Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Erikka
Regular

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#61 Post by Erikka »

Art looks very good! Pity that this game is BxB :(

Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

#62 Post by Weoulf »

Erikka wrote:Art looks very good! Pity that this game is BxB :(
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but thank you all the same. I'll consider a GxB game in the future!

Erikka
Regular

#63 Post by Erikka »

Weoulf wrote:
Erikka wrote:Art looks very good! Pity that this game is BxB :(
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but thank you all the same. I'll consider a GxB game in the future!
It makes me very happy to hear that you will consider the possibility of making GxB game. BxB is just not my thing :/
I think your art is gorgeous! I wish you a lot of inspiration! You are very talented!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by try10 »

Ohohoho! This looks good and dangerous! So many bad boys out here and I already got a favourite one. Lyall seems interesting and I'll go for him first. I hope you are going to release a demo. I'm sure this game is going to be badass!

Weoulf
Regular

#65 Post by Weoulf »

Erikka wrote:It makes me very happy to hear that you will consider the possibility of making GxB game. BxB is just not my thing :/
I think your art is gorgeous! I wish you a lot of inspiration! You are very talented!
Ah, you're really too kind! Thank you very, very much! I've never really written GxB before, but I can tell you that I've got a plot for a BxB/GxB game sitting in one of my folders. Looks like a GxB game in the future isn't impossible!
try10 wrote:Ohohoho! This looks good and dangerous! So many bad boys out here and I already got a favourite one. Lyall seems interesting and I'll go for him first. I hope you are going to release a demo. I'm sure this game is going to be badass!
Hahaha, delinquent boys that like to knock each other around are my specialty. I'm going to try and release a demo around late September to sometime in October! It might be a bit too ambitious of me, but we'll see...? I hope it'll live up to your expectations.

Weoulf
Regular

#66 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: Here are this week's updates! I thought they'd be a little late since my internet has been wigging out for the past two days, but it looks like I'm on time:

This is the last of the sprite expressions and casual outfit previews for the boys. They've been fun to do, so I hope you've all enjoyed reading them!
Q&A WITH VASCO.png
Q&A WITH VASCO2.png
I also managed to finish Lyall and Vasco's uniforms yesterday, but they'll be put up next week with the rest of the boys.
As for the game soundtrack, I've decided to make it on musicshake. You can read up on what it is here. I've only got two finished tracks right now (though I can't say whether they'll be final or not) and they'll be posted up on youtube sometime in the near future (i.e. a week? two weeks at most?) with other finished songs.

Lastly, the word count:
The prologue is being written without the programming/coding right now, so the current word count rings up at 12,269 words. I'd say I'm around half-way with the writing for the prologue...hopefully it won't take much longer, and I can get the demo out before December.

This week's updates aren't that interesting, but I'll make up for it next week with more game art! For the next set of updates, we've got the following coming up:

♥ preview of either prologue BGs or CGs
♥ preview of character uniforms
♥ preview of Lev's casual outfit
♥ update on the word count

Would you rather see CG previews or BG previews by Aug. 17th? Does anyone have a preference?

P.S I just want to say thanks again to everyone who filled out the survey! It's been a huge help and your kind words have been great encouragement. Keep rockin', folks.

chaos

#67 Post by chaos »

personally i prefer BGs so that i don't see spoilers, but i think a lot of people will prefer to see CGs o:

Vasco's lookin good <3
and wow you're making the music yourself? talk about multi-talented o: i'm looking forward to hearing the soundtracks! and the rest of the updates too :D
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#68 Post by Rinima »

I'd rather see CG's :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#69 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Aww. Vasco's adorable. He really ought to lose the mask. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#70 Post by shortycake »

I want to see the BGs since they are harder to make XD

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#71 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

jsyk, I'm actually really glad that someone is making a BxB game that looks so polished, so put together. There's no shortage of hetero games out there but so little BxB representation in the OELVN community. It's nice to see something that, as a gay guy, I don't have to supplant myself into a female's role in GxB to enjoy it.
Live Life Heroically

chaos

#72 Post by chaos »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:jsyk, I'm actually really glad that someone is making a BxB game that looks so polished, so put together. There's no shortage of hetero games out there but so little BxB representation in the OELVN community. It's nice to see something that, as a gay guy, I don't have to supplant myself into a female's role in GxB to enjoy it.
fully agreed! though i'm bi so it's a bit easier to find something for myself since i enjoy bxg games as well, but bxb deffo needs more love round here ;v;
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

Weoulf
Regular

#73 Post by Weoulf »

chaos wrote:personally i prefer BGs so that i don't see spoilers, but i think a lot of people will prefer to see CGs o:

Vasco's lookin good <3
and wow you're making the music yourself? talk about multi-talented o: i'm looking forward to hearing the soundtracks! and the rest of the updates too :D
Thanks! I hope the music isn't too bad; I'm not much of a musician, I'm afraid, heheh. Musicshake has been a huge help for this project. If more people prefer to see CGs then I'll just crop the CGs so you don't see all of it, but if BGs win out, I hope they aren't too bad since I'm godawful at backgrounds hahaha. Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm on the updates!
Rinima wrote:I'd rather see CG's :)
Thank you for your input! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ If I don't have them up for the next set of updates, I'll put them in another time.
Mad Harlequin wrote:Aww. Vasco's adorable. He really ought to lose the mask. :)
Ahh, thank you, I'm glad you think so. He won't keep the mask on for too long, I promise! (Or at least, he won't have it on all the time).
shortycake wrote:I want to see the BGs since they are harder to make XD
They are so much harder to make; I'm really terrible with BGs. I've been trying to hide it for so long but now you can see how bad I am at them, haaahahaha. But I'll do my best...ヽ(;▽;)ノ
AllegroDiRossi wrote:jsyk, I'm actually really glad that someone is making a BxB game that looks so polished, so put together. There's no shortage of hetero games out there but so little BxB representation in the OELVN community. It's nice to see something that, as a gay guy, I don't have to supplant myself into a female's role in GxB to enjoy it.
Firstly, thank you - I'm glad you feel that way about this project. I really hope that you'll feel comfortable playing as the main character for this game; I know I usually crave games where I can play as a male MC and pursue male love interests just so I can feel a little more involved with the game, haha.

Thanks for your support, guys!

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#74 Post by shortycake »

it's alright, I know you can do it! actually I saw the bg sketches on the H'sC website and they are looking great XD

Weoulf
Regular

#75 Post by Weoulf »

shortycake wrote:it's alright, I know you can do it! actually I saw the bg sketches on the H'sC website and they are looking great XD
Oh gosh, hahah, thank you! They're a lot harder to colour than I thought they would be (and I already assumed it would be hard) but I guess it counts at practice? I can only hope the final product works out, heh.