Ascension:Echoes in the dark [CANCELED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cel_skywalker

Re: Ascension:Echoes in the dark [GxB][GxG][RPG]

#61 Post by cel_skywalker »

When exactly is the game supposed to come out? I heard it was supposed to come out a long time ago. I'm just so excited and would love to know when it's ready, so I can be ready! You make the most awesome games! :)

shogako
Projects: Cherry Kiss, Insensible
Organization: Cloudnovel
Deviantart: shogako

#62 Post by shogako »

Oh my gosh, I'm in love with the artwork! I just have a small little problem. I downloaded the demo and I'm pretty sure all the files are there, but I can't find a way to open the game? Is there a certain file I have to open? I'm kind of lost so an explanation would be wonderful!!

azulas
Deviantart: azulas

#63 Post by azulas »

1. the demo was awesome! it was waaaay bigger and more complex than i expected, with so many areas and people to talk to. i spent a lot of time just wandering around and going through all the interactions, and the silk is definitely the most interesting location imo. the characters there are so lively & interesting, & catalina and her ties to past characters are definitely intriguing. i also loved being able to name my character, and the references to your name/class/race/etc. from other characters really makes you feel more involved in the story imo!

i also can't wait for dwarf customization to be up in the full game or more demos, i love dwarfs and the way you draw them looks so cute (from previews). i swear i'm probably going to end up playing the game like 6 times just to have a character from all the races bc they look so cool. and if i make a kith i'm definitely making her a mean cat because, everyone's going to underestimate her and then boom. kitties got claws omg i'm sorry for making that pun i'm terrible :lol:

2. the size wasn't a problem for me! it took a bit longer than most, but for some it may be worse :( i know there are ways of compressing file sizes for videos/pictures and such, i'm not sure how you would go abt it for a game though xD but for the amount of content that's going to be in the game, i'd be okay with having more than 1gb for it (anything else seems pretty impossible).

3.i've no experience with this, sorry. i hope others who have are able to help you with this :)

4. i really like the character customization, i'm a fan of a lot of your previous dress up games & really enjoy your art style!

my only criticism or suggestion for the character creation would be some probably nit picky details on my part that i noticed when playing any race other than sun elves (or moon elves, for obvious vibrant skin hue reasons) in that the darkest skin tone looks a little strange & almost too red. there are some strange white lines around the mouth and eyes that i assume blend with the paler skintones, but not with the darker ones.

i'd suggest maybe having more dark skin options, but i understand just "adding more options" can be difficult, especially of a game of this size where time and work would be better spent otherwise. perhaps you could switch another dark skin option out for one of the lighter ones? particularly since there are 2 lighter skinned options that are almost the same, it would add more diversity to characters :)

it would also be cool if there were more npc, background relationships between same-gendered individuals. i've seen a few couples in the game and they all seem really cute (or funny, if we're talking about the girl at the markets and her boyfriend. or maybe the character i'm playing is what makes it so witty, idk :lol:).but i've only seen one between 2 women in the silk, which didn't seem to be romantic in nature and just a close relationship that also involves sex (which i appreciated for different reasons, it's great to show different types of relationships & i really liked the way she explained it). the only thing with that is, despite it being refreshing to show relationships that aren't just we met fell in love got married etc. it'd be nice for there to be more women in relationships with other women that aren't mostly about sex and friendship, and that had more romantic aspects in them (aside from player-character interactions) bc of the ever persistent trope and sentiment that women only desire other women for sex :roll:

i've played a lot of fantasy games where homophobia and the like apparently don't exist, yet... besides yourself, if given the option, almost the entire world around you is straight :shock: it's really confusing, bc it's like ohhhh no homophobia doesn't exist! here are all these npcs, none of them are not straight & your just left scratching your head? or at least i am :? so it would be great if this wasn't lik*that.

**all in all the game looks really great & promising, and it makes me extra happy to see a gxg game that isn't just 1 girl romance option next to 6 guys, if you know what i mean :roll: i've certainly seen it a few too many times though i'm usually just grateful for that option, but when that one character is uninteresting and/or unattractive you just gotta :cry:

good luck on the game! :)

Arkhane
Regular

#64 Post by Arkhane »

Hello :)

For those who are as impatient as me, here is some information I found on tumblr posted two month ago
http://impqueengames.tumblr.com/tagged/ ... mes/page/2

Ascension ETD:

Ascension ETD will be on hiatus a little longer. It’s % is way lower than the rest of the games I have in store, so I need to finish them first. ETD is a huge huge game, so it needs a large amount of time to work on. I will start working on it again when my work load is lighter. :) I will also have to re-program the whole thing on a different program, so we are back to square one.

Artwork: %0

Programming: %0

Script: %30

Will be free for PC(Win/Mac)
So come back to us soon Rinmaru :3

Bye bye :3

pinto minto
Regular
Projects: Skeletons of a Demon

#65 Post by pinto minto »

Hi Rinmaru! I'm a huge, huge fan of your games! I enjoyed playing all of your Ascension series, and I remembered playing Rinmaru World when it was first released (as well as a lot of your dress up games, I was amazed with all of the possible customization options). As for Ascension ETD, I was super excited when I first heard about it, like not only do you get to customize your character, but you get to play as a different class as well... and when I saw that you could romance/date other female characters, I thought it was too good to be true! That's such a rare thing to see in VNs.

I downloaded/played the demo a little while ago with no problems, and pretty much everything was fantastic. I thought it was real neat how you could choose her history background/change her personality as you go. My character was sassy and daring, which was a nice change compared to other VNs I've played in the past where the protagonist would feel sort of "bland" or meek. Also, I love the artwork/diverse characters, there were times where I would stop reading the text to look at the characters/background because of how pretty it was. I really like that many of the female characters in the game weren't super "girly girls" either, so I have a feeling that the date-able female characters aren't going to be like that. Whenever I play a VN with date-able female characters, they're always so girly/unrelatable. As someone who's bisexual I don't know how to explain it, but it feels really off.

I'm looking forward to this game, and as for the release date, take your time!!! I know there's a lot of pressure/stress since it's such a huge production, and also because you have other things to focus on as well outside of games, so I really don't mind the wait at all!

All in all, I wanted to say that you've improved and expanded your games so well that I'm impressed!