Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#31 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Weoulf wrote:Wow, thank you so much! That means a lot to me; to know that my characters' personalities are coming through without me having to say too much. They are in high-school (though they're in their last year). I just used 'College' in the school name like most private schools here do. Sorry for the confusion! I'm really glad someone is drawn to Lev, heh. Thank you again for answering my questions - your question will be answered soon, too!
I should put on my dunce cap! The "college" mistake is fully due to my ignorance. Whoops. Well, today, I learned something. :wink:

And I'm loving the new character cards! Keep up the good work!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#32 Post by Chasing Summer »

The new character profiles for Ethon, Vasco and Arthur all look great. I did not imagine Ethon with white hair, but hey, it looks fantastic on him! Vasco’s also good-looking, I think I might fall for those intense eyes. ;)

Anyway, keep up the good work. I’m anticipating further updates~
new account: sonnenblumen

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#33 Post by Mad Harlequin »

If you look closely at the image, you'll see that Ethon's hair is dark in the very back. I guess he's making a fashion statement with the white dye in front!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Chasing Summer
Regular

#34 Post by Chasing Summer »

*Stares closely* I actually did not notice / pay that attention at first. Maybe my eyes have gone bad. ._.

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#35 Post by kisa »

I like the art to this game... Its funky and things with styles like this always make me think of energetic people.

The plot interests me and I'd love to play it. (Once my computer works right again, which may be a while... OTL )
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

#36 Post by Weoulf »

Lev's character card is up and so is the official game website! A lot of the pages are still pretty blank, but there's some stuff in 'Sketches' and 'Character Art'.
Mad Harlequin wrote:I should put on my dunce cap! The "college" mistake is fully due to my ignorance. Whoops. Well, today, I learned something. :wink:

And I'm loving the new character cards! Keep up the good work!
Aw no, it's all good, heheh. Thank you so much though!! I'll keep trying my best!
Chasing Summer wrote:The new character profiles for Ethon, Vasco and Arthur all look great. I did not imagine Ethon with white hair, but hey, it looks fantastic on him! Vasco’s also good-looking, I think I might fall for those intense eyes. ;)

Anyway, keep up the good work. I’m anticipating further updates~
Hahah, Ethon's hair actually gets brought up in the game! Ooh, I hope you like Vasco when his mask is off too, heh. I really want to say thank you for all your support so far, even though I haven't got much to show yet - so, thank you very much!!
kisa wrote:I like the art to this game... Its funky and things with styles like this always make me think of energetic people.

The plot interests me and I'd love to play it. (Once my computer works right again, which may be a while... OTL )
Thanks! I'm aiming for an upbeat and lively atmosphere with this game so that's great. Computer troubles suck; I hope you work things out soon, and that you'll be able to play once the game is out.
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chasing Summer
Regular

#37 Post by Chasing Summer »

Now I’m curious what’s underneath Vasco’s mask. *crosses fingers and wishes for sharp teeth*

salventus

#38 Post by salventus »

Your arts are pretty cool and the story seems interesting! Can't wait to play this game! :3

Weoulf
Regular

#39 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: I'm sorry for the lack of updates this week! It's been pretty hectic (I even lost my dog at some point but it's okay; we found him sooner than I thought we would), but I did start writing the prologue and working on the sprites, so here's a quick look.
SPRITEBATCHONE.png
I'll hopefully have everything I was planning to put up on the 6th done before then!

Chasing Summer
Regular

#40 Post by Chasing Summer »

The sprite previews are looking good and I hope the complete sprites are equally as fantastic. It’s only Vasco’s right foot (the one facing forward) that looks a tad to big from my perspective, but then again, that’s only my opinion.

I also have to say I’m impressed by how dedicated and organized you are about this project.

Weoulf
Regular

#41 Post by Weoulf »

Chasing Summer wrote:The sprite previews are looking good and I hope the complete sprites are equally as fantastic. It’s only Vasco’s right foot (the one facing forward) that looks a tad to big from my perspective, but then again, that’s only my opinion.

I also have to say I’m impressed by how dedicated and organized you are about this project.
Oh, you're totally right about Vasco's foot (I also need to fix Arthur's.........); I'll definitely tweak it soon.

And thank you for saying so - it's been a long time since I've really put any effort into anything so I want to try and do my best with this, and have as much fun as I can during the process!
salventus wrote:Your arts are pretty cool and the story seems interesting! Can't wait to play this game! :3
Thank you! I hope it'll live up to your expectations.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#42 Post by Rinima »

Just noticed all the head art for the characters are up....
lookin seeeeexyyyyy~
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Azure_Flute
Regular

#43 Post by Azure_Flute »

There's not many bl games that still ongoing here most of em are dead
soo i wish YOUR GAMES is not one of those bl games that was dead ^_^
(By the way i interested in this because i really love playing yaoi(BOY LOVE) and otome)
Do not disturb me

Weoulf
Regular

#44 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: Wow, hello, I am alive and I have returned with some things! I'm super sorry about the delay; a lot of things came up, but things have more or less died down and now I can focus on this properly. Screenshots are here and the sprites are here! I'll be setting up a twitter for daily updates/news on the game, and a dA for artwork on July 13.

I'll be real with you guys; my favourite test screenshot happens to be this one:

Work on sprite expressions and outfits start on July 14!

--
Rinima wrote:Just noticed all the head art for the characters are up....
lookin seeeeexyyyyy~
Heh, thank you!
Azure_Flute wrote:There's not many bl games that still ongoing here most of em are dead
soo i wish YOUR GAMES is not one of those bl games that was dead ^_^
(By the way i interested in this because i really love playing yaoi(BOY LOVE) and otome)
Oh, I promise I won't leave this one hanging. I'm determined to finish it one way or another. Thanks for your interest! I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm pretty big fan of BL and otome games myself, heh.

Demetis
Regular

#45 Post by Demetis »

The character sprites are looking really good! * v * Can't wait to see the dressed ones! 8'D (Mainly because I am curious about the outfits duuuuh who wouldn't drool on the naked bishies right now 8'D //slapped)
Glad to see the production going so fast! >w<