EX-Terminators [RPG/VN-hybrid][GxB][Psychological][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Snowjoker
Regular
Completed: None =0
Projects: EX-Terminators[RPG/VN Hybrid]

EX-Terminators [RPG/VN-hybrid][GxB][Psychological][DEMO]

#1 Post by Snowjoker »

For All Platforms
MediaFire Download Link
If you're having any problems, please let me knows! Thanks!
Feel free to give feedback, comments, questions, concerns, etc!

(Introduction post below :mrgreen: )
Hey all, this isn't my first time here so you might have seen me around before. I've vanished for a while due to being busy. Anyways, I got some free time and I decided to work on an idea I had in my mind for a while. Although the characters and story have changed drastically from when I first started this haha :lol: . So, I present to you this new visual novel I’m working on:
Title's a bit cut off due to re-sizing the picture.
In a city called Technologica, there is a strange law that everyone follows. This law is called the Midnight Curfew and states that all residents of the city must be inside their homes before midnight. The government states that anyone who isn't in their homes will be captured and executed. So of course this frightens a lot of people and therefore, most of them follow this law without questioning the reason behind it. The story starts with our young lady named Kristal (default) Skylar (you can change her first name). One day, she foolishly goes out late at night and didn't get back to her house in time before midnight arrived. From her foolishness, she finds herself in a much dangerous and darker world and her life completely turned upside down. Whether she dies or lives another day will all depend on her choices and her determination to survive this nightmare.
This is only the beginning.

MC (default name) Kristal Skylar- Out of curiosity, our foolish heroine decides to go out one night even though the Midnight Curfew say that people will be penalized and executed if they stupidly try to go outside. She’s stubborn, acts on her emotions and likes getting a decent amount of sleep each night even if sleeping eight hours might make her late to school the next day (and then she usually regrets her choice later). She cuts her hair short because long hair is too ‘time consuming’ and doesn't care much about fashion. She tends to get angry easily but avoids starting fights because she doesn't want to get hurt. She easily worried over small things and cares about the people close to her.
Sebastian Dukes- Cold and mature, he is a young man who is serious about his work. He is very straightforward about his opinions and you might think he’s rude because of that. He doesn't like it when his partner, Alexander, goofs off. He does not like it when others ask him too many questions although he will help if you need it.
MC comment: What’s with this guy? He glared at me after bumping into me! What did I do to deserve that?!
Alexander Royce- A cheerful guy on the outside, he is known as Alex. He is always mocking Sebby and even goes as far as dressing like Sebby and then calling the outfit their ‘group’s uniform’. He’s always fooling around and is the exact opposite of Sebby. You might be wondering if he is hiding anything behind that cheerful smile. Well, you should be doubting this guy.
MC Comment: He seemed nice at first until I saw him during that time. I can’t understand this guy at all. He’s always smiling…that’s just creepy.
Elias- The mysterious cat boy who does not understand the human world. He’s a strange boy who acts a lot like a cat. Well, he claims he is a cat. He has a habit of hugging the MC a lot and will do anything for the MC to help her out.
MC Comment: This cat is way too innocent and wears his emotions on his sleeves. He’s one of those people that others take advantage of and he wouldn’t even notice it.
????- Who is this person? He meets our heroine once and asks her a weird question about the Midnight Curfew.
MC Comment: I don’t even know what to say about this person…ummm…he’s very mysterious?

-Branching storyline with multiple endings!
-Explore the city of Technologica. Use the map to choose where to go!
-Simple battle system! Defeat the darkness that stands in your way to find the truth behind the city!
-Access your Aura! It’s like a smartphone but smarter(?)!
1024x768 screen size!

Are you ready? You're not? Well, too bad for you because it's almost time to begin XD.

Demo Version 0 Status:
Coding and Writing: 100%
Music: 100%
Sprites: 100%
Aura Implementations: 100% (but only for now, there's a lot more features not implemented yet)
Temporary Gui: 100%
Main Menu: 100%
Sound Effects: 100%

Lint for demo:
The game contains 663 dialogue blocks, containing 6,651 words and 35,839
characters, for an average of 10.0 words and 54 characters per block.
The game contains 4 menus, 242 images, and 19 screens.

What to expect in the next update which will be on 6/29:
More information in general!
Demo V0 release [Done!]
A better/prettier looking post! [Done!]

Note:These sprites are most likely finalized since I want to focus mainly on exploring the features I can implement and telling an engaging story. :wink:

Credits:
Engine: Ren'Py by PyTom
Sprites: Tokudaya
Background: Uncle Mugen from Lemmasoft
Main Menu Song: The Queen of Spades by Daysuit
(not done yet, much more to come!)

Total Progress:: TBA XD

Demo Questions (not too much different from the original XD)
For now, I’m just looking for some feedback and it would be great if you can take a few minutes to answer the following questions.
I: What did you think of the demo? Did I move too fast through any scenes? Should I taken longer for introductions?
II: Anything that you wish I could’ve included more about?
III: Would you play the game even if romance is more of a subplot in the storyline but it’ll be a natural process of MC and the guy developing feelings for each other?
IV: Who interests you the most? Or in other words, whose route would you have gone for from what you've seen so far?
V:Questions? Concerns? Comments?

The Aura! It's a popular little thing that everyone uses these days in Technologica!
The Aura! It's a popular little thing that everyone uses these days in Technologica!
Explore the city! Don't worry, this is only District 1! There are more districts to go to! XD
Explore the city! Don't worry, this is only District 1! There are more districts to go to! XD
Fight (simple) RPG style! Are you asking about that creature over there? Yeah, don't pay attention to it for now.
Fight (simple) RPG style! Are you asking about that creature over there? Yeah, don't pay attention to it for now.
elias-meeting.PNG
sebby and alex2.PNG
That’s all for now! More details to come soon!
Last edited by Snowjoker on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=27211
EX-Terminators: Accept Your Destiny
Upcoming RPG/VN Hybrid, sci-fi and psychological game (with just a little bit of horror XD)

PennJones
Projects: Hellbound
Tumblr: nbshep

Re: EX-Terminators [RPG/VN-hybrid, GxB, Psychological]

#2 Post by PennJones »

To answer your questions:
1. I am quite interested in the demo. Mostly because of the cute cat-boy, but the plotline seems good too. On the subject of the plot, it's a bit rare to find sci-fi-esque or darker otome games, so they're rather refreshing. I hope this game won't disappoint.
2. No. I think you covered all of the basic information that needed to be included in the summary.
3. Yes, I would still play this if the storyline wasn't romance-centric.
4. I actually do have some comments.
(I realize that the following may seem a little rude, and I apologize if I do seem rude. I'm not trying to be; I'm honestly just being blunt.)
I think that the text boxes for the 'battle' could be a bit difficult to keep track of if there end up being more than two. If you only keep two 'actions', then it should be fine, but if you add more to the screen, maybe consider moving the text boxes to the middle of the screen or to the bottom of it. Of course, you said the GUI was temporary, so you may be changing how they look.
That being said, I really like how the cellphone/Aura looks. The colors on it aren't offensive to the eye, they're not distracting, and overall I just like how it looks. Especially the 3D sort of element that it has.
Anyway, I wish you good luck on this project.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by try10 »

This game looks unique and interesting and I would very much like to play it after it's release. Good luck! :D

Snowjoker
Regular

#4 Post by Snowjoker »

PennJones wrote:To answer your questions:
1. I am quite interested in the demo. Mostly because of the cute cat-boy, but the plotline seems good too. On the subject of the plot, it's a bit rare to find sci-fi-esque or darker otome games, so they're rather refreshing. I hope this game won't disappoint.
2. No. I think you covered all of the basic information that needed to be included in the summary.
3. Yes, I would still play this if the storyline wasn't romance-centric.
4. I actually do have some comments.
(I realize that the following may seem a little rude, and I apologize if I do seem rude. I'm not trying to be; I'm honestly just being blunt.)
I think that the text boxes for the 'battle' could be a bit difficult to keep track of if there end up being more than two. If you only keep two 'actions', then it should be fine, but if you add more to the screen, maybe consider moving the text boxes to the middle of the screen or to the bottom of it. Of course, you said the GUI was temporary, so you may be changing how they look.
That being said, I really like how the cellphone/Aura looks. The colors on it aren't offensive to the eye, they're not distracting, and overall I just like how it looks. Especially the 3D sort of element that it has.
Anyway, I wish you good luck on this project.
Hi PennJones, thanks for your comments/answers! Elias is indeed very cute (I am almost debating on making his ears animated and move up and down but we'll see about that later :lol: ) Yes, I've noticed there is a lack of darker otome games in English so I hope you'll like it once it comes out!
Awesome! I was wondering about the romance part since it's an otome game and all.
For your comments, not rude at all! It makes perfect sense and glad you mentioned that since I forgot to include more about the battle system in my main post! So I'm most likely going to stick to those two actions. :D However, battles will still be engaging in other ways so I hope not having like bunch of skills on the screen won't make it too boring. At the moment, the battle GUI probably won't be changed because it looks fine (at least to me). Although I will take considerations to change it if people don't like how the battle is set up once the demo is out. Glad you like the Aura! Its design used to be a normal smart phone but then I figured that would be boring when it's the age of super advanced technology and that means something like virtual reality should have been invented by now (*hint* *hint* this actually relates to a feature in the Aura :wink: )
Again, thank you for your feedback!
try10 wrote:This game looks unique and interesting and I would very much like to play it after it's release. Good luck! :D
Hi try10! Thank you for your comments! My goal is to get out from the usual otome games features and try something new. Glad to know it's unique and interesting! Hope you'll enjoy playing the game!

Demo version 0 is coming along, currently working on sound effects. I'm 99% sure I will have it out in (about) 2 days! Hope you guys will have fun playing once it comes out! Till then, I'll leave you this:
new-screenie.PNG
Screenshots can't show this too well but it's a simple animation of when a file is downloaded using the Aura. Happens super early in the game anyways when our heroine's Aura needed a quick update (she totally forgot about it). :lol:
Upcoming RPG/VN Hybrid, sci-fi and psychological game (with just a little bit of horror XD)

Snowjoker
Regular

Re: EX-Terminators [RPG/VN-hybrid,GxB,Psychological,Demo 6/2

#5 Post by Snowjoker »

Edited the first post and putting this up since....
Demo Version 0 Released! Details on the demo is the following!
Features
-Introductions of the main characters that have routes as well as one of the side character
-Demonstration of Map System
-Demonstration of Battle System
-Demonstration of the Aura System (very basic, you can't do much yet)

MediaFire Download Link for demo! Click here!

Not Implemented in this demo/Will be Revised for next demo
-A better introduction for Chiyo -I noticed her appearance is sudden in the demo but that's because I wasn't going to include a description of her until I get her sprite.
-An actual functioning Aura that you can actually do stuff with!
-More Aura animations for phone calls, messages, etc

Demo Questions (not too much different from the original XD)
For now, I’m just looking for some feedback and it would be great if you can take a few minutes to answer the following questions.
I: What did you think of the demo? Did I move too fast through any scenes? Should I taken longer for introductions?
III: Would you play the game even if romance is more of a subplot in the storyline but it’ll be a natural process of MC and the guy developing feelings for each other?
IV: Who interests you the most? Or in other words, whose route would you have gone for from what you've seen so far?

Hope you'll have fun playing the demo! Thanks for reading!

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

Re: EX-Terminators [RPG/VN-hybrid][GxB][Psychological][DEMO]

#6 Post by Doomzilla »

I thought you should know that I attempted to download this and got a malware warning from chrome.

Snowjoker
Regular

#7 Post by Snowjoker »

Hey! Thanks for telling me! That was because the file is new and its not a commonly downloaded file so chrome wouldnt have recognized it. I scanned it before on my computer so there definitely shouldn't be any malware in there. You can scan it with your own anti virus as well before opening the game if u want to make sure. If there's anyone who got the game working, perhaps they can confirm that it's fine? XD

Madii

#8 Post by Madii »

Snowjoker wrote:Hey! Thanks for telling me! That was because the file is new and its not a commonly downloaded file so chrome wouldnt have recognized it. I scanned it before on my computer so there definitely shouldn't be any malware in there. You can scan it with your own anti virus as well before opening the game if u want to make sure. If there's anyone who got the game working, perhaps they can confirm that it's fine? XD
I downloaded it with Firefox and it works just fine. No malware or anything. :wink:

And as for the questions:

I loved the demo! The plot was intriguing, the characters were interesting (I loved Eli. So cute. :) ) and it was an overall great demo. I can't really think of any times the plot was moving too fast, either. I really enjoyed it.

I really wanted to see more of the Aura. It's just a really interesting piece of technology to me, and I really want to see what else it's capable of.
And I would also like to know how the Aura can kill those "creatures" so easily... but I have no problem waiting until I play the full game to find out. :wink:

I have no problems with it whatsoever. It would actually annoy me if it wasn't just a subplot; not that I don't like romance, but the rest of the plot is so interesting, it would seem like a waste to not explore it.

ELIAS! He's absolutely adorable. I love him! :lol:
Plus, the way he's always calling the MC "Master" and trying to protect her is SO cute.

Nope! :P

Good luck with the game! I'm really looking forward to its release! :D
"Success is an achievement, while failure is a lesson. One cannot celebrate one, without learning from the other." ~ Somebody. I'm sure of it.

Lin Lin

#9 Post by Lin Lin »

How de things are going ? Everything okay ?

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by philip »

It's always a little scary, and sad when I find a VN demo that interests me, and a long period of time passes and there have been no posts by the author for a long period of time. In this case it has been nine months or so . . . . sigh!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Erikka
Regular

#11 Post by Erikka »

It looks very nice!)) I like that there's a battle system in the game! The characters look good... Dukes and Elias are the hottest)))
How much romance is going to be in the game? I mean I like to fight but I also like all the dating-thing)