix.

Anyway I am SOOO looking forward to this. It's cute as a button. :)

Lockvia
Regular
Projects: Prank Masters
Organization: Lockvia Studios
Tumblr: lockvia
itch: lockvia

#47 Post by Lockvia »

Godline wrote:Cute demo. I just played it this morning. :)

REALLY like Kadin. He's the really sweet guy. Haha.

Romeo really doesn't seem like the type to own a motorbike to me! He's so clean cut! ;) But I guess that's just me stereotyping.

What kind of irks me so far is that Juliet's parents are supposed to be Shakespeare fans but they only seem to have heard of Romeo and Juliet. It would help if YOU the writer, were yourself a Shakespeare fan. (As a Christian I love Shakespeare because he quoted the Bible over 2,000 times in his works). Pick up A Midsummer Night's Dream - REFERENCE it. Why not have Juliet call herself Helena to Richard instead of Hazel, something like that?

Since the parent's are such BIG fans some of the Shakespeare knowledge would have rubbed off on Juliet whether she wants it to or not. She might find herself thinking... 'oh this is just like ... in ...'.

The Shakespeare connection just seems arbitrary to me so far (at best) and a mere gimmick in order to use the names Romeo and Juliet (ugh, done to death much?). What I'd like to see is some real quaint references to Shakespeare's OTHER works. You know, the ones he wrote that AREN'T Romeo and Juliet?

Haha. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it should be an easy fix.

Anyway I am SOOO looking forward to this. It's cute as a button. :)
It's not harsh at all! Thank you very much for the thorough feedback. We'll definitely make note of these points into the full version.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#48 Post by Godline »

:) All cool.

Noctelle
Regular
Projects: ⋆The Abyss: (otome GxG/GxB) ⋆
Tumblr: noctelle
Deviantart: noctelle

#49 Post by Noctelle »

Hey! just played though your demo.

Liked the art and the GUI is really nice and polished (the backgrounds look especially nice)

So, playing though it I found that you spent way too much time in your introductory phase, it dragged out for quite awhile more than it needed to. I found that you spent so much time with the character complaining and saying how she felt that it wasn't natural, it felt kind of like being on a speed date with the character, her stating "blah this is me, i hate this, i hate that, i do this, but never that. I had amnesia! Ew god pink! did I mention I hate that?"

Its better if you show her character through dialogue and choices not though monolog (most people don't like to read monologues, especially if they don't happen to be short and concise. show works much better than tell, if you do this it will be much smoother and will feel WAY more natural.) Not to mention, a lot of these things the audience could find out later. (like..the amnesia) Every time you learn something new about the character its like a reward, that's what makes reading about characters fun. IMO you should play your hand slower and give the reader breadcrumbs..

The dialogue choices were funny and the interactions were amusing and enjoyable, though I find the heroine really dislike-able... she seems a little unrealistic for a 17 (?) year old.. not to mention shes very negative and its kind of grating. I hope her character develops more along the way because I can see this game being funny and something enjoyable if only she were less negative.

Anyway good luck on your game, you seem to be doing well so far.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#50 Post by Ferdokki »

AAAAAAHHHHHH the artwork is SO beautiful!! *___________*
My eyes! >__<

Lockvia
Regular

#51 Post by Lockvia »

Noctelle wrote:Hey! just played though your demo.

Liked the art and the GUI is really nice and polished (the backgrounds look especially nice)

So, playing though it I found that you spent way too much time in your introductory phase, it dragged out for quite awhile more than it needed to. I found that you spent so much time with the character complaining and saying how she felt that it wasn't natural, it felt kind of like being on a speed date with the character, her stating "blah this is me, i hate this, i hate that, i do this, but never that. I had amnesia! Ew god pink! did I mention I hate that?"

Its better if you show her character through dialogue and choices not though monolog (most people don't like to read monologues, especially if they don't happen to be short and concise. show works much better than tell, if you do this it will be much smoother and will feel WAY more natural.) Not to mention, a lot of these things the audience could find out later. (like..the amnesia) Every time you learn something new about the character its like a reward, that's what makes reading about characters fun. IMO you should play your hand slower and give the reader breadcrumbs..

The dialogue choices were funny and the interactions were amusing and enjoyable, though I find the heroine really dislike-able... she seems a little unrealistic for a 17 (?) year old.. not to mention shes very negative and its kind of grating. I hope her character develops more along the way because I can see this game being funny and something enjoyable if only she were less negative.

Anyway good luck on your game, you seem to be doing well so far.
Thank you very much for the feedback! We will definitely take this into consideration and make changes to the full version. We're working on re-releasing the demo for Windows and Mac as well as making it available for Linux.
Ferdokki wrote:AAAAAAHHHHHH the artwork is SO beautiful!! *___________*
My eyes! >__<
Thank you! I'll be sure to pass this on to the artists.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#52 Post by AsHLeX »

Beautiful art <3
Looks really interesting :D
Definitely bookmarking this one~
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Lockvia
Regular

#53 Post by Lockvia »

If you enjoy the demo and would like Prank Masters to be released on the planned schedule, please help us out! Any donation is appreciated!

Visit the donation page here.
Last edited by Lockvia on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rika-san
Tumblr: rikapeak

Re: Prank Masters [Free] [GxB] [Comedy/Romance]

#54 Post by Rika-san »

Wow! I'm really exited for the full release and I didn't even play the demo yet ^^;
The art is so pretty :o I'm envious~
and the story seems really cute too
//is hyped for the demo to finish extracting

jascarly123zo
Tumblr: noyozu
Soundcloud: jascarly123zo

#55 Post by jascarly123zo »

everything looks so nice and pretty ahHH EXCITE EXCITE HHHH <3

EDIT: Just finished the demo!! I really really like the story so far, and the sprite art is just gorgeous and I love the color schemes used. When I saw Kadin in the school uniform I thought he was the 'kidnapper' at first and when I saw said kidnapper in a school uniform, i got him confused with the ice pack guy LOL Need to pay more attention ahhh. The humor is great and I also loved the choices given haha <3

Lockvia
Regular

#56 Post by Lockvia »

Update on CGs!

Image Image
Last edited by Lockvia on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#57 Post by neuropsy »

I finished the demo, and here's what I have to say:

Ah, it was so delightfully entertaining. I have trouble writing slice-of-life, and yet the scenes were so fun to read. The writing is great, too! She speaks pretty eloquently despite her semi-crass personality, but that's what you should expect from someone with English encoded so deeply into her genes, right?

I love the art style too--clean, polished, and very pleasing to the eye. Great job!

My only "complaint" is that I started off deciding to pursue Kadin...and then I met Katrina. Welp. She has a unique personality, and I'd love to see more of her backstory in the future. I can pursue Kadin; I'll just have to stare wistfully at Katrina from afar...

But, anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to the full release!

Lockvia
Regular

Re: Prank Masters [Otome] [Kickstarter] [Free!]

#58 Post by Lockvia »

@Rika-san Thank you for your kind words! We hope you enjoy the demo!

@jascarly123zo We're happy to hear that you like the choices! We wanted Juliet to always think out of the box!

@neuropsy Thank you for playing Prank Masters Demo! We know that a lot of people just adore Kadin. We adore him as well! Katrina and Juliette may have friendship routes if our sketch goals are reached on Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1TNCguL If this happens there will definitely be a backstory for Katrina and Juliette. If we don't reach the sketch goals, then we'll have a brief backstory for both Katrina and Juliette.

Lockvia
Regular

Re: Prank Masters [Otome] [Commercial] [Pre-order]

#59 Post by Lockvia »

Pre-orders now available on itch.io!
Last edited by Lockvia on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lockvia
Regular

Re: Prank Masters [Otome] [Commercial] [Steam] [itch.io]

#60 Post by Lockvia »

You’ve asked. We’ve listened. Prank Masters is going on Steam.

Visit the storepage here.