The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy] [CASSIUS CH 1!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
smallstar
Projects: birdie, catch me

Re: The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy/Slice of Life] [Demo!]

#76 Post by smallstar »

Played the demo and loved it! I like how the relationships are building up realistically like... more friendship-y than romance-y? Idk, I like it a lot. The characters and art and design are all super charming too (like, monster boys. what's not to love), and Jun is great. I'd totally want to take their route if I was playing as another character ahaha. I think I love Lady, Calisto, and Shawn the most. Too bad Lady isn't available as a "best friend route" ;P Jun's interactions with her are pretty cute.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#77 Post by AntiquedFae »

(I'm sickly today, so please excuse any extreme weirdness or general nonsense in this message. That is probably all of it but.)
I want to love them all. Can I love them all? This is amazing. I adore non-human things, and I adore it even more when I can talk to them. Who wants to date a regular jock-y boy when you can date an angler-fish man? Honestly. This is fantastic!

The only thing this game is missing (other than the faerie, which was already brought up) is a good old groaning, petrified Egyptian mummy. I think every game is missing a mummy though, so take this as you will. I really want to pursue all the boys though, which is something extremely rare! They are so amazing.

Can I love you too? 'Cause I think I do anyway. (Ohmygoodness I'm a creep.)

Seriously, it's amazing. Squee!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#78 Post by Cafechan »

Daarkess wrote:You are brave doing a game this large by yourself. Well done.
I'm sure you know, the visual developer commuinity will be always ready to offer help.

Currently, Calisto Queensland is my favourite character. Bartenders always make interesting characters in my opinion.
Thank you!! This project wouldn't even be possible without the community's kindness and support. I'm really happy you like Calisto, I'm quite fond of him myself♪
smallstar wrote:Played the demo and loved it! I like how the relationships are building up realistically like... more friendship-y than romance-y? Idk, I like it a lot. The characters and art and design are all super charming too (like, monster boys. what's not to love), and Jun is great. I'd totally want to take their route if I was playing as another character ahaha. I think I love Lady, Calisto, and Shawn the most. Too bad Lady isn't available as a "best friend route" ;P Jun's interactions with her are pretty cute.
Thank you so so much for playing the demo! I WISH SO BADLY I COULD MAKE A LADY ROUTE. If I had more time... more resources... Maybe someday, as DLC.... *laugh* The only reason I didn't consider her as a candidate from the beginning was because she was a preexisting character of mine and in the previous continuities I had her in, she was already in a relationship. But maybe................ someday, somehow...
AntiquedFae wrote:The only thing this game is missing (other than the faerie, which was already brought up) is a good old groaning, petrified Egyptian mummy. I think every game is missing a mummy though, so take this as you will. I really want to pursue all the boys though, which is something extremely rare! They are so amazing.
Man!!! A mummy would be precious! Shawn kinda fills the undead dude quota for this game, but... Someday... if Duenkhy 2.... *slaps self*
Can I love you too? 'Cause I think I do anyway. (Ohmygoodness I'm a creep.)
BY ALL MEANS. Come to my arms :' D

Thanks for the feedback!!! Shawn's route is almost done. Yay!!!!!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#79 Post by sasquatchii »

Hey there! I can't believe I forgot to comment on this when I first played the demo a few months ago. I played it again and I feel like it has come such a long way since then!

I LOVED IT. Every second of it. Seriously, this is the most fun I've ever had playing a demo of something. I can't decide if it's poking fun at romance as a genre because it's just so silly and fun, and some of the characters remind me of tropes seen in other shows/games.

I'm so excited for this to come out! Tor is hands down my favorite character, and I also really liked Lady, Cassius, and Calisto. I only had one (tiny) thing that I thought was confusing:

When we meet Shawn, I thought it was a little weird/disconcerting that we're standing on the street with him one moment. Then, we get a CG of him behind his door, and after that we're back on the street with him. It just seemed to randomly jump around and I was a little confused as to what was going on. Shouldn't the cg where he's behind the door come first?

But other than that, kudos to you! I'm pretty sure once this is finished I will probably play it multiple times to get most if not all of the routes completed.
ImageImage

StarGirl
Projects: Untitled

#80 Post by StarGirl »

I played through the demo a while back and absolutely adored it! The art is amazing and everything is great. I'm definitely stalking this game from now on.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#81 Post by AntiquedFae »

Uuugh, it only took me a month to actually play the demo. That's not too bad, right? Okay, yes it is, nevermind.

But I wanted to say I really loved it! Jun is a little uninteresting of an MC to me(but I think that may mostly be their character design, which is understandably limited by their being gender-neutral so you couldn't add many details without it swinging one way or another. I played Jun as a female and nothing seemed unnatural to me, if that is something which you would be interested in.) but Jun's slight lack of appeal is more than made up for by all the amazing characters!!! Eee, they are so much fun! I really liked the premise; monster and humans living alongside, but segregated is an idea which as of late has coincidentally been of interest to me. So it is especially fun to play a game that takes place in a world like that. :)

I only found one typo (since you asked for typos) but I was way too absorbed in the story to take a screenshot. ^^; It was when Jun was talking to...Calisto, I believe his name was(anglerfish man with awesome tattoos and a penchant for alcoholism) and was literally tiny: when he was talking about Jun being a bodyguard for Lady, bodyguard was written as two words "body guard" when it is usually written as 'bodyguard' with the words combined together. That was literally the only thing I found, which is amazing for a WIP! On that note, the writing is great and the characterization is absolutely beyond fantastic. Actually, on that note on top of a note, the art is possibly even more amazing than the writing, which is saying a lot. The art is gorgeous and colourful.

The quiz was really fun, as I am obsessed with quizzes. A lot of it seemed random and I didn't expect it to be accurate, but I was very impressed when I got my result; it got me really quite well. So it works! If you're curious, I got Shawn as the character I would have been on the path of. And I admittedly agree that Shawn fills the undead guy quota for this game. Next game: faerie and mummy duenky extreme jazz time!
...You can feel free to ignore me now. I will understand. :/

In summary, it is so fun and refreshing and I of course love it. Please make more. Pretty please with a keyboard on top?
You can call me Fae!

pyla8

#82 Post by pyla8 »

How the hell did you manage to write such unbelievably, adorable characters? With the exception of long hair purple guy (cause I don't care for him) and Lady (b/c she's all caretaker role) I want gather them all up, drop them in my pocket, and take them home. If that makes sense. And whoa, Tor's romanceable. I didn't even dare to hope for that (I don't read descriptions when there's pretty art and a demo.) Looks like you've made really good progress with the routes, which is really good news for me.

The only problem I had was with the quiz to pick the routes. I thought there were too many questions, so it'd make it cumbersome to replay a different route, you know? Personally, I'd prefer it if there were less this or that questions and just a few questions with several options, but that's just me and I'm pretty ignore-able. I hope that was intelligible. x) Keep up the good work!!

DuskSnare
Tumblr: DuskSnare
Soundcloud: DuskSnare

#83 Post by DuskSnare »

I was about to comment, asking what on earth has happened to this game, but, I noticed the progress for the routes has increased a lot! This makes me quite happy, considering this game was really interesting! I do however, wish you'd update the official tumblr page more often.

Cafechan
Regular

#84 Post by Cafechan »

I'm surprised to see this thread still getting feedback! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated anything, and I'll reply individually to all these kind comments when I can. Duenkhy is still slowly making progress. It just kind of slowed to a crawl since I'm in art school now!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#85 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Welcome back! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#86 Post by AntiquedFae »

So glad that this is still ongoing! Yay!
You can call me Fae!

DuskSnare
Tumblr: DuskSnare
Soundcloud: DuskSnare

#87 Post by DuskSnare »

Cafechan wrote:I'm surprised to see this thread still getting feedback! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated anything, and I'll reply individually to all these kind comments when I can. Duenkhy is still slowly making progress. It just kind of slowed to a crawl since I'm in art school now!
Art School? Congratulations on getting in!

bellice
Veteran

#88 Post by bellice »

Finally got around to playing the demo and....Tor. Tor Tor Tor Tor you beautiful cuddly creature you.
I mean, I figured I'd probably like him because he's a friggin' tiger dressed like a professor and looks way too fluffy for me to keep my hands off him. He repaired my stuff out of the kindness of his heart, he gave me cookies and he does things like take photos of flowers in his free time. Dude is basically my dream guy, except better because he's probably really warm and soft.

I may be in love.

Cafechan
Regular

#89 Post by Cafechan »

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the kind feedback. An updated version of what you saw for the demo, coupled with a beta of the first chapter of Cassius' route, has been released!!!

Check it ouuuuut! http://leedalangin.itch.io/the-duenkhy-demo

MeiOfPearls

Re: The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy] [CASSIUS CH 1!!]

#90 Post by MeiOfPearls »

Hey, wow, Just played the demo few weeks ago and then downloaded the one with Cassius' route added.

Just when I thought that I would be more leaning to Shawn..

Cassius happened.

Maybe something about the cautious, yet adorable and sweet interactions? Something about his shy demeanor?
Or maybe that last scene of Cassius' where my heart had to burst out from the fluffiness I had just witnessed? (Omg, you teeeease!)
SOMETHINGGG!!

Now I may like him a little more than Shawn now but I'm still.. definitely looking forward to Shawn's route.

Anyway, the art is pretty amazing! The game is really like breathing fresh air for me (even if its a demo), There's almost no typos too, and characters are all really likeable! (Specially the ones mentioned above, and Lady. Never forgetting about Lady.). I love how the relationships are developing from friendly acquaintances/neighbors to maybe something more. Makes me feel more reassured about their chemistry, like seeing the foundation or a root, or like knowing that in that place was a seed before it became a plant..

(You can start calling me a weirdo now)

Hahaha, I'm really going to keep tabs on this game, well done so far! Specially with the preview route of Cassius. Please keep up the good work!

Can I just say I love you?