AIdol - Out Now!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ColaCat
Veteran

Re: AIdol [PWYW] [Scifi Slice of Life Adventure]

#91 Post by ColaCat »

Yeah, the way the head is makes it look like it's down, I think it's just that the features down quite add up.

Also, something I was going to say earlier but didn't but have decided to say now because it's bugging me slightly, Aiko's mouth is rather long.

Enigma
Veteran

#92 Post by Enigma »

ColaCat wrote:Yeah, the way the head is makes it look like it's down, I think it's just that the features down quite add up.

Also, something I was going to say earlier but didn't but have decided to say now because it's bugging me slightly, Aiko's mouth is rather long.
Funnily enough one of my little brother's friend's prom date had a mouth like that that.

In unrelated news, Hotaru looks kinda...shy to me, like she's looking down at her shoes, not sure if that's the impression you were going for but she's really cute.

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#93 Post by Karamelow »

Hello!
Thank you for the feedback, that helps me a lot!
For Hotaru, the description said: gloomy and observant for the personality. I'll try to make it better ^^

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#94 Post by Morhighan »

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce AIdol’s move to becoming a commercial game. I had really wished to keep it a PWYW/Free venture, but as I don’t see myself getting a job in the future due to my illness, I feel the need to go commercial so I can support myself. Proceeds will go to funding my next game and any medical bills I currently have.

What does this mean for the future? I’m not entirely sure. I’m going to try to find a way to keep AIdol connected to the Gamejolt community, who has been very supportive. Maybe I’ll do mini prologue episodes or something and post them up on Gamejolt.

I do know that I’ll need the help of crowdfunding to finish this game, so I’m planning a Kickstarter in the future, once I have my script done. That way, all that will be left is art and music and programming. Also, we still have a Patreon account if any of you want to support us there.

In closing, I just want to thank everyone who has stuck with me in this journey. Let’s see where it leads in the future!

–Morgana/Mystery Corgi

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: AIdol [Commercial] [Scifi Slice of Life Adventure]

#95 Post by Rinima »

Aww, shame, but understandable since this seems to be quite good quality.

I wish you luck with your KS, even though I won't be able to help you out >.<
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#96 Post by Steamgirl »

Just filled out the survey. :)

You should totally charge for this game - it clearly deserves to be commercial. By the way, I would support you on Patreon if you set it up more "kickstartery". At the moment it's monthly, which I tend to avoid unless someone is posting monthly content - IE sakimichan's tutorials, writer writing articles, etc. Just a thought anyway.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#97 Post by Morhighan »

Steamgirl wrote:Just filled out the survey. :)

You should totally charge for this game - it clearly deserves to be commercial. By the way, I would support you on Patreon if you set it up more "kickstartery". At the moment it's monthly, which I tend to avoid unless someone is posting monthly content - IE sakimichan's tutorials, writer writing articles, etc. Just a thought anyway.
Hey thanks! That survey's been super helpful.
I'll definitely look into the kickstartery patreon, definitely new to it. ^^ Thank you!

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Morhighan »

So I just spent the day programming the demo.

Since I don't have a lot of finished art, I've been using placeholders. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy this preview!

I've implemented music and the cellphone and computer programming for the demo, as well as the main story. I'm ending it at Chapter 2 for now, but I might add Ch 3 at a later time.

Anyway, let me know if you think I should release the demo as I work on it and update it, since I figured some of you might be curious about my progress.

Also, we reached 15,000 words a few days ago. That means we're about halfway done. :D I'm planning on there being about 40,000 words, maybe a little under.

Karamelow
Veteran

#99 Post by Karamelow »

Hey, just a little "hello" to show you the Hotaru sprite's work in progress ^^

ColaCat
Veteran

#100 Post by ColaCat »

Ooh! Looks good! I really like her bows... ^_^

Karamelow
Veteran

#101 Post by Karamelow »

Thank you! And after Hotaru, it's Hana's turn!
The clothes are not fixed yet ^^

ImageImage

ColaCat
Veteran

#102 Post by ColaCat »

Looks good! Well done on getting the shoes right. Feet always seem difficult to nail.

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

#103 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Release it also on Android. I would like to buy. Other way, I don't have CC yet, so it will be more difficult to me :) I'm really glad if I can support this.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#104 Post by Morhighan »

Ernestalice15 wrote:Release it also on Android. I would like to buy. Other way, I don't have CC yet, so it will be more difficult to me :) I'm really glad if I can support this.
I will do my best to get an android release! :D Thank you for your support.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#105 Post by Morhighan »

Some updates I forgot to post here:

I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates this last couple of weeks, I’ve been really sick and haven’t managed to get anything useful done.

---

While I’m not up to 100% my usual self, I’ve stopped sleeping for 12-18 hours a day. The doctor has a suspicion of what’s wrong with me, now we just have to get my bloodtests to agree with that suspicion.

As for AIdol:
I managed to write a small piece of writing that is a glimpse into the main character’s life before the game’s main story occurs. I’ll try to post it sometime. Still debating if I’ll code it into a small game or just leave it as a script for you all to read. I’ve been doing this for every character in the game, to get a feel for them. It’s been a great exercise so far. Would you like a small game or to read a script? I’m leaning towards a tiny game, myself.
Also, Melow has been working on the art in between her own projects. I should be able to post new images soon!

In other news, it looks like I’m going to be attending school in the fall. It’s only two classes, so I shouldn’t have to neglect AIdol too much. I’m actually hoping the skills I learn will help with AIdol, since I’m taking a writing class and a graphic communications class.
I’ve decided that graphic communications with a specialization in video games and game design is what I’m going to study, so hopefull that will turn out well.

---

It’s been a while since I featured any music from my “AIdol Inspiration” playlist.

I’ve been searching for inspiration in music for “glitchy” sounding music to inspire the composer for certain tracks.

You can read the rest of the post at the game’s website! Click here.

In other news, I’m chugging along with the script quite nicely. I figured out the answers to a few of the problems I was having with the story in general, so that’s very exciting.
Well, back to work for me! Let me know what you think of the blog post.