Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#46 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: The deviantART and twitter accounts are up!

--
Demetis wrote:The character sprites are looking really good! * v * Can't wait to see the dressed ones! 8'D (Mainly because I am curious about the outfits duuuuh who wouldn't drool on the naked bishies right now 8'D //slapped)
Glad to see the production going so fast! >w<
Hahah, thank you very much! I must admit I had way too much fun drawing the characters in just their underwear, but I hope you like their outfits too (when I get around to them, heh). For now, enjoy! Heheh. Thanks again!
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

AngelSanctuary
Projects: Catnip BB~

#47 Post by AngelSanctuary »

I really like the design, the logo, the characters, and the story of your game! Everything got my attention fast.
I'm not much into Yaoi, BxB games (don't kill me you all ;-;), but probably I'll play your game. It's super awesome.
Congratulations on your hard work! I know how difficult is to make a game all by yourself. Don't give up, and if at any time you feel discouraged (because things sometimes don't go right), read this post and see all the support that you're getting.

♥ If you could ask any of the boys any question, what would you ask them?
Uuuh... I don't know. Perhaps, why don't you guys get interested in the girls here (us) too? heheh

♥ Have you taken a shine to any of the characters yet? If so, which one and why?
Okay, so, the ones that caught my attention from the beginning were Lyall and Ethon. Lyall mostly because he remembered me of Ciel, from Black Butler, and I love him so much! <3 But by his looks, he seems to be very devilish. And Ethon, well, he remember the sportsy one, loud and agitated, probably I'll go for him first. :)

Vynuxys
Regular

#48 Post by Vynuxys »

this looks so good omg. the art is gorgeous and i like the story too. lyall's all sorts of up my alley :D the devils are the best, especially if you can teach 'em to mellow out a bit.

but anyway, i'm sure the workload is difficult, it's great to see regular updates though. there are hardly any bxb games around here so it's really so nice to see something quality coming along! i can't wait for more stuff to see c:

Weoulf
Regular

#49 Post by Weoulf »

AngelSanctuary wrote:I really like the design, the logo, the characters, and the story of your game! Everything got my attention fast.
I'm not much into Yaoi, BxB games (don't kill me you all ;-;), but probably I'll play your game. It's super awesome.
Congratulations on your hard work! I know how difficult is to make a game all by yourself. Don't give up, and if at any time you feel discouraged (because things sometimes don't go right), read this post and see all the support that you're getting.

♥ If you could ask any of the boys any question, what would you ask them?
Uuuh... I don't know. Perhaps, why don't you guys get interested in the girls here (us) too? heheh

♥ Have you taken a shine to any of the characters yet? If so, which one and why?
Okay, so, the ones that caught my attention from the beginning were Lyall and Ethon. Lyall mostly because he remembered me of Ciel, from Black Butler, and I love him so much! <3 But by his looks, he seems to be very devilish. And Ethon, well, he remember the sportsy one, loud and agitated, probably I'll go for him first. :)
It's seriously a great boost to my self-esteem to know that people like you, who aren't really into playing BxB/BL games, are willing to try this game out. Seriously! It really means a lot. Thank you so much for your kind words. To be honest I kind of underestimated the workload, and even though it's been fun so far, sometimes I do wonder if all this is even worth doing to begin with...but stuff like this does remind me that people do care. It means the world to me! And thanks for answering the questions!
Vynuxys wrote:this looks so good omg. the art is gorgeous and i like the story too. lyall's all sorts of up my alley :D the devils are the best, especially if you can teach 'em to mellow out a bit.

but anyway, i'm sure the workload is difficult, it's great to see regular updates though. there are hardly any bxb games around here so it's really so nice to see something quality coming along! i can't wait for more stuff to see c:
Thank you! It's great to know you like the art and the story - and Lyall! Ahaha, for some reason I'm actually a little surprised people like Lyall so much. I was a little worried initially, but I'm glad. Thank you so much for your support!

Weoulf
Regular

#50 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: I finished all of Lev's expressions and his work outfit, so here's a thing that reveals four of his expressions (out of ten). Enjoy!
Q&A-WITH-LEV.png
Q&A-WITH-LEV-PT2.png
Also, I just finished all of Lyall's expressions too so I'm working on his casual outfit now. And that means Lyall will be answering some questions next!
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weoulf
Regular

#51 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: Aaaand here's a sneak-peek at Lyall's casual outfit and some of his sprite expressions!
Q&A WITH LYALL.png
Q&A WITH LYALL2.png
Crevan and MC are up next for this week's updates. Also, some new characters will be introduced!
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#52 Post by Mad Harlequin »

These are great! I think little comic strips are a neat way to show off a character's different moods and facial expressions.

And yay, new characters! :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#53 Post by Chasing Summer »

I had a feeling he’d be into politics. Maybe Lyall will be America’s next president one day. (;

Pushing my terrible attempt at a joke aside, I’m looking forward to further updates!
new account: sonnenblumen

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#54 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Unfortunately, you forget that candidates for the presidency must be born here to be eligible! (Too bad for Lyall. :lol:)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#55 Post by Chasing Summer »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Unfortunately, you forget that candidates for the presidency must be born here to be eligible! (Too bad for Lyall. :lol:)
Oups. Completely overlooked that! Should probably have remembered considering that I’ve lived part-time here for 3 – 4 years now. :oops:

Better luck next time, Lyall.
new account: sonnenblumen

Weoulf
Regular

#56 Post by Weoulf »

Mad Harlequin wrote:These are great! I think little comic strips are a neat way to show off a character's different moods and facial expressions.

And yay, new characters! :)
Thank you! I wanted to present them in a fun way and it was the only way I could think of, heh.
Chasing Summer wrote:I had a feeling he’d be into politics. Maybe Lyall will be America’s next president one day. (;

Pushing my terrible attempt at a joke aside, I’m looking forward to further updates!
Hahah! Well, you know what, it's probably best...a guy like Lyall...stays away from being president...Good thing he wasn't born an American citizen, right?

Weoulf
Regular

#57 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: Here's Crevan's casual outfit preview, as well as his sprite expressions, and MC's work outfit preview with some of his expressions. Oh, and his default name is revealed!
Q&A WITH CREVAN.png
Q&A WITH CREVAN P2.png
Q&A WITH MASAHIKO.png
Q&A WITH MASAHIKO2.png
Plus, new four new characters have been put up on the game site - here and here. Devoss, Oana, Meilin and Tamela are the newest additions to the crew!

Lastly, I've got a survey here. I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill it out; there are ten questions. Also, I did a stupid doodle of Crevan and posted it on twitter if you wanna check that out too. I'm probably gonna do a lot of those...I mean, just because they're a bunch of delinquent students, it doesn't mean I can't poke a little fun at them. It is a comedy/romance after all!

Work on Arthur and Ethon's sprite expressions and casual outfits start on the 28th. Also, some of our main character's rivals make an appearance next week...?! Stayed tuned, folks.
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weoulf
Regular

#58 Post by Weoulf »

UPDATE: Hey, everyone! Just wanted to say thank you to those who filled out the survey - it was a huge help, and I received some really nice feedback too. It was interesting to know people's thoughts on the characters, progress and other things. Thanks again for taking the time to do it! I'll do my best to work and continue on all those things people covered.

Now, on to this week's updates:
Q&A WITH ARTHUR.png
Q&A WITH ARTHUR2.png
Q&A WITH ETHON.png
Q&A WITH ETHON2.png
WHEW...Looks like I'm almost done with the sprites. Speaking of which, you can find the two new characters, here and here!

Also, for anyone curious about the word count, the prologue is currently at 5,532 words. I'm hoping to finish writing it this week, if not the next, so I can focus on finishing all the images and sounds that will be included in the prologue. Afterwards, I'll start on all the content for the first chapter.

So that means, work on Vasco's sprite expressions and casual outfit start on August 4. An update on the word count, Vasco's previews, and news on the game soundtrack can be expected to be up by August 10. 'Til next time!
Last edited by Weoulf on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bouki
Regular

#59 Post by Bouki »

Well BxB isn't my favorite kind of pairing but I just can't resist a game which introduces characters with comics D: Thank you for presenting characters with such an original idea, I had fun reading them! Actually this will be my first BxB game, my body is ready (...I guess?) And woah, this is your first game? Your art, logo and GUI seems pretty professional. I love how you used such bright colors, your game looks really lively and it certainly made a good first impression on me. I liked your art style too, it has ligh-hearted and lively feel. I'm sure your projects in the future (if you want to make more of course, haha) will be awesome if this is how your first looks like ^^ Another thing, I checked your twitter for updates and wow, you're just 19?... (Sorry if that last sentence sounded a little stalker-ish, haha. I am harmless, I swear!) People this talented and this young makes me sad. I am really amazed, though!
Your game has quite a lot of characters and you're making so many outfits for all of them. It must be a lot of work! Seems like you're making good progress though. I didn't think you could update so much every week. Maybe you can release this in a ''pay what you want'' platform? I think most of us here are broke students (sadly) but I would like to throw some dollars if I have some extra money by the time you release this. (Dunno, seems like noone really pays for PWYW though. It might be a bad idea) I don't think it counts as much as paying, but either way I would like to thank you in advance for spending this much time for creating something ^^
About characters, my favorite would be Ethon. 'Cause, you know, FRECKLES. I can't tell you how happy I am to see a character with freckles. Other characters are good too but... he even said ''ain't'' and ''ya'' and teased Lyall D: Arthur's way of talking about other characters made me laugh too, I'm sure it would be fun to interact with him. I liked Lyall too, mainly because his blushing face looks adorable. Talking about adorable, Crevan's laughing face is the embodiment of that. (was that smooth? :lol: ) Anyways, I guess I'll just say I liked every character, but if I have to pick one of them, my heart truly belongs to Ethon and his freckled face. Only one I didn't care that much about is Lev I guess. (sorry Lev, but I only hit on my students) On a side note, I liked our Main Character too. He got me with that last ''Oh boy''. His face is what I imagined Snape to be in his Hogwarts years, only... you know, much more handsome. I think it's because of the long black hair. But I'm probably the only one who thinks he looks like Snape, haha. Anyways, I was curious about how our MC would turn out, because I think in a teacher/student love story a poorly-written teacher character would make the story all cheesy. But I believe yours will be all good ^^ I love how you added new characters, I think it's nice to have some additional characters to add a little depth to the story. I especially liked Silvia, I look forward to competing with her for boys' love. Bring it on, Silvia!
For your questions:
1- I would ask Vasco why his face is covered. But I don't think you will answer that, it will probably be in the game right? Same with Ethon's hair color. I guess I have to wait until the game is released.
2- I... might have taken a shine to Ethon.
Sorry, I kind of lost control when I started and ended up writing pretty silly things ^^'' But you got me interested even though this game is BxB, and I look forward to seeing more of it. Best of luck with your project!

PS: Just filled out the survey and... Damn, seriously, Arthur needs some love.

Weoulf
Regular

#60 Post by Weoulf »

Bouki wrote:Well BxB isn't my favorite kind of pairing but I just can't resist a game which introduces characters with comics D: Thank you for presenting characters with such an original idea, I had fun reading them! Actually this will be my first BxB game, my body is ready (...I guess?) And woah, this is your first game? Your art, logo and GUI seems pretty professional. I love how you used such bright colors, your game looks really lively and it certainly made a good first impression on me. I liked your art style too, it has ligh-hearted and lively feel. I'm sure your projects in the future (if you want to make more of course, haha) will be awesome if this is how your first looks like ^^ Another thing, I checked your twitter for updates and wow, you're just 19?... (Sorry if that last sentence sounded a little stalker-ish, haha. I am harmless, I swear!) People this talented and this young makes me sad. I am really amazed, though!
Oh, gosh. I just read your post and - thank you!! Thank you so, so much! I'm so happy right now, heheh. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that. It makes all of this worth every hour I spend on it. You didn't write anything silly at all - I really hope you enjoy this as your first BxB game, especially since you've been sweet enough to write so much nice stuff to me! If it's any consolation, I'll actually be turning 20 in December, and I did study a little bit of graphic design for two years in high-school (where I also interviewed a game company) so all of that came in handy for this project. I'm definitely planning to make more games in the future - I hope you'll be there to support them too, if this one is to your liking!
Your game has quite a lot of characters and you're making so many outfits for all of them. It must be a lot of work! Seems like you're making good progress though. I didn't think you could update so much every week. Maybe you can release this in a ''pay what you want'' platform? I think most of us here are broke students (sadly) but I would like to throw some dollars if I have some extra money by the time you release this. (Dunno, seems like noone really pays for PWYW though. It might be a bad idea) I don't think it counts as much as paying, but either way I would like to thank you in advance for spending this much time for creating something ^^
Ah, putting the game up as a PWYW is something I have considered, but I probably won't do...well, as long as no one feels like they're obligated to pay anything, then I'm sure there's no harm in it. But I am thinking about a mini-online shop for the game where I can just sell some prints or maybe an artbook/databook with info and images that won't be in the game, for anyone who wants to support the game financially! Either way, I always intended this game to be free for everyone to enjoy, but I am super, super grateful that you even want to throw a couple bucks my way. Like I said, it makes all of this worth it.
About characters, my favorite would be Ethon. 'Cause, you know, FRECKLES. I can't tell you how happy I am to see a character with freckles. Other characters are good too but... he even said ''ain't'' and ''ya'' and teased Lyall D: Arthur's way of talking about other characters made me laugh too, I'm sure it would be fun to interact with him. I liked Lyall too, mainly because his blushing face looks adorable. Talking about adorable, Crevan's laughing face is the embodiment of that. (was that smooth? :lol: ) Anyways, I guess I'll just say I liked every character, but if I have to pick one of them, my heart truly belongs to Ethon and his freckled face. Only one I didn't care that much about is Lev I guess. (sorry Lev, but I only hit on my students) On a side note, I liked our Main Character too. He got me with that last ''Oh boy''. His face is what I imagined Snape to be in his Hogwarts years, only... you know, much more handsome. I think it's because of the long black hair. But I'm probably the only one who thinks he looks like Snape, haha. Anyways, I was curious about how our MC would turn out, because I think in a teacher/student love story a poorly-written teacher character would make the story all cheesy. But I believe yours will be all good ^^ I love how you added new characters, I think it's nice to have some additional characters to add a little depth to the story. I especially liked Silvia, I look forward to competing with her for boys' love. Bring it on, Silvia!
This was really fun to read, but I guess that's normal because everyone likes to know what people think about their characters. Actually, I think if you used that line on Crevan, he'd be totally over the moon with joy, hahah. I'm really flattered that Ethon and Lyall are so popular; it's like they're the poster-boys for Hell's Colosseum! I'm actually really excited to see how people react to their relationships with each other (I think there'll be some fun surprises). Hopefully our MC isn't too cheesy at all - I have to warn you, my sense of humour is AWFUL, heh.
For your questions:
1- I would ask Vasco why his face is covered. But I don't think you will answer that, it will probably be in the game right? Same with Ethon's hair color. I guess I have to wait until the game is released.
2- I... might have taken a shine to Ethon.
Sorry, I kind of lost control when I started and ended up writing pretty silly things ^^'' But you got me interested even though this game is BxB, and I look forward to seeing more of it. Best of luck with your project!

PS: Just filled out the survey and... Damn, seriously, Arthur needs some love.
Thank you for answering the questions! Why Vasco's face is covered will definitely be in the game, so you're right, I can't answer that (yes, just like Ethon's hair colour, hahah). Even though Arthur's not all that popular, I hope those who try out his route will enjoy it. Everyone has their preferences so I'm not too torn up about it. I'll just try and make him as interesting as I can without deviating too much from his character.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback (and for filling out the survey). You're very sweet and encouraging; I hope you enjoy the next update. Have a rockin' week!
Last edited by Weoulf on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.