AIdol - Out Now!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: AIdol [Brief Hiatus Announcement!]

#16 Post by Morhighan »

I am back from the hiatus, which is now over! And now I'm looking for someone to read and bounce ideas with for this project.
Details here.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: AIdol [Back to Work 9/18]

#17 Post by Morhighan »

Just found a character design artist who is willing to work with me, so that's exciting. Also!

Hana's Home
I realized that I hadn’t done any research on residential areas in Nanakuma, which is the part of Fukuoka, Japan that our main character Hana lives in. Luckily, thanks to google, I found a website called dezeen, which just so happened to have a modern house in Nanakuma that will work perfectly for Hana’s abode. The site included many photo references and even floor plans so I’m absolutely thrilled. It’s even designed for three people to live in! (Hana and her folks.)

Here are some pictures:

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Morhighan »

Alright, quick announcement! There have been additions to the team.

I am receiving character design assistance from the following:
Aviala, Mellowbee, Ezri, Railgun

Also, voice talent has been offered by breep5.

Our official sprite artist and CG artist is now Mellowbee.

Congratulations to them and to me! I feel much better having a design team to work with. :D

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Morhighan »

Alright, quick update:
Chapter 4 is done, as well as 2.25 pages of chapter 5, so that's exciting.

I have some small art updates I'd like to share.

Some designs for Hana's outfit:
Which one is your favorite? :3

And color style tests:

We're going with cellshading in the end, I think. But many thanks to Aviala, Melow, and Railgun.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#20 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I really like the fourth one, or first outfit in the bottoms row. As well as the cell shading. Good luck!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

#21 Post by melelisun »

How interesting! It looks like you're putting a ton of work into fleshing out the world. I really like where this is going. Wish you best of luck!
Image Image

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Morhighan »

I really like the fourth one, or first outfit in the bottoms row. As well as the cell shading. Good luck!
Thanks for your input! :D
melelisun wrote:How interesting! It looks like you're putting a ton of work into fleshing out the world. I really like where this is going. Wish you best of luck!
Thank you! I'm trying really hard to get a good feel for the setting so when I write, that feeling is sent to the players.

Updates!
AIdol will no longer feature Live2D art. As much as I wanted it to, it was really hard on both myself and the sprite artist, Melow.
As you can see here, the sprite had to be pulled apart and then put back together in Live2D.
Then, each body part had to be mapped out and told what to do, and I never got past moving the eyes slightly, as you can see here.

Melow and I have also been trying out different art styles, from the Live2D test to this painted style
to more anime-cutesy styles, like this:

In other news, we have a new website! And blog! Check out my twitter for updates as well. (Under my avatar.)
I'm also making use of Trello, which you can see here.

As of today, I finished rewriting chapter 3. I forgot to mention it before, but I’m rewriting one chapter per week. So chapter 4’s rewrite is due on November 24. If I keep up the schedule, I should be able to finish writing chapter 6 and send it for revision on December 8.

Also, I got an art concept from Ezri for Lyriq’s standard idol uniform! I love it so far. Mostly non-virtual idols will wear these, but there might be a chance that Aiko and/or other virtual idols would wear it.

Suika
Regular

#23 Post by Suika »

Live2d sounds like a lot of work o.o I like both of the styles you showed though ^.^ The cutesy style is especially to my liking, although, it'd be nice to see some clothes ^^;

Your Trello page is interesting, as is your open policy of information with regard to this project. I'm glad to see it.

Honestly, I found the first page very confusing, but that may just be me.
The layout of the rest of the site is cute, albeit simple.
The Character page flow seems to be incomplete (I assume it will be updated once new characters arrive), but being required to go back to the Character page after selecting a character is a bit bothersome. It'd be nice to be able to flip between characters from the character detail page (e.g. Characters-->Aiko-->Character2-->Aiko-->Character3-->Character2-->etc)

I'm looking forward to this. Nice work so far.

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#24 Post by Karamelow »

Hello everybody ^^

I'm MelowBee, main sprite artist of AIdol project. I'm very happy to work on this project, and I hope, when it will over, you enjoy the game ;)
While waiting, here is some concepts for Aiko's clothes scene. We have already decided the final costume, but just out of curiosity, which one do you prefer?
See you soon for more graphics (^ o^)/

(you can see an better image quality ther : http://www.hapshack.com/images/7lu0r.png[/img)

ColaCat
Veteran

#25 Post by ColaCat »

Hmm, well I prefer the first one (of both the headphones and the dresses). It's weird though, because they make her look much shorter. Almost like her body is much younger than her face. Maybe it's just me...

And let me know if you want me to proofread for you again. I love the concept of this VN, partnered with the art I can tell this is going to be amazing. (Seriously, this is so cool)!

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#26 Post by Karamelow »

Oh I prefer the dress number one too! But, in fact, we chose to mix a bit of all the costumes for the final dress. Also, thanks for your remark about her body, I would discuss with Morhighan to see if we made changes or if left it like that ^^

ColaCat
Veteran

#27 Post by ColaCat »

Greta minds think alike! Ah, that's good. They're all so nice it would seem a shame for any of them to get left out. That's okay, I'm glad I could help. I didn't know if it was deliberate or not.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Morhighan »

ColaCat wrote:And let me know if you want me to proofread for you again. I love the concept of this VN, partnered with the art I can tell this is going to be amazing. (Seriously, this is so cool)!
Hey, thanks for your input on the art! :D
I've just gotten done doing some revisions to the chapters you've read, I'd love to have you go over them again. I'll send you a message soon!

ColaCat
Veteran

#29 Post by ColaCat »

No problem!

I look forward to hearing from you then. Can't wait to see the revised chapters! :)

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

#30 Post by ameliori »

I just wanna drop by this thread and say that what you're doing is really inspiring for beginner Visual Novelists (such as myself!). The level of work and detail you put into this project is truly awesome. Already, I have found a goldmine of tips on how to produce a budgeted game. Thanks so much for that. I am amazed! I wish we can work on something in the future! More power to your project! ^^,
ameliori
TwitterPatreon