Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#91 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Weoulf wrote:
Mad Harlequin wrote:
Weoulf wrote:Vasco in a dress as a magical girl isn't the strangest thing I've drawn.
Now this I have to see. Have you considered drawing the whole crew in magical girl outfits? :lol:
I HAVEN'T BUT I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA DRAW THE WHOLE CREW AS MAGICAL GIRLS, THANK YOU.
(Maybe I'll put in the demo, at the end of the game as a little thank-you image.....)
Yes! And then once they find the Ginzuishou check the appropriate books out of the library, they'll be able to defeat Queen Beryl pass their exams.

(I had way too much fun writing that . . .)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

#92 Post by Weoulf »

Hello and sorry for the late update, everyone!
I wish I had an actual excuse but alas, it comes down mostly to poor time management and frustrated screaming when I should have been drawing.
So without further ado, here are some updates!

First up, the FINALLY FINISHED BACKGROUND.
Oh, Lord. I hate drawing backgrounds - what in the world possessed me to think it was a good idea to draw them myself?
Well, at any rate. The first one is done:
If you stare at it for too long you'll see all my mistakes so just...sort of glance at it.
I stuck the sprites on top at one point and you can't even see it so whatever:
oh lord.png
(NONE OF THOSE LINES ARE IN THE GAME, BY THE WAY. I JUST PASTED SOME RANDOM STUFF IN, I'M VERY SORRY.)

Moving along - here's a CG of our Main Character!
MASAHIKOCG.png
His expression actually changes depending on your choice prior to viewing the CG, meaning that there's three versions of this CG (including this one).
The image will be cropped to fit in the actual game like so:
somedumbdialogue.png
(These lines will be in the game, just so ya'll know. And this isn't what the game actually looks like. I've just been making sure I know how things work, heh.)

And now, news on the soundtrack!
As I mentioned before, I'll be making the songs by using Musicshake.
You can listen to three of the tracks here!
http://weoulf.tumblr.com/
I might not post all the game music up (some of the character song titles are...spoilers...), so maybe I'll just stick with uploading the music that'll be in the prologue.

Lastly, we've got a new piece of fan-art from tumblr user kaworunageezer! Whoo!
Drop her a line on tumblr; she's a cool kid (and also my little sister, heh).

That's it for now.
For the next batch of updates will be more music and a word count!
I know people usually want art updates, but I think I need to rest my wrist (if you've been on my twitter you might've seen that I actually tripped and fell down a hill, and almost busted my wrist HAHA). I also want to finish writing this prologue ASAP so, please bear with me! I'll make up for it, I promise.

WHO KNOWS, YOU MIGHT GET TO SEE SOME...........HELL'S COLOSSEUM: MAGICAL GIRL EDITION FT. SILVIA HOFFMAN.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#93 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Yay! An update! Great work as usual. :)

But be sure to check your script for typos and generally awkward sentences. The word "my" is missing from "I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth---to no avail." Actually, I'd rewrite that sentence to remove the long pause: "I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth, but to no avail." Or "To no avail, I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth."

I would also consider rewriting the sentence in the third panel to "Consequently, the neighbors on either side of my small apartment had come knocking, wondering if I'd won the lottery or something." Or maybe "Consequently, my neighbors had come knocking, wondering if I'd won the lottery or something---my apartment is small, so they could hear everything."

And this is the part where I run away from the King Heights boys before they think I've usurped their teacher's position. :lol:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Weoulf
Regular

#94 Post by Weoulf »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Yay! An update! Great work as usual. :)

But be sure to check your script for typos and generally awkward sentences. The word "my" is missing from "I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth---to no avail." Actually, I'd rewrite that sentence to remove the long pause: "I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth, but to no avail." Or "To no avail, I try to fight the grin tugging at the corners of my mouth."

I would also consider rewriting the sentence in the third panel to "Consequently, the neighbors on either side of my small apartment had come knocking, wondering if I'd won the lottery or something." Or maybe "Consequently, my neighbors had come knocking, wondering if I'd won the lottery or something---my apartment is small, so they could hear everything."

And this is the part where I run away from the King Heights boys before they think I've usurped their teacher's position. :lol:
Argh, yes! Thank you very much! I still need to read through and make the appropriate edits so thanks for that. I have a bad habit of powering through things and forgetting to look back on it. Heh, if only I had the King Heights boys on my tail over everything - actually, never mind. I just imagined what it would be like if Lyall was the one correcting me over my shoulder and I'd rather you correct me any day. He'd be so annoying.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#95 Post by try10 »

Those lines are killing me!!!! :))))))))

chaos

#96 Post by chaos »

boys, boys, this is not the way to pick up a man! ya'll need a lesson here. good thing the setting's a school.

the background looks great! no need to worry over it :D congrats on finishing it!
i'm listening to one of the tracks now and it sounds wonderful ;v; and i'm looking forward to the word count; honestly i think writing is the biggest thing in a VN, art being the second. rest your wrist!
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

Weoulf
Regular

#97 Post by Weoulf »

try10 wrote:Those lines are killing me!!!! :))))))))
Haha! I'm glad! They won't be in the game, but I'll definitely put in some awful, awful lines like those in.

chaos wrote:boys, boys, this is not the way to pick up a man! ya'll need a lesson here. good thing the setting's a school.

the background looks great! no need to worry over it :D congrats on finishing it!
i'm listening to one of the tracks now and it sounds wonderful ;v; and i'm looking forward to the word count; honestly i think writing is the biggest thing in a VN, art being the second. rest your wrist!
DAMN, those boys definitely need a lesson in picking up guys, hahah. I doubt any of those lines would work on anyone, no matter how charmingly you say it, pfft.

Thank you, heh. I'm hoping the next few backgrounds won't be too bad - and I'm glad you like the music! They were fun to do. I'll try my best with the writing!

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#98 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hi hope you're doing well. Just asking, how's progress on your game? :)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#99 Post by Ferdokki »

How did I miss this?? This looks so cool and fun!

BAD BOYS GALORE!! *_____*

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#100 Post by kisa »

Include the line about falling from heaven. Do it.
I DARE YOU TO DO IT.
It's so perf. Just-amg...
*slowly melts into a puddle and absorbs everything made so far*
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

JinTonic
Regular

#101 Post by JinTonic »

I love bad boys!!! <3 pity I don't like bxb games... I will play it imagining that the protagonist is not a guy but me)))

Weoulf
Regular

#102 Post by Weoulf »

GUESS WHO'S BACK?
If you've been following my activities on twitter, then you've seen that I've commenced work on Hell's Colosseum again.
The prologue is almost complete, and the outlines for each episode have already been completed. I apologise for disappearing all of a sudden; things got a little crazy for a while. I'll put up a journal entry about it on dA or something just to give everyone a brief summary of what happened.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be a quick update on things since it's late over here. I'll have a bigger one on Sunday regarding CGs and the word count, as well as some very minor changes in gameplay.

First on the agenda: I have two new questions that would be cool if you could answer. If you'd prefer to answer anonymously, I'll have a new survey up on Sunday and you can just fill that out instead!
♥ Do you want all the songs to be posted, even if the song titles may contain spoilers?
♥ Would you like to see a demo in the next two or three weeks? BGs + CGs will be completed but the GUI will most likely be incomplete.

Second: new screenshots are up on the website! The page contains backgrounds and game screenshots.

And lastly, music. 5/6 themes have been completed. I wonder if you guys can guess which theme belongs to which boy?

It's really good to be back and working on this project again. A great big thank you to everyone for the encouraging messages/emails/comments/feedback! You guys truly helped me get my act together. I'm sorry again for leaving you all in the dark for so long, but I hope you'll all enjoy the next update. Have a wicked day, guys.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#103 Post by Rinima »

Wooo for update! The new screenshots look awesome :)
As for your questions:
1. Is there a way you can post them without the names?
2. Sure, GUI isn't the most important thing in a demo anyway, and you can always post a new demo later on with GUI :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Willowen
Projects: Oh My Deer
Organization: Endless Production
Tumblr: Endless-Production
Deviantart: Willowen

#104 Post by Willowen »

Oh my goodness! I haven't been on Lemma Soft Forums for a long time and this suddenly pops up on the screen. I am so excited to play this game and will be tuning in on all your updates. The storyline is very interesting. I love all the screenshots you posted on your website and your art style if very unique and cool to look at.

For your questions:
1. Like Rinima said above, is there a way you could post the music without their titles? Such as *Soundtrack 1*, or *Song 1*. You could even let us listen to snippets of each song (or only 2 or 3 of them).
2. The fangirl in me is wanting to say, "ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YES! GIVE US A DEMO!" but if you feel you need more time to create a demo then that's totally fine too. However, it may be good to see what everyone thinks of it so far and if there are any glitches or whatnot.

Well, thank you for updating! I can't wait for this to be released!
Last edited by Willowen on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Working on

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#105 Post by Xerofit51 »

Weoulf wrote:
GUESS WHO'S BACK?
If you've been following my activities on twitter, then you've seen that I've commenced work on Hell's Colosseum again.
The prologue is almost complete, and the outlines for each episode have already been completed. I apologise for disappearing all of a sudden; things got a little crazy for a while. I'll put up a journal entry about it on dA or something just to give everyone a brief summary of what happened.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be a quick update on things since it's late over here. I'll have a bigger one on Sunday regarding CGs and the word count, as well as some very minor changes in gameplay.

First on the agenda: I have two new questions that would be cool if you could answer. If you'd prefer to answer anonymously, I'll have a new survey up on Sunday and you can just fill that out instead!
♥ Do you want all the songs to be posted, even if the song titles may contain spoilers?
♥ Would you like to see a demo in the next two or three weeks? BGs + CGs will be completed but the GUI will most likely be incomplete.

Second: new screenshots are up on the website! The page contains backgrounds and game screenshots.

And lastly, music. 5/6 themes have been completed. I wonder if you guys can guess which theme belongs to which boy?

It's really good to be back and working on this project again. A great big thank you to everyone for the encouraging messages/emails/comments/feedback! You guys truly helped me get my act together. I'm sorry again for leaving you all in the dark for so long, but I hope you'll all enjoy the next update. Have a wicked day, guys.
Yaaay ur back!! Maybe I'll draw another character of urs to celebrate :3. As for those questions:
1. Hmm I prefer spoiler free to be honest (maybe random tittles?)

2. I would like that if it isn't too much trouble 4 u

Hope u have fun making ur game. Cheers~