The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy] [CASSIUS CH 1!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy] [CASSIUS CH 1!!]

#1 Post by Cafechan »

<3
Last edited by Cafechan on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

Re: The Duenkhy [XxB][Otome][Fantasy/Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Chasing Summer »

The game looks pretty unique. It’s different from what I usually might play, but different is good. Well.. most of the time, I think.

Not to mention, you can date a tiger AND a robot? Now, I just need a fairy. (Or did I miss something and one of them is a fairy?)
new account: sonnenblumen

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#3 Post by Morhighan »

I love these designs, super cute!
I can't wait to see where this project goes.

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#4 Post by Broodelin »

cafechan, are you linked directly to my brain? Because this is exactly the kind of thing I want to play! :D

I swear, both of the projects you've been working on so far strike a real wavelength with me.

I honestly can't choose which character I like the most out of the main ones, but CASSIUS 4 LYFE YO~

Cafechan
Regular

#5 Post by Cafechan »

Not to mention, you can date a tiger AND a robot? Now, I just need a fairy. (Or did I miss something and one of them is a fairy?)
Haha, unfortunately no fairies in our main lineup! They are mentioned in passing sometimes though. Maybe someday, in The Duenkhy 2... (probably not) ((although it would be fun to make a sequel centering on female duenkhy? hmmm...))
I love these designs, super cute!
I can't wait to see where this project goes.
Morhigan, thank you very much!! I worry a lot about the designs I ended up going with, so I'm happy to hear you like them.
I swear, both of the projects you've been working on so far strike a real wavelength with me.

I honestly can't choose which character I like the most out of the main ones, but CASSIUS 4 LYFE YO~
Heehee, awwwww, I'm glad!!! I'm trying to make games that are things I'd like to play. If other people can enjoy it too, I'll be very happy.
Cassius is a sweet little guy! I'm going to try to finish writing his route today, actually! It's been long overdue for the last week or two, but algormortis really sidetracked me, hehe. Why did I think making two games at the same time was a good idea!?

Broodelin
Regular

#6 Post by Broodelin »

Cafechan wrote: Heehee, awwwww, I'm glad!!! I'm trying to make games that are things I'd like to play. If other people can enjoy it too, I'll be very happy.
Cassius is a sweet little guy! I'm going to try to finish writing his route today, actually! It's been long overdue for the last week or two, but algormortis really sidetracked me, hehe. Why did I think making two games at the same time was a good idea!?
We must be the same kind of crazy because I'm working on several games right now. ;)

My offer to help code either of your projects still stands, by the way. I'd love to help you out in any way that I can. :)

Cafechan
Regular

#7 Post by Cafechan »

Broodelin wrote: We must be the same kind of crazy because I'm working on several games right now. ;)
Hahaha, high five!! I'm cheering you on for your games!
My offer to help code either of your projects still stands, by the way. I'd love to help you out in any way that I can. :)
That is super kind of you!! I actually am MONDO confused about customizing save/load windows. I know exactly what I want to do with them, and I can design the images necessary for them, but I just don't have the know-how to make them do what I want... I've looked at so many tutorials, but I still don't really know what to do... Would you mind if I wrote up/explained what it is I want to do later? (Can I use this thread for things like that? LOL)

I have such a basic baby understanding of Ren'Py that I'll probably just draw little pictures and explain it in terms of "and then I want THIS window to go WOOSH up to here..."

Broodelin
Regular

#8 Post by Broodelin »

Cafechan wrote:
Broodelin wrote: We must be the same kind of crazy because I'm working on several games right now. ;)
Hahaha, high five!! I'm cheering you on for your games!
/high fives

Thanks! Most of them aren't technically all mine (They're pretty much all just projects that my friends came up with and dragged me into because - hey! - I can type out lines of code that mysteriously work for some reason), but I appreciate your support - especially because I'm a new developer.

Don't forget that I'm rooting for you too! :)
That is super kind of you!! I actually am MONDO confused about customizing save/load windows. I know exactly what I want to do with them, and I can design the images necessary for them, but I just don't have the know-how to make them do what I want... I've looked at so many tutorials, but I still don't really know what to do... Would you mind if I wrote up/explained what it is I want to do later? (Can I use this thread for things like that? LOL)

I have such a basic baby understanding of Ren'Py that I'll probably just draw little pictures and explain it in terms of "and then I want THIS window to go WOOSH up to here..."
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if you sent it to me in a PM. I know a little bit about screen language, so I should be able to help you out a little, and I'm sure that this game's going to attract several people who know what they're doing when it comes to making VNs. ;)

Cafechan
Regular

#9 Post by Cafechan »

Broodelin wrote: Heck, I wouldn't even mind if you sent it to me in a PM. I know a little bit about screen language, so I should be able to help you out a little, and I'm sure that this game's going to attract several people who know what they're doing when it comes to making VNs. ;)
Sure thing!! I've got some work to do, but I'll shoot'cha a PM later today. Thank you so much!

As a side note... I might try to work on a CG or background today as well. If I do, maybe I'll post my process, since I love seeing other artists' processes!

Lyyli
Regular

#10 Post by Lyyli »

Wow, this game sounds like so much fuuun! This sure is not something I usually play, which makes it feel fresh!
Looking forward playing it!
Meep.

Lora
Regular
Projects: High Fog

#11 Post by Lora »

I feel you on big solo projects being a bit of a nerve-wracking experience!! However, this looks very nice and well-put together! Those CGs are very lovely (Cassio's has that perfect dating sim 'oh, MC, I didn't see you there!' look to it :P) and the sprites too! I love Calisto's tattoos. I would say I'm most interested in Cassius or Shawn, but I like zombies as a rule, so that might be part of it. (I like his sprite a lot, too) I'll look forward to the demo!

I'd offer to help with the coding too, as I've coming a long way learning it recently and just made my own save/load screen, but it looks like you already have offers on that front and I know there are others more knowledgeable than me :) But I love the project!

Broodelin
Regular

#12 Post by Broodelin »

Lora wrote:
I'd offer to help with the coding too, as I've coming a long way learning it recently and just made my own save/load screen, but it looks like you already have offers on that front and I know there are others more knowledgeable than me :) But I love the project!
Psst... You're probably better suited for it... ;)

Cafechan
Regular

#13 Post by Cafechan »

Lyyli wrote:Wow, this game sounds like so much fuuun! This sure is not something I usually play, which makes it feel fresh!
Looking forward playing it!
I'm really glad to hear that! For some reason, I was under the impression that non-human boys weren't so common, but now that I'm delving back into the otome scene, I'm realizing they're all over the place. I hope I can at least freshen it up with some unconventional characters and stories = )
Lora wrote:I'd offer to help with the coding too, as I've coming a long way learning it recently and just made my own save/load screen, but it looks like you already have offers on that front and I know there are others more knowledgeable than me :) But I love the project!
Thank you so much for your feedback and support, Lora! That's really kind of you!

I might just post my inquiry about save/load menus publicly and let everyone take a look at it. Getting input from different people might be beneficial! = ) Plus, I'm all for learning different ways of doing things. I'll come back with that later this evening... I wanna do some mock-up graphics!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#14 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I kind of have a love-hate relationship with the otome genre, but this looks like it will be lots of fun! I really love the characters and their designs! Thanks for the breath of fresh air.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

cosmic latte
Projects: Notturno, Project Lovingly
Organization: Iridescence VNs

#15 Post by cosmic latte »

Your character designs are absolutely lovely. *q* Definitely going to play Cassius' or Calisto' route first! Cassius looks like such a cutie patoot and I'm loving Calisto's tattoos.