Ascension:Echoes in the dark [CANCELED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rinmaru
Regular
Completed: Cardinal Cross
Projects: Cardinal Cross
Tumblr: impqueengames
Deviantart: rinmaru

Re: Ascension:Echoes in the dark [GxB][GxG][RPG][commercial]

#31 Post by Rinmaru »

@Erikka
The project looks very good! I don't have enough patience to wait untill 2015 or even 2016 but I definitely will wait!))
Pity you want to make your first game commercial but I also can understand your reasons.
Good luck with the project! I will check on it from time to time as I'm really fascinated by your characters))
Is there a chance the game will include sexual content?)

Thank you so much! :)
And it will include some sexual content but very mild. It won't show the whole thing. It'll be more "romantic" than "sexual" I think.

Btw, Ethan and Nathaniel are the best

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

And some NPC work for Adeshia. Still working on the thief route's beginning.

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#32 Post by erikoillustrations »

Can I just please say how much I simply adore and love your Ascension series?!?!?? :shock: I am looking forward to this and throwing my money at the screen the moment it comes out! Totally like the way some elements are similar to Bioware games and Loren the Amazon Princess since I like those kinds of genres.

Edit: The game size doesn't bother me considering the contents of the game. As for the commercial question, it doesn't matter! You can even just include it on your Rinmaru website since your website is already popular. Perhaps add a link to your commercial games only so that it's easier to find.

Also, I'm interested with the rating. Will it be the same rating as Ascension Chapter 3?
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

RockCaptain
Tumblr: rockcaptain
Deviantart: RockCaptain35

#33 Post by RockCaptain »

Your new game is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rinmaru
Regular

#34 Post by Rinmaru »

@aRLegOdDesS
Can I just please say how much I simply adore and love your Ascension series?!?!?? :shock: I am looking forward to this and throwing my money at the screen the moment it comes out! Totally like the way some elements are similar to Bioware games and Loren the Amazon Princess since I like those kinds of genres.
>.< So sorry about the super late reply!!!And yhank you sooo much! <3
Edit: The game size doesn't bother me considering the contents of the game. As for the commercial question, it doesn't matter! You can even just include it on your Rinmaru website since your website is already popular. Perhaps add a link to your commercial games only so that it's easier to find.
I am thinking about making another website just for my Visual Novels but I need to finish making an actual visual novel for that first :P!
Also, I'm interested with the rating. Will it be the same rating as Ascension Chapter 3?
I think ETD will be +17 but I will need to speak with someone who knows about this after I finish the game O_O

@RockCaptain
Your new game is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you sooo much! =)

Also;
Here is a small teaser video to show everyone the progress.
The file is getting larger than I anticipated but I will find a way to deal with it somehow =(!
I'm sorry about the quality, I'll upload a better one when I have more content to show.

pyla8

#35 Post by pyla8 »

This looks amazing! I love character creation and find the comparison to Mass Effect you made terribly promising. Not much else to say without demo...Speaking of demos, when is yours coming out? X) (That's me trying to be subtle, lol.)

Rinmaru
Regular

Re: Ascension:Echoes in the dark [GxB][GxG][RPG]

#36 Post by Rinmaru »

@pyla8
This looks amazing! I love character creation and find the comparison to Mass Effect you made terribly promising. Not much else to say without demo...Speaking of demos, when is yours coming out? X) (That's me trying to be subtle, lol.)

Thank you so much!!! =) A full demo will be ready by june/july hopefully. But there is a very short alpha test going on right now. :P

Also important update;

Due to certain circumstances this game is now free.

The Alpha v1.0 is ready to download on the game's homepage.
It's only %10 of the game so there isn't many things to do.
I hope to add a better demo when I finish the other two jobs chapter 1.
Please feel free to tell me your opinions. It's my first ren'py game and I really want to learn something new every second of the way.
Thank you!

underbliss
Regular
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna

#37 Post by underbliss »

I'm really sorry to hear about that, it's awful that all that work won't get it's time in the sun...
Let me say then that I always found your project to be extremely inspiring and what you managed to do with your character customization was something I could only aspire to do EVENTUALLY if I EVER managed to figure out the first thing about programming, or game design, or whatever particular label/task/talent it took to do what you did. Most developers wouldn't think to do a project like this on their own, but you did, and you blew the customization aspects well out of the water as far as what I've seen, so I think you should be extremely proud of that!

I am excited to try out your alpha and when I get the chance to I will and will happily share any feedback I can! :D

Rinmaru
Regular

#38 Post by Rinmaru »

@Underbliss
I'm really sorry to hear about that, it's awful that all that work won't get it's time in the sun...
Let me say then that I always found your project to be extremely inspiring and what you managed to do with your character customization was something I could only aspire to do EVENTUALLY if I EVER managed to figure out the first thing about programming, or game design, or whatever particular label/task/talent it took to do what you did. Most developers wouldn't think to do a project like this on their own, but you did, and you blew the customization aspects well out of the water as far as what I've seen, so I think you should be extremely proud of that!

I am excited to try out your alpha and when I get the chance to I will and will happily share any feedback I can! :D

Thank you sooo much for your reply!
According to tumblr and other websites people are not that angry that I had to take out many of these features :P! And about character customization, I will eventually add a tutorial here*.

*edit: The tutorial is right here if you still need it =) I hope it helps!

O_O But it's not a very clean code. It's really messy and I'm %100 sure there is a better way to do it somehow ;_; lol. Nevertheless I will try!
Thank you so much again!

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#39 Post by Doomzilla »

The demo was amazing, but all your work is! I don't mind the cut features, better to lose a few features than the game. I'm a little surprised you're going to make it free considering how huge it still is!

I noticed spacebar doesn't progress the game (only left click), and I'm begging you to make that work. That's usually what I use and one of my favorite things about ren'py. My poor wrist can't handle mouse click only! o_o

I have to say... about Reno... Oh my. I may or may not have replayed his scene too many times. >.> Shivery, indeed. So he's now my "most interested in" character. Gabi was pretty great too. I loved how the side characters reacted to the MC, and especially how it changed based on race.

I can't wait to see more! I'm kind of happy to hear you're going to do chapters because it means less waiting! ^^

Rinmaru
Regular

#40 Post by Rinmaru »

@Doomzilla
The demo was amazing, but all your work is! I don't mind the cut features, better to lose a few features than the game. I'm a little surprised you're going to make it free considering how huge it still is!

Thank you so much! =) Honestly, I'm a little relieved to be making this for free. While I was working on the game, I was really stressed out trying to make it perfect. It's my first visual novel and I really needed to make mistakes and learn from them but I couldn't "allow" myself any mistakes because I thought I couldn't take people's money for a crappy product.
Now I know that I have time, I'm free to try different things in the game and ask how people liked it, make mistakes and learn with no pressure.
It was the best decision for me too :P.
I noticed spacebar doesn't progress the game (only left click), and I'm begging you to make that work. That's usually what I use and one of my favorite things about ren'py. My poor wrist can't handle mouse click only! o_o

The space bar doesn't progress but Enter does :D I'm going to use spacebar for something else in the future but you can always skip via enter =)!
I have to say... about Reno... Oh my. I may or may not have replayed his scene too many times. >.> Shivery, indeed. So he's now my "most interested in" character. Gabi was pretty great too. I loved how the side characters reacted to the MC, and especially how it changed based on race.

Hahaha XD! Glad you liked Reno. He was really fun to work on. =)
There are tiny tiny changes in the game with races. Some options only appear to some races, some people may make comments about the MC's hairstyle etc.
It will be even more fun when the companions join it, I think :P Some companions will have trouble accepting some classes/races etc.
I can't wait to see more! I'm kind of happy to hear you're going to do chapters because it means less waiting! ^^

Yes, definitely! Once chapter.1 of all classes are complete and chapter.2 starts (that's where all classes join), my job will be way easier.
That means more chapters, faster. :D
Last edited by Rinmaru on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by philip »

Well, came upon this thread today and downloaded the alpha demo. I am ashamed to admit that I had not heard of the previous Ascension chapters (Sorry, I'm kinda new to the VN scene). Anyway, I Googled, as you suggested, and played through Ascension-Chapter 1 . . . . WOW!!! What an amazing story! The art is wonderful, and the story is intriguing . . . looks like I won't be getting to this demo until I have finished Chapters Two and Three. I have a confession: I think I have a crush on Rin the Librarian . . . she is so darned cute! (And smart, too!)

Once I have made my way through the previous stuff, I will return to the demo; based on what I saw in Chapter one, I am certain that this latest effort will be outstanding, as well. I shall return later to comment on the demo.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Rinmaru
Regular

#42 Post by Rinmaru »

@philip
Well, came upon this thread today and downloaded the alpha demo. I am ashamed to admit that I had not heard of the previous Ascension chapters (Sorry, I'm kinda new to the VN scene). Anyway, I Googled, as you suggested, and played through Ascension-Chapter 1 . . . . WOW!!! What an amazing story! The art is wonderful, and the story is intriguing . . . looks like I won't be getting to this demo until I have finished Chapters Two and Three. I have a confession: I think I have a crush on Rin the Librarian . . . she is so darned cute! (And smart, too!)
Once I have made my way through the previous stuff, I will return to the demo; based on what I saw in Chapter one, I am certain that this latest effort will be outstanding, as well. I shall return later to comment on the demo.
philip

Thank you so much! =) The ending of chapter.3 is a little rushed because of technical issues ;_; but I hope you will like them!

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#43 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

First, let me say that I am still watching this project with the giddiness of that of a high school girl. I'm sorry you had to cut a few things, but considering the amount of work you're still able and willing to do, I have no doubt that the finished project will be nothing less than amazing.

I wish you all the best in completing this and I can't wait to start praising your work once the full game is available.

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#44 Post by Doomzilla »

Rinmaru wrote:Thank you so much! =) Honestly, I'm a little relieved to be making this for free. While I was working on the game, I was really stressed out trying to make it perfect. It's my first visual novel and I really needed to make mistakes and learn from them but I couldn't "allow" myself any mistakes because I thought I couldn't take people's money for a crappy product.
Now I know that I have time, I'm free to try different things in the game and ask how people liked it, make mistakes and learn with no pressure.
It was the best decision for me too :P.
If free makes you happy then it was definitely the right choice! ^^
Rinmaru wrote:The space bar doesn't progress but Enter does :D I'm going to use spacebar for something else in the future but you can always skip via enter =)!
Ack! I didn't even think to try that. Thanks!

Rinmaru
Regular

#45 Post by Rinmaru »

@Roseus Mirabili
First, let me say that I am still watching this project with the giddiness of that of a high school girl. I'm sorry you had to cut a few things, but considering the amount of work you're still able and willing to do, I have no doubt that the finished project will be nothing less than amazing.
I wish you all the best in completing this and I can't wait to start praising your work once the full game is available.

Thank you so much! =) Can't want to release the full version too! :P

@Doomzilla
Ack! I didn't even think to try that. Thanks!

You are very welcome :)!!