Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#76 Post by Xerofit51 »

Looking like a nice polished game. I'm looking forward for Lyall he's gorgeous makes me want to draw a fanart of him <3. I'd rather see CG's for 17th of August, but BG's are also cool. In general I don't mind what it is as long as I see your art . Bookmarking this. I hope u finish this, but no rush though, have fun making ur game!

Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

#77 Post by Weoulf »

Xerofit51 wrote:Looking like a nice polished game. I'm looking forward for Lyall he's gorgeous makes me want to draw a fanart of him <3. I'd rather see CG's for 17th of August, but BG's are also cool. In general I don't mind what it is as long as I see your art . Bookmarking this. I hope u finish this, but no rush though, have fun making ur game!
Thank you! Oh gosh, hahahah, it would so cool if you drew fanart of him.....(´▽`ʃƪ)♡ Well, if you ever decide that you want to, please let me know! I'll put it up on the site! I've already started on one of the backgrounds, but if I can finish that early, maybe I'll post a WIP of one of the CGS in the prologue? I guess that would count as an update, haha. Thank you again; I'll do my best.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#78 Post by Xerofit51 »

Made it! hehe, I think I'll do the rest too just for fun. Can I post this on my deviant art by the wa? I'll credit you and attach the link to your website if u want. It's ur character afterall :3

P.S: I based this on ur uniform sketch but I could not see it that well so yeah, sorry if it's not that good.
P.S.S : I like Silvia
Attachments
silvia.jpg
lyall.jpg

Weoulf
Regular

#79 Post by Weoulf »

EDIT: Damn, I feel really bad about all these posts without any updates, so here's a quick look at the boy's uniforms and a screenshot of a secret wallpaper (if you haven't already seen them on twitter). I'll post a proper picture on the 17th, so thanks for putting up with me, guys!

--
Xerofit51 wrote:Made it! hehe, I think I'll do the rest too just for fun. Can I post this on my deviant art by the wa? I'll credit you and attach the link to your website if u want. It's ur character afterall :3

P.S: I based this on ur uniform sketch but I could not see it that well so yeah, sorry if it's not that good.
P.S.S : I like Silvia
OOOOH MY GOSH, I'M FREAKIN' OUT.........Thank you so, so much!! You made Lyall looks so cool and I LOVE Silvia's expression, dang I'M SO HAPPY. I'm gonna make the Lyall one my desktop wallpaper. And yes, of course , feel free to post it up on your dA! I don't mind at all. The uniform looks fine too; it's really close to the original. Gosh, I'd like to do something for you too, as thanks. Do you have a character you'd like me to try my hand at drawing? \(*T▽T*)/

Xerofit51
Veteran

#80 Post by Xerofit51 »

Weoulf wrote: OOOOH MY GOSH, I'M FREAKIN' OUT.........Thank you so, so much!! You made Lyall looks so cool and I LOVE Silvia's expression, dang I'M SO HAPPY. I'm gonna make the Lyall one my desktop wallpaper. And yes, of course , feel free to post it up on your dA! I don't mind at all. The uniform looks fine too; it's really close to the original. Gosh, I'd like to do something for you too, as thanks. Do you have a character you'd like me to try my hand at drawing? \(*T▽T*)/
I'm glad you liked it, but don't get excited yet I want to draw the rest of the guys as well afterall haha (Hopefully they won't turn out bad. I don't want to destroy ur image of the guys :3). I really liked the guys for some reason, and your art in general.

Hmm, I think it's best if u focus on drawing for ur game (so I can quickly beta test it, LOL). That being said, I would love it if you would draw any of my characters from my own game really. I'll let u choose whichever u feel most comfortable drawing though :3. Again u don't have to draw any of them if u don't want to. Good luck with ur game and college.
Attachments
wall_of_characters_by_xerofit51-d7p10za.jpg

Xerofit51
Veteran

#81 Post by Xerofit51 »

Tell me if I should stop posting these pics :v
Attachments
Crevan.jpg

Weoulf
Regular

#82 Post by Weoulf »

Here are this week's updates! They're a little later than usual, but it's still the 17th here, so here we go:
First up, I've been working on one of the first backgrounds you'll see in the prologue - you might have already even seen the sketch up on the website. I've always struggled with backgrounds, but now that I sort of know what I'm doing/how I'm colouring them, it should be easier to work from here on out. There are still a lot details to do and fix up, but don't worry, I'll have them done soon (definitely before the next update)!

Second, here are the boys patched up in their uniforms, and Lev in his casual outfit! Why the mask, eye-patch and bandages?? Well, that'll be all revealed in due time, heh.

Next, we've got the word count: I haven't written as much as I hoped to, but I'll definitely do more work on it this week. Actually, the first half of Lev, Ethon, Vasco and Arthur's dialogues are all done.

Crevan and Lyall will be the focus for the next update, and then afterwards, I'll start on the second part of everyone's dialogues. You'll also be able to chat with Brian Porsche a little bit in the prologue too!

And finally, there's a FAN ART page up on the website now!! Whoo-hoo!! I want to say a special thanks to Xerofit51 for her amazing artworks of Lyall, Crevan and Silvia.
They're my laptop and twitter backgrounds, no joke.
Also, I just wanted to say that I got some really helpful feedback on the survey. Some people have brought up some concerns about characterization, and I'd like to say I'm trying my best to ensure that the characters are all as dynamic and three-dimensional as possible. I know I haven't given much about their personalities yet, but I can assure you that first impressions can be deceiving in this game. I hope you'll all have fun as you discover who the boys really are as you progress through 'Hell's Colosseum' when it's released.

That's it for this week's updates, folks. Next week we'll have a finished background, a CG, AND I'll be working on the game soundtrack. I'll get started on all of that on the Aug 18th, and you can expect it all by Aug 24th.

--
Xerofit51 wrote:Tell me if I should stop posting these pics :v
Ohhhh my gooooooooood. Oh my god. YOU MAKE THE BOYS LOOK SO GOOD. Your style really brings out the delinquent in them; I love your stuff, THANK YOU. Please feel free to keep posting them here!!! I love them and I want everyone to see them, gosh. As for your characters, you have so many, I was wondering who to draw, but I'm thinking Jackal (that's his name, right?) because I'm weak for boys with white hair. But I love Luke and Sonnya too, arghhh, how do I decide...

Bouki
Regular

#83 Post by Bouki »

I... wanted to comment but didn't know what to write, so yeah... ('cause I am awkward even on the internet.) Sorry for not replying for this long. Since I'm a total noob in this forum thingie, I couldn't manage to quote your post properly. I think I will just write it like this. So... I'm glad that my comment made you so happy. (But I am really not that much of a sweet nor nice person as you said, really. Ask my friends, they say I sometimes say such rude things out of the blue D:) I seriously ''awwww''ed when I read ''I hope you will be there to support them too.'' I'm really touched. Thank you so so much! *sniff* And I think it's pretty good idea to add an artbook/databook! I'm such a sucker for these things, I don't think I will be able to resist. And the last thing, your sense of humor is definitely not awful, haha.

Now moving on to the updates! First of all, of course I went back and read all the other posts and yours (half out of boredom, half out of curiosity). You are thinking about making a GxB game? I first thought I would really like this, but I'm not sure now. I think it's more important what kind of game is most enjoyable for you to make and it seems like BxB is your favorite. Of course it's not my place to tell you what kind of games you should make next, I'm just trying to tell even though GxB is my favorite, I would gladly play any good game even though it's BXB or something else. Well I guess I would feel guilty if you made your next game just because lots of us said BxB isn't our favorite. (sorry if it sounded cheesy, English isn't my native language and I didn't know how to word it properly. But I don't want to delete it too D:)
On a side note, I wanted to say I just got home after some days and checked this even before watching Haikyuu!'s new episode. Don't know if you're much of an anime person, but in my book, this is one of the most genuine compliments someone can get :D Sorry for the irrelevance, I just thought it would be the easiest way to say ''Good job, you're doing great!'' without sounding phony, haha.
Anyway, about the updates, Vasco sure looks good. I now realized when I was commenting on the characters, I didn't even add Vasco, haha. Sorry Vasco, I like you too! He is the cool, cold type huh? God I just love these kind of people in games. Like someone else said, he is way more better without that mask though.
I don't even want to comment on you making your own music. Do you happen to piss pure talent when you wake up in the mornings? :D Speaking of talent, Xerofit51 *thumbs up* I think your fanarts look really good. I really liked that secret wallpaper too ^^ Seeing all boys together, I now realized Lyall seems a little... petite? I imagined himself to be more big, but I think he looks better this way.
Am I seeing things, or that file named ''killme.psd''? D: I guess it must be really hard to draw backgrounds, I hope you can get through drawing them as soon as possible, seems like you really hate them. Is that word count just prologue? I like games with a slow pace and reasonably built relationships, I really wonder how is your writing and how you will present the story ^^ Well judging from how you write your replys, I think it will be good. I just realized the game will be prologue + 15 episodes. Are you going to release episodes separately? How much the demo will cover? Will we see the non-romanceable additional characters in the demo? When do you plan to release the demo? Question bombardment!!!
I am eagerly waiting for next week's update, both a background and CG? Maybe even some soundtracks? :3 I can't wait to write a ridiculously long post ranting about hot characters next week, as you can probably see, it lately became one of my hobbies. Keep up the good work, and I hope you have a nice week!
P.S: I realized I wrote a whole post without mentioning Ethon even once. I plan to fangirl like crazy next week to compensate. So beware, folks.

Weoulf
Regular

#84 Post by Weoulf »

Bouki wrote:I... wanted to comment but didn't know what to write, so yeah... ('cause I am awkward even on the internet.) Sorry for not replying for this long. Since I'm a total noob in this forum thingie, I couldn't manage to quote your post properly. I think I will just write it like this. So... I'm glad that my comment made you so happy. (But I am really not that much of a sweet nor nice person as you said, really. Ask my friends, they say I sometimes say such rude things out of the blue D:) I seriously ''awwww''ed when I read ''I hope you will be there to support them too.'' I'm really touched. Thank you so so much! *sniff* And I think it's pretty good idea to add an artbook/databook! I'm such a sucker for these things, I don't think I will be able to resist. And the last thing, your sense of humor is definitely not awful, haha.

Now moving on to the updates! First of all, of course I went back and read all the other posts and yours (half out of boredom, half out of curiosity). You are thinking about making a GxB game? I first thought I would really like this, but I'm not sure now. I think it's more important what kind of game is most enjoyable for you to make and it seems like BxB is your favorite. Of course it's not my place to tell you what kind of games you should make next, I'm just trying to tell even though GxB is my favorite, I would gladly play any good game even though it's BXB or something else. Well I guess I would feel guilty if you made your next game just because lots of us said BxB isn't our favorite. (sorry if it sounded cheesy, English isn't my native language and I didn't know how to word it properly. But I don't want to delete it too D:)

On a side note, I wanted to say I just got home after some days and checked this even before watching Haikyuu!'s new episode. Don't know if you're much of an anime person, but in my book, this is one of the most genuine compliments someone can get :D Sorry for the irrelevance, I just thought it would be the easiest way to say ''Good job, you're doing great!'' without sounding phony, haha.
Anyway, about the updates, Vasco sure looks good. I now realized when I was commenting on the characters, I didn't even add Vasco, haha. Sorry Vasco, I like you too! He is the cool, cold type huh? God I just love these kind of people in games. Like someone else said, he is way more better without that mask though.
I don't even want to comment on you making your own music. Do you happen to piss pure talent when you wake up in the mornings? :D Speaking of talent, Xerofit51 *thumbs up* I think your fanarts look really good. I really liked that secret wallpaper too ^^ Seeing all boys together, I now realized Lyall seems a little... petite? I imagined himself to be more big, but I think he looks better this way.
Am I seeing things, or that file named ''killme.psd''? D: I guess it must be really hard to draw backgrounds, I hope you can get through drawing them as soon as possible, seems like you really hate them. Is that word count just prologue? I like games with a slow pace and reasonably built relationships, I really wonder how is your writing and how you will present the story ^^ Well judging from how you write your replys, I think it will be good. I just realized the game will be prologue + 15 episodes. Are you going to release episodes separately? How much the demo will cover? Will we see the non-romanceable additional characters in the demo? When do you plan to release the demo? Question bombardment!!!
I am eagerly waiting for next week's update, both a background and CG? Maybe even some soundtracks? :3 I can't wait to write a ridiculously long post ranting about hot characters next week, as you can probably see, it lately became one of my hobbies. Keep up the good work, and I hope you have a nice week!
P.S: I realized I wrote a whole post without mentioning Ethon even once. I plan to fangirl like crazy next week to compensate. So beware, folks.
Hello, welcome back! Hahah, it's absolutely a-okay that you weren't sure what to write; I understand. I'm just pleased that you've taken time out of your day to comment and give me so much feedback - and even if you think you're not that sweet or nice, I still think you are! Especially with what you've said about me making GxB games (to be honest, I'm still not sure how well I could do it) - it's nice you're so understanding about it. There's still a fair share of people supporting me despite the game not really being their preference and I'm still very happy and thankful for them - so please don't feel guilty about it! Ah, but I must admit that your concern for me made me really happy, hahah. And I think it's a great compliment to know I took priority over an anime episode (especially over one as good as Haikyuu!! - I love that manga/anime).
And yes! Vasco is the cool, cold type. Actually, FUN FACT: Vasco used to have Lyall's personality, and Lyall used to have Vasco's! Lyall was also initially going to be the same height as Ethon, hahah. It's sort of hard to imagine it now; I'm glad I made the changes that I did.

The .psd file does say 'killme'...I forgot to change it; how embarrassing...Ah, man. Backgrounds are so hard for me, heh. I hope I can get through them quickly too. Oh, and the current word count is for the prologue only, so far. I'll try not to drag it on for too long if I don't have to, but yes, I'd like for everyone to enjoy the story and to get to know the characters without being rushed. Hmm, my writing is...well, I can't say for sure! I'm worried most about my writing, but at the same time it's what I'm most confident about, if that makes sense.

I won't be releasing the episodes separately - the prologue and episodes (plus an epilogue, maybe?) will be all together. They'll sort of be like chapters, I guess? You'll be able to do a lot in each chapter/episode, and like in anime and novels, certain events and things will be covered in each chapter such as school events and...romantic events! Some events are linear and others are specific to choices you make. And sometimes, the choices you make lets you see the event from different perspectives. The demo covers quite a bit, I think. Enough so that the player gets to meet all the main characters, can get a hold of how the game works and the story, and learn a bit about the school and other basic information. Some of the non-romanceable characters will also be in the prologue/demo! In fact, four of them will be in the prologue/demo currently so you'll get to meet them. As for the demo release, I'm (optimistically) hoping for late September. But if not, then definitely at the end of October at the latest.

Thanks again for your wonderful comment, and I hope you enjoy the next update! I'll look forward to your rant about the characters, heh. Have a great week yourself, friend.

chaos

#85 Post by chaos »

september-october? o: oh your plan is to destroy our education is it D8

nah i'm kidding, i wasn't expecting a demo all the way 'til december though (maybe i read that in some other thread), now i'm getting excited about this game ono which isn't good since i'm impatient oops. honestly i just visited the website for the first time and took some time browsing different sections and can i just say, tamela seems like an awesome character! o: i'd be tempted to draw her if it wasn't for my goofy style, i'd prolly butcher her haha.

i also like the sketches included on the site - your art's something else o: vasco my friend, the question is not why, but why not.
ah that lyall sketch though, why are the bad people the ones who have to be attractive D:

now for the update! i know working on backgrounds can be tedious but wow, you're really getting it down! it looks amazing. can't wait to see it fully finished! the boys are lookin' good all dressed up too. looking forward to the next update :D
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

Weoulf
Regular

#86 Post by Weoulf »

chaos wrote:september-october? o: oh your plan is to destroy our education is it D8

nah i'm kidding, i wasn't expecting a demo all the way 'til december though (maybe i read that in some other thread), now i'm getting excited about this game ono which isn't good since i'm impatient oops. honestly i just visited the website for the first time and took some time browsing different sections and can i just say, tamela seems like an awesome character! o: i'd be tempted to draw her if it wasn't for my goofy style, i'd prolly butcher her haha.

i also like the sketches included on the site - your art's something else o: vasco my friend, the question is not why, but why not.
ah that lyall sketch though, why are the bad people the ones who have to be attractive D:

now for the update! i know working on backgrounds can be tedious but wow, you're really getting it down! it looks amazing. can't wait to see it fully finished! the boys are lookin' good all dressed up too. looking forward to the next update :D
Haha! That's right, September and October are busy school times aren't they? Well, they are over here at any rate. Oh, but I was initially planning for a December demo release (I might have mentioned that on twitter or on somewhere in this thread), except November and December is pretty booked out for me (I've got exams during November, and December is my birthday month and Christmas). Besides, the sooner the demo is out, the more motivated I'll be to finish!

I'm glad you took the time to look around the site, and that you like the stuff on there. I actually have a lot of silly sketches of the characters that I haven't posted yet (some are spoiler-y so I'll just leave them alone for now) and Vasco in a dress as a magical girl isn't the strangest thing I've drawn [laughs]. And I'm happy you like Tamela! Please feel free to draw her, I bet your art isn't goofy at all!! I'd love to see her in your style.

Thank you so much for your support and comment! I hope you'll enjoy the next batch of updates too; especially now that I've figured out how I'm colouring the backgrounds, things will be much smoother.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#87 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Weoulf wrote:Vasco in a dress as a magical girl isn't the strangest thing I've drawn.
Now this I have to see. Have you considered drawing the whole crew in magical girl outfits? :lol:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Weoulf
Regular

#88 Post by Weoulf »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Weoulf wrote:Vasco in a dress as a magical girl isn't the strangest thing I've drawn.
Now this I have to see. Have you considered drawing the whole crew in magical girl outfits? :lol:
I HAVEN'T BUT I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA DRAW THE WHOLE CREW AS MAGICAL GIRLS, THANK YOU.
(Maybe I'll put in the demo, at the end of the game as a little thank-you image.....)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#89 Post by Xerofit51 »

Weoulf wrote:I HAVEN'T BUT I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA DRAW THE WHOLE CREW AS MAGICAL GIRLS, THANK YOU.
(Maybe I'll put in the demo, at the end of the game as a little thank-you image.....)
...this interests me....

Bouki
Regular

#90 Post by Bouki »

Weoulf wrote: Hello, welcome back! Hahah, it's absolutely a-okay that you weren't sure what to write; I understand. I'm just pleased that you've taken time out of your day to comment and give me so much feedback - and even if you think you're not that sweet or nice, I still think you are! Especially with what you've said about me making GxB games (to be honest, I'm still not sure how well I could do it) - it's nice you're so understanding about it. There's still a fair share of people supporting me despite the game not really being their preference and I'm still very happy and thankful for them - so please don't feel guilty about it! Ah, but I must admit that your concern for me made me really happy, hahah. And I think it's a great compliment to know I took priority over an anime episode (especially over one as good as Haikyuu!! - I love that manga/anime).
Just realized it's hella easy to quote people *facepalm* I swear, it's like my brain short-circuits in hot summer days. I'm glad that you're pleased with my post, and it's absolutely no problem, I really like posting on the threads I like ^^ About the GxB thing, well it's just that I feel like a freeloader when I play free games people work so hard to make (well people wouldn't make it free if they didn't want to, but still) Therefore I try not to compain about personal things like preferences or art style. I would point it out if I objectively thought something was off though, haha. Oh and I'm glad you watch Haikyuu!! too ^^ Checked your twitter for some updates and I guess you even watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun? Awesome! Now I'm even more convinced that your sense of humor is great, haha. (I don't get why but I feel extremely good when I find people who watches the same things/plays the same games as me. So here, have my friendly feelings halfway acroos the world :D)
Weoulf wrote:And yes! Vasco is the cool, cold type. Actually, FUN FACT: Vasco used to have Lyall's personality, and Lyall used to have Vasco's! Lyall was also initially going to be the same height as Ethon, hahah. It's sort of hard to imagine it now; I'm glad I made the changes that I did.
The .psd file does say 'killme'...I forgot to change it; how embarrassing...Ah, man. Backgrounds are so hard for me, heh. I hope I can get through them quickly too. Oh, and the current word count is for the prologue only, so far. I'll try not to drag it on for too long if I don't have to, but yes, I'd like for everyone to enjoy the story and to get to know the characters without being rushed. Hmm, my writing is...well, I can't say for sure! I'm worried most about my writing, but at the same time it's what I'm most confident about, if that makes sense.

I won't be releasing the episodes separately - the prologue and episodes (plus an epilogue, maybe?) will be all together. They'll sort of be like chapters, I guess? You'll be able to do a lot in each chapter/episode, and like in anime and novels, certain events and things will be covered in each chapter such as school events and...romantic events! Some events are linear and others are specific to choices you make. And sometimes, the choices you make lets you see the event from different perspectives. The demo covers quite a bit, I think. Enough so that the player gets to meet all the main characters, can get a hold of how the game works and the story, and learn a bit about the school and other basic information. Some of the non-romanceable characters will also be in the prologue/demo! In fact, four of them will be in the prologue/demo currently so you'll get to meet them. As for the demo release, I'm (optimistically) hoping for late September. But if not, then definitely at the end of October at the latest.

Thanks again for your wonderful comment, and I hope you enjoy the next update! I'll look forward to your rant about the characters, heh. Have a great week yourself, friend.
I really can't imagine Vasco having Lyall's personality, haha. I think Lyall is better off as the flirty type. I don't mind the height of characters that much, but I'm glad not all of them are the same. It kind of irritates me when all of the sprites are the equally tall.
Haha, I didn't think it was embrassing, I would probably hate it too if I had to draw something with so many details. I'm happy to hear that it's only prologue, but what caught my attention the most was how you can see an event from different perspectives. Now this sounds really interesting. Even more reasons to look forward to your demo ^^ I'm surprised that you wil release it so soon, I thought it would take at least until december. I wouldn't mind my education getting destroyed by (I'm almost positive my parents would say otherwise, but oh well.) There are quite a lot of demos and games I look forward getting released towards the end of this year. Seems like my first semester in college will be a failed one :D

...I'll just be honest, I wrote all this to actually say this without sounding like a pervert: I'll have many sleepless nights until I finally get to see all of the crew in magical girl outfits. And once I get to see that, I'll make that my wallpaper. YES. Arthur and Lyall are the ones I'm most excited about :3 Since Lyall's interested in politics, someone should really make a ''vote for Lyall' poster... with him in that magical girl outfit. I'd vote the hell out of that. I'm sure anyone would.