Everybody Loves Amy[Anti-Otome, play as an obtainable][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HalYac17
Regular

Everybody Loves Amy[Anti-Otome, play as an obtainable][DEMO]

#1 Post by HalYac17 »

Plot

We all love Otome games, playing as a cute girl who chooses a boyfriend out of a selection of guys. But how does it feel to be one of the guys in an Otome game, fighting for the girls love?

In Everbody Love Amy, you play as Nick, a regular high school student who'll soon be graduating. However, at the beginning of his last term of school, a new girl moves into Nick's homeroom class - Amy. Will Nick be able to charm Amy while keeping his friendship with best friend Sora in tact, or will Amy's arrival ruin everything? Do Sora and his twin brother, Ken, have feelings for Amy too? And why would Amy change school so late in her school career?

Characters

Nick Davies (17)(Main)
Nick is a fairly easy going guy. He's not the best at his school work, but that
doesn't bother him. As long as he's enjoying himself and his school days, he's not
too fussed.

Sora Mitchell (18)
Half Japanese video gamefanatic. It was this passion which drew him and Nick
together (though the fact that Nick felt a bit sorry for Sora when they first
met might also havesomething to do with their friendship). Often talks of his
private school girlfriend (who many people don't believe exists).

Kenji "Ken" Mitchell (18)
Sora's twin brother (Sora is 4 minutes older than Kenji though, and will tell
anyone and everyone this). Unlike Sora however, Ken is incredibly popular,
often seen as the school sweetheart. Nick sees nothing wrong with Ken, but
Ken and Sora fight all the time.

Amy Taylor (17)
The sweet new girl that all the guys seem to have a crush on. Why did she
transfer school so late though?

Screenshots
1.jpg
2.jpg
Other Notes

So this is my second VN, and a slightly experimental one. I'll put the link to the demo below (its the all distribution, so it should work for everyone, but if it doesn't I'll do seperate distributions), so any thoughts on that, or just the idea in general would be greatly appreciated! :D

Compared to my first VN for those who played it I reckon each of the routes in this one will be a lot shorter. However, each route will be a lot more detailed and unique (doing variable counts from the perspective of an obtainable is a lot more complex than you'd think :P) so word for word it'll probably work out the same. As for release date of the final version... it really depends (there are a few story details I still need to work out, which will affect the overall length). I'm aiming for a September release, but I wouldn't take that at face value - it could meant July, but it could also mean December. Long story short, it'll be ready when it's ready - sorry about that :P (Update obviously the September release didn't happen. Regrettably, I've not made much progress since this post due to IRL stuff getting in the way and me not feeling creative enough to make this as good as I want. While it may appear as if the project is suspended, let me assure you it is not. I took a year long hiatus during my first VN, but I managed to get my creativity back and finish it. Hopefully, this VN will be the same and hopefully it won't take as long to get back into writing. VN writing is something I love, but I want my VNs to be consistently good and so don't want my writing to be compromised by whats going on around me. Good things come to those who wait... :P )

In the meantime, any questions or comments at all, please let me know, as I'd love to hear them! :D

Demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/rl0pn ... .0-all.zip
Last edited by HalYac17 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Everybody Loves Amy[Anti-Otome, play as an obtainable][D

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I think this is a pretty interesting premise, and it could turn out to be something really special if you put the effort in.

I noticed a few typos in the demo, including "avergae" or something similar. Do another pass over the script, though, and you should be fine. :)

I look forward to seeing more!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

HalYac17
Regular

#3 Post by HalYac17 »

I'm glad you think my idea could work! Yeah, I'm pretty bad for typos to be honest, but the final version will be proofread by myself and (hopefully) another proof reader who checked my first project over, so the final version should be ok :)
Thanks again for your kind words! :)

Chaotic
Regular

#4 Post by Chaotic »

I can see that the sprites are from BassNovel, which only allows theses sprites to be used in games created within BassNovel only. If you need only sprites, why not check out the Creative Commons section on LS?

HalYac17
Regular

#5 Post by HalYac17 »

I've done a quick bit of research and that doesn't appear to be the case - apparently, as long as I directly contact the artist and ask for permission I should be fine (as detailed here). Admittedly however, I have not done this, as as far as I was aware before BASSNovel was a free resource site for any VN maker/engine, so I will get on that immediately. Thanks for the heads up though, and for the CC links if I can't get in contact with said artist (or for future projects, as it sounds easier and safer). :)

Needy

#6 Post by Needy »

I was wondering if this project is still alive and what is it status? I hope its still going to happen because I was really enjoying demo :)

RosalieRHouk

#7 Post by RosalieRHouk »

I like the demo from your idea. I think you spent much time on this project. and I think the final version is ok, too. Hope it be alive and wait for next ones.

---------------------------
http://besttestosteroneboosteronthemarket.org/

HalYac17
Regular

#8 Post by HalYac17 »

I'll be honest Needy, it's been quite a while since I've touched anything VN related. If I ever return to this project, I'm afraid it wont be for quite some time, due to being busuy with IRL stuff :/